New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Why do so many bands sample "Prophecy" and "Boondock Saints"??? by MarkFuckingRichards on Jan 20,2004 4:52pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jan 20,2004 4:52pm
i've listened to like 20 cd's today and all but maybe 3 or 4 of them have a sample, or sampleS for that matter, from the movies the prophecy and boondock saints...can't they pick any other movies with cool unused shit? jesus christ.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 20,2004 4:57pm
Hmmm... this thread rings a bell, hasn't it already been created?

toggletoggle post by Wee...Bink!  at Jan 20,2004 4:58pm
i thought so too

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 20,2004 5:00pm edited Jan 20,2004 5:00pm
I just searched a couple times but I can't find anything. It really does ring a bell though.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jan 20,2004 5:04pm
http://returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=3688#33132

There it is, although I could have sworn that there was a thread completely devoted to it, rather than the two posts on this one.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jan 20,2004 5:06pm
i'm not surprised there's another one, but i'm bored and felt the need to vent this issue, hah

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 21,2004 2:34am
maybe they could quote taxi driver or something.
oh wait.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 21,2004 2:56pm
callenish circle and children of bodom use the same american psycho sample on their new records. my favorite sample right now is from cannibal ox's album the cold vein (hip hop duo that split up a couple months ago). they use some lines from the climax scene in true romance, and pitchshift them down a little. it sounds good with their beats.

toggletoggle post by George   at Jan 21,2004 3:26pm
i like the jacobs ladder sample on the as the sun sets cd

toggletoggle post by George   at Jan 21,2004 3:27pm
OH and the mastadon sample on lifesblood. i have no idea where its from, but the guy is fucking flipping out, its awesome

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jan 21,2004 3:46pm
sometimes i like when bands just use the most random samples...one sample that is hilarious but just makes no sense at all is from the weird al movie "UHF." i forget who used it, i know i have the cd somewhere...but it's this guy that owns a car dealership doing a commercial: "IF YOU DON'T COME DOWN AND BUY MY CARS...I'LL CLUB THIS BABY SEAL! HELP THIS BABY SEAL AND BUY MY CARS!!! CUZ III'M CRRRAAAAZY EDDIIIEEE!!!!!"

toggletoggle post by nick   at Jan 21,2004 4:27pm
hamartia and bleeding through use(d) the same boondock saints quote, i thought that was pretty funny.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][10:12:55am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01759 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]