New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Jesu - Why Are We Not Perfect by Conservationist on Aug 18,2008 10:37pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Aug 18,2008 10:37pm edited Aug 18,2008 10:41pm

Justin Broadrick demonstrated through his early works a desire for that moment of unitivity when the conscious mind and emotions synchronized. Through Godflesh, and later Techno Animal and Final, he showed a passion for bringing colossal structures to bear on moments of quiet contemplation. With Jesu, he resurrects his music outside the ghetto that extremist offerings can be, and melds into post-rock disparate influences from industrial, shoegaze, noisepop, and so forth. Jesu, protean as all Broadrick projects are, in turn twisted from more radiantly noisy to its current softer state. On "Why Are We Not Perfect" Jesu moves the slider closest to shoegaze... Read More: Jesu "Why Are We Not Perfect" review

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 19,2008 7:27am
i'm curious to hear this, though i wish he would incorporate more of the s/t sound. i love Conqueror and Silver, but Lifeline and some of Pale Sketches was a little too soft for me. i miss angry Broadrick.

toggletoggle post by mikeofdecrepitude at Aug 19,2008 7:47am
Broadrick's ep's and splits have been hit or miss. Conqueror is a good album, but I have to be in the proper mood to appreciate it. Without question, I could listen to heart ache and s/t all day. The sun down/sun rise ep was excellent, and the track Farewell off of his split with Eluvium is the personification of quality pop music. I still don't know how I feel about Lifeline, but his split with Battle of Mice was impressive. I don't know how many people have heard it, but his tracks contain an Aphex Twin / Autechre influence; reconciling the IDM and jesu sound perfectly.

toggletoggle post by todayistheday nli at Aug 19,2008 7:55am
he releases waaay to much material. i think this could have just been fine as the eluvium split..these remixes are nothing special..

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Aug 19,2008 9:12am
Yeah, I have the original version from the eluvium split...it's cool...but I think it's a little too easy for him to produce music...

well written review

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Aug 19,2008 9:13am
I'll listen to the remixes and probably agree with titd

http://rapidshare.com/files/138296930/Jesu..._-_by_Skhrnykhsk_-_MusikFactory.rar

so will you

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 23,2009 10:35am
i'm listening to Lifeline right now, i like it a lot more than i did. my brother made me a cd that has Silver and Lifeline on it, they flow together really well. i don't know if i care for the female vocals, they aren't bad, i think just a little out of place. if they had been sparse it would work so much better.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS NLI at Mar 23,2009 10:37am
<333333333333 Jesu

toggletoggle post by fgfgfgfg at Mar 23,2009 12:22pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i'm listening to Lifeline right now, i like it a lot more than i did. my brother made me a cd that has Silver and Lifeline on it, they flow together really well. i don't know if i care for the female vocals, they aren't bad, i think just a little out of place. if they had been sparse it would work so much better.

onlysong I like on lifeline is the first song

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 23,2009 10:35pm
I love EVERYTHING Jesu puts out. One of the only bands I listen to that I actually buy EPs from. This is a very good EP. I'm hoping for a full-length this year.

toggletoggle post by tylor  at Mar 23,2009 11:49pm
the self titled is my favorite by far

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Mar 24,2009 1:14am edited Mar 24,2009 1:14am
s/t and Silver minus one song are all I ever come back to.

toggletoggle post by beleth  at Mar 24,2009 1:24am
self titled slayed. nothing else is really notable in my opinion

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 24,2009 2:05am
I love Conqueror, Silver EP and Self-Titled the most.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 24,2009 7:23am
i only wish for a little more Godflesh sound in it, kind of like Man/Woman on the s/t.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 24,2009 8:23am
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
I love EVERYTHING Jesu puts out.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][12:41:24pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.20840 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]