New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH MY BASS!!!!!!!!!!!! by Kalopsia on Feb 1,2004 1:57am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 1,2004 1:57am
if any of you remember my thread about my new Spector bass but it wasn't working right and made the speakers distort. well Spector sent me a new preamp for the bass, i had my guitar tech install it, and guess what, NO DIFFERENCE!!!!!!! every Spector the store has is doing the same thing!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!! it's one thing to get a bad batch of basses but then a bad replacement preamp too? i can't figure out what it is. i've tried it on several different SWR's, including a 750x head, my 550x head, Goliath 3 and Goliath Junior Cabinets, an SWR workingman's 15" combo, and this old Peavey amp i use at my rehearsal space. same problem with every one. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Feb 1,2004 2:55am
So basically every Spector bass is doing this on every amp available? Sounds like Spector's making really shitty basses. Have you tried them at any different stores?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 1,2004 3:09am
user error?
or wei blink : 1D 10T Error?

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Feb 1,2004 4:16am
this might sound dumb, but does it have active pickups? if so, they take batteries, and when the batteries get low, it distorts the sound. the only other thing i can think of is that it has REALLY high output pickups. if you haven't already, turn the pre-gain way down,flatten the EQ's and turn the post gain to a normal level, then take it from there to get the sound you want. i didn't see your other post, so sorry if that's already been mentioned.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 1,2004 5:07am
i response to the title..sorry mike...i have no idea..sux

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 1,2004 9:42am
yea i have the Euro series, and they come with active EMG pickups, which do have a very high output. first off, i did change the battery. no dice. no matter what i did with the eq, nothing changed. i had the gain on the amps completely off, the eq on the bass all the way down, yet it didn't change. what's really wierd is that i get the speaker's to fart when plugged straight into the Active input on my amp, but if i plug into Passive/Active (which is 10 db louder) i get no farting, but i still clip the gain LED light with the gain all the way down. and if i turn on my sansamp, forget it, immediate distortion. it doesn't make sense that EMG would make a pickup so hot that most SWR amps can't handle it. i have to be missing something. i gotta show this to my boss, he's an electronics whiz.

oh and deodium, spector makes amazing basses. shit Alex Webster recently bought 2!!! same series that i have. they are extremely well made, play a shitload better than my schecter, it's just the electronics that's messed up.

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Feb 1,2004 10:19am
Spectors are nice bass's, except for there under $500 models. I was checking them out festerday at GC and the necks felt like shitz. But that $800 bass was real nice made me think about using my GC credit card.

Did you try a differant cable??????

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Feb 1,2004 11:51am
well sir, that sounds entirely shitty. i'm sorry to hear that. and no, i don't think the pickups would be quite that hot. i have active EMG's in one of my guitars, and although it's a good deal hotter than my other guitars, i've never had a problem quite like that. hope you getit worked out.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 1,2004 2:36pm
moral of the story: Buy anything but Spector

toggletoggle post by hektik  at Feb 1,2004 5:26pm
I own a spector NS2000 neckthru, never had any problems other than trying to find the right tone for my amp. Overall, the bass kicks ass, 1000 dollars well spent on a 1400 dollar bass.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 1,2004 11:43pm
i spent under $900 on my $1,400 bass, retail at $2,000 . i talked to the bass expert in my store today and he says i should get the new Aguilar Preamp. and everything will be fine. because Spector doesn't use an EMG preamp, they use their own preamp, so i guess they're not that great. i'm gonna check this out with my boss first, and see what he thinks the problem is. if it's the preamp, i'll get a new one.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Feb 2,2004 12:13am
You may have a bad player....replace the player and give it a shot again. That should do the trick.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 2,2004 2:04am
that was a good one hoser. i like that.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][11:45:51am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.00960 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]