New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I'm obsessed with Goatlord by demondave on Jul 14,2008 11:04pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Jul 14,2008 11:04pm

I don't know where this suddenly came from. I have known about them for years, but never showed any interest. I kept seeing their albums again and again since Nuclear War Now released them in the last couple of years.

I finally decided to check them out, despite my reservations that this was going to suck.

I was completely surprised at how much I liked it. By all rights, they should suck, but I really like how raw their stuff is. Its a Doom - Death metal mix.

A review on Metal Archives warned me about the electric toms on the drum kit, and by all rights I should hate it, but the more I listed to it the more I like it.

So anyway, I downloaded all the stuff I could on Soulseek. But after I got into it, I popped over to Armageddon Shop to get the Reflections of the Solstice LP and the Last Sodomy of Mary LP (which comes with a fucking booklet glued in the Gatefold)

Does anyone have a "Die Hard" with the extra seven inch record? That's the one thing not available. Not even through soulseek. I wonder if that is any good.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=4230

http://www.myspace.com/goatlordusa

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 14,2008 11:09pm
I have "The Last Sodomy of Mary" CD in stock.

http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=142501

toggletoggle post by MetalThursday  at Jul 14,2008 11:30pm
ACID ORGY

LSD

ACID ORGY

DRINK THE BLOOD OF YOUR PARTNER

toggletoggle post by MetalThursday  at Jul 14,2008 11:30pm
CHI-CHI-CHI-CHI-CHICKEN DAAAAAAANCE

CHOKING ON... CHICKENS BONES!

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jul 14,2008 11:51pm
Holy fuck those chicken sounds. What the fuck? When I first heard it I couldn't believe they did that. Apparently there is another version of the CD without them. Man that is a sad state to miss out on 'em.

toggletoggle post by c.DeAd at Jul 15,2008 9:09am
One of the best bands ever. They were always so underrated, but almost rightfully so. They were so obscure sounding that I just can't imagine many people digging on it. The album came out on JL America, hence why I would always see it in the bargin bins at Strawberries and Coconuts, so you know it was available to a large audince at the time of its release. Quite weird.

Also, check out Doom Snake Cult. Kinda sounded like a more stoner-Sabbath Goatlord. Ruled hard.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Distorted Pandemic Parasites
[default homepage] [print][7:47:33am Apr 18,2024
load time 0.01134 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]