New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Have you ever tripped on LSD and recorded music? by CNV on Feb 3,2008 3:54pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by CNV at Feb 3,2008 3:54pm
I have been dying to do this... I don't know where to get it though. Anyone ever done this?

Think about it... If you did acid in a controlled environment out in the woods (or away from humans) with some recording gear I bet you could come up with some amazing stuff...

toggletoggle post by CNV at Feb 3,2008 4:05pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2008 4:28pm
when you aren't tripping, the amazing music isn't so amazing

toggletoggle post by CNV at Feb 3,2008 4:42pm
Pink Floyd, The Doors, King Crimson

c'mon now rev... I did some thinking about this. You don't see this kind of music anymore for a reason. People don't think on these sorts of levels anymore... Everything is at a surface level, a consumer attitude, a materialistic way of thought. This music has been kicked aside in favor of plastic shite that's message is cookie cutter and materialistic... There is no thinking outside the box and if there is it is marginalized. It's marginalized because it is subversive and dangerous to the ones orchestrating the mindless assembly line drones that you are forced to come in contact with on a daily basis...

"A psychedelic experience is a journey to new realms of consciousness. The scope and content of the experience is limitless, but its characteristic features are the transcendence of verbal concepts, of space-time dimensions, and of the ego or identity. Such experiences of enlarged consciousness can occur in a variety of ways: sensory deprivation, yoga exercises, disciplined meditation, religious or aesthetic ecstasies, or spontaneously. Most recently they have become available to anyone through the ingestion of psychedelic drugs such as LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, DMT, etc. Of course, the drug does not produce the transcendent experience. It merely acts as a chemical key—it opens the mind, frees the nervous system of its ordinary patterns and structures."

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2008 4:45pm
oh I agree, but my experiments failed. probably cause I have no talent.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Feb 3,2008 5:10pm
Maybe you're looking in all the wrong places rev

toggletoggle post by PAGANMEGAN   at Feb 3,2008 6:02pm
Trey Azagthoth records his leads on LSD. He proves it can be done, and done DAMN well

toggletoggle post by trees at Feb 3,2008 6:07pm
yeah dude, drop a couple tabs, set up your recording shit while its kickin in then smoke a bowl and hit the record button

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2008 7:08pm

toggletoggle post by INFECT  at Feb 3,2008 8:31pm
fuck, i also have been dying to do this. i used to get acid all the time, but back then i didn't have good recording equipment. i have written some excellent riffs on acid, and they still sound good to this day

toggletoggle post by BSV at Feb 3,2008 10:39pm
SEXCREMENT has rehearsed a few times under the influence of lsd and mushrooms. It has proven to be an intense and incredible experience.
Have you ever tripped before? Is CNV turning hippy???

toggletoggle post by YetiNLI at Feb 3,2008 10:42pm
i could only imagine that tripping and making music would be one hell of an experience. though i don't know how you could function long enough to create something coherent. i went out and tripped in a sand pit in the middle of the woods one time, in the middle of the summer on a full moon, and i thought about how awesome it would be to record something, but i really don't think i could have functioned at all.

toggletoggle post by Fuck_Logging_In_NLI at Feb 3,2008 11:19pm
I think it depends on the intensity of the trip and the user himself. If Its at the peak your playing will be erratic and you'll have trouble concentrating. But if you're way past the peak you'll have an easier time. Same with your expirence with the drug.
Also are you just doing improv or are you playing music you're familiar with?
Another thing is you can try to write music while tripping, and you'll probably write a interesting riff or two, but I doubt you'd be able to write a complete song.

toggletoggle post by CMTAIB at Feb 3,2008 11:57pm
have you heard our band?

toggletoggle post by CNV at Feb 4,2008 3:28am
BSV said:
SEXCREMENT has rehearsed a few times under the influence of lsd and mushrooms. It has proven to be an intense and incredible experience.
Have you ever tripped before? Is CNV turning hippy???

Haha, I have done lsd and mushrooms before... I am in no way turning hippy.

toggletoggle post by CNV at Feb 4,2008 3:40am

LSD man.... Ya dig?

toggletoggle post by sever at Feb 4,2008 7:14am
its too bad that you need a masters in chemistry to even attempt to synthesize acid.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 4,2008 8:01am
what, you no wanna make flipperbabies? HOW MANY FLIPPERBABIES!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 4,2008 11:01am
My guitarist writes crazy shit when he's high, but my drummer can't keep a beat so it cancels itself out.

toggletoggle post by brad weymouth at Feb 4,2008 11:56am
xmikex said:
My guitarist writes crazy shit when he's high, but my drummer can't keep a beat so it cancels itself out.

ouch

i've recorded, played shows, and practiced all on mushrooms or lsd...always a great time.

sex while on mushrooms is unreal

toggletoggle post by BSV at Feb 4,2008 2:23pm
The last time we played, a convicted felon sat in our on practice, totally wasted and proceeded to body slam our space mate on our table, tackle the giant black chef who works at the bar across the street, shadow box mosh the shit out of the air; all the while we were laughing hysterically, hiding on the side of the stage trying not to get hit ripping it the fuck up.
Played good too.
The best though is when you find those certain riffs and with a little magic you end up pounding them into the ground over and over, slower and slower, that's true magic.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Feb 4,2008 3:39pm

bennyhillifier

hahahahahahaha
Brain Salad Surgery by Emerson Lake and Palmer all the way

toggletoggle post by brad weymouth at Feb 4,2008 3:46pm
thuringwethil said:

bennyhillifier

hahahahahahaha
Brain Salad Surgery by Emerson Lake and Palmer all the way

that was the dumbest thing i've ever seen

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 4,2008 3:48pm
Awww, c'mon. I love The Baby, the Immigrant, and the Guy on Mushrooms!

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Feb 4,2008 3:53pm
I personally think it depends on the substance. i have played/recorded on lsd/lsa and think it works great, even better with mescaline but much much worse on dmt. All psychedelics are totally different, the phenethylamine ones are fantastic for playing with all the energy you get. (these are the hallucinogenic versions of amphetamines.. mescaline, 2cb, etc..) tryptamine derivatives are not so hot for playing, due to the sedative/euphoric feelings you get from them its real hard to keep your energy up. even with these though, there still is great metal to be made but it may come out a bit more doomesque.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Feb 4,2008 4:11pm
DestroyYouAlot said:
Awww, c'mon. I love The Baby, the Immigrant, and the Guy on Mushrooms!

some of us are just plain highbrow.

toggletoggle post by eat_a_bag_of_dead_dix at Feb 5,2008 2:05am
I went to a wake on acid.I don't recommend it.

toggletoggle post by corpus_colostomy at Feb 5,2008 9:36am
my best friend and i did much LSD and tried to stay extremely spontaneous about it to challenge our 'abilities,' to see just what the fuck we were made of...some highlights:
-drove from burlington, VT to montreal, canada (pre 9-11).
-played a high school lacrosse game: had 3 dishes, 2 goals and 8 penalty minutes.
-had another incident in highschool, where i took 4 tabs of orange sunshine and meandered through wompatuk state park for 2 days straight pondering unified theory and fibonacci sequences. i slept in a mossy bog for the night.

acid was the most economical drug/catalyst:

1 hit = 5 bucks/ up to 8 hours of "experience."

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Feb 5,2008 10:29am

toggletoggle post by omniscient one at Feb 5,2008 8:43pm
not far into the future a band will emerge with good relevence to the topic of this forum... i have spoken

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][6:54:55am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01921 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]