New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Obama leads 6 percent over McCain by zyklon on Aug 5,2008 4:42pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by zyklon at Aug 5,2008 4:42pm edited Aug 5,2008 5:19pm
Solid margins among women, minorities and young voters have powered Barack Obama to a 6 percentage point lead over John McCain in the presidential race, according to a poll released Tuesday.

Obama is ahead of his Republican rival 47 percent to 41 percent, The Associated Press-Ipsos poll showed. The survey was taken after the Democratic senator from Illinois had returned from a trip to Middle Eastern and European capitals, and during a week that saw the two camps clash over which had brought race into a campaign in which Obama is striving to become the first African-American president.

McCain, the senator from Arizona, is leading by 10 points among whites and is even with Obama among men, groups with whom Republicans traditionally do well in national elections.

Obama leads by 13 points among women, by 30 points among voters up to age 34, and by 55 points among blacks, Hispanics and other minorities, the poll shows.

Independent Ralph Nader and Libertarian Bob Barr both won support from less than 5 percent of the registered voters surveyed. When people were asked who they would support if Nader and Barr were not on the ballot, Obama's lead over McCain was virtually unchanged.

The poll showed a huge Democratic advantage when voters ponder which party they would like to see control Congress next year. Democrats were favored over Republicans 53 percent to 35 percent, underscoring the mountainous disadvantage McCain and other GOP candidates are facing in the Nov. 4 voting.

The poll illustrated other ways damage has been inflicted on the Republican brand name as well.

Just 18 percent think the country is moving in the right direction, and only 31 percent approve of the job President Bush is doing. Both readings are a bit better than the record lows in the AP-Ipsos poll that both measures scored in mid-July.

Congressional approval was at 19 percent, just above last month's all-time AP-Ipsos low. Because Congress is almost always widely disliked as an institution and its members come from both parties, that reading is usually a murky measure of whether the majority party — Democrats this year — is in trouble.

The poll was conducted from July 31-Aug. 4 and involved telephone interviews with 1,002 adults, for whom the margin of sampling error was plus or minus 3.1 percentage points. Included were interviews with 833 registered voters, for whom the error margin was plus or minus 3.4 points.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Aug 5,2008 6:30pm
i don't know who i want more, it's like the difference between coca cola and pepsi.

aka they both suck

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Aug 5,2008 6:53pm
Wasn't the last election like that too?

John F. Kerry

toggletoggle post by Mess at Aug 5,2008 6:56pm
they do both suck but i'd go for McCain. Obama is a pussy by playing the race card.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Aug 5,2008 7:24pm
Mess said[orig][quote]
Obama is a pussy by playing the race card.

What other card was he going to play? The "inexperience card"? The "I quit smoking for this" card?

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Aug 5,2008 7:32pm
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Aug 5,2008 7:38pm
Mess said[orig][quote]
they do both suck but i'd go for McCain. Obama is a pussy by playing the race card.

All I know is I'm sick and tired of the same bullshit and that's what McCain represents, another 4 more yrs of Bush's crap, for the better or for the worse I want change, I don't give a fuck if he's white, black, mulatto, yellow, purple they're all the same to me.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 5,2008 7:50pm
Good job, that's like picking dog shit over peas for dinner, just because you're sick of peas. Enjoy choking on higher taxes and a war that even God couldn't get us out of. Enjoy the high gas prices that will only get higher because you think that the Pres. can get us out of that too. Change your congressional leaders if you really want change. Obama being in office is actually frightening. Say good-bye to your Second Amendment rights.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Aug 5,2008 8:13pm
You don't know for sure if Obama is gonna be better or worse than Bush unless you're Nostradamus.....
What's so bad about Obama again?

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 5,2008 8:14pm
He's a nigger for one.......

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Aug 5,2008 8:15pm
hahahahahahahahahah I knew you were gonna say that
You know he's half white

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 5,2008 8:16pm
He inexperienced, has a shitty voting record on issues concerning your Constitutional rights, he has the word "Hussein" in his name, he is a Muslim, he's in league with total shitfucks like Billary Clinton, and Democrats have a HUGE history of throwing money at every problem...your tax money, instead of thinking of real solutions. I dunno...do I really need to go on?

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 5,2008 8:19pm
I dunno, I really should just shut the fuck up. I honestly don't know that much about politics, but I do know that as a vet, I would vote for vet. Vets typically have their shit pretty straight when it comes to treating our armed forces with the respect that they very well deserve.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Aug 5,2008 8:25pm
Who cares if his name is Bin Laden? He's christian not muslim, all I know is I don't want the same shit for the next 4 yrs

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Aug 5,2008 8:27pm
I'm a vet too dude but just b/c of im a vet McCain aint getting my vote, they need to come home as soon as possible

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Aug 5,2008 8:42pm
Didn't they just release another poll that had McCain in the lead, even if it's basically a statistical dead heat, like it's been most of this race?
Hell, I just saw a local poll that put Obama in the lead but lossing almost 15 points in Massachusetts to McCain where he now only leads him by 9 points. I'm guessing a lot of Independents that don't buy his shit and a lot of angry Clinton supporters. Remember, Obama had the backing of Mass's political elite and still got smoked by Clinton in the primary. Nh is a toss up, but Obama's numbers had been hurting there. You might see, with the right campaign, McCain put more of New England in play then people would expect.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 5,2008 9:35pm
only 6 points? america is fucking stupid... mostly the democrats

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 5,2008 9:36pm
he will be the most powerful black dude in the history of the world. Also, isn't it weird that chappelle JUST did the black president thing and now when are going to have one?

toggletoggle post by CtB0rderpatrol at Aug 6,2008 12:49am
honestly, i dont know who to vote for. my strategy is to vote for whoevers gonna collapse this country quicker. things need to get bad, out of control before things can get better. as one who's aspiring to be a dictator, my plan is to vote for the absolute worst choice, get people pissed, and use the ensuing chaos to grab power. ill tell the masses of dissilusioned people what the want to hear, and im in like flynn.

obama might be black but hes not of the afro-american post slave stock (no fried chicken, 40's, or watermelon. bummer) and he's bush's 8th cousin

mcCain was a pow. people who get captured get tourtured, and then under pressure do treasonous acts like spilling crucial beans to the enemy. its absurd he's using his "service" as a way to boost his hero aura as we know he would've had more honor putting a pistol to his own head and not sayin a word. it doesnt take a military man to figure that one out.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 6,2008 11:50am
I'm voting for however has the best running mate -

-If Obama gets elected he'll probably be shot within 6 months
-If McCain ges elected he'll more than likely die from a heart attack or stroke.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Aug 6,2008 7:15pm
what about bob barr...I'm just voting for him because he's libertarian.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 6,2008 8:30pm
y_ddraig_goch said[orig][quote]
what about bob barr...I'm just voting for him because he's libertarian.

I would do the same if I thought that he could win.

toggletoggle post by DEATH FIEND sli sli sli at Aug 6,2008 8:31pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
He inexperienced

aw snap son, you done got yo self a point there, dat nigga be inexperienced. however there are many who see this as a positive attribute when observing all the "experienced" politicians who have fucked us up the wazoo since time immemorial

Hoser said[orig][quote]
he has the word "Hussein" in his name, he is a Muslim

two exquisitely factual and rational reasons to vote against him

Hoser said[orig][quote]
he's in league with total shitfucks like Billary Clinton,

yea its too bad the other democratic candidate didn't fight harder against him in the recent primary, then we would... oh, fuck

Hoser said[orig][quote]
and Democrats have a HUGE history of throwing money at every problem...your tax money, instead of thinking of real solutions.

and Republicans have a HUGE history of throwing your tax money into the pockets of big oil and defense contractors, (and i emphasize pockets because clearly very little of this money trickles down to help with gas prices or keeping our troops safe on the ground)
face it, taxes are a certainty of life in a civilized society, and IMHO, if im gonna be paying them, id rather have that money go towards education, healthcare, and heating oil for poor people etc. than feeding a defense budget that is a cold war era anachronism turned unstoppable juggernaut

also, please enlighten me as to what constitutes a "real solution" that does not require money to make it work

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 6,2008 9:03pm
I'm not gonna argue with an idiot. Lemme guess, you're under 25 and from Mass.......

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 6,2008 9:03pm
Argument over.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 6,2008 9:05pm
if you want to keep a smidgeon of your credibility...tell me how you would vote here.

Drill for oil on US land or not?

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Aug 6,2008 9:12pm
Being a war veteran does not make you a better candidate for political office. At all.

toggletoggle post by spacedoc at Aug 6,2008 9:19pm
Hoser, drilling for domestic oil may slow the bleeding of US money to other countries, but it won't do anything to alleviate the price of gas. Not tomorrow, not in ten years, not ever. Not only that, if by some GOP miracle we could produce oil from every single resource we've got, it won't amount to dick when compared to the demand. A.K.A. energy problem not even close to solved by drilling.

toggletoggle post by deathchickNLI at Aug 6,2008 11:26pm
Ron Paul still blows away all the other candidates. I don't care that he dropped out, I'm still voting for him.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by deathchickNLI at Aug 6,2008 11:29pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 7,2008 10:53am
deathchick, I never knew that you supported filling the US with rapebabies. I guess that's death metal. fuck ron paul.

toggletoggle post by deathchick   at Aug 7,2008 11:12am edited Aug 7,2008 11:13am
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
deathchick, I never knew that you supported filling the US with rapebabies. I guess that's death metal. fuck ron paul.

I'm pro choice too.
ron paul is personally pro life but he believes that abortion laws should be decided at a state level, and wants overall less federal government control. that's not really filling the US with rapebabies. even if some states didn't allow abortions someone would still be able to travel to a state that did.

toggletoggle post by grizloch   at Aug 7,2008 11:19am
I love how the guy who thinks Obama is a muslim just called someone else an idiot...

toggletoggle post by MycroftBoy at Aug 7,2008 11:20am
I saw a bumper sticker the other day

"A taxpayer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Cornel Sanders"

toggletoggle post by grizloch   at Aug 7,2008 11:23am
cornel? dude have you met someone from cornel, fucking smart as shit, Id vote for cornel

toggletoggle post by spacedoc at Aug 7,2008 11:31am
Elitist.

toggletoggle post by infect  at Aug 7,2008 11:39am
Hoser said[orig][quote]
I'm not gonna argue with an idiot. Lemme guess, you're under 25 and from Mass.......

that's a good decision, cuz you're not arguing, you're making ad hominem attacks, and spurious ones at that.
trying to discredit someone by making suppositions about their age and where they live is almost as stupid as, well voting for a politician based on their middle name
that being said, the name "Sidney" always gives me a sour feeling in my left testicle, just sayin'

as far as drilling for oil, if thats your example of a "real solution" then, um, wow. just wow.

toggletoggle post by infect  at Aug 7,2008 11:40am
haha i always forget i have a diff name on my computer at work

toggletoggle post by CtB0rderpatrol at Aug 7,2008 12:13pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
if you want to keep a smidgeon of your credibility...tell me how you would vote here.

Drill for oil on US land or not?

nationalise whats already drilled. we can drill all day but prices wont go down unless it stops hitting the global market first. american oil should stay in america

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Aug 7,2008 12:43pm
Republicans try to keep our businesses running. That means big corporations.

Democrats tend to bring on social programs at the expense of infrastructure.

I like Paul and Kucinich the best.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Carnal Blood Soaked Midian
[default homepage] [print][4:18:47pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.03003 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]