New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Cynic prepares new album by brian_dc on Jan 17,2008 3:09pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jan 17,2008 3:09pm
"Quality technical metal connoisseurs and open-minded music-lovers in general will be delighted to hear that Florida's legendary Cynic have returned to creative power after a successful European reunion tour in the Summer of 2007 and will soon be recording a new album, their second after 1993's genre-shattering "Focus" debut.

Cynic founding members Paul Masvidal (guitars/vocals) and Sean Reinert (drums), who both gained reputation and praise while performing alongside Chuck Schuldiner and Death in the recording and touring line-up for the milestone album "Human," are currently in Sanford, Florida, working on the mix for three new demo tracks together with producer Jason Suecof (Trivium, Chimaira, The Black Dahlia Murder, Devildriver, etc.) at his own Audiohammer Studios. The three new tracks are entitled "Integral Birth," "Evolutionary Sleeper" and "Adam's Murmur" but Masvidal and Reinert have already written a full album's worth of new material and the band will use the demo to begin talks with record companies about a 2008 release.

Masvidal comments, "I'm amazed that we're here again, and that is a testament to the unpredictable beauty of the creative process. We received so much inspiration during last summer's reunion tour that a flood of new material has since poured out of us. There must be a default metal root in us from childhood that insists on being watered and loved, so we're just trying to keep up with ourselves—the Cynic sirens are screaming inside and won't let up! Our policy has always been about surrendering to what feels most organic and staying in the flow. To put it mildly, this last year has been a creatively abundant and productive period. We're intoxicated about now and the future."

More news on Cynic's recording and touring plans will soon be announced, and a new website will soon be launched at http://www.Cyniconline.com. The long-standing website covering all Cynic-related projects can be found at http://www.Cynicalsphere.com."

-lambgoat.com
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Cynic

toggletoggle post by detazathoth  at Jan 17,2008 3:24pm edited Jan 17,2008 3:32pm
it won't will ever live up to Focus

\b\

toggletoggle post by NorthernFrost at Jan 17,2008 4:12pm
I don't know how I feel about this. It's always these bands that make legendary albums then years later make new albums that are just not up to par. It always ruins the experience for me.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jan 17,2008 4:15pm
you guys are being pretty CYNICal about this

ooooooooooooooooooooh

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jan 17,2008 4:42pm
detazathoth said:
it won't will ever live up to Focus

\b\

yes it will

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jan 17,2008 4:45pm

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jan 17,2008 4:55pm
my fat cripple jew will make fine of this

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][10:54:06am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.00923 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]