New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> metal drummer looking for established band... by 603metaldrummer603 on Aug 7,2008 12:24pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by 603metaldrummer603 at Aug 7,2008 12:24pm
Hey my name is shawn. I'm a metal drummer from New Hampshire looking for an established metal band only. I can blast, i have strong double kicks. I have recordings of stuff I have done. I want a band that has songs written and will teach them. It has to be a full band with a practice space.The band has to be reliable. I want to throw down and i can practice anytime. Please make sure to read my influences.

Influences are:The black dahlia murder, Bleeding through, Dillinger escape plan, Cannibal Corpse, Converge, all shall Perish, Unearth, Life at zero, glass casket, Despised Icon, between the buried and me,Into the moat, Devourment, Abnormality, Cephalic carnage, all that reamins,ect. If you are interested in working with me give me a call my # is (603)341-5252. Respond only by phone. will not accept e-mails or messages.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Aug 7,2008 12:33pm
I sent you an email.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Aug 7,2008 12:37pm
lol

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 7,2008 12:49pm
how old are you?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 7,2008 12:57pm
first non drummer. this is a repost too. I think he's in his late 20's

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 7,2008 1:03pm

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Aug 7,2008 1:11pm
He should make a post on RttP. Someone will answer it, I'm sure.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 7,2008 1:18pm edited Aug 7,2008 1:18pm
redundant post is redundant post is redundant post

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 7,2008 1:22pm
did he post and repost every month?

It's hard not to pick this post apart... but i'll resist.

toggletoggle post by aril at Aug 7,2008 1:39pm
you've gotta give him credit. dude wants to be in a band. I thought there was a bunch of bands that needed a drummer? what happened?

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Aug 7,2008 1:47pm
seriously, all anyone ever says is how theres no drummers around but when one posts on here but has black dahlia murder on his influences they get ignored

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 7,2008 1:50pm
i'm resentful cause he doesnt live around here :(

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Aug 7,2008 2:41pm
drummers are stupid assholes

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Aug 7,2008 2:46pm
yea, right...stupid dumb fuck dummiebutt heads

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 7,2008 5:04pm
the reason most drummers get ignored is because when people actually hear them they suck. Most drummers list influences like dillinger, cephalic, and btbam, but when you tell em to play something off of alaska or calculating infinity they dont stand a fucking chance. drummers (musicians) should list bands that they not only like, but they can actually PLAY some of there stuff.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 7,2008 5:07pm
hate to say it..... but i've met WAY more dumb drummers than smart ones. think about it, who is drawn to drums... people who wanna hit things. hard and fast. people who wanna make a lot of noise, people who wanna be the center of attention. When you think about it, its a miracle there are as many good drummers as there are. With the amount of physical conditioning and boring mind numbing practice you need to do, the testosterone drivin dude-guys who are drivin to playing usaully dont get that good.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Aug 11,2008 1:54pm
I can't understand how people do that "get some agression out by playing the drums" shit. Playing drums is fucking shitty and there's nothing stress-releaving about it.

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Aug 11,2008 2:10pm
there is to an extent...usually playing drums will mellow me out if i'm bored or anxious or both...playing a show/set usually puts me in a great mood

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 11,2008 2:40pm
yeah it puts me in a great mood too. And relieves a lot of stress, but only now that i can actually play what i want to. My drumming was the cause of stress in the begging, why cant i do this, why do i keep slowing down, why won't nile take me as their new drummer?

Ya know, the normal questions every drummer asks themself when they start.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Aug 12,2008 2:49pm
I'm just an overly critical perfectionist towards myself, so I will never be happy at anything I do, ever. Therefore, drumming is almost never a stress free experience for me.

haha actually, that was a pretty good realization of why I hate myself. Thank you, rttp. Clarity!

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 12,2008 2:52pm
nice, usually i get that clarity from psychedelics, but RTTP works...
And i totally understand about being that hard on yourself, i find if i record myself doing whatever excercises are on my practice regiment for the week, then listen after i have done them every day for a week it makes me feel a little better cause i can see improvement. But yeah, i get pretty hard on myself too.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Aug 12,2008 3:35pm
When I'm confident enough in my bands' songs I usually start video taping them so I can see little inconsistencies I miss while I'm playing. Right now I need to get my 6 stroke rolls louder and more consistent, work on my left hand rimshot blasts, single stroke 4 on bass drum, doubles on bass drum, etc. Lot o' stuff on my drumming to-do list. And that's just chops.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 12,2008 3:41pm
you suck

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 12,2008 3:44pm
oh yeah, my list goes on for miles.. And i think that will never change, seeing as when i finish doing an excercise (i usaully do em for about two months, every day for 15min-2hours, depending on how important it is, or how far from doing it i am) i figure out three more variations of it i should be doin. Never ending cycle, but that's what makes it so rewarding i think, the fact that there limit to how much you can put into it.

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Aug 12,2008 3:46pm
i wish i lived in a situation where I could setup my kit and jam daily, i kinda could but we share our house with two other people...i dont think they'd like that

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 12,2008 3:57pm
no, it never works in a house or apartment where there are other people. Even roomates kills it, they might say they're ok with it, but when it gets down to the nitty gritty and your practicing four hours a day, they fucking lose it. They come up with excuses as to why "Nows not a good time" or "I have a headache" or "i just got in a car accident and have a concussion, could you NOT do blast beats for 4 hours"... so on and so fourth.

anyways i wake up every day grateful that i took the job living in the practice space, sure the bands playing at 2:30am are irritation, cleaning up bands puke/diareaha sucks/so does kicking out drunk assholes picking fights in the halls. (my place IS in southie) but being able to do flam excercises before i shower in the morning for work is priceless.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][9:21:29am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01524 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]