New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New Metallica Leaked-Best New Song by ddrummer_nli on Sep 3,2008 4:49pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ddrummer_nli at Sep 3,2008 4:49pm
I've listened to pretty much the whole cd. And it is fucking great. Not all the way back to the 80's but I would easily say it's better than the Black Album. So here's my vote for best new song "All Nightmare Long". The riffage is pretty solid, Lars plays some good double bass, and even though the solo isn't rediculous shredding, it's longer than 30 seconds like the other songs. this is the song that brings me back the pre 90's days definately.

toggletoggle post by rbass at Sep 3,2008 5:16pm
I can't choose a favorite yet. I definitely like most of the songs a lot and will be playing this a good deal.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 3,2008 5:48pm
this came out officially?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 3,2008 5:49pm
wait i just noticed the thread title. blarg

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 3,2008 5:59pm
It leaks like a raped rectum.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Sep 3,2008 6:56pm
I've only heard two of the new songs, namely "Cyanide" and "My Apocalypse". They both appear to be a step in the right direction, but the way I see it, Metallica are more businessmen than musicians anymore; they seem to play music more with the interest of selling albums rather than any kind of artistic purpose.
I think the whole idea of trying to make a thrash album again was just an attempt to win back the old fans who turned their backs on them, kinda like "Okay, if you all pay 18 bucks for the new album, we'll start playing fast again - deal?"
Plus James Hetfield seems to have completely lost his ability to sing; he really sounds horrible now.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 3,2008 6:57pm
old band is oooooold

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 3,2008 7:06pm
"This album isn't worth shit compared to their previous albums. But hey, at least it's better than St. CRAPPER, AMIRITE?"

-Virtually every review for Death Magnetic

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 3,2008 7:18pm
i'll give this album a chance if i can get it for free. but i ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to pay for it.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Sep 3,2008 10:09pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
i'll give this album a chance if i can get it for free. but i ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to pay for it.

I have listened to it. There are some really good parts to it, and some mediocre parts. Very little makes me ill. It is better than the Black album or anything that has come since. I can picture this being what "should" have followed Justice. It would have sat better with fans in 1991, although it would not be on par with any of the previous ones.

toggletoggle post by BenFo at Sep 3,2008 11:33pm
Do not want.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 3,2008 11:35pm
no thanks.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Sep 4,2008 12:10am
I'm standing by my choice of "Suicide & Redemption" as my favorite. But it's definitely on shit-hoagie level. And since I'll probably post it in the other thread... here is everybody's consolation prize:

RIDE THE LIGHTNING
vinyl rip @ 33 1/3 rpm aka the heaviest album ever

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P30BOWPN

seriously... fade to black and creeping death... BLESS MY FUCK!!!

toggletoggle post by neverpurified  at Sep 4,2008 1:25am
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]

RIDE THE LIGHTNING
vinyl rip @ 33 1/3 rpm aka the heaviest album ever

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P30BOWPN

seriously... fade to black and creeping death... BLESS MY FUCK!!!

Funny you should say that, I was listening to Master of Puppets at 33 1/3 the other day, Disposable Heroes is some heavy shit at that speed

toggletoggle post by demondave at Sep 4,2008 1:32am

toggletoggle post by BenFo at Sep 4,2008 7:06am
demondave said[orig][quote]

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Grossly Chaotic Hellstorm
[default homepage] [print][12:44:58am Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01300 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]