New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Dec 9 (Sun) - Whitechapel, Too Pure to Die, beneath_the_sky, Impending Doom - Waterfront Tavern (Holyoke, MA) by the_reverend on Dec 9,2007 6:02pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Dec 9, 2007 Waterfront Tavern (Holyoke, Ma)
a_life_of_chaos - 2007-12-09
A Life Of Chaos(56)
flash animated slider show
halfhearted_comeback - 2007-12-09
Halfhearted Comeback(48)
impending_doom - 2007-12-09
Impending Doom(93)
pictures_of_winter - 2007-12-09
Pictures Of Winter(78)
too_pure_to_die - 2007-12-09
Too Pure To Die(118)
whitechapel - 2007-12-09
Whitechapel(96)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 9,2007 6:02pm
on my way cause the other date didn't happen.

hope im not late.

toggletoggle post by Brandon...  at Dec 9,2007 6:27pm
This show is gonna suck. I just listened to all the touring bands playing. Not at all interested.

toggletoggle post by Fuck_Logging_In_NLI at Dec 9,2007 7:02pm
Brandon... said:
This show is gonna suck. I just listened to all the touring bands playing. Not at all interested.

its a bree's knees fest.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 9,2007 8:23pm
that's what I said. the roads are fucking horrible out there.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 9,2007 8:36pm
halfhearted comeback: I don't think they we on the schedule. Not too bad at all. The singer did a not of high screaming and there were a few riffy parts. They layed about h breakdowns during their set. The front of the crowd cleared right out for them as people danced. It didn't really overly remind me of any one prticular band.

pictures of winter: the singer was on the floor. A lot. As he moved out into the crowd, the eole in the crowd moshing moved backwards. Speaking of the singer, that was weird. A big dude that you would normally expect to be barking out madball-style hardcore vocals, sang more like unearth with some.. Er.. Lots of clean, semi-harmonic vocals. Weird. They reminded me a lot of unearth with more clean singing. Now really my think, but I guess hot topic has their CD. Pretty sure I've gotten the name wrong. (nope that's right)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 9,2007 9:04pm
a life of chaos:After the last band it seemed like it was national "get out and smoke" hour. Everyone cleared out the door and were slooow to filter back in. More straight up hardcore. People did all the spinkickiness stuff that they do when there is a hardcore band on. They weren't bad. Plus, the seemed to have draw as many of their friends/fans as the headliners. im curious about why they used the headliners gear... hm... They said that someone got into a car accient on the way to the show. Looks like im going 40mph the whole way home and probably working from home in the morning. If I go off the road on the way home, I will keep my self warm burning the packaging of all the demo CDs in my car and even though I will be lost with out a trace, you can read about my impending doom right here on rttp until I succumb to the elements or my battery dies, but I may seek to speed my death to exposure if my battery dips to 10%.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 9,2007 9:54pm
beneath the sky: didn't show, accient or broken down ca or something.

impending doom: not too much "breebreebree" on the vocals. They sounded more like anoxia-dan vocals a lot of the time. Im glad that coccophonus vocals are all the rage this year. when they started, the singer from 2 pure 2 die was on vocals too. I couldn't figure out why they had 2 singers doing the sae vocals at the same time. They were pretty good, but in the end told us about the telepathic zombie that is their co-pilot. I mut admit, zombies are both really cool and really scary. I tell you right now, if jesus came to me, I would piss my f'n pants and run screaming in the opposite direction. Especially if it was at night. If it was in the context of the thriller, I might watch, but from a safe distance. The thriller is ill, son.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 9,2007 10:31pm
Whitechapel: it was the singer of WC that was on stage with ID. Retty freaking brootal set. The musc was heavy. This band was more of the breebree type. Some of it sounded like animosity. There was a disturbance during their set. I looked back knowing who it was. I looked and saw will in middle of it. He was "kicked out" but after some arguing (and probablt saying how much he liked swear to god) he came back in for the lst 2 songs. After the set, the fight was described as "someone hit the kid with the beard in the face. He didn't like it and punched the kid back and then all hell broke loose" just before the last break down, they had to stop to announce some kid's name. But then they finished the last breakdown.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 10,2007 1:49am
pictures

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 10,2007 2:30am
there were like over 100 people there that I've mostly never seen at shows... what messageboards do they post on so /i can spread my pictures? I don't understand the youth of todya!

toggletoggle post by Eli_hhcb at Dec 10,2007 2:57pm
Thanks to everyone that came out and braved the shitty weather.

toggletoggle post by BrianDBB  at Dec 11,2007 10:22am
Hey Rev, I think the pics for this were taken off the main page, Fox Hall shows up twice.

toggletoggle post by kanegelaznik  at Dec 11,2007 10:58am
so fucking pissed i missed this show

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][4:17:29pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01912 secs/27 queries]
[search][refresh page]