End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> College by Y_Ddraig_Goch on Dec 26,2007 2:34pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Y_Ddraig_Goch  at Dec 26,2007 2:34pm
if fooking lame

couldn't get money from the gov because apparently supporting myself barely, and having good grades is not as good as being oprhaned, crippled, mentally ill, criminal, or black...

I don't get why some people can go to school for free, or get free money for falling under such categories.

But a hardworking, honest, European male with good grades has to take out loans and go into debt in order to get an education.

My kids will surely grow up in Europe where college is better funded.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 26,2007 2:45pm
if fooking lame

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 26,2007 3:03pm

toggletoggle post by Mess at Dec 26,2007 3:06pm
i know what you mean
assfuckingbackwards

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 26,2007 3:08pm
I enjoyed going to college very much.

As did the girls who were nice enough to invite me there.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 26,2007 3:24pm
become an illegal imigrant.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 26,2007 3:46pm
maybe I should just pretend I'm handicapped in some way.

toggletoggle post by MassOfTwoSlits nli at Dec 26,2007 4:15pm
Go to a community college or go techincal. Aren't those cheaper with less semesters to pay for?

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 26,2007 4:25pm
MassOfTwoSlits nli said:
Go to a community college or go techincal. Aren't those cheaper with less semesters to pay for?

I do, still too much money, at the one I go to anyways.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 26,2007 4:32pm
It really sucks how many people that barely get by cannot get financial aid. Especially when I share classrooms with C students who don't give a fuck about school but don't pay a dime to go.

I'm lucky, I get enough aid to keep me in school. Hopefully I'll get to keep it up when I transfer to UMASS in the fall.

If you get really good grades you should go after scholarships. You ought to have an honors program and access to Phi Theta Kappa, both of which give you a lot of opportunities. I'm getting an entire semester's reimbursement just for completing my honors reqs. My friend who is in your boat just won nomination for the Jack Kent Cook scholarship which would set her for years if she gets it...it's worth a try.

toggletoggle post by tylernli at Dec 26,2007 4:42pm
if i could start over, i would have definitely gone to a state school where i would have been paying alot less and getting better grades.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Dec 26,2007 7:02pm
DestroyYouAlot said:
I enjoyed going to college very much.

As did the girls who were nice enough to invite me there.

FACT!

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Dec 26,2007 8:34pm
i'm content with just floating through this life.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 26,2007 8:38pm
i'm waiting until i turn 24 when more goverment grants become available to me.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 26,2007 8:55pm
go forth and find thy self.
my dad helped me a bit, but i still came out with over 20k in loans. but i got out and aid $1100-$1500 for 19 months (except for the month i paid cash for a new used car). cost me more than all my camera gear, but it was so worth it. best times. i wish i could go back, but my lifestyle is addicted to my benjamins.

i was suose to go back to get a master's degree, but then my company moved and the college was too far away.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 27,2007 9:19am
I was lucky in a few places: I went to a tech high school (for electronics), and I was smart enough to float through school with zero effort (for the most part). There would've been no way for my folks to pay for college, and I just didn't bother to get good grades in high school, so I fucked myself out of any scholarship money with sheer laziness. I managed to finagle the electronics certificate into getting my foot in the door repairing copiers, and sorta Gilliganed my way into the IT biz from there. YMMV.

toggletoggle post by Horror_Tang  at Dec 27,2007 9:56am
Y_Ddraig_Goch said:
if fooking lame

couldn't get money from the gov because apparently supporting myself barely, and having good grades is not as good as being oprhaned, crippled, mentally ill, criminal, or black...

I don't get why some people can go to school for free, or get free money for falling under such categories.

But a hardworking, honest, European male with good grades has to take out loans and go into debt in order to get an education.

My kids will surely grow up in Europe where college is better funded.

You should go post this over at http://www.aryan-front.com/ . You should get a hell of a lot more sympathy over there. Suck it up. Be a man and take out the fucking loans. I owe well over $35,000 for my Bachelor's Degree. I don't remember too many orphans, two cripples, mentally ill (who knows, right), criminals (well, I know if you've had drug offenses you cannot get financial aid and if the rest are eligible, the only jobs available are ones in which you do not need a degree) and there were few blacks out of the 9,000 undergrads at my school.

RAHOWA

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood   at Dec 27,2007 11:36am
Boo-fucking-hoo! If your grades were really good enough then you would've been able to go to a good school for next to nothing. I got my B.S. from WPI and paid for it with scholarships, loans, and three part time jobs. By no means was I the smartest kid at college, but I worked my ass off to get decent grades. Now I have a sweet engineering job, a decent apartment, two bands that I love being in, and I'm paying down $20K in loans.

And who can't pay for fucking community college? I know people who have part time jobs that are able to pay for state school. You need to shit or get off the pot, get a job (or another one), get some loans, and take your education seriously.

Oh, and stop blaming minorities for all the reasons why your life sucks. People like you make me embarrassed to be white.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 27,2007 12:27pm
state schools all day. i go to worcester state college and a full-time semester only costs something like $2500-$3000 depending on "student fees" and all that bullshit they throw in there.

stay far away from independent student loans...you'll end up paying like 3x as much as what you asked for. your best bet is definitely scholarships. see if people in your family work for companies that have scholarships they give out, or talk to the counselors at your high school to see if they know of anything that can help you out

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 27,2007 12:29pm
DrewBlood said:
I got my B.S. from WPI

i can throw a rock from my front porch and hit the main entrance to WPI. can you explain why my roommates and i don't go to school there but throw better parties than all the frats in the area? i don't get it.

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood   at Dec 27,2007 12:32pm
SacreligionNLI said:
DrewBlood said:
I got my B.S. from WPI

i can throw a rock from my front porch and hit the main entrance to WPI. can you explain why my roommates and i don't go to school there but throw better parties than all the frats in the area? i don't get it.

maybe they are putting too many roofies in the punch. i stopped going to frat parties my freshmen year, but i definitely had a good time at a few of them. SAE's principals and schoolgirls party is not to be missed.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 27,2007 12:37pm
i dunno...i think i could miss jock-douche 642F's party

i have a feeling ours are much better, and there aren't roofies!

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood   at Dec 27,2007 12:42pm
i don't know, meng.... every Worcester State party I went to had that 'were just sitting around an apartment drinking and all of these girls have boyfriends at another college' feel to them. i've never been to one of your parties so there really is no way to be sure.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 27,2007 12:49pm
our parties aren't worcester state parties per se, just regular ole' whoever feels like coming parties. if we go for a theme they're pretty sick, if it's just "drink your face off" night then it seems to be a little quieter.

margaritafest though...whew! *wipes brow*

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 27,2007 12:50pm
haha the only frat parties i ever see are the frat house like 5 down from ours, and its always a bunch of douchebags sitting around with their shirts off, blasting loud music and talking about theia new haiacut. oh yeah and walking down the street chanting about how much they like dick.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 27,2007 12:53pm
they're beginning or end of the year party seems out of control...but that's about it. i think that's when they tarp everything off and have bands play and shit.

they still ain't got shit on us. speaking of which, we need to start planning for next saturday. should i break out the bunch bowl or keg tap? both?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 27,2007 12:56pm
whats next Saturday?

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 27,2007 12:58pm
master dillon's 30th/belated new year's party

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 27,2007 12:59pm
yeah college

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 27,2007 1:02pm
oooooh. i did not know that.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 27,2007 1:06pm
I ain't blame minorities meng, I just think it's unfair to get free money for being born into something, or having fate throw something at you.

I can't afford to go to community college because I pay 300 a month for my car, and 500 a month for my room, not to mention I work full time and only make 360 a week.

Do the math, if I threw in school, it would be an extra 300 atleast a month.

So...I'd end up in perpetual debt.

but whatever, I'm just going to take one class this semester.

I blame it mostly on my poor timing and bad planning, I should have filled out that fafsa last year...

Oh well, maybe I will have it done for the fall, then I can go to real school.

toggletoggle post by Horror_Tang  at Dec 27,2007 1:08pm
In Soviet Russia, you no go to school, school comes to you.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 27,2007 1:10pm
y_ddraig_goch said:
So...I'd end up in perpetual debt.

US economy + credit cards + federal reserve bank = perpetual debt

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 27,2007 7:06pm
College is ridiculously expensive. I thought it would be a good idea to attend a more prestigious private school because I was stupid enough to think that I would get enough financial aid that it would be affordable. I was wrong. After 2 semesters, I transferred back to Worcester State and finished my education there.

I don't think that there is some magical amount of federal grants going to orphans. My parents both died when I was in high school, and I didn't get a lot of grants. Right now, I owe about $40,000 in student loans. As if working and going to school at the same time wasn't enough to burn me out... now that I have my degree, I think I might need to get a second job just to be able to afford my student loan payments.

toggletoggle post by Mess at Dec 27,2007 7:12pm
the_reverend said:
become an illegal imigrant.

you took the words right out of my head

toggletoggle post by inject-now at Dec 27,2007 7:13pm
college is not very metal

toggletoggle post by Y_Ddraig_Goch  at Dec 28,2007 2:55am
Samantha said:

I don't think that there is some magical amount of federal grants going to orphans.

every scholarship form has asked me "are you an orphan?" as well as what race, creed, and handicap I may have.

probably not federal, but I know there are tons of ways to get some money for that stuff

I can get up to 300 dollars for being left handed hahahahah

toggletoggle post by iren_the_viking   at Dec 28,2007 3:15am
inject-now said:
college is not very metal

he's right...what happened to us?

?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 28,2007 3:17am
Pills happened to Mike. And thank God for that.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 28,2007 9:24am
Y_Ddraig_Goch said:

SWEET. We will rule you all with an iron left hand (and $300 scholarships), weak right-handers!

toggletoggle post by brad weymouth at Dec 28,2007 9:50am
Gilligan McGillicuddy

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 28,2007 1:08pm
DestroyYouAlot said:
Y_Ddraig_Goch said:

SWEET. We will rule you all with an iron left hand (and $300 scholarships), weak right-handers!

Fuckin right!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 28,2007 1:11pm
pam said:
DestroyYouAlot said:
Y_Ddraig_Goch said:

Fuckin right!

No, left.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Primeval Mortal Remains
[default homepage] [print][10:29:02pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01920 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]