New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> 3/27 Vital Remains, Monstrosity, Sin Of Angels, Demericous, Ramming Speed, Strong Intention by RobinG on Feb 6,2008 6:06am
Add To All Your Pages!
Mar 27, 2008 Middle East (Cambridge, Ma)
forever_in_terror - 2008-03-27
Forever In Terror(81)
flash animated slider show
monstrosity - 2008-03-27
Monstrosity(138)
ramming_speed - 2008-03-27
Ramming Speed(76)
randomshots - 2008-03-27
Randomshots(6)
sin_of_angels - 2008-03-27
Sin Of Angels(60)
strong_intention - 2008-03-27
Strong Intention(50)
vital_remains - 2008-03-27
Vital Remains(155)

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 6,2008 6:06am
DOWNSTAIRS MIDDLE EAST!

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Feb 6,2008 6:47am
18+ right

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Feb 6,2008 9:17am
sew brootal

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 6,2008 9:25am
I wonder who will be singing/drumming/bass

toggletoggle post by Deteriorot at Feb 6,2008 11:20am
what? No flyer?

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Feb 6,2008 11:30am
the_reverend said:
I wonder who will be singing/drumming/bass

Same line-up from DVD

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Feb 6,2008 11:40am
Awesome.

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Feb 6,2008 11:52am
false! Dave isn't playing lead anymore. He sectretly quit a couple of months ago.

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Feb 6,2008 11:59am
vital remains without suzuki. HA!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 6,2008 12:09pm
I don't watch DVDs... who's on the DVD?

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 6,2008 12:13pm
I'm not a fan of the DVD line-up

toggletoggle post by Pires at Feb 6,2008 2:30pm
i believe the lineup from the DVD is the same as the last PVD show at Club Hell...all in all...a big MEH to that lineup...

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 6,2008 3:55pm
They have the Deicide drummer.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 6,2008 3:56pm
Tickets on sale 2/15

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 6,2008 5:12pm
Get into this.

toggletoggle post by cockfaggot at Feb 6,2008 5:23pm
Way to book a doom band, a punky thrash metal band, and a hardcore band as openers for VR and Monstrosity instead of any of the large number of deserving death metal bands in this area.

Great job.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 6,2008 7:38pm
you should say you're welcome, Robin. Because I think a diverse show is a damn good thing

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 6,2008 7:43pm
Strong Intention, hahahaha.

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Feb 6,2008 8:17pm
Who sings for Monstrosity?

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Feb 6,2008 8:18pm
I heard Tony Norman is back with them

toggletoggle post by aegathis nli at Feb 6,2008 8:51pm
I think Scott from Zircon is doing Vox for VR

toggletoggle post by PeteovDom  at Feb 6,2008 9:30pm
aegathis nli said:
I think Scott from Zircon is doing Vox for VR

i think so too.

toggletoggle post by dr. sphincto at Feb 6,2008 9:47pm
i'm so there. Sin of Angels is a great band, well the loudest band i've ever seen, they deserve to be on this, I can anticipate ramming speed puttin on a good set. Demiricous is great live as i saw them with dying fetus last year. Strong intention is meh, I could care less about them
Looks like a great show

toggletoggle post by christopher at Feb 6,2008 10:25pm
I'll go.

toggletoggle post by christopher at Feb 6,2008 10:30pm
so is dave going to be there or no?

I'll still go but, weeeeeak if the answer is no

toggletoggle post by slutbag at Feb 7,2008 12:15am
this is not a show.

toggletoggle post by slutbag at Feb 7,2008 12:16am
? flyer

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 7,2008 1:26am
cockfaggot said[orig][quote]
Way to book a doom band, a punky thrash metal band, and a hardcore band as openers for VR and Monstrosity instead of any of the large number of deserving death metal bands in this area.

Great job.

It's a pretty diverse tour as it is, so I personally see nothing wrong with Sin of Angels and Ramming Speed being the local support.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 2:45am
I book my friends, I don't give a shit about anyone else, start throwing me fucking keg parties if you want to play shows.
Plus name an area metal band that will draw more than Sin Of Angels or Ramming Speed, this is the reason your not doing the show, oh and your welcome.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 2:47am
If anyone wants to make a flyer email it to me at ammoniarecords@gmail.com I'll need it to print color 2 up on 8.5x11 and 1 up on 11x17

toggletoggle post by Mucko  at Feb 7,2008 2:48am
Strong Intention?! I just don't like em. That's right. I said it. You need to get Go! a show up here.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 7,2008 2:53am
Nobody likes Strong Intention, if the number of people watching their set is a double digit, then it'll be their biggest turnout ever.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 3:04am
They were good at ENT at Cambridge elks.

toggletoggle post by Mucko  at Feb 7,2008 3:07am
I decided to do extra parking lot duty during their set. Ha, remember the drunk, fat teen chick you had to place in McDonald'? Crack kills!

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 3:30am
Yeah haha fuck that shit.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Feb 7,2008 7:37am
Fucking yes! Monstrosity

...Prepare to burn in the final creeeeeeemmmaaaaation!

I can't wait for this shit.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Feb 7,2008 10:40am
I'm pretty sure the singer in Strong Intention booked this tour.

He use to do part of MDF too if i remember right, but then fucked over tons of bands. Sweet.

toggletoggle post by C.DEAD at Feb 7,2008 11:14am
cockfaggot said[orig][quote]

Great job.

Awww, it looks like someones hamburger death metal band didn't get on the show.

toggletoggle post by A.PANZER at Feb 7,2008 12:02pm
I thought Ramming Speed declared that death metal bands are all about beating their girlfriends and racism? Why are they on this show?

I readed it in teh Globe...or the Dig, actually.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 7,2008 12:22pm
they aren't?

pussies.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 12:28pm
A.PANZER said[orig][quote]
I thought Ramming Speed declared that death metal bands are all about beating their girlfriends and racism? Why are they on this show?

They decided that beating their girlfriend and racism are totally tubular... and they're right.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 1:11pm
HEY LET ME KNOW IF THE GENERAL CONSESUS IS TO NOT BRING METAL TO BOSTON. I DONT SEE ANY OF YOU DOING IT. KYLESA MAY 24th booyah.

toggletoggle post by C.DEAD at Feb 7,2008 1:41pm
RichHorror said[orig][quote]
A.PANZER said[orig][quote]

They decided that beating their girlfriend and racism are totally tubular... and they're right.

Haha...tubular.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 7,2008 1:48pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
I book my friends, I don't give a shit about anyone else, start throwing me fucking keg parties if you want to play shows.

You gotta admire that kind of honesty!

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 7,2008 1:55pm
moar salsa y spicy hott latinas

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 2:01pm
ALSO NAME ME SOME "METAL" BANDS THAT EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE DOWNSTAIRS MIDDLE EAST, ARE YOU GUYS EVEN OUT OF YOUR O'BRIENS HIGHCHAIR YET HAHA.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Feb 7,2008 2:04pm

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 2:14pm
ACTUALLY ITS A SHIFT BUTTON.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Feb 7,2008 2:16pm
Fuck, you're the real deal.

toggletoggle post by mortalis  at Feb 7,2008 2:19pm
archaeon said[orig][quote]
Fuck, you're the real deal.

nah dude, i don't think you get it. see, you said that he should turn off the caps lock key, cuz he was typing in all caps and that's generally considered annoying. but he like, totally undermined that picture you posted by saying he was using the shift key, cuz you can type in all capitals by just holding down the shift key while you type instead of hitting the caps lock key once to turn it on before you start typing. isn't that funny? cuz he like, took your comment, and reversed it on you with his tricky shift key business (whether or not he actually did use the shift key, only he knows). it's crazy shit.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 2:25pm
I ACTUALLY USE THE SHIFT KEY BUZZY, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU READ ANYTHING ON HERE ELSEWISE?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 2:26pm
tHIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN I TYPE WITH CAPS LOCK ON, NOTICE THE FIRST LETTER. JUST SO I WONT DOOP ANYOF YOU.

toggletoggle post by mortalis  at Feb 7,2008 2:27pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
I ACTUALLY USE THE SHIFT KEY BUZZY, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU READ ANYTHING ON HERE ELSEWISE?

no dude, i get it, it's cool. i'm just trying to explain it so that other people can get it, too. know what i mean?

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Feb 7,2008 2:29pm
YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE BALL LICKERS, WE'RE GONNA FUCK YOUR MOTHERS WHILE WATCH AND CRY LIKE LITTLE WHINY BITCHES

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 2:30pm
I always assume lower case letters are invisible.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 7,2008 2:31pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
ALSO NAME ME SOME "METAL" BANDS THAT EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE DOWNSTAIRS MIDDLE EAST, ARE YOU GUYS EVEN OUT OF YOUR O'BRIENS HIGHCHAIR YET HAHA.

i smell condescension

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 2:33pm
There's nothing wrong with playing to nobody in O'Briens. That's obviously a sign that you're ready to headline the ME.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 2:40pm
I'VE NEVER HEARD A MORE TRUE STATEMENT MR. HORROR.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 2:42pm
I knows my shit. Put me on the list for boozedaddies at this.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 2:45pm
Oh yeah, and WTF to putting SOA on this. They only went on tour with Vital last year. LOL @ newfags.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 2:45pm
3/1 MOD @ Geno's
3/2 MOD @ Church
3/5 Soilent Green @ CHURCH? Waiting.....
3/6 PYGMY LUSH(ex Pg 99, MAjority Rule) @ Church
3/21 TODAY IS THE DAY @ Church
3/27 VITAL REMAINS @ Mid East Down
3/28 HATS AND GLASSES, STEVE BRODSKY @ O'briens
4/9 Wayward @ Mid East? Waiting....
5/24 THE OCEAN, KYLESA, LAIR OF MINOTAUR @ ? waiting
5/26 Bloody Panda @ Middle East
There's probably more you should get stoked about, also I'm not doing anything this weekend besides laundry if any of you want to throw a keg party.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 2:46pm
I wanna throw a kegger in my mouth.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 2:46pm
YEAH IM REAL STUPID RICH HAHA. I SHOULD PUT ALEX C's New band on this and lose 1000's of dollars.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 2:47pm
Put my band on it and lost millions.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 2:48pm
Throw a keg party and get booked opening slot with Nuclear Assault!

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 2:57pm
THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT TOO BAD NUCLEAR ASSAULT IS 5000 grand.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 2:58pm
lol wut

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Feb 7,2008 3:03pm
5000 grand hahahaha

toggletoggle post by faggot at Feb 7,2008 3:17pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
Plus name an area metal band that will draw more than Sin Of Angels or Ramming Speed, this is the reason your not doing the show, oh and your welcome.

I can think of a bunch of local bands that would draw better than RS and SOA, especially on this show.

As for your not giving a shit, that's pretty obvious. You don't give a shit. You're a fucking aging drunk who's not really in touch with what's going on in metal in this area and it shows by the lineups you book. You make no efforts to bring in great metal bands from the surrounding areas around Boston that have been working hard to get their names built up and could draw well in the city. It's impossible for these bands to get their foot in the door with you because trying to communicate with you online is like talking to a fucking kid with special needs.

You think you're so important and you act like you're some savior to metal in the city but really you just have contacts with booking agencies. If you weren't booking these shows someone else would, and would be doing it better. Get over yourself.

toggletoggle post by Jesus H. Christ at Feb 7,2008 3:23pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
DOWNSTAIRS MIDDLE EAST!

Yeah, I'd like to see you niggers try that for real.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 7,2008 3:30pm
LOUD NOISES!

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 3:55pm
I'm still waiting for the awesome band names of who I should book. Even faggot couldn't come up with any.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 3:56pm
Yeah when any of you book metal downstairs at the Middle East let me know.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 3:58pm
ALSO www.myspace.com/ammoniarecords dont be afraid to ask to get on shows? I usually hook it up, so keep talking.

toggletoggle post by faggot at Feb 7,2008 3:59pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
I'm still waiting for the awesome band names of who I should book. Even faggot couldn't come up with any.

I'm not going to bring the names of the various bands that I support into this discussion because I'm not sure they would want anyone but themselves speaking on their behalf. It's not like I have something against SOA or RS either- they are great bands. Whatever, I should have never opened my mouth about this. What I say isn't going to change anything.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 4:00pm
Why dont you do it if you don't like it, that's why I did.

toggletoggle post by faggot at Feb 7,2008 4:00pm
Good point.

toggletoggle post by Jesus H. Christ at Feb 7,2008 4:02pm
Don't mind the faggot. The evil sodomite will burn in hell.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 4:05pm
I'm sure you were at the Benediction/Bolthrower show downstairs middle east when 5 people went because of 0 promotion and lack of drawing openers. I'm trying to get a crowd for the Headliners, and I'm sure you hear them say the best shows on tour are usually Boston, if you want to take cheap shots at me do so. It's obviously personal since your NLI.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Feb 7,2008 4:07pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
I'm sure you were at the Benediction/Bolthrower show downstairs middle east when 5 people went because of 0 promotion and lack of drawing openers. I'm trying to get a crowd for the Headliners, and I'm sure you hear them say the best shows on tour are usually Boston, if you want to take cheap shots at me do so. It's obviously personal since your NLI.

thats not what he was saying. There's band that fit the bill better AND would draw more than both RS and SOA combined. but who cares not like my 17 year old ass can go anyways.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 4:21pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]

thats not what he was saying. There's band that fit the bill better AND would draw more than both RS and SOA combined. but who cares not like my 17 year old ass can go anyways.

What bands? I too would be interested in knowing so I can start booking them. The only death metal band I've seen recently that can draw impressively is Sexcrement.

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Feb 7,2008 4:27pm edited Feb 7,2008 4:27pm
there are plenty of death metal bands in MA that would have huge followings if they ever got booked to open for international acts like VR. instead, whoever is responsible for booking cares more about their wallet than the music scene, hence you get shows like this where its about dollar signs not music. not to mention you are used to seeing death metal shows with 6 people at them because its a bunch of locals and no one knows who the fuck the bands are because..why? they are stuck playing dive shows with shitty sound and worse location and cant get an opening gig because whoever is booking it only wants money so they sign the biggest locals regardless of genre continuity or the club will make you sell 2 grand worth of tickets if you want to be on the bill which makes locals who draw from the same crowd compete to sell tickets at absurd prices and eventually just pool their money and drop a grand to play 4 songs.

who would have thought.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 4:29pm edited Feb 7,2008 4:35pm
Yeah, you've clearly been to O'Briens or Church or any of these other 'dove' venues with their pro sound. The ticket shit is Mark's Showplace, noob. And yeah, touring bands have to be paid their guarantees. So yes bands that can actually draw people to a show get to play the bigger shows. Book a show ever and then come talk to me when you know what you're talking about. Again, tell me these bands so I can book them and have killer shows where everyone benefits.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 7,2008 4:36pm
i dont know why people are getting their panties in a bunch about this shit.

if you want your favorite bands on a show, book it. thats kind of how it goes.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 4:37pm
I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THESE MYSTERY BANDS, also I book bands I LIKE, not what two people on a message board like. If that were the case I'd be eating tofu sushi or some shit. I've been part of the music scene since 1983 maybe I should figure out what I'm doing cause someones pissed I didn't choose some band with out a van or T-shirts and like a crappy amp. I should have chosen a mystery band just so they flake on me, makes sense.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 4:42pm
also serious question if you guys dont want me bringing this stuff to boston then say so.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 4:47pm
I send out myspace messages to bands asking to get on shows and I usually say sorry I only book my friends or friend of a friends band. That's why people don't cancel on me and clubs want to work with me and I'd love to show you my wallet someday. It's not an agency it's to Improve the scene I'm part of. I get asked to book shitty tours that will draw and I say no, you obviously don't know me. Have fun with your memory of some aging drunk guy.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 4:49pm
Whatever, let's get hammered.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 4:52pm
cool everyones done bitching, about a sick show everyone will be at.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Feb 7,2008 5:08pm
SEXCREMENT would have been a wonderful draw that could do better than RS and SOA combined. But we would have declined this since we're whored out with 3 shows within the time frame.
I would have gone but Monstrosity is the only band I'd love to see since I've seen all these bands about 4 times a piece. But that's why I book my own shows that I want to see. No hard feelings Robin.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 5:13pm
HAHA WHAT ARE HARD FEELINGS? Sounds emo.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Feb 7,2008 5:15pm
Hard feelings is like big caps on the computer!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 5:15pm
Hard feelings is boners.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 7,2008 5:17pm
I'll go with boners.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Feb 7,2008 5:17pm
Hard feelings is death metal.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Feb 7,2008 5:19pm
just for future reference, I know there are still people that think that Mass is like the desert for Death Metal but there are plenty of bands who draw very well, better than the majority of bands that rehearse in Boston,

Abnormality
Dysentery
Goreality
Proteus
Terminally, Your Aborted Ghost

toggletoggle post by BSV at Feb 7,2008 5:35pm
and for the record Zach Ohler of Strong Intention is most likely the tour manager since he's handled a fair amount of bands throughout the past two years, definately hit him up sometime and see what he's got going on, he's a solid dude.

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Feb 7,2008 6:14pm
i can't speak for everyone, and i'm not upset but i can't help but point out some irony here.

contagion said[orig][quote]
there are plenty of death metal bands in MA that would have huge followings if they ever got booked to open for international acts like VR.

in an ideal world every band would get to play big shows. the reality is it takes a lot of work to even get to the level of opening for an international act.

instead, whoever is responsible for booking cares more about their wallet than the music scene, hence you get shows like this where its about dollar signs not music.

think about it. if you had a choice, would you book-- a no name, or someone who is going get more people to show up? it's not all about money, but some bands have rather steep guarantees. on top of that, i knw the middle east costs a lot to rent out. a smart promoter would play it safe and book bands that are going to help out by drawing more people, thus insuring he doesn't have to pay the bands or club out of pocket.

not to mention you are used to seeing death metal shows with 6 people at them because its a bunch of locals and no one knows who the fuck the bands are because..why? they are stuck playing dive shows with shitty sound and worse location...

whose fault is that? there are lots of things you can do about that. find out what's going on in your local and regional scene. make friends. buddy up with bigger bands. find out what tours are coming through town. make friends with the band, as well as the club and the promoter who is doing the show. sound shitty? promoters and clubs hear from tons of bands all the time, most of whom are shitty. they can't remember them all.
BE GOOD. sometimes bands can't figure out why they can't get gigs...it could just be that you suck (i mean that as a general term, not you in particular, just to clarify.)
PROMOTE PROMOTE PROMOTE. this doesn't just mean myspace (although don't count it out). remember when there used to be like 5 kids at every show handing out hundreds of flyers for various things? i've played tons of mediocre shows that did way better than i expected because we flyered-- repeatedly-- and at every upcoming show. also, if there are any "bigger" promoters in town, most likely they will notice that and be more willing to work with you because they see that you are willing to work as well. SoA isn't even a quarter of the way to where we want to be and it's taken a shit-ton of work over the last few years to even get this far.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Feb 7,2008 6:24pm
Elder Dave laying it down!
It's funny to hear lots of younger metalheads bitch about the palladium but are too scared to go to the middle east or providence for a show. So they take the easy way out, cash out to play Mark's.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 7,2008 6:25pm
Dave, let's get wicked high khed.

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Feb 7,2008 7:04pm
i can dig it!

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Feb 7,2008 8:46pm
A)dont take my high ramblings too seriously
B)I just realized i haven't tried to get a show in almost two years since i was a junior in high school so i probably didn't know shit about finding a good gig and still don't.
C)I played the safari lounge when i was 16 years old man, that shit was scary haha. Middle east a couple months later.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 8,2008 1:06pm
Even Psycho didn't play at O'briens last night, SEE WHAT IM SAYING?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 10,2008 5:50pm

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 11,2008 9:51am
top.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 12,2008 2:47pm
top tickets on sale 2/15

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 13,2008 4:31pm
tickets on sale 2/15

toggletoggle post by degenerate bastard at Feb 13,2008 6:51pm
believe me its in nobodys good interest to put strong intentions on this show . I'm sure he had no choice . and i definitely look for bands that promote .no one can promote their band better than the band .

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Feb 13,2008 10:50pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
top tickets on sale 2/15

Where exactly?

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Feb 13,2008 11:00pm
Is Monstrosity headlining?

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Feb 13,2008 11:01pm
They should...and if they're not, I just might go because I need to wake up maaaaaaaaaaaaad early the next day.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 14,2008 2:48am
www.ticketmaster.com or Middle East Box Office 1-7pm every day before the sho, tix on sale 2/15. Cant wait a good metal show downstairs for once lets represent.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 14,2008 6:09pm
THIS WAS FEATURED AS HOT TICKETS IN THE PHOENIX THEY GO ON SALE TOMORROW. 10am

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 17,2008 12:56am
ON SALE NOW 20 bucks even.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 17,2008 1:42am

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 17,2008 7:05pm
TOP GET TICKETS DUR

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 18,2008 4:01pm
Top tickets on sale.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 22,2008 7:10pm

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Feb 22,2008 8:10pm
i love reading robin fights, ill be at the majority of those shows and will have beerz for youz

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 24,2008 2:57pm
Lets do this shit people!

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 25,2008 11:59am
Top for Monday morning.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 28,2008 1:00pm
Top for Thursday Afternoon.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Feb 28,2008 1:03pm
is today thursday, really

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Feb 29,2008 3:54am
I'll be there.

toggletoggle post by nickpelle at Mar 1,2008 11:01pm

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 4,2008 5:09pm
holy fuck! can whoever made the flyer change Demericous to Forever In Terror and e=mail me a print file to Ammoniarecords@gmail.com

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Mar 4,2008 5:14pm
Hey buddy is Benton singing?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 4,2008 5:16pm
I dont think he's allowed in MA.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 4,2008 5:19pm

[YOUTUBE=undefined]

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 4,2008 5:19pm

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 6,2008 1:15am
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!
RobinG said[orig][quote]
holy fuck!

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 10,2008 4:37pm
Top.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 10,2008 4:41pm
www.ticketweb.com www.ticketmaster.com

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 10,2008 4:54pm
sick and twisted yooooo

siq and twizzled dawg

toggletoggle post by nickpelle at Mar 10,2008 4:56pm
i made ..not sure if i can change it ill send the file to you if i can.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 10,2008 5:30pm
Yes please that would be awesome.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 13,2008 7:54pm

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 14,2008 12:52am
bump.

toggletoggle post by kevinthesprigg at Mar 14,2008 1:39am
What is the lineup of Vital for this tour? I heard Antonio backed out of drum duties and is Dave even in the band anymore?

toggletoggle post by Diminishing between worlds at Mar 14,2008 9:14am
My personal opinion,Vital remains is not Vital remains with out Dave Suzuki. I can deal with the different singer every couple years,but Dave is a staple in that band. Rumor has it that Steve from Deicide will be playing drums,as for a vocalist...whoever is willing and ready I guess.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 14,2008 2:21pm
GO SUPPORT SIN OF ANGELS

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 15,2008 3:23am
ARENT YOU PLAYING THE SHOW WEIRDO?

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 15,2008 3:26am
RobinG said[orig][quote]

hey i can still tell what to do, like supporting SIN OF ANGELS

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 15,2008 3:33am
BOARD.GEEK.FAG

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 15,2008 3:34am
Quote that shit.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 15,2008 3:35am
RobinG said[orig][quote]
i'm bored and i like fags

oh how ive missed you

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 16,2008 12:29pm
OH JESUS

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 17,2008 6:56pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
Quote that shit.

RobinG said[orig][quote]
bump.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 17,2008 11:56pm
bump and grind.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 17,2008 11:57pm
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 18,2008 12:00am
GUESTLIST

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 12:02am
GUESTLIST

W3%20nli said[orig][quote]
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 18,2008 12:05am
I am guestlist 4-lyf

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 12:07am
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 12:18am
GUESTLIST IF YOU MYSPACE THE SHIT OUT OF THIS.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 18,2008 12:19am
wtf

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 12:39am
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 18,2008 12:40am
/stays home

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 12:42am
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 12:54am
aw rich I knew I could count on you!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 18,2008 12:55am
I'll shit on your life.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 18,2008 12:55am
I will myspace the shit out of OBSCENITY CULT RECORDING ARTISTS sin of angels

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 12:56am
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 12:57am
RobinG said[orig][quote]

hey i can still tell what to do, like supporting SIN OF ANGELS

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 12:57am
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 18,2008 12:57am
babbes

toggletoggle post by nickpelle at Mar 18,2008 3:28am

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 11:31am
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by kevinthesprigg at Mar 18,2008 12:04pm
So if there's no Dave...who is playing lead guitar? What the fuck, will vital ever have a stable lineup?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 12:30pm
Who knows the line-up just ask them on Myspace or something.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 2:02pm
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 10:25pm
Why are you such a fucking pestering nerd.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 10:26pm
Life's been easy without Throwing Shrapnel asking to get on every show.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 10:44pm
oh noes my feelings are crushed by your brooootal internets assult on my 2 year gone band.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 10:55pm
Is your new band have a bigbutt singer who sounds shitty and stands still too???

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 10:56pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
Is your new band have a bigbutt singer who sounds shitty and stands still too???

i dont know you can ask Zach to his face shitbag

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 10:57pm
ARE YOU ON HERE ALL DAY FARTBISCUIT

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 10:59pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
ARE YOU ON HERE ALL DAY FARTBISCUIT

ive actually been encrypted into the system, im part of it now.

EYEZZZZ ARE ONES WITH DA INTERNEEEETZZZZZZ

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 11:00pm
go promote this on myspace or something.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 11:08pm
wooooooooo go redsox

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 11:11pm
Whatever my dick could fit thru both your earlobes

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 11:11pm
Have fun getting sent home when tour is over

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 11:12pm
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 11:12pm
mad babbes

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 11:15pm
tits or GTFO

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 11:16pm
bradness show tits fag

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 18,2008 11:23pm
wooooooooo go redsox

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 11:24pm
fart

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Mar 18,2008 11:46pm
Badass.

Fart.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 11:51pm
BADASS FART DOOD

toggletoggle post by brad weymouth at Mar 18,2008 11:52pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
bradness show tits fag

was that directed at me? i'm naked right now regardless, just for you

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 18,2008 11:58pm
YES

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 19,2008 12:12am
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 19,2008 12:15am
i ewanna be nu black metal lady

i has horsecock faggits

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 19,2008 2:56am

toggletoggle post by HOBBIE ROCKER at Mar 19,2008 3:31am
RobinG said[orig][quote]
i ewanna be nu black metal lady

i has horsecock faggits

HOBBIE ROCKER!

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 19,2008 10:19am
got babes ?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 19,2008 1:12pm
IM A HOBBY ROCKER.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 19,2008 2:06pm
hi there

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Mar 19,2008 9:09pm
i think it makes me old... like, Dwyer-old... that i remember seeing Vital Remains (several times) when they were good / worth seeing (ie. pre-forever underground)

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 19,2008 10:49pm
i thought they were good when Rob sang for them and when joe lewis aka howard stern sang for them

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 19,2008 10:51pm
i thought they were good when Rob sang for them and when joe lewis aka howard stern sang for them

err Jeff

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 19,2008 10:53pm
Youll be there.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 19,2008 11:36pm
hi there

toggletoggle post by jonahismetal4life at Mar 20,2008 2:51am
ladies should feel free to party on the speed tour bus pre show.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 20,2008 11:16am

toggletoggle post by C.DEAD at Mar 20,2008 11:22am
Diminishing%20between%20worlds said[orig][quote]
My personal opinion,Vital remains is not Vital remains with out Dave Suzuki......

How can anyone in their right mind say that? He is so far from an original member it doesn't even matter. They haven't been good since "Forever Underground" anyways.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 20,2008 2:48pm
Who cares they'll still slaughter. Whens the last metal show been anyways? In Boston.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 20,2008 2:49pm
I myspaced the shit outta this faggot.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 20,2008 5:12pm
Nice rich thats why you get in free!

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 21,2008 5:08pm
oh that internet chatter will getcha

toggletoggle post by jesus the antichrist at Mar 23,2008 10:24pm
Diminishing%20between%20worlds said[orig][quote]
My personal opinion,Vital remains is not Vital remains with out Dave Suzuki. I can deal with the different singer every couple years,but Dave is a staple in that band. Rumor has it that Steve from Deicide will be playing drums,as for a vocalist...whoever is willing and ready I guess.

How can you say that? Tony Lazaro write's all the music!! Dave didn't join the band till after into cold darkness came out anyway. Dave Suziki is a great musician but everyone is replaceable.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 23,2008 10:26pm
I'm so there...

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Mar 23,2008 11:52pm
Anyone know why Dave Suzuki left?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 24,2008 12:41am
Nope.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 24,2008 1:10pm
TOP FOR THURSDAY

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 24,2008 4:52pm
Thursday.

toggletoggle post by Karma-Enema at Mar 24,2008 5:22pm
who the fuck cares....the last two albums were repetitious ..couldnt tell one track from another.

and can anyone get more full of themselves than robin?
its ok though , everyone will still kiss your ass for getting them on a bill

as for sexcrement......that would just make me stay home cuz they fookin blooooowwwwwww

my only regret posting this is bringing it back to the top of the forum

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 24,2008 9:06pm
I rather be full of my self then full of you.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 24,2008 9:21pm
I'd rather be full of eclairs.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 24,2008 9:25pm
Rich will go if he can blow anyone who can measure enough to make him gag.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Mar 24,2008 10:16pm
Karma-Enema said[orig][quote]
who the fuck cares....the last two albums were repetitious ..couldnt tell one track from another.

as for sexcrement......that would just make me stay home cuz they fookin blooooowwwwwww

You mean Icons of Evil was the same shit Not "the last two"

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 24,2008 10:30pm
Yeah I don't understand what that person just blurted just be happy it's not at the palladium.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 25,2008 10:24am
i gotta p00p

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 25,2008 12:56pm
g00bs

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 25,2008 1:14pm
Br00tal SAtanic AMerican Death Metal.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 25,2008 1:27pm
where, where's it at

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 25,2008 2:05pm
boosaamdm?

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 25,2008 2:08pm
i just heard rich horror and robin Gooooohue will mudd wrestling then jello wrestling before having to battle Tony for a mountain of cash at the end of this night.

be there or be Composted, oooooooooh booooooooooooiZing

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 25,2008 2:11pm
That band sucks.

I'll be sipping virginn daiquiris.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 25,2008 2:16pm
I didn't know that virgin daiquiris came in dildos.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 25,2008 2:17pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]

this gawy is on fyaaaaaaaaaaah

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 25,2008 2:22pm

I didn't know you don't know when I'm not fucking amused. Get fucked, cunt.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 25,2008 3:28pm
support boston metal.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 25,2008 4:51pm
More bitching about metal please.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 25,2008 11:07pm
more metal bitches hoe

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Mar 26,2008 12:39pm
just wanted to say that i've spent the last couple of nights watching the new VR lineup, and i think you'll all be pleased. that is, except for those of you who like to complain rather than appreciate things for what they are.
oh, and see you tomorrow.

rock n roll

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 26,2008 2:48pm
Yeah the new line up is sick, why else would they go on a US tour? Tickets available til 7pm today and tomorrow at mid East box office!

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 26,2008 5:02pm
I don't know of any bigger metal shows in Boston til September, come down support!

toggletoggle post by nickpelle at Mar 26,2008 5:04pm
unholy_dave said[orig][quote]
just wanted to say that i've spent the last couple of nights watching the new VR lineup, and i think you'll all be pleased. that is, except for those of you who like to complain rather than appreciate things for what they are.
oh, and see you tomorrow.

rock n roll

adding to this: HOLY SHIT...awesome.

toggletoggle post by DAVESUZUKISAYS at Mar 26,2008 5:35pm
I ALSO APPROVE OF THIS NEW LINE UP!!!!!! SICK

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 26,2008 5:37pm
I'd go if I wasn't married to my job.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 26,2008 5:40pm
It will be over by 1am.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 26,2008 5:44pm
Ohhh, wonderful. That leaves me with 40 mins to get home (1:40) and then 2 hrs and 20 mins to sleep before I have to get up. Seems plausible...

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 26,2008 5:57pm
Yeah Sleep all day show up and then stay up for work.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 26,2008 5:58pm
All day, uggghhhh....I guess that means when I'm working...
It is apparent that I am not scene enough. Shoot me.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 26,2008 6:01pm
I'm sorry. :( I give drunk shout out middle of Ramming Speeds set to you.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 26,2008 6:39pm
Considering my reputation, I'm not sure if it will be in your best interest to do so unless you want to be blacklisted.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 26,2008 10:05pm
racist.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 1:13pm
TOOOOOONIGHT!

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 2:16pm

toggletoggle post by dudeguy666 at Mar 27,2008 2:17pm
is glen benton not performing with them tonight?
$22 with no upside down cross forehead branding seems alot.
they do practice in pawtucket. just saying

toggletoggle post by todayistheday nli at Mar 27,2008 2:21pm
ya if it was like 12 bucks i'd go. i dont like any of the bands that much anyway. napalm death is playing tonight...but i dont even want to sit through the other bands to see them

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2008 2:39pm
I was just going to bump this thread.
pumped.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Mar 27,2008 2:41pm
Robin, Can I jew my way on to the list for tonight? I need to talk to you about a show but I'm broke as fuck. Just paid off all my probation fees and shit.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2008 2:51pm
the people in this thread that aren't going cause of blahblahblah are lame. Everyone bitches that VR doesn't play mass at all and then when they do, they bitch cause they are playing. If you miss this show, you are a retard. The middle east downstairs has one of the best sounding systems in new england. The guys from proselyte are awesome at getting that place to not sound like a long hallway that used t o be a bowling alley. Do less bitching and more going to a good show.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2008 2:52pm
and ND at the palladium downstairs will sound like a wall of crap unless you are sittign in the bathroom, at the sound booth or right in front of the stage.

toggletoggle post by Karma-Enema at Mar 27,2008 2:53pm
zyklon said[orig][quote]
Karma-Enema said[orig][quote]

You mean Icons of Evil was the same shit Not "the last two"

no i meant the last TWO albums...icons and dechristianize can get fucked ...waste of money.
they were good on let us pray and watching them doin local RI shows back in the day.......now they are just metal for complacent masses.
and of course robindouche is going to plug them. i would too if money were to be made by falsifying my thoughts.....no ..wait scratch that.

maybe something EMO's going on at the paladium instead......

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Mar 27,2008 3:03pm
Yeah, Robin is going to make shitloads of money tonight. You totally figured him out.
(Jeez, people are fucking stupid)

toggletoggle post by Karma-Enema at Mar 27,2008 3:09pm
Josh_Martin said[orig][quote]
Yeah, Robin is going to make shitloads of money tonight. You totally figured him out.
(Jeez, people are fucking stupid)

WHY DOES HE GET PAID IN BOOZE?

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Mar 27,2008 3:24pm
Robin, check your email

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 3:33pm
Who the fuck is Karma Enama calling a douche haha, someone did on a show or something. WAH.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 3:35pm
THERE IS NO OTHER BIG METAL SHOWS IN BOSTON TIL LATE SUMMER, COME GIVE ME A DOUCHE.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 3:36pm
ALSO I BOOK MY FRIENDS DON"T BITCH THAT YOU ARE NOT ONE OF MY FRIENDS.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 3:38pm
MAKE EXUCES TO STAY HOME. I'LL BE THERE. WITH BABBES.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 3:39pm
STAY HOME AND TYPE TO YOURSELF ON RTTP. haha you are the gayest bunch of dudes ever.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 3:42pm
It's funny when people think of me as a booking guy, think of me as the guy trying to make your scene better with a douche in his ass and 20,000 dollars in debt.

toggletoggle post by Karma-Enema at Mar 27,2008 3:43pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
Who the fuck is Karma Enama calling a douche haha, someone did on a show or something. WAH.
\

i called you a douche......and WTF does "someone did on a show or something"mean? hope all your promo work isnt put forth as such..else i dont see you doing your job very well....then again by the way you treat and talk to local bands i see the dissent they exhibit towards you...

the man in charge never cares about this though..cause hes the man.

you sure have a big head for the small amount you contribute the scene.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 3:53pm
WHERE DOES THIS GUY COME UP WITH THIS?

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 4:12pm
Whatever I went awol from Juvie to see Stryper, Loudness and TNT and caught a bible.

toggletoggle post by karma enema. at Mar 27,2008 4:33pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]
Whatever I went awol from Juvie to see Stryper, Loudness and TNT and caught a bible.

that rules

toggletoggle post by Karma-Enema at Mar 27,2008 4:34pm
forget to put - between them so it really looks like me

toggletoggle post by Karma-Enema at Mar 27,2008 4:36pm
RobinG said[orig][quote]

MAYBE I COME UP WITH THIS SHIT FROM POSTS LIKE THIS.

AND YES CAPS ARE LOCKED!

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Mar 27,2008 4:59pm
the people in this thread that aren't going cause of blahblahblah are lame. Everyone bitches that VR doesn't play mass at all and then when they do, they bitch cause they are playing. If you miss this show, you are a retard. The middle east downstairs has one of the best sounding systems in new england. The guys from proselyte are awesome at getting that place to not sound like a long hallway that used t o be a bowling alley. Do less bitching and more going to a good show.

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Mar 27,2008 5:00pm
HAHA

toggletoggle post by fuckeverything at Mar 27,2008 5:19pm
ramming speed are my faovirte band praty mosh dblah blahlabhlhj

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 27,2008 5:48pm
fuckeverything said[orig][quote]
ramming speed are my faovirte band praty mosh dblah blahlabhlhj
ha, sounds like this dude started the party a little early.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2008 6:07pm
I'm heading down in and hour or so. Rick Horror, I want pizza at that grease pit next door.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Mar 27,2008 8:34pm
eager to hear everyone's appraisal of Vital's set

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2008 8:44pm
strong intention just finished. don't be lame. get down here.

toggletoggle post by diminishingbetweenworlds at Mar 27,2008 8:49pm
Considering that Tony is everyone's "local favorite guy",Im sure the praise will be plentiful. Im a fan from way back,however Icons just didn't do it for me. I hear they got some dude from Ma singing,from some local band that didn't make it. I liked Anthony,and that bald kid who sang for them at the first metal fest @the palladium. Wanted to see monstrosity,but I'll wait till May when they play with Grave. Im not in the mood to pay $22 to see certain members of a certain band play rockstars all night.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 27,2008 8:55pm
"from some local band that didn't make it"

ugh.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2008 9:30pm

strong intention: very quick set. They were sporting our own W3 on bass. Fast and catchy songs. The drummer is the best part oof the band for me. Sometimes itzs grovey, but most of the time, it's phobia/grind. Smc looked blinded by the light the entire set. There was a little moshing but I couldn't see behind me to see who it was.

ramming speed: a bit more energetic with all those bros on stage than SI. They go by the beard and long hair mantra. If you don't follow it, you can get out of the band. At denim and cheap beer and the last time these guys would have been righteous was 1982. that is until the modern day thrash revival. they looked a bit uncomfortable and cramped on the stage, but still rocked out.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2008 10:09pm

forever in terror: they had a lot of issues with their cabs. They were all like "daym son, we gonna play." then their cabs are all like "s'up. Nope"
Eventually, they go the cab working. I don't think it cut too much into their set. These guys are like the young bucks of the show. Blazing riffs, but some mosh pats so a lot of the people in the crowd hung back while their set passed by.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 28,2008 3:09am
pictures

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 28,2008 3:27am
Does anyone know who the dude who got dragged out by security was?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 28,2008 3:28am
was he bald?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 28,2008 3:30am
I couldn't tell. I kinda thought it was Dan for a second, but wasn't sure.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 28,2008 3:39am
yeah, dan got booted

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 28,2008 3:41am
haha, that rules. They carried him out like he was getting drawn and quartered.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Mar 28,2008 4:02am
haha, that rules. They carried him out like he was getting drawn and quartered.

Yes, that was Dan. It was completely ridiculous. Our friend, Elvis (yep... that really is his name) had just crowd surfed. A couple of minutes after that, Dan jokingly picked up Elvis and lifted him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Within about 2 seconds, a few security guards violently tackled them to the ground and dragged them away from the crowd. I saw one security guard get right up in Dan's face and yell, "You can't fucking do that shit here!!" Dan calmly nodded his head and said, "I didn't know that. I'm sorry." He and Elvis were both totally calm and rationally explaining to the security guards that they didn't realize what they did wasn't allowed.

The next thing I knew, there were about 4 security guards carrying Elvis out of the place. Then, about 5 of them tried to drag Dan out, but all of them combined could not make him move very far. Dan was obviously unhappy, but he didn't do anything violent. He just didn't want to move, and they didn't have the strength to make him walk up the stairs. He (and everyone else) thought it was ridiculous that they were kicking him out. He eventually walked out after the security people realized that there was no way they could make him move and that they should let Dan's friends handle it.

I felt like I was at Mark's Showplace.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Mar 28,2008 4:52am
When Tony finds his replacement, the VITAL REMAINS Tribute Band (REMAINING VITAL for a name, maybe?) can tour forever and ever.

toggletoggle post by scottfromzircon  at Mar 28,2008 5:34am
Tony will keep Vital alive bro..that's just the way it is. So that explains why the pit died down a little. Our buddy, Crazy Dan got kicked out.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 28,2008 7:08am
Scott congrats on joining vital, hopefully i'll catch you guys at metalfest.

toggletoggle post by MetalThursday  at Mar 28,2008 7:50am
Hahaha... I was Crazy Dan's ride so I split halfway through VR so he wouldn't have to stand out on the street all night. The club called the cops on him and pointed him out to the 2 officers who showed up outside and Dan just told them "I didn't do anything, they put their hands on me..." and they basically just asked him not to hang around there and they left. We walked around the corner to the front and then a really funny conversation happened between Dan & a sweet old Middle Eastern lady who works in the restaurant. Dan kept telling her that they had no reason to throw him out and she kept saying she understood but she was blocking the door the whole time like she thought Dan was going to make a rush for it and go back inside through the restaurant! Funny shit.

toggletoggle post by mortalis  at Mar 28,2008 9:42am
Scott congrats on joining vital, hopefully i'll catch you guys at metalfest.

seconded.

toggletoggle post by bradmann   at Mar 28,2008 11:22am

d00d siq ayeh gitah

toggletoggle post by MemzBob at Mar 28,2008 12:48pm
Who was on lead guitar and drums for this show? They both look like they're 12.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Mar 28,2008 1:02pm
the guitarist said he was 17

toggletoggle post by huh? at Mar 28,2008 1:51pm
The middle east downstairs has one of the best sounding systems in new england. The guys from proselyte are awesome at getting that place to not sound like a long hallway that used t o be a bowling alley.

Who are these people? And what are they doing? Nick rarely even does monitors down there. Whats the inside scoop you've been told?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 28,2008 2:07pm
neither of guys from the proselyte were working last night.

toggletoggle post by fishcakes at Mar 28,2008 2:48pm
how was the turnout?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 28,2008 4:01pm
It seemed like it was better than when VR was there with Grave and Dismember.

toggletoggle post by MaNoWaR at Mar 28,2008 4:07pm
Is what was mentioned previously by 'blue nli' true? Is it truly the end of DaveSuzuki?

toggletoggle post by fishcakes at Mar 28,2008 4:08pm
I wanted to go but i think I'm dying...

toggletoggle post by Pires at Mar 28,2008 4:11pm
what the fuck happened to Dave???

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Mar 28,2008 4:21pm
Dave apparently just decided to move on and focus on other things in his life. Mostly having a job and not being in a band i guess.
The new dudes are on point though, i hope they stick around.

toggletoggle post by MaNoWaR at Mar 28,2008 4:28pm
I agree. It was a hell of a lot better when VR was there with Grave and Dismember. A gigantic factor to that is DaveSuzuki.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 28,2008 4:39pm
I was talking about the turnout for this. It seemed like a better turnout than when they were here on the Grave/Dismember tour.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 28,2008 4:40pm
sin of angels: the first bands cleared out so a band with more gear that anyone else in the whole world could play. They had sooo many cabs. I think this the reason it took them so long to set up. That of course cut into their on stage time. The set sound was excellent on stage. So heavy. I did notice that the drums were drowned out a bit froom the stage and a little too loud in the PA. They are also back doown to a three piece. Weird cause they were just pumped too a four piece like a month ago. Lots of hoop-la about an old member coming back and then… 3 piece. They really got cut off in the end there. All of a sudden, bang… 5 minutes left.

monstrosity: something was up with the drums so it took them super long to get set up. I really thought they were going to suck at that point. I was just getting tired... And standing there in the front was tiring. Damn, getting old. Anyhow, they started off and it was great. Honestly, besides the fact that they only had one guitar player, it sounded better than the CDs (mostly the live CD). Especially the vocals. A lot of the stuff on CD is a mixture of Cannibal and Morbid Angel. It sounded more like MA with guttural-ish vocals. The 1 guitarist thing was more evident when that old bass player came out for one song and the guitar broke. When that bass dude was playing, it looked like he was doing a lot of playing… but I couldn’t really hear anything at all. For me, monstrosity sort of stole the show. So much better than even I thought that they would be. It sucked that they sort of got cut short since I originally thought they were headlining.

Vital Remains: I’m going to be pretty honest. Tony is going to keep this band going even though it’s not really vital anymore, but a bunch of new guys and Tony playing VR songs. My one critique here is that I wish they would update the myspace/home page with the current members and not the most money members. Tony does look like he dropped 50lbs. It was awesome to find out that scott really was singing for them. He looks like the guy that I originally saw them. When he came out and started singing... it sucked. I don’t know what he was doing and not that I could do It any better, but it sounded like he was just trying to horsely exhale… like someone that lost their voice or something. After a song or 2, I left the front, shot from the side of the stage and they did the whole “let the killing begin” thing. At that point, I was back down in front and damn. Whatever scott had been doing with his vocals, he stopped. Maybe he was just trying too hard and failing at first cause after those first 20 minutes, he sounded so much better. That drummer was crazy good. Very tight playing. Though, I don’t think that’s his drum set. I would be willing to be that Dave left it and they are using it. There were way too many things there that you know watching him that he wasn’t going to be using. Dave’s critic of the guitar player was spot on. He played with amazing proficiency, but he just stood there looking at the guitar the whole time and needs to loosen up. That will come with time since he’s never really been in a band and all. I left when they still had like 20+ minutes left because I was really sleepy and knew at 6:30am I would get woken up.
Summary: tony needs to be more honest about the lineup. Scott needs to warm up first. The new kids need to loosen up. And the bass player doesn’t need to change at all.

toggletoggle post by MaNoWaR at Mar 28,2008 5:02pm
The new dudes maybe on point. But Dave's extrodinary playing and his banshee screams added so much dimension to the Vital sound. Without it things start to become one-dimensional.

toggletoggle post by pariahmessiah at Mar 28,2008 5:34pm
i thought soa sounded like a wet fart. monstrosity were freakin great. Vr
were good.seenem better.

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Mar 28,2008 5:50pm
pariahmessiah said[orig][quote]
i thought soa sounded like a wet fart.

haha, this is going in our "reviews" section for sure. although to be honest, i think just the bass sounds like a wet fart.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Mar 28,2008 5:52pm
Well reverend Tony doesn't need to be honest about the line-up since they're only there for touring. VR is Tony, Dave(hopefully) & Glen.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 28,2008 6:32pm
well then list that somewhere. so people have a clue what they are going to see and not a potluck.

toggletoggle post by Jonahspeed at Mar 28,2008 6:44pm
I thought sin of angels were the best band there, haha.

..besides.. you know... forever in terror..

toggletoggle post by shannon at Mar 28,2008 7:04pm
"potluck",haha... I really wanted to see Monstrosity,I think they are playing metal fest,if not I'll have to wait till May when they come around with Grave.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Mar 28,2008 7:31pm edited Mar 28,2008 7:32pm
well then list that somewhere. so people have a clue what they are going to see and not a potluck.

Who cares if Tony changes the line-up everytime VR goes on tour. I'm not there to see faces just enjoy metal, though I gotta admit it was deceiving when they posted "featuring members of Deicide" Yeah Right!!!!

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Mar 28,2008 7:33pm
Jonahspeed said[orig][quote]
I thought sin of angels were the best band there, haha.

..besides.. you know... forever in terror..

I almost fell asleep during their set

toggletoggle post by Jonahspeed at Mar 29,2008 12:28pm
then you probably weren't head banging hard enough.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Mar 29,2008 2:49pm

I went with my wife, and we caught Sin of Angels, Monstrosity and almost half of Vital Remains. (I had to get up early and they went on a half hour later than posted) She thought Monstrosity was better than Vital, but I thought Vital were better (for what I saw).

I wish Dave was up there, mostly because I just like him personally. I've known Tony for years and years, and he is Vital Remains. Although Dave is clearly very important for the last 3-4 albums, Tony is the last original member.

They are getting flak in the New England area for this constant "guess who?" approach to band members. It makes total sense to me. People become friends with band members who turn out to not be band members. A lot of people were disappointed to not see Anthony sing on the last LP. I think that nationally, people aren't as critical, because everyone was viewing it as being a Tony and Dave band. If they had more of a "band" instead of a studio with touring musicians approach, the flak wouldn't be so bad. The Rev is right about them needing to post up who is in and who is out. Of course, Vital are notoriously slow to ever update their stuff online anyway.

During the show, I thought that my interest in Vital might be fading. I have liked them since their 1989 demo, and I have seen them way more times than I can remember. I thought - with Dave out - that maybe I am not so into them anymore. But what the fuck - since the show I've been listening to Icons of Evil for a couple days on repeat. So apparaetly I'm still into them, hopefully the next album will keep me there.

I assume that they only played songs from the last two albums right? Did they play anything older after I left?

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Mar 29,2008 3:04pm
I assume that they only played songs from the last two albums right? Did they play anything older after I left?

pretty sure that lead player wasnt old enough to know VR existed before 'dechristianize.'

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Mar 29,2008 3:10pm
they didn't have a ton of time to rehearse this lineup before the tour; i'm guessing they just went with the "hits" and stuff the new dudes knew pretty well.
as far as i know, they do plan on doing more older songs in the future.

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Mar 29,2008 3:11pm
oh, and thanks jonah...you guys were my favorite band there too, haha

toggletoggle post by KevinTheSprigg at Mar 29,2008 6:57pm
I thought I remember in all of Vital's myspace posting looking for guitarists and drummers, it specifically stated that you had to be over 21. Weird. It looks like a couple kids and their big goofy uncle.

I know Tony is responsible for the majority of the writing and whatnot, but a Suzuki-less Vital just doesn't seem very interesting to me. Especially when it comes to the live show. Dave had a fantastic presence and really seemed to give it his all. Hell, the intensity of that guy's backing vocals alone eclipsed those of mostly any death metal frontman I've ever seen.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Mar 30,2008 12:15am
KevinTheSprigg said[orig][quote]
It looks like a couple kids and their big goofy uncle.

Hahah thats how I felt when I was playing with Belphegor , considering the bassist and drummer are the same age as me.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Mar 30,2008 3:57pm
hey, at least VR didn't set up merch, take their guarantee and split

*cough* LONG ISLAND *cough*

toggletoggle post by demondave at Mar 30,2008 7:49pm
GoatCatalyst said[orig][quote]
hey, at least VR didn't set up merch, take their guarantee and split

*cough* LONG ISLAND *cough*

Monstrosity?

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Mar 30,2008 8:17pm
pretty sure Vital pulled a stunt like that not long ago on Long Island...

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Mar 30,2008 8:24pm
perhaps i'm thinking of another band...

oh well... viva slander

toggletoggle post by KevinTheSprigg at Mar 30,2008 8:34pm
Yeah, I also heard that story regarding Vital and Long Island. I've heard a couple stories now regarding vital and shady money issues. Oh well...none of my business really.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Mar 30,2008 8:38pm

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Mar 30,2008 9:15pm
wow

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Mar 30,2008 9:49pm
AUTOPSY_666 said[orig][quote]
SMN loves VR...

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=181338

Obviously Lazaro Remains would make for a more appropriate band name

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Mar 30,2008 10:12pm
GoatCatalyst said[orig][quote]
perhaps i'm thinking of another band...

oh well... viva slander

no sir. you are indeed correct. new york, porphyria/intestinal strangulation/unmerciful/vital remains, july 29, 2007. the band with the shortest drive home took all the money and didnt play.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Mar 30,2008 10:32pm
They fucked the other bands over?

toggletoggle post by Josh Martin NLI at Mar 31,2008 6:58pm
Fun show. The security guys were gayer than 8 guys blowing 9guys though. One of them realized that it wasn't beer in my cup but the Cisco I snuck in and made me dump it out. Fine, but then he starts lecturing me on how the bartenders work mostly for tips and "its really not cool, man" to bring your own drinks in. Fuck you, if I could afford to drink at the beer and pay $3 for a friggin PBR I wouldn't be drinking a $3 fifth of Cisco in the first place.

I will miss asking Dave if he's the guy from Loudness.

toggletoggle post by Josh Martin NLI at Mar 31,2008 7:04pm
Oh yeah, someone got shot at Hi Fi the next night. That rules.

toggletoggle post by TearsOvGods  at Mar 31,2008 7:04pm
Josh? I though you were in jail? Either they have the interweb in jail or your sorry ass is out by now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 31,2008 7:38pm
wow.. hi fi's got a tough crowd..

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 31,2008 7:40pm
I bet it was Mustache John.

toggletoggle post by scottfromzircon  at Apr 4,2008 1:05pm
Yes, I will admit the first song for me was a little rough but at it's worst I still blow away the last singer. The drum set belongs to us. Tony just bought that drum set. The only thing we took off Daves set were the bass drum heads that Tony paid for anyway. All the hardwear for the set belongs to our drummer ,Kaish.

I like how people only post the negative but not the positive. We are crushing america right now so eat that you fucking cackers!!

toggletoggle post by everyone at Apr 4,2008 1:47pm
haha! until he throws you out when he gets done with you

toggletoggle post by shannon at Apr 4,2008 4:25pm
scottfromzircon said[orig][quote]
Yes, I will admit the first song for me was a little rough but at it's worst I still blow away the last singer. The drum set belongs to us. Tony just bought that drum set. The only thing we took off Daves set were the bass drum heads that Tony paid for anyway. All the hardwear for the set belongs to our drummer ,Kaish.

I like how people only post the negative but not the positive. We are crushing america right now so eat that you fucking cackers!!

I thought this said"eat that you fucking crackers". I was about to be like "yo don't be a racist and shit".

toggletoggle post by everyone at Apr 4,2008 4:48pm
I think he ment crackers

toggletoggle post by scottfromzircon  at Apr 12,2008 6:27pm
cacker-a person that has nothing better to do but talk shit

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 12,2008 7:23pm
Yes, I will admit the first song for me was a little rough but at it's worst I still blow away the last singer.

HA! I love how everyone thinks that.

The drum set belongs to us. Tony just bought that drum set. The only thing we took off Daves set were the bass drum heads that Tony paid for anyway. All the hardwear for the set belongs to our drummer ,Kaish.

yeah, he told me that after. I just saw the heads.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Apr 12,2008 9:04pm
thanks for clearing that up

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 12,2008 10:35pm
where as cracker = honky
thank you george jefferson.

toggletoggle post by oh noes at Apr 13,2008 12:32am
unholy_dave said[orig][quote]
they didn't have a ton of time to rehearse this lineup before the tour.

a month isnt enough time to rehearse

We are crushing america right now so eat that you fucking cackers!!

and by 50 - 125 people a night then america sure is a small country

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Aug 25,2009 11:30pm
Twas at this show!

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Aug 25,2009 11:31pm
boblovesmusic said[orig][quote]
Twas at this show!

and you didn't even say hi, you asshole.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Aug 25,2009 11:32pm
boblovesmusic said[orig][quote]
Twas at this show!

and you didn't even say hi, you asshole.

That was before I knew anyone, except Jonah. Haha

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][9:12:16am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.12832 secs/28 queries]
[search][refresh page]