New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Sprint Mogul by HTC by GodlessRob on May 1,2008 1:15pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 1,2008 1:15pm
I am looking into this phone/PDA, whatever you call it. Anyone know anything and/or have any experience with it?
Please before anyone says, get this phone or this one from (insert cell phone provider here) I have Sprint/Nextel now with 6 phones on the plan and it would cost me a small fortune to switch, plus I am actually happy with Sprint.
I've read some good reviews on it, and I've heard that there is a ton of stuff you can do with it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 1:16pm
repost.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 1:17pm
BTW, I have this phone. I love it sort of. when it works, it's the greatest. when it doesn't, it's the worst.

toggletoggle post by blue  at May 1,2008 1:20pm
how many tewbs duz it haev lulz

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 1:24pm
I love all the apps you can load on it, full keyboard, my email being on it, etc...

What I hate is that my phone key doesn't work, my P either doesn't work OR it prints out PPP. Same with my O and the func-key. Also, it only has 64MB of RAM so if you load up a couple programs it is dog slow. I wish that sprint would get the tilt since that has 128RAM is is awesome/fast. the only 128MB on sprint is the Touch which doesn't have a full keyboard.

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 1,2008 1:24pm
Repost? Sorry Rev probably should've done a search. What doesn't work about it, or what are the things I should look for.
Blue... from what I've read it has 4 -el34's and 2-12ax7's

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 1,2008 1:27pm
Yea I used a touch for an afternoon and I didn't like it that much. All the stuff that doesn't work is it under warranty? I have the Sprint service plan so when anything goes wrong I just walk into the Randolph store hand then the phone tell them it's fucked and I get a new phone on the spot.

toggletoggle post by blue  at May 1,2008 1:31pm
dude fuck that thing...only 2 12ax7s? Not nearly enough gain.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 1:34pm
here is a review of the tilt which is only on AT&T now

bennyhillifier

I would suggest that you wait for a 128MB PDA from sprint. I'm hoping that sprint the tilt... granted I'm returning my Mogul for a new one one of these days. I have to just get to a store where they speak english.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 1:36pm
here is the review for the Mogul

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 1:41pm
with the Sprint $7/mo thing, you have to pay $50 to get it replaced. under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty, it's free. you just have to go to a sprint store and show the defective product. I got the phone in july and these things have been f'd up since day one. And I said I want to go to a place that speaks english. that takes randolph out of the picture.

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 1,2008 2:05pm
Thanks for the info Rev.
I have the service and replacement plan, it costs me $3 per phone a month and I have had some expensive phones. I have the ic902 now which I've replaced twice and before that I had the i930 which was a windows mobile phone. That thing was a piece of shit, I replaced it 6 times! That sux that the phone has been fucked since day one. I guess I'll try and be patient and wait for the Tilt.
Are there plans for it to be released on Sprint?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 2:10pm
I tried looking around and didn't see it listed anywhere. the mogul, touch, and tilt are getting winmo 6.1 in june too. can't wait

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 1,2008 2:24pm
I am going to my sprint guy today and I am going to borrow a mogul for the night and see how I like it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 2:42pm
cool, I look forward to your review of it. I'm going to go today to the store after work and get a new one. I hope.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 6:27pm
went to the big store in lawrence and they said I had too go to nashua, on my way to nashua.

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 1,2008 8:38pm
This thing may have more stuff in it then I will ever need, atleast I can post on here with it! HAHA!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 8:42pm
took me an hour, but they gave me a new one. all the keys work. yeah!

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 1,2008 8:44pm
So far all the doohickeys work and the touch screen is cool. I used to have a Samsung I700 and it reminds me of that. Actually I still have that phone somwhere I should put it on ebay.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 8:45pm
cab you play videos from http://www.youtube.com ? carina can on her Q, but I can't

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 1,2008 8:54pm
No. Is there some kind of plug-in I need? If so I will wait for the one I buy instead of screwing up the stores demo.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 10:15pm
it "should" just open to windows play, but doesn't. I just finally got my phone's ROM back on in. so nice.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHeadNLI at May 1,2008 11:23pm
mogul is crap. the screen size and layout make one think it's aimed at being a multimedia device until you look inside and see the whopping 64 of memory.

The only advantage I see to the mogul is the larger screen and wm 6. however, that little memory just doesn't cut it, as palm discovered quickly with the 700w.

if you're looking for a new phone on sprint, as I already told you, you're only a few months off from the release of all the next gen phones. replacements for the treo, mogul, and possibly the touch should all be available by august. buying a 2 year old device now is just a bad move.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 11:39pm
the touch came out a couple months ago and the mogul isn't even 10 months old. how is that 2 years old? the treo 800 is coming, but other than that they are aimed at the UMPC market. the tilt is the "new" mogul imho. im going to guess that they are going to come out with a 128 RAM mogul for winmo 6.1 (since they are already running 6.0). that is basically all that the mogul really needs. other than that, the treo only blows it out of the water with on feature, on handed keyboard (i had a treo before the mogul for 2+ years).

toggletoggle post by ArrowHeadNLI at May 1,2008 11:46pm
The mogul is the sprint version. That particular HTC phone has been around a lot longer than 10 months. I believe it's called the tytan, but I could be wrong on the name. However, that design is 2 years old.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't lie to you:

The samsung Instinct is slated to hit sprint sometime as early as June.
The HTC Raphael is slated to replace the Mogul later this year
The HTC Diamond is slated to replace the Touch and it's Touch-flo technology.

Since you're a stubborn fucker and still won't believe me, here's some pictures:

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 1,2008 11:54pm
the 6800 base that this phone is off of is under a year old. the 6700 is now 3 years old. all the 6800's came out at basically the same time. and guess what, when the raphael comes out.. oops, a key broke on my mogul and sprint gives me a raphael. just like rob would do. what is so hard about that?

toggletoggle post by ArrowHeadNLI at May 2,2008 12:24am
See? This is the part where you're a stubborn fucker.

Before an upgrade, they pull previous models and keep some in stock. It'll be 8 months or more before you can get a free upgrade off your insurance. Otherwise you'll be getting another mogul. Worse, they'll start trying to pawn you refurbs.

Basically, signing a new contract gives you a lot of leverage with sprint. If you jump on a craptacular treo or mogul now you may screw yourself out of a free Instinct in 2 months. Why risk it?

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 2,2008 7:35am
That Raphael looks really sleek and Bad-ass. I'd like to see what the Diamond looks like.
Pete, Rev, Let me just tell you guys that I probably would never use this phone to it's fullest potential. I just want to check my emails and come here and read the goofy shit going on. I did that last night, and didn't see any significant slow down. Yes I went on the internet through sprint and also through the WIFI in my house.

The guy I deal with in West Bridgewater let's me try shit out, even does home delivery! Example: My daughter wanted a new phone for her birthday in February, but we didn't qualify for the $150 credit so as of last night she was eligible. I called him up, I said Dave I need a green Rumor he said well I'm leaving but I will drop one of at your house on my way home. I then said I want to try out the Mogul he said ok got a store demo I'll bring that along too.
I've been dealing with him for 3 years now and more to the point I just wanted to get this thing to see if I even like the smart phone/PDA thing. Fortunately for me if I do get this phone and either the Raph or the Diamond become availible I will be able to trade the phone in for what I paid for it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 2,2008 8:09am
I read "dealing" as "dating". whoops.
and @ pete, if you look, I told him to wait too. but I said for the tilt cause of the memory. why the hell they won't toss 1GB in here with 256 running ram and a 600mhz processor I will never know.

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 2,2008 8:29am edited May 2,2008 8:30am
HAHA funny fucker!
Here are the specs for the Raph/Diamond:
Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Qualcomm MSM 7201A @ 528MHz
- 256MB ROM / 128MB RAM
- 7.2MB HSDPA / HSUPA (rev A EVDO for Sprint versions)
- 2.8" VGA screen
- WiFi
- Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
- eGPS
- 3.1MP Camera with flash
- Forward facing camera
- 4GB internal flash storage (Diamond only) - Samsung MoviNAND
- TV out (Raphael only)
- Orientation sensor (a-la-iPhone)
- FM Radio
- microSD expansion
- 900mAh battery (!!!)
- Diamond: 51x99x10.7mm
- Raphael: 51x99x17mm

Sounds Like I might wait. HTC is having a product announcement on May 6 should give us more specs and release dates for the 2 plus I have been reading that there is also another, code name the Titanium. We'll see.
I'm an impatient fucker though.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 2,2008 8:49am
900mah? wtf.. I have a 1500 and a spare 2100 for my phone and the 2100 isn't enough. I was told that when you ROM the phone with winmo 6.1, it increases the battery life by 33%

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 2,2008 8:53am
That's were they get you. I paid close to $400 for my IC902 and it came with the crap battery but for another $80 I can get the extended life battery and the cover. GTFO....

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 2,2008 8:55am
you could have ebayed and gotten it for like $20. that's what I did with my phone.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 2,2008 9:09am
my original wince device in 1999/2000 cost me $700. it was a 200mhz with 32mb. then a year later got the ipaq 6735 for free. that was 64mb. I played so much NES on it.

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at May 2,2008 10:22am

I still have this thing. Never played any games on it other than solitaire

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 2,2008 10:28am
my brother has the newest version of that I think. he hates it.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][9:31:32am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02883 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]