New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Ihsahn to release new album May 27th by Pires on Mar 6,2008 2:53pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Pires at Mar 6,2008 2:53pm
Mnemosyne Productions/Candlelight Records has set a May 27 North American release date for the new solo album from former EMPEROR vocalist/guitarist Ihsahn, entitled "angL".

OPETH frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt has recorded a guest appearance on the track "Unhealer" while Asgeir Mickelson and Lars Norberg (both of SPIRAL ARCHITECT) were responsible for laying down the drum and bass tracks on the CD, respectively.

Commented Ihsahn: "[Mikael and I] been talking about doing something for a while and I'm really happy it finally came together. Needless to say, Mikael's performance is nothing short of amazing!

"Asgeir and Lars have delivered a rock-solid foundation for the whole album. Pounding blast-beats to slow fretless passages are all performed with great precision."

Ihsahn previously described the musical direction of the new CD as "a natural progression from 'The Adversary' [2006], but with a somewhat heavier touch."

"The Adversary" entered the Norwegian album chart at position No. 33 upon its release in 2006. The CD was written and recorded over a one-year period at Symphonique Studios in Norway and features a guest appearance by Garm from ULVER on one song. All music and lyrics for "The Adversary" were written and performed by Ihsahn with exception of drums, which were played by Asgeir Mickelson (BORKNAGAR, SPIRAL ARCHITECT).

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Mar 6,2008 2:56pm
sweeeeeeet

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 6,2008 2:57pm
This could rule.

toggletoggle post by Y_Ddraig_Goch  at Mar 6,2008 3:06pm
I is better

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 6,2008 3:33pm
possible album of the year and i haven't heard it yet.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][7:01:18pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.00820 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]