New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Opeth - Watershed by Conservationist on Jun 5,2008 10:27am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jun 5,2008 10:27am

More pretend progressive rock for people who forget what happened in a song two minutes ago. Expect random changes between death metal and acoustic or other "light" parts, in a technique ripped from Linkin Park, and lots of guitar noodling that doesn't quite make it out of standard blues/rock harmony but sounds like it might. If you like this album, you are touching yourself right now and imagining it is gay Jesus returning to bring justice, peace and multiculturalism to all of us, especially the retarded children. Think of the children.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 5,2008 10:30am
Opeth and Linkin Park are one in the same. duh.

toggletoggle post by mikeofdecrepitude at Jun 5,2008 11:07am
Opeth is sick.

toggletoggle post by cav nli at Jun 5,2008 11:44am
"Expect random changes between death metal and acoustic or other "light" parts, in a technique ripped from Linkin Park"

hmmm

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jun 5,2008 2:05pm
I'm sure your constant bitching about this band will cause the die hard fans to stop listening to one of their favorite bands. Do you need a box of tissues or something?

toggletoggle post by stevensguitarworld at Jun 5,2008 3:15pm
opeth is not deep, their not avant garde, their not original. They are a complete rip off of bands like ved buens ende, cynic, and many otheres that predate this bands boring wanking on the guitars. Okay they all have talent and skill and practice very hard, but, theres no atmosphere and it lacks real soul and I am not talking about blues soul, I mean presence. I used to have a few of their albums until I saw them live a few years back and the vocalist said opeth was just hoping on the death metal trend, I said what the fuck. Not to mention they rip off some really good bands who did it all first and better with real soul and atmosphere. Check out ved buens ende or cynic you may see what I mean.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 5,2008 3:16pm
well, thats it, i'm going to burn all of my Opeth cds in a raging pyre. you sir are the omnipotent voice of all musical talent.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jun 5,2008 4:28pm
Opeth are weak as progressive music, and weak as death metal.

Go get yisself some ATHEIST and GORGUTS and restore your manhood.

Note: if you listen to Opeth while using a Mac, you will start to crave the sensation of having your musky anus punctured by emos. BEWARE

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 5,2008 4:31pm
ved buens ende is indeed awesome.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jun 5,2008 4:35pm
Conservationist said[orig][quote]

Note: if you listen to Opeth while using a Mac, you will start to crave the sensation of having your musky anus punctured by emos. BEWARE

oh no i'm craving the sensation of having my musky anus punctured by emos!

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 5,2008 4:36pm
the thing that initially turned me on to opeth (early albums of course) was the acoustic guitar work. I love acoustic guitar, especially when they're harmonizing. I prefer orchid and morningrise to any of their other releases. I just don't really feel that "atmosphere" anymore.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jun 5,2008 5:08pm
xanonymousx said[orig][quote]
oh no i'm craving the sensation of having my musky anus punctured by emos!

PM sent.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jun 5,2008 5:48pm
no atmosphere? have you actually spun all of their albums all the way through?

toggletoggle post by Neverpurified nli at Jun 5,2008 6:50pm
i think aril was referring to the fact that the newer material doesnt sound anything like orchid or morningrise. but mikael akerfeldt intentionally changed their sound because everyone was doing the whole "twin-guitar" thing and he couldnt stand it

toggletoggle post by ArilliusBM  at Jun 5,2008 7:47pm
it's a different kind of feel and atmosphere. if i was to like one of their new albums like their old ones, i'd have to go with BWPark.
I think they just lost that "feel" they had.
I don't despise them though. I really like their first 2 albums.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 5,2008 8:11pm
stevensguitarworld said[orig][quote]
opeth is not deep, their not avant garde, their not original. They are a complete rip off of bands like ved buens ende, cynic, and many otheres that predate this bands boring wanking on the guitars. Okay they all have talent and skill and practice very hard, but, theres no atmosphere and it lacks real soul and I am not talking about blues soul, I mean presence. I used to have a few of their albums until I saw them live a few years back and the vocalist said opeth was just hoping on the death metal trend, I said what the fuck. Not to mention they rip off some really good bands who did it all first and better with real soul and atmosphere. Check out ved buens ende or cynic you may see what I mean.

"you're spelling and comprendhention of the Inglish lankuage is eeven wurse."

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 5,2008 8:13pm
It's "they're" not "avant garde".....retard.

toggletoggle post by metalguy at Jun 6,2008 9:03am
Opeth is one of those bands that is actually getting better as they go... They had some great ideas in their earlier years and they have never looked back, and that is always a plus!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 6,2008 10:30am
Conservationist said[orig][quote]

right, because Gorguts and Opeth have so much in common.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jun 6,2008 11:49am
GORGUTS is progdeath, OPETH is progdeath. Difference is that GORGUTS is not faggotry.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 6,2008 12:44pm
oh yeah. silly me.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jun 6,2008 1:25pm
Clearly they have inserted memories into your subconscious mind making you think you like Opeth, because I do not believe you are a Macintosh-using NAMBLA member.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 6,2008 1:28pm
no, but i do enjoy having my musky anus punctured by emos.

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 6,2008 1:30pm
ah ha. now the truth comes out about your ability to shit "Pringles Cans"

In a relative manner, did you happen to say that to pay homage to the man who invted the Pringle's Can? He died this week. Useless FACT #18092.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 6,2008 1:39pm
opeth and cynic sound EXACTLY alike. also, frank zappa sounds just like ace of base. the beatles stole all their ideas from fall out boy, and elvis was just a poor man's mc hammer.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 6,2008 3:18pm
aril said[orig][quote]
ah ha. now the truth comes out about your ability to shit "Pringles Cans"

In a relative manner, did you happen to say that to pay homage to the man who invted the Pringle's Can? He died this week. Useless FACT #18092.

haha no i had no idea. he revolutionized potato chip safety. RIP.

toggletoggle post by aril at Jun 6,2008 3:20pm
except for that retarded scene in Clerks. so stupid.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jun 12,2008 11:21pm
aril said[orig][quote]
except for that retarded scene in Clerks. so stupid.

"Sometimes you have to let the chips at the bottom go."

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Jun 13,2008 1:00am
These "i dont like X band, so everyone else should feel the same or I insult them threads" REALLY get old after a while!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jun 13,2008 1:03am
Conservationist has got me on the biggest Opeth kick now, it's not even funny. I'm not even really a big fan - everyone seems to either really hate or massively worship this band, whereas I just kinda enjoy them when I hear them until I get sick of them - but now I feel like I have to shoot raw, uncut Opeth into my veins. I BLAME YOU, GOOD SIR.

toggletoggle post by MikeofDecrepitude at Jun 13,2008 7:59am edited Jun 13,2008 8:01am
A lot of older Opeth fans abandoned them as their fan-base started to grow significantly. I've been listening to them since M.A.Y.H. and I still think they produce quality music. It's obvious that Orchid and [insert post Morningrise album] sound nothing alike; yet you can tell they were written by the same band. Each new record is a variation on a continuous theme.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 13,2008 10:36am
i could care less what anyone thinks, or how they have changed. Opeth are untouchable gods, and will always remain.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jun 13,2008 10:59am
DestroyYouAlot said[orig][quote]
now I feel like I have to shoot raw, uncut Opeth into my veins.

The first one's always free.

Then you want more Opeth. And soon you want the only thing that can remind you of Opeth... whether it's the muddy chlorine taste of Chuck Schuldiner's prostate, or simply twelve guys of different ethnic mixes pounding hammerlike dongs into your overstretched anus.

Opeth: it's a crime against our children. And an insult to gay people everywhere.

;)

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jun 13,2008 12:00pm
FWIW I fully back you on the Mac thing. I'm fully convinced Macs were created when low-T-cell-count monkeys from Africa fucked a PC.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][2:56:36pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.04640 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]