New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> In Flames still sucks, signs to Koch... by Pires on Jan 17,2008 10:13am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Pires at Jan 17,2008 10:13am
In Flames has officially signed a deal with Koch Records for the North American release of their new album, "A Sense Of Purpose." The group's last effort was released in North America via Ferret Music, while prior releases were handled by Nuclear Blast Records (who will release the new In Flames effort in Europe). "A Sense Of Purpose" will hit stores on April 1st.
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

In Flames

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 17,2008 10:18am
They need to get a sense to break up.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jan 17,2008 10:21am
haha...I hope this shows up on the front page with that title

toggletoggle post by aril at Jan 17,2008 10:24am
Seriously, ever since Bjorn took over on guitar the band has sucked. I don't care what anyone says, I still like Whoracle and pre-Whoracle. I liked the melodies that Jesper used to write.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 17,2008 10:52am
This band does suck.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 17,2008 10:56am
Whoracle I'm on the fence with - Jotun is such a majestic song, and the rest of it's pretty cool (although I like the older version of "Gyroscope" better), but after that I can't even listen. Jester's Race for me is the pinnacle of their stuff, and it's downhill after that.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jan 17,2008 12:25pm
DestroyYouAlot said:
Jester's Race for me is the pinnacle of their stuff, and it's downhill after that.

i concur

not even joking - i interviewed bjorn on the colony tour and asked him what he's been listening to lately and homeboy was ADAMANT about his and the band's LOVE for the Backstreet Boys. something like "we listen to it all thee time on thee bus... great for party. ya!"

toggletoggle post by DaveFromTheGrave  at Jan 17,2008 12:26pm
Is is any coincidence that their new record label is pronounced "cock?"

toggletoggle post by Timma at Jan 17,2008 12:29pm
Jester Race is a great album I think. I saw them at the Palladium a few years ago and boy do they suck it hard playing live...

toggletoggle post by cav nli at Jan 17,2008 2:16pm
i like all in flames even the last album.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jan 17,2008 2:58pm
Ahahahaha!!!

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jan 17,2008 3:05pm
wow....

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 17,2008 3:13pm
where the wild things live.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 17,2008 3:17pm

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Jan 17,2008 3:18pm
Although it's been years since I've listened to any of their shit, I can still dig their old shit like Lunar Strain, The Jester Race, Whoracle...even Colony. After that, they reeeeeaaaaaallly started to such major dick just like (ironically at the same time) Soilwork. Fuck! Chainheart Machine and Steelbath Suicide are two killer albums. I remember thinking "WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!" When I first heard Natural Born Chaos.

toggletoggle post by Chris_From_Shit_Fuck  at Jan 17,2008 3:26pm
Everything up to Colony, after that not so much.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jan 17,2008 3:28pm
I would be thrilled if I never heard In Flames ever again.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 17,2008 7:13pm
the last good in flames album was whoracle. colony had some good songs, but was overall a weak album. everything after colony, is crap for the most part, with a few good songs scattered here and there. the last album was pure crap with no good songs at all.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 17,2008 7:16pm
Hungtableed said:
Although it's been years since I've listened to any of their shit, I can still dig their old shit like Lunar Strain, The Jester Race, Whoracle...even Colony. After that, they reeeeeaaaaaallly started to such major dick just like (ironically at the same time) Soilwork. Fuck! Chainheart Machine and Steelbath Suicide are two killer albums. I remember thinking "WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!" When I first heard Natural Born Chaos.

i liked soilwork up until stabbing the drama. that album sucked and i haven't heard the new one but it also apparently sucks. i liked natural born chaos and figure number five, despite the lack of guitar solos and more accessible sound. i thought it was well written stuff. my favorite albums by them are predator's portrait and chainheart machine. predator's portrait made them sound more unique and less like at the gates without going straight for the natural born chaos sound.

toggletoggle post by niflheim at Jan 18,2008 10:04am
In Flames was amazing when they played the palladium on their debut U.S. tour, which also happened to be the first Killswitch Engage show. Killswitch just sounded like bad Shadows Fall worship, but In Flames killed. Now, I could probably tolerate hearing Killswitch over newer In Flames; that's how bad they've become. Aren't they the same bands who told their original fanbase to "fuck off" for not accepting their new direction? The term "sell out" gets tossed around a lot but I think it applies perfectly to In Flamers.

toggletoggle post by faggums at Jan 18,2008 10:24am
Everything up to and including Clayman is great. All Soilwork up to and including Natural Born Chaos is great.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 18,2008 10:26am
faggums said:
Everything up to and including Clayman is great. All Soilwork up to and including Natural Born Chaos is great.

Username promises, post delivers.

toggletoggle post by faggums at Jan 18,2008 10:27am
I have many usernames. Eat my ass. Please.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 18,2008 10:29am
With gusto, sir; with gusto.

toggletoggle post by faggums at Jan 18,2008 10:33am
DestroyYouAlot said:
With pesto, sir; with pesto.

Sounds delicious

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jan 18,2008 10:38am
is pesto an italian condiment?

inquiring minds want to know

toggletoggle post by faggums at Jan 18,2008 10:47am
Pesto is a green sauce made from ground-up basil and other herbs and spices. It's eaten generally with pasta. And my asshole. It is awesome I'm surprised you don't know of it.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jan 18,2008 10:49am
i'm familiar with pesto. just wasn't sure of its utilitarian applications. i mean - ranch... we godfearing mericans can put that shit on just about anything for a zesty, tangy more-gooder-ing of the food you're putting it on. i was merely inquiring if the italians are fond of slathering pesto on random food products. or is your asshole the exception to the rule?

toggletoggle post by faggums at Jan 18,2008 10:50am
Aside from my asshole, pesto is also frequently eaten off my balls. By blacks. With balls.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 18,2008 10:52am
Pesto's good with pine nuts. Which, I suppose, would add a nice texture to the aforementioned tossed salad.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jan 18,2008 10:59am
so the blacks eat the pesto with balls? is this like the naan that the indians dip into the succulent curries?

toggletoggle post by faggums at Jan 18,2008 11:04am
GoatCatalyst said:
so the blacks eat the pesto with balls? is this like the naan that the indians dip into the succulent curries?

Yes the blacks eat the pesto off my balls and then we all dip our balls in jars of pesto and spread it on delicious bruschetta. Add some mozarella and a tomato slice or two and you have yourself a classy and simple-to-make party treat.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jan 18,2008 11:07am
sir, how would you feel about catering my dog's bat mitzvah?

do you supply the negroes or would you wish to dip into my private reserve?

toggletoggle post by Timma at Jan 18,2008 11:08am
From "In Flames sucks" to "Pesto is awesome, especially with texture"

Amazing.

toggletoggle post by faggums at Jan 18,2008 11:10am
The negroes tend to get rowdy when you keep em in the back of the truck for too long, and I'd rather not endure their grunting and hollering all the way to CT, so if you could supply the negro stock that would be quite a convenience.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jan 18,2008 11:13am
my private reserve is coveted the world over. you will be the envy of the entire pestorealm.

toggletoggle post by sigh at Jan 18,2008 4:38pm
Everything went to shit when Glenn left and Bjorn took over on guitar. Then of course Jesper stopped caring about what they sounded like. I heard a rumor a while back that when they were touring with slipknot they asked them how to get popular in the US. I guess the answer was play shitty music and look as gay as possible. I didn't think it was possible for Anders to get any gayer than he was but he seems to have pulled it off quite exceptionally.

R.I.P. Old In Flames.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][9:53:12pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01802 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]