New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> video game cover band by George on Jan 12,2004 2:35am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by George   at Jan 12,2004 2:35am
to clarify any rumors you may have heard, adam and i are indeed starting a video game metal cover band, because we simply are that cool.

we are not restricting ourselves to just megaman, we will also be doing castlevania, mean bean machine, and whatever else we think up.

jay will probably be playing drums, i just need to ask him, im sure he's not going to be very opposed.
we need a keyboardist. and possibly another guitarist, because there are lots of harmony.

if anyone has any suggestions to songs they'd like to hear covered, post them here.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Jan 12,2004 3:35am

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jan 12,2004 4:27am
moran said:

although good, very limited. same with Game Over. they just do NES songs. we shall be doing NES, Genesis, SNES, GBA, PSX, NEO GEO... whatever else has good rockin music.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jan 12,2004 5:18am
Give me tabs, I will play them at up to 26x their original speeds.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jan 12,2004 5:20am
There were a ton of video game metal cover bands on mp3.com, though since it got shut down I can only remember the one I have mp3s of: The NESkimos. Also, Vomitron did the best cover ever and we will never be able to top it no matter what.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jan 12,2004 6:06am
yeah but they were gay and limited. NESkimos are crap. We are gonna be bad ass though... because we are extreme metal heads. we need a clever moniker... for some reason i have a Megaman X based name in mind... "The Maverick Hunters"... but obviously it will be discussed... just watch out for tetris with blast beats

toggletoggle post by Lynneaus  at Jan 12,2004 9:30am
DeOdiumMortis said:
. Also, Vomitron did the best cover ever and we will never be able to top it no matter what.

heheh Vomitron has a following that i found out about in Canada... i think its funny... Rutcho is the man.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Jan 12,2004 10:49am
DeOdiumMortis said:
Give me tabs, I will play them at up to 26x their original speeds.

http://www.kontek.net/vgjam/

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jan 12,2004 2:11pm
Excellent.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jan 12,2004 5:20pm
*casts life2 on thread*

toggletoggle post by jay-ganihm  at Jan 12,2004 7:31pm
George said:
to clarify any rumors you may have heard, adam and i are indeed starting a video game metal cover band, because we simply are that cool.

we are not restricting ourselves to just megaman, we will also be doing castlevania, mean bean machine, and whatever else we think up.

jay will probably be playing drums, i just need to ask him, im sure he's not going to be very opposed.
we need a keyboardist. and possibly another guitarist, because there are lots of harmony.

if anyone has any suggestions to songs they'd like to hear covered, post them here.

oh my god! HELL YEAH I'LL PLAY DRUMS!

toggletoggle post by heartless   at Jan 12,2004 9:03pm
i will give you money to cover a Gradius III song. i will keep an eye out for this project.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 12,2004 9:06pm
why don't you join it, mosh head?

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jan 12,2004 9:13pm
we really need a keyboard player right now.. after that... we will get a second guitarist.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Jan 12,2004 9:49pm
You should definately do Gauntlet.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jan 13,2004 2:17am
TheGreatSpaldino said:
we really need a keyboard player right now.. after that... we will get a second guitarist.

[already offered to do the latter, doodoo-nose]

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jan 13,2004 3:04am
DeOdiumMortis said:

[already offered to do the latter, doodoo-nose]

*knows*

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 13,2004 3:54am edited Jan 13,2004 3:54am
cover the entire soundtrack of Contra 1, it's only like 7 minutes long, and Double Dragon which as my girlfriend once pointed out is where all the Gothenburg bands stole their riffs from.

toggletoggle post by heartless   at Jan 13,2004 6:10pm
the_reverend said:
why don't you join it, mosh head?

sorry, for i am a little weiner from southern CT without modes of transportation. when i can get up off my lazy ass and make money to support the car then... well i gotta finish Mountain CLimbing mode with Chris Redfield, after that i can go find a job, maybe, if doom3 doesnt come out before then

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Hell-ish Fatalistic Kinsmen
[default homepage] [print][9:59:04pm Apr 17,2024
load time 0.01416 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]