New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> 2 Things in sports that are pissing me off today by xmikex on Mar 3,2008 12:09pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 3,2008 12:09pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3273421

Hank Steinbrenner pops off about the Red Sox, and John Henry. John Henry responds by offering Stein an honorary membership in Red Sox Nation in an attempt to lighten the situation, and get people laughing. Steinbrenner responds by basically wiping his ass with it. What a classless pile of shit, and the epitome of a New York sports fan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3273447

ESPN came up with this story (although there doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence to back it up) that Randy Moss, and Daunte Culpepper might be talking about teaming up, and signing with the same team via free agency. I don't know who this makes sense to. Culpepper has been a complete disaster since he rushed his recovery from his knee injury. He had a 1:1 TD/INT ratio last year in Oakland. He's falling apart at the seems, and I don't see too many teams that would be willing to invest in him as their starting QB. Maybe the Falcons would pick him up, but they seem like they're ready to draft a QB rather than go with an inconsistent veteran. Parcells would know way better than to pick him up in Miami (where he already fell apart once). MAYBE Baltimore, but then again a swap from McNair to Culpepper is more or less a lateral move.

I know Randy Moss is a weird guy in a lot of ways. But who walks away from Tom Brady for Daunte Culpepper. I smell BS.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 3,2008 12:19pm
the yanks and sox thing doesn't bother me. hank said his family loves john henry and that they love the rivalry and may collaborate on non-baseball business in the future.

that moss/culpepper thing is retarded. no way randy moss leaves the pats unless he goes to a team with a comparable qb, like indy, who doesn't need him and wouldn't pay him more than the pats eventually will.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 3,2008 12:21pm
the thing that pisses me off in sports right now is that no one in nhl circles is giving tim thomas any vezina or hart trophy consideration. i know the bruins have a good defensive system in place, but tim tom's play this year is what really has them in contention. i consider him the bruins mvp with chara a close second.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 3,2008 12:21pm
also, no one cares about hockey. :(

toggletoggle post by kadooganomics 101 at Mar 3,2008 12:22pm
They keep talking about Moss going to Green Bay to keep Favre from retiring. NFL Network is desperate for shit to talk about.

"Well Moss leads all time in receptions on the 34 yard line in the 2nd half of games in the first half of the season at home by an African American since the merger."

Shut yer faces and show me more sports bloopers and/or old Superbowls.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 3,2008 1:41pm
we need more earl weaver rants on these sports channels. i'd watch espn all day if the e stood for earl.

"go fuck yourself, the fuck with your show, coming up next on the baltimore orioles baseball fucking network!"

toggletoggle post by aril at Mar 3,2008 1:50pm
celts get cassell tonight. good stuff

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 3,2008 1:57pm
sam "the alien" cassell

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Mar 3,2008 2:19pm
Moss wouldn't go to Green Bay.

I had no idea Sam Cassell was a Celtic until today.

NHL sucks.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 3,2008 2:32pm
ConquerTheBaphomet said[orig][quote]

NHL sucks.
boo!

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 3,2008 3:29pm

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 3,2008 3:53pm
Posted: 25 minutes ago
Patriots, Moss reach agreement on three-year contract
By Adam Schefter | NFL.com

The Patriots and free agent wide receiver Randy Moss agreed to a three-year, $27 million contract on Monday, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

The two sides are reviewing the contract, which is expected to be signed today.

Moss, 30, was an unrestricted free agent after the Patriots elected not to designate the 10-year veteran as their franchise player.

In his first season with the Patriots in 2007, Moss set the NFL single-season record with 23 touchdown receptions, while catching 98 passes for 1,493 yards.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 3,2008 3:56pm
Why the fuck did they let asante samuel go? Fucking tards. He went to Philly. At least they retained psycho Larry Izzo.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 3,2008 6:08pm
SkinSandwich said[orig][quote]
Why the fuck did they let asante samuel go? Fucking tards. He went to Philly. At least they retained psycho Larry Izzo.

Asante Samuel was going one way or another. He's hands down the best corner in the league, and he deserves to get paid for it. I can't hate the guy. He was phenomenal for us for years.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 3,2008 6:20pm
i hate him for not intercepting that eli pass toward the end of the super bowl.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 3,2008 6:37pm
besides the 49ers 7th pick overall in the draft do we have anyone elses picks. i know we had to give up our 31st overall pick but anything else from another teams draft.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Mar 3,2008 7:24pm edited Mar 3,2008 7:25pm
Asante Samuel leaving hurts me the most.

I can't find a link that says he went anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found one.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Mar 3,2008 7:38pm
W3%20nli said[orig][quote]
besides the 49ers 7th pick overall in the draft do we have anyone elses picks. i know we had to give up our 31st overall pick but anything else from another teams draft.

we have oakland's 3rd round pick, i believe.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Mar 3,2008 7:40pm
samuel, gay, and stallworth are all gone. they're saying eugene wilson is next, and rosie got released.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Mar 3,2008 8:15pm
Stallworth wasn't a huge blow seeing as how he wasn't getting a ton of receptions.

Randall Gay leaving though SUCKS!

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 3,2008 8:47pm
ConquerTheBaphomet said[orig][quote]
Stallworth wasn't a huge blow seeing as how he wasn't getting a ton of receptions.

actually it was it was insurance for wes and randy to help them get open since it was another deepthreat.

next season is gonna be grim

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 3,2008 10:00pm
Out of all the mock drafts I've seen the Pats are lined up to pick either Vernon Gholston (one of the best defensive players in the draft, and a great OLB fit for the Pats 3-4), or one of two cornerbacks who could start in the NFL right away.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Mar 3,2008 10:09pm
Mike, where do you think Jake Long will end up? He's the most valued lineman in the draft.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 3,2008 10:30pm
I've heard of him going as early as #2 to St. Louis, and as low as #5 to Kansas City.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 3,2008 10:33pm
The draft that had him at #5 said Miami would take Matt Ryan at #1. For some reason I don't see that happening. As much as I hate the Dolphins I'm pretty interested to see what Parcells has planned. I don't feel like he's going to risk the #1 overall pick on a QB.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 3,2008 10:37pm
id be really surprised if he even took that runningback im pretty sure itll be OL or DL with the first pick

toggletoggle post by tyler nli at Mar 4,2008 12:52am
aside from the bruins getting humiliated, today is a great day for new england sports

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 4,2008 8:19am
id be really surprised if he even took that runningback im pretty sure itll be OL or DL with the first pick

Why draft a running back when the sole bright spot on your offense is Ronnie Brown?

I'd love to see the Dolphins blow their draft pick like they did last year, but it's pretty much laid out for them. They'd have to try really hard not to land a solid pick. Then again....

"And with the first pick in the 2008 draft, the Miami Dolphins select, from Yakima Washington Online College: Drew Bledsoe." And the failure begins.

toggletoggle post by corpus NLI at Mar 4,2008 8:36am
2 things piss me off in sports today.

the media -- sucks. how the fuck do guys make multi million dollars by sheer speculation? wtf? i get the connection with vegas and the odds makers etc, and i understand former players as tv personalities, but who the fuck is someone like john clayton? these guys are fucking ass clowns. they may as well be weather forcasters and they never shut the fuck up!

i love sports but these doods are ruining shit. maybe i should be so affected but fuck it!

AND a big fuck you to 'red sox nation' and the pink hat wearing fucking sluts who listen to the drop kick murphys and sap on bud lights 'dood.'
dont get me wrong, i love the sox--but i just hate the fucking culture that surrounds the team and has become the epitome of our city.

FUCK OFF!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 9:29am
tyler%20nli said[orig][quote]
aside from the bruins getting humiliated, today is a great day for new england sports
yeah, forget what i said about tim thomas for mvp and vezina consideration. he's my favorite bruin but they yanked him twice last night. the b's looked horrible last night, but i guess i can give them one horrible game considering the streak they were on.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 4,2008 9:33am

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 9:33am
the dolphins will probably take chris long or glenn dorsey, much safer picks at number 1 than a qb, plus they look like they'll be early contributors, expecially dorsey. i want to see matt ryan drop 2 number 3 and go to atlanta. i want to see my falcons recover from the vick/petrino crap.

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 4,2008 10:42am
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
yeah, forget what i said about tim thomas for mvp and vezina consideration. he's my favorite bruin but they yanked him twice last night. the b's looked horrible last night, but i guess i can give them one horrible game considering the streak they were on.

that was brutal. wtf was up with Chara.. that was the lamest hockey fight i've ever seen. dude's how big? I want to see blood.

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 4,2008 10:44am
well this sux ass

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23464140/

never got a ring... so sad

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 4,2008 10:55am
my bad they beat us like 10 years ago..

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 11:01am
ariavette said[orig][quote]

that was brutal. wtf was up with Chara.. that was the lamest hockey fight i've ever seen. dude's how big? I want to see blood.
i liked when he broke that dude's face from the blackhawks

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Mar 4,2008 11:17am
FINALLY!

Brett Favre retires today.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 4,2008 11:24am edited Mar 4,2008 11:26am
I remember when Brett Favre had a Vicodin addiction, haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by Mattkings at Mar 4,2008 11:25am
Losing Stallworth doesn't hurt, the Pats still have Chad Jackson if he doesn't get hurt for the 5th time in 2 years. If he stays healthy Jackson will be a beast.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 11:27am
i think they'll be ok without stallworth. moss and welker are good enough to take pressure off each other. they won't have seasons like this past one again without stallworth there, but they'll still be good.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Mar 4,2008 11:36am
I expected Stallworth to get signed but a 7 YEAR deal?!? Geez.

The Cleveland Browns are looking to become a contender for once.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 4,2008 11:38am
Pats will go 11-5 next season.

toggletoggle post by kadooganomics 101 at Mar 4,2008 11:51am
I've been a Favre fan since I was like 8 years old. At least he went out on an amazing season. We'll just pretend that last interception never happened.

toggletoggle post by ZenErik   at Mar 4,2008 11:58am
I vote 13-3.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Mar 4,2008 12:03pm
Patriots won't win less than 11-12 games.

toggletoggle post by aaron_neville at Mar 4,2008 12:42pm
well this sux ass

Favre has a ring...have we forgotten 1996? Packers beat the Pats that year

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 4,2008 12:48pm
The Pats schedule next season will be the second toughest in the league behind the Giants due to the Super Bowl. That is how the league does it. Many teams have the Pats figured out to an extent, so it will be tough. I think 11-5 is good, maybeeeeee 12-4. We'll see. Billy Chek will come up with new schemes so they will fair well, but not as good record wise this past season.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 12:50pm
aaron_neville said[orig][quote]
well this sux ass

Favre has a ring...have we forgotten 1996? Packers beat the Pats that year

shh drew who

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 4,2008 1:10pm
The Pats schedule next season will be the second toughest in the league behind the Giants due to the Super Bowl. That is how the league does it. Many teams have the Pats figured out to an extent, so it will be tough. I think 11-5 is good, maybeeeeee 12-4. We'll see. Billy Chek will come up with new schemes so they will fair well, but not as good record wise this past season.

They still have 6 games between the crappy Jets, the crappy Dolphins, and JP Losman trainwreck extravaganza

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 1:17pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
the crappy Jets extravaganza

yeah theyre spending money like Dan Snyder, so i dont know if theyre still gonna suck next season. if they actually get a decent QB theyre getting all the right pieces elsewhere.

i hear brett favre is available

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 1:23pm
the jets will still suck next year

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 1:54pm
the jets will still suck next year

PROVE IT !

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 2:20pm
ha, i can't. we'll have to watch the season unfold. i think the jets will be a better team next year, but not a playoff team.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 2:25pm
afc
pats
colts
jags
chargers
browns
steelers

nfc
cowboys
giants
lions
saints
cardinals
bucs

my picks

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Mar 4,2008 2:29pm
cardinals??!

GTFO

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 2:35pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
cardinals??!

GTFO

maybe the rams will take the west but the cards are better then the seahawks and 49ers

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Mar 4,2008 2:39pm
ya i suppose. i still hate the cardinals.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 4,2008 2:40pm
Lions???
The Cards? The only real good thing about the Cards is their stadium. They have a hide-a-field.
ha, they have gotten a little better, but won't win the division.

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Mar 4,2008 2:40pm edited Mar 4,2008 2:41pm
I love how retards are talking shit about one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game yes I am talking about Brett Favre, please don't tell me u put Brady up there with him. Most likely Brady cheats just like his team does and now that everyone knows he's a little bitch when he gets hit from now on the Pat's will not be beating teams so easily. Brady will never compare to FAVRE I guarentee it.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Mar 4,2008 2:42pm
brady > favre

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Mar 4,2008 2:44pm
I love Tom Brady but I agree with atthehaunted.

Let's just hope we don't go through another coordinator circus like we have been the past couple seasons.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 2:44pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
ya i suppose. i still hate the cardinals.

dood Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are for real.

plus i figured id get more shit for choosing the Lions over the Vikings but whatever the central will be wildcard teams anyways

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Mar 4,2008 2:45pm
The Lions were nasty in the beginning of the season last year but predictably blew it towards the end. The Vikings still suck.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 4,2008 2:46pm
Yeah, they are good recievers, but not having a QB does not help.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 2:47pm
yeah but without Favre the Packers arent gonna be as good this season, and c'mon the Bears suck.

its either the Vikings or Lions whoever doesnt completely blow their season

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 2:48pm
Yeah, they are good recievers, but not having a QB does not help.

true but who in the west has a qb

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Mar 4,2008 2:48pm
Brady is a bitch he gets hit and yells at his line. Ya what a great leader blame everyone else because u waited so fucking long to throw the ball. Every team knows this now if you pressure Brady he crumbles, look at the last few games they played. And where were all these Pat's fans yrs ago when they sucked balls but now they're good and everyone praises them.

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Mar 4,2008 2:49pm
Aaron Rodgers will bring the Pack to the Playoffs. Did u see how he played against Dallas when Favre got hurt.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 4,2008 2:51pm
atthehaunted said[orig][quote]
Brady is a bitch he gets hit and yells at his line. Ya what a great leader blame everyone else because u waited so fucking long to throw the ball. Every team knows this now if you pressure Brady he crumbles, look at the last few games they played. And where were all these Pat's fans yrs ago when they sucked balls but now they're good and everyone praises them.

Ummm, been a Pats fan since the 70's. I suffered through the 1-15 season, and the 2-14 seasons with the rest of them. No band wagon jumping here.

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Mar 4,2008 2:53pm
U know what I meant haha

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 2:54pm
Aaron Rodgers will bring the Pack to the Playoffs. Did u see how he played against Dallas when Favre got hurt.

ill believe that when i see it, i mean i was all for the Packers/Pats Superbowl i loved their secondary but i just dont see him leading the Pack back to the playoffs this year maybe in 09.

Vikings or Lions in 08 ha i cant even say that with a straightface

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Mar 4,2008 2:54pm edited Mar 4,2008 2:55pm
ATH - i agree with you on Aaron Rodgers but thats about it.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 4,2008 2:56pm
Remember Rod Rust and Harry Colon?? HAHAHAHA!!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 2:56pm
if rodgers is for real, the pack wins that division again. if not, i'd say minnesota wins it.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 2:57pm
i'd probably give the nfc west to seattle again if they can fix their running game. the cardinals might be parting ways with fitzgerald. that division, along with nfc north, is hard to call.

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Mar 4,2008 3:03pm
It's just gonna be a crazy season just like this past yr.

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Mar 4,2008 3:04pm
Favre retirin isn't a definite yet though folks.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 3:10pm
i'd probably give the nfc west to seattle again if they can fix their running game. the cardinals might be parting ways with fitzgerald.

thats not happening at least says azcardinals.com it was a thought but much like when the raiders were trying to trade moss a lot of teams arent trying to give up much.

if rodgers is for real, the pack wins that division again. if not, i'd say minnesota wins it.

thats all im saying, i think itll come down to the lions if they dont blow it again or the vikings if their qb can keep it together.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 3:19pm
if AZ doesn't get rid of fitz, they'll be pretty good, and i'm with you on the nfc north thing. that division is wide open. i think even chicago has a chance if they get someone other than rex to start at qb. resigning him was retarded.

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 4,2008 3:25pm

that's true too he almost did last year too, he'll probably pull another last minute " i'm coming back"

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 4,2008 4:42pm
Farve doesn't top Montana on the all time list. And he doesn't top Brady either.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 4,2008 4:45pm
Jets are throwing around a lot of money, but they're most likely losing Jason Vilma. They still don't have a quarterback, and will try to go with Kellen Clemens (ha!). Pace could be a really good acquisition for them, but he's been injured a lot, and could just as easily be a bust.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 4,2008 4:53pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
Jets are throwing around a lot of money, but they're most likely losing Jason Vilma. They still don't have a quarterback, and will try to go with Kellen Clemens (ha!). Pace could be a really good acquisition for them, but he's been injured a lot, and could just as easily be a bust.

hey im just saying theyre throwing money around i dont think theyll make the playoffs this year, the QB is their biggest need.

theyll just be more of a real team this year then last year but i dont think either of the NY teams are gonna be a big deal in the east and the Dolphins arent gonna be anything for at least the next two seasons

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 9:37pm
i think the giants will still contend but the jets won't

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Mar 4,2008 10:42pm
Brady's gonna get hurt and Brady does not top Favre you're totally on drugs. He may have the single season records but he'll never break any of Favre's all time records. EVER unless he cheats like his coaches

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 4,2008 10:52pm
hopefully he won't break favre's record for most interceptions ever

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 5,2008 1:38am
i think the giants will still contend but the jets won't

i meant buffalo and the ny jets

Brady does not top Favre you're totally on drugs.

yeah lets see...

Brady three superbowl rings Favre one

ill take Brady anyday of the week

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 5,2008 8:21am
i'm here where the red sox have their spring training right now

toggletoggle post by kadooganomics 101 at Mar 5,2008 11:34am

Tell that to NFL Network. They were practically holding a funeral service for the dude yesterday. All Favre all day. They're probably running the same shows today.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 5,2008 11:49am
kadooganomics%20101 said[orig][quote]

Tell that to NFL Network. They were practically holding a funeral service for the dude yesterday. All Favre all day. They're probably running the same shows today.
this favre retirement story is going to be the same thing to the sports media that anna nicole smith's death was to the tabloid media. a year or two from now, it'll still be a major story.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 5,2008 12:00pm
Brady cheats, that's a good one. That's why even after the videotaping scandal (which so many coaches, and players have admitted had minimal, if not no real effect on anything) Brady has a career season, and breaks the single season touchdown record.

How about this (for those of us who aren't hung up on the first 5 minutes of the last season) how do you rank:
Favre
Montana
Marino
Elway

In what order

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 5,2008 12:03pm
Montana
Favre
Marino
Elway

Grogan, LOL SEXXORS!!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 5,2008 12:05pm
montana
elway
favre
marino

choosing between favre and marino was tough. favre won a super bowl, so i gave it to him.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 5,2008 12:06pm
where would jim kelly factor in? i'm sure if he won all or a couple of those super bowls he lost, we'd be calling him one of the greatest ever.

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Mar 5,2008 12:12pm
if you judge good teams by super bowl wins and good quarterbacks by the same standard, brady is technically better than brett favre. stats are irrelevant as far as i'm concerned, look at marino. and charisma? character? what is this a dance competition? yeah that shit makes for a feel good story but just because johnny numbnuts its the nicest guy you've ever met doesnt make him the worlds greatest quarterback.

that being said favre is the fucking man, brady, manning (peyton, fuck eli), all them have the potential to reach his status for sure, but they need to prove it over 17 years. what favre has accomplished with his game starting streak and playing through injuries and shit is definitley impressive. guy didnt miss a start in the toughest sport out there, minus rugby.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 5,2008 12:16pm
where would jim kelly factor in? i'm sure if he won all or a couple of those super bowls he lost, we'd be calling him one of the greatest ever.

yeah but he didnt win anything so fuck him and the bills for taking up superbowl spots

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 5,2008 12:20pm
Jim Kelly was a beast. You're totally right in saying that he deserves recognition on some level of top quarterbacks of all time. Maybe not top 5, but up there. The only reason the Giants took that first superbowl is because Belichick's defense let the Bills think they controlled the line of scrimmage with the running game. The Giants were terrified of Kelly, and rightfully so.

Farve did what he did for 17 seasons. He tossed a few crappy seasons in there along the way though. What really made me finally bow down and show the man some respect was that he found a way to turn it all around when everyone thought he was done.

Fuck rugby.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 5,2008 12:22pm
contagion said[orig][quote]
if you judge good teams by super bowl wins and good quarterbacks by the same standard, brady is technically better than brett favre. stats are irrelevant as far as i'm concerned, look at marino. and charisma? character? what is this a dance competition? yeah that shit makes for a feel good story but just because johnny numbnuts its the nicest guy you've ever met doesnt make him the worlds greatest quarterback.

that being said favre is the fucking man, brady, manning (peyton, fuck eli), all them have the potential to reach his status for sure, but they need to prove it over 17 years. what favre has accomplished with his game starting streak and playing through injuries and shit is definitley impressive. guy didnt miss a start in the toughest sport out there, minus rugby.
what about hockey and mma?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 5,2008 12:23pm

yeah but he didnt win anything so fuck him and the bills for taking up superbowl spots
hahahaha, i was sick of seeing the bills in the super bowl too. the two years of buffalo-dallas super bowls sucked ass.

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Mar 5,2008 12:41pm edited Mar 5,2008 12:47pm

what about hockey and mma?
fighting doesnt count because its fighting. obviously its tough. on the same token they arent out there fighting one night a week for ranked matches and shit. chuck liddel started fighting 10 years ago and is 21-5. thats 2.6 ranked matches a year, and you can argue for unranked/sparring etc but its not like football players dont practice with live hitting. its all relative but not missing a single game with less than a week to recover between most of them is damn impressive. not to mention his gaudy numbers. and i really dont think hockey is that tough in general, yeah people get hit but its only claim to brutality is the fights and stupid shit players do which both command penalties. its perfectly legal for a 220 lb safety to get a 20 yard running start and hit a quarterback as hard as he can if he has the ball in his hands. I'm on adderall right now so I could go on for days but you get my drift.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 5,2008 12:43pm

hahahaha, i was sick of seeing the bills in the super bowl too. the two years of buffalo-dallas super bowls sucked ass.

i still hate both teams, i never minded the broncos or 49ers having runs at the superbowl but i will always hate dallas and buffalo

WITH THAT SAID GO SAINTS AND BROWNIES IN 08 FUCKERS HAHAHA

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 5,2008 12:45pm
Cardinals/Browns Super Bowl next year.

Browns win 3-0 in OT

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Mar 5,2008 12:45pm
lets also not forget its illegal to hit a hockey player in the back, regardless of whether they have the puck. I played defensive end in high school and let me tell you, lining up a quarterback who has no idea your coming from the blindside is definitely the dream, and totally legal as long as he has the ball.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 5,2008 12:54pm

Browns win 3-0 in OT

2 - 0 win when someone pushs Leinart into his wn endzone for a safety

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Mar 5,2008 12:56pm

Browns win 3-0 in OT

on the last play of the game.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 5,2008 12:57pm

Browns win 3-0 in OT

well yeah it'd be in OT

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Mar 5,2008 1:07pm

Browns win 3-0 in OT

well yeah it'd be in OT
yeah i'm an idiot.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 5,2008 1:11pm
ESPN and NFL Network will call it the greatest superbowls ever played

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][7:50:06am Apr 16,2024
load time 0.08748 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]