New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> The Accursed calls it quits, sort of. by theaccursedvokillist on Jun 5,2008 2:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by theaccursedvokillist  at Jun 5,2008 2:20pm
Press release concerning The Accursed

After 7 years, four of the five members of The Accursed have called it quits. This is just an end to one era of The Accursed, with Jonathan, Chris, Timothy and Metal George choosing to go their separate ways, and Loki deciding to continue on into the unknown. It feels like we just couldn’t keep going on the route we were headed; we needed change. We have grown apart musically, and our opinions on where The Accursed should go from here differed between members so drastically that there would be no way to make everyone happy. Below, we have compiled some thoughts from every band member:

[Jonathan]

Leaving the band was the hardest decision I have ever had to make, but it was in the best interest for the future of The Accursed, and also for our relationships as friends. My love for the band remains, but I couldn’t keep going on the way we were. There needed to be change, and a drastic one.
I want to say though, that the past seven years together have been the best times in my life. These guys are my brothers forever.
Looking forward, I am far from done with music. I am sad to leave, but excited to see what the future holds.
I am happy to have shared the stage with such amazing musicians. I will miss The Accursed terribly.

[Chris]

I'm coming to terms with leaving, and it just seemed like the right thing to do. Looking back, it's been a hell of a run. Almost 7 years, and like the rest of us, a lot of my heart and soul went into that band. I held back from opportunities for it, saw three of my own children born while a part of the band, and though seeing it come to such an abrupt end is rather saddening, there comes a time when you should just let it go before it implodes and hurts everyone involved in the process. It was a hard pill to swallow, believe me.
Although I am upset by it, I'm relieved to finally step back and look at what we accomplished together, the five of us. To really see where our roots were and how we evolved as a band and as friends. Jon, George and Tim, I wish you guys luck in everything you choose to do after The Accursed, and Chris I wish you luck in carrying on with the band, hopefully you have good fortune. I want to wish everyone in The Accursed family the best.

[Metal George]

To be honest, I’m still trying to sort out all the emotions I’m having about the whole thing: a lot of loss and regret, tempered with the wistful, glassy-eyed memories I have of our past together, as well as quite a bit of hope and excitement for what the future may bring. You know, a million acts form and disband every day. It’s nothing special. However, each band tells its own story. The Accursed was my first time even venturing into music, and it was a seven year trip which I’ll always treasure.
Being a writer, I never thought in a million years that I’d actually be PLAYING the music I so lovingly covered in my journalistic endeavors; yet with The Accursed I was lucky enough to be able to do just that: the write, record, and release art to the world, and to perform for people all over the country while doing so. I never took it for granted, and was consistently amazed that I had this experience I could share with not only my band mates and I, but someday to my children, as well.
It has been seven years of memories I will never forget, alongside five of the best men I’ve ever known, our ex-guitarist Chris Fitzgerald most definitely and humbly included.
I guess all that remains left to do is to thank those five men—Jonathan, Chris, Tim, Loki, and Fitzgerald—as well as YOU, for sticking around all this time. Here’s hoping to swing my bass in yer face sometime in the near future. Cheers.

[Timothy]

My decision to leave the band was not an easy one, but creatively I could not give The Accursed what they needed anymore. Quite simply, the name of the Accursed deserved more than I could give. Thank you to George, Chris, Jonathan, and Loki for sharing the stage for the last five years, to all the bands we shared the stage with, and mostly to all of the people who spent their money to buy music, shirts, or pay to come and see us play.

[From Loki]

Yes, I will be continuing the band. I will not play the whole catalogue of songs. I am not quite sure which but this is not a death of a band but a rebirth. I plan to carry on and make The Accursed darker like I had in mind at the beginning. Being a fan of other bands, I know that sometimes when they lose members and continue they are never quite as good, but my goal is not fall into that path but to try and make it better.
I am upset but I am a bit exited. Something needed to happen I guess, as drastic as it. I will announce more as it progresses; my first priority is to fill the drum slot and take it from there. I have a busy next couple of months hopefully everything will be back to the normal real soon. Good luck with everything and see ya all later.

[Collectively]

I guess all that remains left to do is to send out a collective CHEERS to our friends and family, and to Tim Koukos and Screaming Ferret Wreckords for giving people all over the world the chance to hear our music, all those other killer acts we've been fortunate enough to share stages with, anyone who ever gave us a place to stay, said a kind word about our set, or dropped their hard-earned money for our music and merchandise. You made it possible for all of us to live our dreams, if only for a brief moment in time.

Cheers

Jonathan, Chris, Metal George, Timothy, and Loki
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

The Accursed

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Jun 5,2008 2:25pm
wow, guys. You certainly left a metallic impression on MY brain.

HAILS and DEVIL HORNS!

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Jun 5,2008 2:31pm
If you ask me your regular line up can not be replaced and it is crazy to even think so. Sad for me becaue I always liked this band from day one. Good guys, good music. I wish you all the best but IMO as a fan I think it should be the end.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Jun 5,2008 2:34pm
Can there be an Again Without Feeling reunion?

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Jun 5,2008 2:40pm
aaron_michael said[orig][quote]

hah!

toggletoggle post by theaccursedvokillist  at Jun 5,2008 2:45pm

Double HA!

toggletoggle post by theaccursedvokillist  at Jun 5,2008 2:46pm

Wait...are you serious?

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Jun 5,2008 2:49pm
I think he is.

toggletoggle post by theaccursedvokillist  at Jun 5,2008 3:07pm
haha I doubt it, the old singer and guitar player dont play music anymore.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Jun 5,2008 3:08pm
theaccursedvokillist said[orig][quote]

Wait...are you serious?

Well, I'm not saying I wouldn't go if there actually was one. Reflections was my weekend hang out when I was wicked young. Needless to say, I saw AWF a bunch.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 5,2008 3:14pm
that sucks, i liked you guys. Seasons of the Scythe is a good album.

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 5,2008 3:18pm
sad news, is anyone looking to join or start another band?
i have a quick project in mind, and a makeshift studio which will be good for a demo.

toggletoggle post by theaccursedvokillist  at Jun 5,2008 3:23pm
aril said[orig][quote]
i have a quick project in mind, and a makeshift studio which will be good for a demo.

I'm not sure what everyone else is doing yet,

I know Chris is still in Smite the Righteous.
and Loki will continue The Accursed and he also has Zerogodz.

Thats about it, that I know of.
Eventually I will be looking for another band, and I'm sure the other guys will be too.

toggletoggle post by Phillip  at Jun 5,2008 3:25pm

Wait...are you serious?

Well, I'm not saying I wouldn't go if there actually was one. Reflections was my weekend hang out when I was wicked young. Needless to say, I saw AWF a bunch.
Reflections was the greatest
if it wasnt for that place I dont know what I would have done high school, and I doubt my musical tastes would be the same

and totally bummed on this

toggletoggle post by karnivean  at Jun 5,2008 3:25pm
awful news! i hope the best to all of you guys! we regret cancelling the may 30th show even more now. kill people

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 5,2008 3:27pm
ahahahahaha zerogodz

GTFO

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 5,2008 3:29pm
i'd ask george but i don't think he likes me..

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jun 5,2008 4:05pm
I'm bummed there won't be a final show. Suck.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 5,2008 4:10pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
Wait, did that CD even come out? I don't think I got anything more than 1203912839012 scratched CDrs

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jun 5,2008 4:16pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]
Wait, did that CD even come out? I don't think I got anything more than 1203912839012 scratched CDrs

Yeah, eventually. Blame George, he handled PR after me. I would have sent you one. Way to suck, George.

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Jun 5,2008 4:52pm
Phillip said[orig][quote]

Wait...are you serious?

Reflections was the greatest
if it wasnt for that place I dont know what I would have done high school, and I doubt my musical tastes would be the same

and totally bummed on this

I can totally say that place pretty much saved my life. I was totally heading down the wrong path as a teen and I found that place which set me straight. Not drug wise, but violence and running with the wrong crowd wise. I am sure I'd be in jail for murder by now if I did not smarten up and pend my time at shows there.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jun 5,2008 5:15pm
ahhhhh maaaaan. this sucks.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jun 5,2008 5:45pm
Good luck to Loki!

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Jun 5,2008 7:17pm
Good luck to all of you!

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jun 5,2008 7:21pm
I didn't read any of the reasons why you guys are done cuz frankly I could care less. But, hope you guys all continue doing what you enjoy.

toggletoggle post by SlyATNFAC   at Jun 5,2008 7:24pm
good luck guys!!!

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Jun 5,2008 8:03pm

No.

I'll be doing STR and playing in a pair of bands with a gaggle of faggots who troll this very board, one being The Death Perception (guest starring everyone on earth apparently) and one other band that is still undecided as of yet, we'll see if I can cut it.

One of these days I'll do some new shit with Jon, and any of the other dudes in The Accursed, we'll see.

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Jun 5,2008 8:05pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]

I'll send you one, I'm getting a bunch from the merch pile before I walk.

toggletoggle post by metalgeorge   at Jun 6,2008 11:22am

TRIPLE ha!

toggletoggle post by metalgeorge   at Jun 6,2008 11:24am
aril said[orig][quote]

Yeah; working on new ideas. Nothing solid or in the can, yet.

And yes, Pam, I couldn't hold a candle to your Public Relations abilities. :-)

Thanks for the kind words.

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 6,2008 11:29am
Well, let me know.
I'm always up for recording something.. even experimental stuff.

toggletoggle post by divine intervention at Jun 7,2008 2:01am
Oh, that's too bad. They suck anyway

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jun 7,2008 9:12am
divine%20intervention said[orig][quote]
Oh, that's too bad. They suck anyway

Not everyone can be as AWESOME and ORIGINAL and RELEVANT as the mighty Candy Striper Death Orgy.

Homo.

toggletoggle post by Benfo at Jun 11,2008 3:01pm
Damn shame.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jun 13,2008 8:52pm
again without feeling? wow holy moly. haven't heard that name in a long long time.

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Jun 13,2008 9:46pm
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]
again without feeling? wow holy moly. haven't heard that name in a long long time.

Fuck, I thought I'd never have to hear it again. Just my luck, one band breaks up and someone brings up an even older one. How about rubbing the Polaris breakup in my face too, you fuckers.

Just kidding. At least I'm keeping somewhat busy after the dual-band bed-shit.

STR hits the studio in July with madman Eliot Bayless behind the controls, expect our CD soon.

Me and most of the Composted/TYAG dudes have a project on the back burner called The Death Perception, which is basically me hurling profanities and writing catchy tunes like "How to Speak to a Fascist Cunt (If You Must)" and "Life Ain't All Hugs and Flowers". It'll be chock full o' guests, samples and other random bullshit to hide the fact that just about everything on it sucks, especially me. Eat a bag of dicks.

Oh, and I'm trying out on bass for some bunch of child-molesters who pee in each other's butts at practice. Let's hope I get in so I can bring them the healing power of Jesus, my Mexican lawn service guy. He makes a mean steak burrito with extra guacamole. Montezuma will have his revenge.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jun 14,2008 12:03pm
Chris Helme for president!

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Jun 14,2008 1:05pm
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said[orig][quote]
Chris Helme for president!

Only with an all RTTP cabinet my friend.
I'll need NIGGER to run as my vice, so that way no bitch-ass crackers will ever shoot me.
MSD, you're Secretary of all things Perverse.
Mark Richards will hold down the position of Secretary of "Running for the Border" and then closing it off to those people.
Rich Horror: Secretary of Booty Raping Emo fags with broken bottles and various pastries.
Dave Maggot: Secretary of holding said fags down and hitting them with twizzlers when they wince.
Eliot for Secretary of da noise and da funk.
The Rev will be Secretary of Sneaking upskirt Photos at presidential press conferences.

This post is going nowhere fast.

Never mind.

toggletoggle post by Savagone at Jun 16,2008 12:32am
did that movie featuring the Accursed ever come out?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 16,2008 12:51am
Eliot sucks.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Incipit Hysteric Fire
[default homepage] [print][1:15:26pm Apr 16,2024
load time 0.01991 secs/19 queries]
[search][refresh page]