New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Cryptopsy members in the studio with rapper Roman. by zyklon on Dec 8,2007 9:11pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by zyklon at Dec 8,2007 9:11pm edited Dec 9,2007 10:43am
Flo Mounier and guitarist Chris Donaldson have begun recording with indie rapper Roman for an upcoming album called "The Roman Empire". Musically it is said to be "a [mixture of] CRYPTOPSY, PRIMUS and PUBLIC ENEMY that deals with various topics such as paranoia, fear, the 911 truth movement, alien conspiracies, lust, death and the human ability to survive in these chaotic times that we live in delivered with a dark sense of humor through rap cadences and heavy vocals combined." The CD, which will also feature appearances by ILL BILL and CAGE KENNYLZ, "is like nothing you've ever heard before!" according to a press releases.

toggletoggle post by peteovdom  at Dec 9,2007 1:26am
potentially cool. some indie rap doesn't bother me, mainly the white ones though...

toggletoggle post by lazandynli at Dec 9,2007 7:35am
And I thought rap core was finally dead. Thanks to the fucking Canadians for resurrecting it. Awful.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Dec 9,2007 7:44am
Ill Bill and Cage are both awesome, so hopefully its something in the vain of that.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Dec 9,2007 10:10am
This has potential to either be amazing or fucking terrible.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Dec 9,2007 10:45am
peteovdom said:
potentially cool. some indie rap doesn't bother me, mainly the white ones though...

rap is rap, it doesn't matter if its a black or a white dude.

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Dec 9,2007 10:50am
zyklon said:

rap is rap, it doesn't matter if its a black or a white dude.

NO WAY
RAP WITHOUT AFRICANS IS LIKE DETROIT WITHOUT AFRICANS
NUFF SAID

BLACK POWER!

toggletoggle post by peteovdom  at Dec 9,2007 11:03am
i know it doesn't, but the only one i can tolerate happens to be white. he's very intelligent and articulate. name's sage francis

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 9,2007 11:26am edited Dec 9,2007 11:28am
Sage Francis has the shittiest delivery and execution for someone who writes good stuff. It's a shame...

But anyway, I fucking hate when rap and metal are mixed. I'm a big fan of a lot of hip hop (not the crap you see on MTV or hear on Jammin' 94.5), and obviously I love metal, but it's like putting Lucky Charms on a cheeseburger. It just doesn't fucking work, even if both parts of the mix are good.

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood   at Dec 9,2007 11:28am
MarkFuckingRichards said:
Sage Francis has the shittiest delivery and execution for someone who writes good stuff. It's a shame...

But anyway, I fucking hate when rap and metal are mixed. I'm a big fan of a lot of hip hop (not the crap you see on MTV or hear on Jammin' 94.5, and obviously I love metal, but it's like putting Lucky Charms on a cheeseburger. It just doesn't fucking work, even if both parts of the mix are good.

what about PE using Slayer licks on 'She Watch Channel Zero'? That shit is sick on so many levels.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 9,2007 11:32am
Yeah, that is a good point...I suppose if metal is tastefully sampled in rap, it can work. I still foresee this project to be a failure.

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood   at Dec 9,2007 11:40am
Oh, and Sebastian from Dripping is fucking ill

http://www.myspace.com/drippingnj

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Dec 9,2007 11:41am
I fucking hate when rap and metal are mixed.

it's like putting Lucky Charms on a cheeseburger. It just doesn't fucking work, even if both parts of the mix are good.

TRUE NUFF
IT'S LIKE A BLACK LADY WITH A WIGGER
YOU CAN TELL THE OFFSPRING WILL BE CREAM
MUDDY, SOURED CREAM WITH FLIES IN IT

CRYPTOPSY
NEVER HAS A METAL BAND FALLEN SO FAR
AFTER NONE SO VILE, THEY JUST TURNED TO SHIT

SUCCESS GOES TO A NIGGA'S HEAD
SHOULDA STUCK TO GIN AND JUICE

BLACK POWER!

toggletoggle post by tylerl  at Dec 9,2007 11:57am
i heard some rap song with a sped up sample of "mother russia" it was pretty funny

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 10,2007 10:42am
this has "suck" written all over it.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 10,2007 11:58am
Man, what? I mean, great, Ill Bill appearance, but this doesn't sound like a good idea. Just because PE can get away with it doesn't mean it's ok for everybody. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, all the same.

And MFR, I don't know if we're listening to the same Sage Francis. I couldn't find much to complain about with his delivery if I tried. Eh, to each his own.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 10,2007 2:31pm
I think this means that Cryptopsy has officially jumped the shark.

toggletoggle post by ancient master8c4d at Dec 10,2007 2:38pm
Slayer and Ice-T Disorder anyone
BODY COUNT

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 10,2007 3:33pm
ancient master8c4d said:
Slayer and Ice-T Disorder anyone
BODY COUNT

Best collaboration, EVAR. Mainly because they were like, "hey, we want you guys to do some nifty little rap/rock ditties", and Ice-T was like, "fuck you guys, I'm just gonna go sing for Slayer."

"And we're gonna do Exploited songs."

"That cool with you?"

toggletoggle post by pryoryofsyn  at Dec 10,2007 3:43pm
EXPLOITED rule!

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Dec 10,2007 8:01pm
MY MAN ICE, HE OWNS

BLACK POWER!

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Dec 10,2007 8:10pm

But anyway, I fucking hate when rap and metal are mixed. I'm a big fan of a lot of hip hop (not the crap you see on MTV or hear on Jammin' 94.5), and obviously I love metal, but it's like putting Lucky Charms on a cheeseburger. It just doesn't fucking work, even if both parts of the mix are good.

Lucky Charms on a cheeseburger actually sounds pretty tasty.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 10,2007 9:32pm
immortal13 said:

I've had a great Cap'n Crunch steak.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Dec 11,2007 10:30am
DestroyYouAlot said:
immortal13 said:

I've had a great Cap'n Crunch steak.

That's it. Later tonight I'm making a fruit loop junior bacon cheeseburger.

toggletoggle post by Chris_From_Shit_Fuck  at Dec 11,2007 11:50am
I'm so so on Cryptopsy, but I fucking love Primus and Public Enemy so I'll defenitly check it out. But yeah it could either be amazing or god awful.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Possesed Fecal Forest
[default homepage] [print][5:06:46pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01622 secs/18 queries]
[search][refresh page]