New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> anyone possibly interested in a ton of drum stuff? (probably quitting) by secthammernli on Feb 9,2008 8:59pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by secthammernli at Feb 9,2008 8:59pm
The reason i'm looking to possibly get rid of this is I'm thinking of quitting playing.

Roland TD3

Pearl Drumset 8 peices

Enough gibralter rack peices to make 2 or 3 entire drumset racks

Axis double pedals

D-drum Trigger

acustom crash
z custom crash
Sabian AA ride
A custom high hats
few wuhans
zcustom china
sabian xs china
few bells
a custom splash

etc etc etc

i know the list isn't too detailed yet, just to see if it gathers enough interest to even be worth figuring out a price and all that in depth bullshit

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 9,2008 9:06pm
how do you quit playing?

I don't think I could give up music even if I wanted to

toggletoggle post by yummy at Feb 9,2008 9:08pm
I'll trade you a dildo. That'll keep you occupied instead.

toggletoggle post by secthammernli at Feb 9,2008 9:10pm
it's easy, you stop enjoying it because it becomes more frustration than it's worth. That and since i'm at school I can only play on a real drumset maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks.

No one needs drummers anymore anyways. Everyone just gets a drum machine or uses DKFH and programs shit that's damn near impossible to play.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 9,2008 9:16pm
secthammernli said[orig][quote]

No one needs drummers anymore anyways.

I am not familiar with this universe in which you dwell.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 9,2008 9:16pm
it's easy, you stop enjoying it because it becomes more frustration than it's worth. That and since i'm at school I can only play on a real drumset maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks.

No one needs drummers anymore anyways. Everyone just gets a drum machine or uses DKFH and programs shit that's damn near impossible to play.

Sounds like you're just in a funk.

There's no law you need to drum for anyone or on any one particular surface.

It's the one thing that you can do anywhere and at anytime, aside from singing, and actually it's easier to do on the spot than sing.

toggletoggle post by fleshfries at Feb 9,2008 11:41pm
How much would you be asking for all of it?

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Feb 9,2008 11:50pm
I'd PM you, but I don't feel like looking for your screen name logged in another thread.

First of all, I wouldn't advise you just quitting, I know you're busy and shit seems like it's always too much, but you'll miss it and just end up buying a lot of it back.

In any case, if you are getting rid of all of this, I may be interested in some stuff, especially the TD3, trigger and pedals. Drop me a line and let me know what everything else is going to go for as well, I might buy some and I've got plenty of friends who may as well.

toggletoggle post by No_Redemption at Feb 10,2008 12:44am
Too bad your deciding to quit buddy. I might be interested in your some of your tins, i need some new shit. Hit me up.

toggletoggle post by SW at Feb 10,2008 1:22am
i'd be interested in any 16" crashes

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Feb 10,2008 1:26am
I am interested in the trigger. Let me know how much

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 10,2008 1:51am
theaccurseddrummer said[orig][quote]
First of all, I wouldn't advise you just quitting, I know you're busy and shit seems like it's always too much, but you'll miss it and just end up buying a lot of it back.

I agree with this, I bought my drums off someone who sold them because they were "taking up too much space". Maybe six months later he bought a whole bunch of new drum stuff and was asking me if he could buy my snare back because it had a better sound than the one he currently had. It was pretty pathetic.

toggletoggle post by luke nli at Feb 10,2008 2:31am
What kind of kit is it? Hit me up...luke.buckbee at gmail.com

toggletoggle post by INFECT  at Feb 10,2008 3:00am
how much for the axis? is that the double pedal that converts into two singles?
how much for the a and z custom crashes?

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 10,2008 3:52am
how much for the td3?

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Feb 10,2008 10:51am
What axis dbl pedal is that? Longboards? Can it be split into 2 single pedals?

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Feb 10,2008 11:24am
I'M THINKING OF KILLING MYSELF
ANYONE WANT MY SHIT?
VIDEO @ MYSPACE IN 15 MIN

JESUS MAN GET A GRIP
WHITE PEOPLE ARE TAPPED THE FUCK OUT

BLACK POWER!

toggletoggle post by moe nli at Feb 10,2008 12:57pm
i'd be interested in some of that stuff depending on the price
the cymbals definitley have peeked my interest

toggletoggle post by Grizloch   at Feb 10,2008 1:10pm
prices are important

toggletoggle post by brandon nli at Feb 10,2008 2:16pm
yea post the prices of the cymbols/bells

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 10,2008 5:53pm
how much for the TD3?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 10,2008 6:52pm
The reason i'm looking to possibly get rid of this is I'm thinking of quitting playing.

dude, what? you are way too good to quit playing. i say that with the experience of being a former bandmate who can attest to how good you really are. you have a real future as a drummer. you could make some money doing session work and whatnot. i'd hate to see you let your talent go to waste. i hope you reconsider and search for what made you fall in love with drumming in the first place.

toggletoggle post by PeteovDom  at Feb 10,2008 10:43pm
how much for the racks, axis pedals(what model?), trigger and bells?

toggletoggle post by PeteovDom  at Feb 10,2008 10:45pm
not that i condone the whole quitting thing, but if you must...

toggletoggle post by brad weymouth at Feb 10,2008 10:57pm
dreadkill said[orig][quote]

dude, what? you are way too good to quit playing. i say that with the experience of being a former bandmate who can attest to how good you really are. you have a real future as a drummer. you could make some money doing session work and whatnot. i'd hate to see you let your talent go to waste. i hope you reconsider and search for what made you fall in love with drumming in the first place.

awe, what a sweetie

toggletoggle post by poop nli at Feb 10,2008 11:27pm
interest

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Feb 11,2008 3:36am
wait till you can go on tour with a band, then youll figure out if its really what you, or not.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 11,2008 4:31am
sxealex said[orig][quote]
how much for the td3?

Blue said[orig][quote]
how much for the TD3?

how much for the td3?

toggletoggle post by poop at Feb 11,2008 12:07pm
how bout for the crashes and hi hats?

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Feb 11,2008 12:38pm
I want the axis, depending on what model it is. I am also interested in the crashes. Hit me up at ouchdrummer@gmail.com i have cash for it if the price is right.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 11,2008 1:04pm
never gonna get them prices

toggletoggle post by Murph nli at Feb 11,2008 1:10pm
I too suggest you to not stop playing, I made that mistake and it took me painstaking measures to reclaim enough stuff and my chops back to play in a serious band again.

But, if you are definitely on that path, I call dibbs on the Z-custom crash.

toggletoggle post by moe nli at Feb 11,2008 4:56pm
yea man...divy up some measurements

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Feb 12,2008 8:15am
i dunno, i personaly would never quit, but lets all be serious here, deathmetal drums are possably the most physically draining, time consuming, money consuming instrument on the planet. And if you really take them seriously you cant have much of a life otherwise. Not that i am saying this bothers me, but i can see how someone would want a normal life.

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Feb 12,2008 8:27am
....i hope this doesnt happen considering he just started playing drums for us and has already laid down some sick shit.

toggletoggle post by secthammernli at Feb 12,2008 3:51pm
i decided that i'm probably not going to quit, so the list of things to sell is defiently going to dwindle down to about say...nothing...ish. until the summer.

Once then, i'm going to try to save up some money and sell pretty much the entire drumset that i have now and hopefully all the hardware along with it, I'm hoping just starting over completely with new gear and things of the such will give a boost in my playing interest and other kewlkewlkewl things like that.

I just get really really frustrated, especially with things I have trouble playing (i absolutely HATE trying to replicate programmed drums) it seems that whenever someone who isn't a drummer programs drums they put in things that are damn near impossible to play for 90% of people out there.

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Feb 12,2008 4:38pm
i decided that i'm probably not going to quit

Good deal, that's what I wanna hear.

so the list of things to sell is defiently going to dwindle down to about say...nothing...ish. until the summer.

Damn you. (haha!)

I just get really really frustrated, especially with things I have trouble playing (i absolutely HATE trying to replicate programmed drums) it seems that whenever someone who isn't a drummer programs drums they put in things that are damn near impossible to play for 90% of people out there.

The guitarist in STR writes all of his stuff on the computer and sends it to me to figure out and he knows that I can't play half the shit because it's just him writing his guitar parts over what he thinks sounds good. Take what you're given and then re-write your parts to play upon your strengths and within the limits of your abilities, not to some unreachable expectation based on a computer program.

On a lighter note though, regarding the trigger stuff, I've been thinking about adding a trigger to my kick drum for parts that are fast, but that I can't keep the same loud dynamic I have when I play slower parts. I plan on continuing to mic the kick as I always have, but to add the trigger as well for some consistency. I have never triggered anything, other than the bass drum in a recordign session once, and I didn't set anything up, or have any idea what he was using. What the hell should I be looking for anyway?

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Feb 12,2008 4:55pm
i decided that i'm probably not going to quit, so the list of things to sell is defiently going to dwindle down to about say...nothing...ish. until the summer.

Once then, i'm going to try to save up some money and sell pretty much the entire drumset that i have now and hopefully all the hardware along with it, I'm hoping just starting over completely with new gear and things of the such will give a boost in my playing interest and other kewlkewlkewl things like that.

I hear ya, man...I've contemplated throwing in the towel recently for lack of having really done anything musically. After like 5 years of playing in bands and having nothing to really show for it, its a little depressing. But I'd never give up music, even if I wanted to.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 12,2008 5:20pm
its because you need to do an ACTIVE band. get started with pipebomb dildo practice. you have 6 months, get those blasts in check boi.

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Feb 12,2008 5:24pm
you have no idea how much we hope that happens

toggletoggle post by miscegenator at Feb 12,2008 8:29pm
(weep)

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Feb 13,2008 4:14pm
if this secthammerwhatever is that young kid from coffin birth/ds, he is honestly one of the most talented "rttp" drummers out there. i on the other hand actually suck at my instument and have a legit reason to sell my set. but for some reason i refuse to let it go.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Feb 13,2008 5:50pm
I myself am definitely going down the same road as well, I think when i get back from touring with Belphegor Ill be pretty much all set with Death metal, if not playing in general for a while.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Feb 13,2008 6:06pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said[orig][quote]
how do you quit playing?

I don't think I could give up music even if I wanted to

Amen. You'd probably have to hold a lighter to my balls to get me to quit playing the drums and I'm not even a drummer. To even imagine what it would take for me to quit playing guitar....well, I honestly don't even want to think about that.

toggletoggle post by SW at Feb 14,2008 4:45am
Blue said[orig][quote]
its because you need to do an ACTIVE band. get started with pipebomb dildo practice. you have 6 months, get those blasts in check boi.

haha i've been learning those songs and i was supposed to jam with nate but he doesn't have a guitar amp at the moment. i haven't been playing drums for long(vocals are my main thing), but i can play those songs. moe would def blow me out of the water though haha.

toggletoggle post by moe nli at Feb 14,2008 10:07am
heh, thanks i guess
probably not anymore, though...i havent played anything really extreme in a year or two so i'm a bit rusty
have we met in person, SW?

toggletoggle post by SW at Feb 14,2008 4:25pm
i dont think we have but i was doing landscaping with nate awhile ago and he told me they got someone to play the deadwater shit. he said you played in a band called war on our shores and you posted awhile ago that you played in that band so i put two and two together.

toggletoggle post by moe @ work at Feb 14,2008 4:27pm
word

toggletoggle post by SW at Feb 14,2008 4:28pm
if you're ever down for playing heavy shit again you should get ahold of me. i'm in brookline,nh. have to find a guitarist though haha

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 14,2008 4:35pm
josh_hates_you said[orig][quote]
if this secthammerwhatever is that young kid from coffin birth/ds, he is honestly one of the most talented "rttp" drummers out there. i on the other hand actually suck at my instument and have a legit reason to sell my set. but for some reason i refuse to let it go.

that's him. he is very talented, especially considering he's only 19. there aren't a lot of drummers out there that good at 19.

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Feb 14,2008 4:37pm
SW said[orig][quote]
if you're ever down for playing heavy shit again you should get ahold of me. i'm in brookline,nh. have to find a guitarist though haha

I live in Western MA now, but commute to NH for Mercury Switch. I'm not sure whether or not i'm interested in picking up another serious heavy project. I've grown lazy in my old age.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 14,2008 4:53pm

since when did MS start practicing again?

toggletoggle post by SW at Feb 14,2008 5:00pm
old age? how old are you? i'm 22. how about a serious heavy project with meaning? i've been working on lyrics for a full length for awhile. all depends on what your beliefs are. if you'd like to discuss that further let me get your e-mail.

toggletoggle post by secthammernli at Feb 15,2008 3:39pm
pipebomb dildo?

what?

ahaha

toggletoggle post by secthammernli at Feb 15,2008 3:43pm
dude if you give me the tracks without drums i can record some shit over it this weekend absolutely no problem

toggletoggle post by moe nli at Feb 15,2008 4:04pm
MS hasn't been practicing but the album will be done tracking by next week

the "old age" comment was just a joke/exaggeration, i'm 23

toggletoggle post by SW at Feb 15,2008 8:23pm
moe, i emailed the address you have in your profile here. sorry it's a bit long, but i was just explaining some stuff.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][7:10:28pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.02153 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]