New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I really am taken aback by the number of people who label themselves "agnostic." by Murph nli on Feb 14,2008 12:08am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Murph nli at Feb 14,2008 12:08am
Why haven't you offed yourself yet?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 14,2008 12:11am
My labelmaker is busted.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2008 12:12am
Explain your position.

toggletoggle post by Murph nli at Feb 14,2008 12:15am
RichHorror said[orig][quote]
Explain your position.

It's not my position.

Gonna have to pass it off to the wonderful Latin language.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2008 12:15am
NO I MUST KNOW WTF FTW

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 14,2008 12:20am
An agnostic is someone who's too much of a pussy to call himself an atheist.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2008 12:21am
Oh, I thought homeboy loved Jesus or some shit.

toggletoggle post by Murph nli at Feb 14,2008 12:21am
Agnostic can be broken down into two words.

A, Latin for "without" or "devoid of" or even to stretch "against"

and Gnosis, meaning "knowledge"

If you're without knowledge, hence an idiot, than...why, just why.

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

toggletoggle post by Murph nli at Feb 14,2008 12:22am
Murph%20nli said[orig][quote]
Agnostic can be broken down into two words.

A, Latin for "without" or "devoid of" or even to stretch "against"

and Gnosis, meaning "knowledge"

If you're without knowledge, hence an idiot, than...why, just why.

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

PS, its greek. not latin. im too tired.

toggletoggle post by bradmann   at Feb 14,2008 10:15am
an agnostic neither denies nor accepts the existence of a god. it's not the blind faith of all religions nor is it the blind ignorance of atheism. it's a happy human medium of "unknowing".

so yes, an agnostic is in fact one without knowledge. that doesn't make them an idiot, it just makes them a realistic human being.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 14,2008 10:33am
the word agnostic is so vague. i don't like the idea of an agnostic, it seems so untrustworthy. they don't believe because there is no technical proof, but if god itself reached out of the sky, they would say "i never said i didn't believe!".

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Feb 14,2008 11:09am
blind ignorance of athiesm?...what an oxy moron.

toggletoggle post by aril at Feb 14,2008 11:27am
Everyone knows we're descendants of the Pleiadians, whose society was being battled by the Draconians hundreds of thousands of years ago. We know the Zeta's descended down back when hominids were roaming the earth. They altered our DNA, thus making our some of our DNA "extra terrestial" in origin. Look it up. Homo Sapiens Sapiens are a genetic experiment of the Zetas, and they are monitoring our progress, as well as interbreeding with us making a hybrid race.
They, as well as other species, are presently active on Earth today. Dulce base, for example, is an underground military installation in New Mexico where our Shadow Government is in contact with the species, discussing the NWO, among other future plans. Supposedly, 2012 is the year where something big will happen; whether it be the Draconians attacking us, and the Pleiadians coming on our side. This has been noted by both the Mayans, and the ancient Sumerians.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 14,2008 11:28am edited Feb 14,2008 11:28am
nm

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 14,2008 11:30am
X-DAY IS COMING

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 14,2008 11:32am

toggletoggle post by aril at Feb 14,2008 11:34am
Haha, in all seriousness, I do not belive that story. I so believe we're in contact with aliens or know more about them though. Call me a consipracy theorist or whatever, but come on now.

Anyway, that story is actually believed by many abductees, and believe it or not, there are Ancient Sumerian tablets which depict this happening. It's pretty interesting if you read about it, but it sounds like one giant Sci-Fi novel. I was a little rusty in remembering it, but it goes something along those lines.

PS: there is no God. only aliens.

toggletoggle post by craig nli at Feb 14,2008 11:39am
i have an idea. deny all titles, believe in what you believe, accept that everyone is an idiot to someone, youre an idiot fuck you for being stupid, aliens are gay, god likes boys, and murph.....wanna get a beer tonite buddy? or will you be busy with swedish luvin?

toggletoggle post by ancient master at Feb 14,2008 11:46am

toggletoggle post by cav nli at Feb 14,2008 1:37pm
this thread reminds me of a nevermore song

toggletoggle post by Murph nli at Feb 14,2008 1:49pm
bradmann said[orig][quote]
an agnostic neither denies nor accepts the existence of a god. it's not the blind faith of all religions nor is it the blind ignorance of atheism. it's a happy human medium of "unknowing".

so yes, an agnostic is in fact one without knowledge. that doesn't make them an idiot, it just makes them a realistic human being.

I mean, I can sort of see where you're going with this, except that to get to a point where one can see "I neither deny nor accept the existence of god, a god, a supreme being" means that person must have done some sort of research from both angles that does not allow them to fully align with either side.

But the word gnosis isn't so exact. Gnosis is "spiritual" knowledge, and is more of an active process than just some definition of one's facts, beliefs, or dogmatic princple. It really defines a person by what they have found in their own life to be self-evident and true.

I just hate the term, because it was created in a derogatory sense to belittle the ideas and views of people that did not fit into an existing dogmatic code.

Craigy, if you wanna come by the house, I'll pick up some beer and we can chill?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 14,2008 1:57pm

toggletoggle post by bradmann   at Feb 14,2008 2:11pm
Murph%20nli said[orig][quote]

I mean, I can sort of see where you're going with this, except that to get to a point where one can see "I neither deny nor accept the existence of god, a god, a supreme being" means that person must have done some sort of research from both angles that does not allow them to fully align with either side.

But the word gnosis isn't so exact. Gnosis is "spiritual" knowledge, and is more of an active process than just some definition of one's facts, beliefs, or dogmatic princple. It really defines a person by what they have found in their own life to be self-evident and true.

I just hate the term, because it was created in a derogatory sense to belittle the ideas and views of people that did not fit into an existing dogmatic code.

Craigy, if you wanna come by the house, I'll pick up some beer and we can chill?

first, you can't do research to prove the existence of god.

second, you're right, the word gnosis is a "spiritual" knowledge and while i have a lot of trouble with the word "spirit" i wholeheartedly agree that a person is comprised of the life they lead and the choices made therein.

third, the term was created by this man. He seems like someone who would be proud to use it, not someone who would use it to insult another.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 14,2008 3:19pm

au contraire, Homer did it when he was doing his taxes. SIMPSONS DID IT!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 14,2008 3:20pm
well, Homer proved there isn't a god.

toggletoggle post by Murph nli at Feb 14,2008 4:16pm
>>

second, you're right, the word gnosis is a "spiritual" knowledge and while i have a lot of trouble with the word "spirit" i wholeheartedly agree that a person is comprised of the life they lead and the choices made therein.

third, the term was created by this man. He seems like someone who would be proud to use it, not someone who would use it to insult another.>>

Nah man, Huxley used the word as being someone who was "ignorant" of the "gnosis" professed by those who followed Church teaching. By labelling Socrates the "first agnostic," he acknowledged that his definition of an agnostic was someone for whom Church (ie Christian) teaching was completely irrelevant, as with Socrates predating Christianity (perhaps not Messianic Judaism, however). So, to call oneself an agnostic from that point of view would mean to be completely ignorant of Christian teaching, which means that one wouldn't be against or for a Messiah, but not even introduced to such things.

Also, its not real good to use wiki as evidence, because most of the "facts" presented on that site are fucking retarded.

And, you can do research to deny the existence of "god," its called astrophysics, archaelogy, or any science that tries to trace the origins of humanity. The basis of going back as far as we can is to find out how it was all designed, ie the existence of a "god" or "intelligent power."

toggletoggle post by burnsy nli at Feb 14,2008 6:46pm
When someone says they are agnostic, it affirms their belief in the human condition that we are all ignorant and can never be certain about anything.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2008 6:48pm
Also, what's up with airline food?

toggletoggle post by Fuck_Logging_In_NLI at Feb 14,2008 7:32pm
agreed

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 14,2008 7:42pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said[orig][quote]
Also, what's up with airline food?

toggletoggle post by bradmann   at Feb 14,2008 8:32pm
burnsy%20nli said[orig][quote]
When someone says they are agnostic, it affirms their belief in the human condition that we are all ignorant and can never be certain about anything.

dass all i be tryin 2 say

toggletoggle post by bradmann   at Feb 14,2008 8:34pm
oh and there's no way Socrates was an agnostic when throughout the dialogues he mentions having a voice in his head.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 14,2008 8:43pm
look folks, we are at war here. pick a side.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 16,2008 12:57pm

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Feb 16,2008 1:57pm
AGNOSTICS ARE LAZY ATHEISTS
ATHEISTS ARE PEOPLE WHO THINK GOD SHOULD BE WHITE

WE ALL KNOW THE TRUTH

BLACK POWER!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Infected Misanthropic Orgy
[default homepage] [print][9:43:30am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.01989 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]