New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Curt Schilling's Career Probably Over by xmikex on Jun 20,2008 11:00am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 20,2008 11:00am
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3453569

Schilling is saying now that there's no way he's going to be able to pitch this season, and that his career is probably over. He's having shoulder surgery only to make his shoulder stop hurting.

I love Curt Schilling (a lot of people don't) and I have a crazy amount of respect for the guy. But his career being over is old news. He came back from a shitty injury plagued season 2 years ago, and contributed to world series victory. He should have ended it there instead of looking for another (MULTI-YEAR) contract and eating up $8 million in payroll. I honestly don't know what the hell the guy was thinking, or why Epstein would offer him a new deal knowing full well that he probably wouldn't have passed the physical on any other team.

Bloody sock forever.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Jun 20,2008 11:01am
Yea, I heard this. Kinda sucks. One of the best clutch pitchers EVER.

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 20,2008 11:03am
He came back because he wanted his STATS to be better. He wants to be in the Hall.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 20,2008 11:07am
I don't see how, after 2004, anyone could deny that guy a place in the hall. The guy sacrificed his career for the *ahem* GREATEST COMEBACK IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS.

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 20,2008 11:11am
Yea, agreed. I don't think a lot of the writers (especially the ones that aren't huge Sox fans) like Schilling beacuse of his bit mouth and political affiliation. Also, if he hadn't sacfrificed himself in 2004, his stats would be borderline Hall material. It's not like he's a Maddux or a Ryan.

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 20,2008 11:12am
Big mouth. BIG mouth, I mean.

toggletoggle post by mortalis  at Jun 20,2008 2:22pm
his K/9 and K/BB numbers are numbers 13 and 2 all time, respectively. even without the bloody sock, his numbers would probably get him in. if fucking bill mazeroski gets in for one hit, there's no way you can justify denying schill.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jun 20,2008 3:42pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
I don't see how, after 2004, anyone could deny that guy a place in the hall. The guy sacrificed his career for the *ahem* GREATEST COMEBACK IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS.

In your opinion maybe, and as far as in a series, yes your right. But the greatest comeback in a game in sports history was the celtics against the lakers in the finals game 4. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game it was friekin sick.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 20,2008 3:51pm
Are you shitting me? The Celts in game 4 is one of the best comebacks ever. Absolutely amazing. But it will always be #2 to the 4 game comeback of the Sox in 04 which eventually turned into an 8 game World Series run. It can't be touched.

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 20,2008 3:52pm
so the top 2 comebacks happened to be in Boston, and in the past 4 years?

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Jun 20,2008 4:54pm
Yep.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jun 20,2008 4:55pm
we da comeback kidz

toggletoggle post by Kadoorajan Rondo at Jun 21,2008 8:53am
aril said[orig][quote]
so the top 2 comebacks happened to be in Boston, and in the past 4 years?

As far as the big 4 sports are concerned in this country, yes.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Jun 21,2008 10:05am
I love his attitude in the dugout, with his notebook making charts and whatnot. Very serious and smart pitcher, this dude will probably land a broadcasting job somewhere. Off the field I think he's a self-righteous moral prick.
I'd vote for him to go to the hall of fame. His post season numbers are fantastic-which ultimately evens out his regular season stats.

toggletoggle post by ArilliusBM  at Jun 21,2008 11:16am edited Jun 21,2008 11:17am
i was going to apply to his MMORPG company.

http://www.38studios.com

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][4:44:52am Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01152 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]