New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> guitarist and/or vocalist wanted for metal goodness by narkybark on Jun 6,2008 2:19pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jun 6,2008 2:19pm
Seeing that classified ads are all the rage these days, and I've been slacking in my recruitment duties...

A few of the boys from Ouch have decided to start something a little different. We're looking for a second guitarist and/or a vocalist. The material we're doing is not as frantically random as the Ouch material, but it does have it's share of slams, thrashes, offtimes and grooves. We're not afraid to mix styles together. Looking for someone to add their own input into the mix and make a big delicious pot pie. Mmm, pot pie.

For vocalists we have a throaty growl in mind, but perhaps with a little variety and not monotone. We're keeping an open mind to finding out what styles might work.

Practice in Boston a couple times a week, not far from the Broadway T.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 6,2008 3:16pm
hopefully you're still looking in a couple of weeks when i get a car. i am in desperate need of vocalizing for a band.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jun 6,2008 3:55pm
yeti where do you live?

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 6,2008 4:00pm
yeti lives in a frozen cave somewhere in Nepal.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jun 6,2008 4:03pm
ok yeah... i really dont think we will find someone within a couple weeks, but whatever.. So cause damon didnt do it, i will... this is who the new material kinda sounds like:

Faceless, Necrophagist, Decapitated, Behemoth, Decrepit Birth etc...
..and a hint of Meshuggah.

please someone HELP US FIND MORE MEMBERS... our new stuff is so good, i love it. I love playing it, i love writting it, i love listening to the REAL TERRIBLE recording of it. Seriously though, it's cool music. I dig it.

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Jun 6,2008 4:04pm
man, i wish people out here were trying to do stuff like this...in my older lazier years i'd like to try singing for a band

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jun 6,2008 4:04pm
glad to see you guys are still playin music. that show at obriens earlier this year was a good fuckin time

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 6,2008 4:11pm
i'd be interested but I can't because I'm too busy in another band..
good luck

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jun 9,2008 12:57pm
Shout out for those of us in our older, lazier years

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 9,2008 12:59pm
i live in Worcester. i'll be getting a car within the next 2 weeks.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 9,2008 12:59pm
er....i mean a frozen cave in Nepal. NO PHOTOGRAPHS PLEASE

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jun 18,2008 8:19am
well worchester isn't that bad. For practice once a week i would even be willin to do sunday afternoons and pick your ass up if that worked. Anything to get this project into gear. Friekin love this stuff, can't wait to do it live.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jun 26,2008 12:46pm
Like sands in an hourglass, these are the days of our lives.

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at Jun 26,2008 1:43pm
Yeah, my car situation seems to be getting sorted out, so I may be able to do it. (Whichever position Yeti's not going after. Don't want to infringe...haha.)

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jun 27,2008 12:38pm
nothing's been solidified (yeti hasn't come down yet) so try for one, for both, or whatever you want to do.

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Jun 27,2008 1:04pm
this ounds like an awesome project. Good luck. I'd help if I was closer but I am not at all.

toggletoggle post by VomitBleeding at Jun 28,2008 11:54am
Im interested if your still looking for vocs i saw posting a while back for you guys but you already found someone by then. shit sounded good though. influences are all shall perish, deicide, the faceless, job for a cowboy, as i lay dying, in flames, meshuggah and more.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jun 30,2008 12:34pm
sure, still looking. throw me a msg and come on down (bob barker lives forever!)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 2,2008 11:58pm
this thread reads like "no vocalist left behind" or something.

toggletoggle post by sean  at Jul 3,2008 12:16am
can you post and link to that "shitty recording"? I may be interested in playing guitar once I hear it.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 3,2008 9:57am
sean said[orig][quote]
can you post and link to that "shitty recording"? I may be interested in playing guitar once I hear it.

we could, although we already have a short studio stint planned in a couple weeks top get decent recordings of a couple new ones so that people will take it more seriously and be able to learn from them to try out. If you would be willing to, coming to the space is probably the best idea so you could really see if it would be something you wanted to do.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 3,2008 10:00am
Just to make this sound a LITTLE better:

I manage the south boston sound museum for Bill Desmond (owner of Co.) and live there. My apartment is our space, it has a kitchen, nice carpet, lots of window, central air, great views of the city, a real comfortable bathroom, not to mention since i live there i pay most of the rent. So all in all, its a real comfortable situation. (not to mention i never have an excuse if i didnt practice my ass off between practices cause... i sleep next to my drumset

toggletoggle post by fleshfries at Jul 3,2008 10:17am
I'll come and check this out

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 3,2008 10:57am
sweet... we are playing sunday afternoon. next wednesday night, and next thursday night (sans bass on thursday though). Shoot me one at boarcorpse@gmail.com and tell us when/if you wanna come by. The place is located right down the street from the broadway stop on the red line (one stop from south station) if that helps.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jul 7,2008 3:52pm
I don't know if jim has good internet access now, so if you're interested throw a line to narkymods at gmail as well. I am constantly connected to the internets via a series of tubes.

toggletoggle post by Sean  at Jul 8,2008 4:48pm
I'm certainly interested, but as gas prices being what they are, I'd at least like to hear that shitty recording to see if we're in the same ballpark before I fill up the tank. Please link me...

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 9,2008 1:18pm
That is totally understandishable. But alas, i think we will do yet another crappy recording and try to get it a LITTLE clearer tonight so that you can tell what the hell is going on. Because
Death metal + Bad recording = can't hear anything + headache

toggletoggle post by Sean  at Jul 10,2008 1:09pm
Ok cool, post again or pm me with the link when you have it.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 10,2008 2:07pm
will do, going to record it tonight, so should have it up tomarrow. Stay Brutal.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jul 17,2008 4:02am
OK, so we didn't do anything that night, but we did do something tonight.
I'm massively bleary-eyed and it's 4am but since I'll be killed if I don't put at least something up... I threw up (not literally) two unmixed tracks from a live practice recording. There's a couple more coming. These will also very likely be replaced within a week. Enjoy the myspace while it's still new and empty.

http://www.myspace.com/boarcorpse

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 17,2008 8:03am
All in all we are pretty happy with this stuff, it definately is better than all of the other practice recordings we've done. There's some mistakes of course but i think you can hear whats going on most of the time.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 17,2008 11:42am
damon,
did you pm the appropriate partys?

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 18,2008 9:08am
so now i have a little louder better sounding versions, they are a bunch easier to tell what the hells going on.

toggletoggle post by real dude at Jul 19,2008 3:03am
that music is terrible.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 23,2008 9:45am
damon,
new tracks up yet?

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Aug 11,2008 1:09pm
Bumping for new El Crapo Practice Room Recordings(tm), have a listen.

I think we're craving a vocalist more now since we want to get this party started but guitarists are still welcome too.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 11,2008 4:36pm
i think what damon means is: now you can hear him(bass) and eric(guitar) and most of me, just not my bass drum. The actual bass covers it up too much.

toggletoggle post by Jimmy Revenge at Aug 12,2008 1:01am
I don't know what happened to this, but I still want in, if you guys are still looking. Pathogenic is more than dead.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 12,2008 8:41am
oh... for some reason i thought you guys were back in action. Definately Jimmy. You should come down again, we've made pretty significant progress in writting. How you been, ok? How's fisher?

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 12,2008 12:35pm
jimmy, looking foward to seeing ya tommarow. I can't wait for you to hear the new stuff in person.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][8:20:17pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02817 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]