New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Hard Work Down the Shitter Once Again - UnAppreciation Thread by xmikex on Apr 30,2008 9:24am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 30,2008 9:24am
I've been working on my final project for one of my masters classes for the last couple weeks. It's due today. I had to organize a weekend tour in the middle of it all, and called in sick yesterday so I could spend from 9am to 9pm working on it in the editing suite. I took my finished project home, and spent till 1 am converting it to Quicktime, then to MP4, then uploading it to the course's digital dropbox, and FTP-ing it to the professor's site. I goto work all relieved this morning thinking that I'm finally done, and that I should be proud of myself for my hard work.

I open up my e-mail, and find an e-mail sent at 8:10 this morning (the projects were supposed to be uploaded by 10:00 AM) saying that he won't have time to download the files, and that we need to have them on a DVD for class tonight. Class is at 6. I'm at work until 4:30. And there's no guarantee that there will even be an editing station available for me to get this done.

In the words of Razor Ramon "Drop outta school, Chico."

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 30,2008 9:32am
Please feel free to share your hard work down the shitter stories.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 30,2008 9:46am
I've worked on sooo many awesome things for work. then no one ever uses them.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Apr 30,2008 10:12am
I had a final project due for a C++/Matlab programming class a few weeks back. Two days before it was due, I was working in Parallels on my Mac and was nearing completion. Suddenly, Parallels crashes and corrupts the virtual hard drive with all of my project on it. I stayed up till 5 AM trying to make the hard drive work or at least get the files I wanted off it. I gave up and deleted Parallels and the hard drive and had to do the whole project over again in the computer labs at school.

toggletoggle post by brad weymouth at Apr 30,2008 10:47am
sounds like you need to send your teacher 2 girls 1 cup for pulling that shit on you at the last hour

toggletoggle post by nick327 at Apr 30,2008 11:33am
I have a boss with untreated ADHD. He constantly has us do all these big complicated projects for ideas he has, and when they're finished he decides he doesn't care about doing them anymore. Then there's the meetings that take two hours to repeat a point that was made in the first 5 minutes.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 30,2008 11:36am
nick327 said[orig][quote]
Then there's the meetings that take two hours to repeat a point that was made in the first 5 minutes.

haha o rly, you were at that meeting too?

toggletoggle post by nick327 at Apr 30,2008 11:38am
yeah I assume it's standard practice in the business world

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 30,2008 11:38am
i don't want to relive my horrible memories of hard work down the shitter. all i can say is, sorry to hear it. i've been there many times and it sucks.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Vascular Caustic Flatulator
[default homepage] [print][2:03:39pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01722 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]