New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Uh? how about Colecovision? by GodlessRob on Nov 28,2007 8:13am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at Nov 28,2007 8:13am
I searched and did not see anyone say anything about the greatest game system to come out when we were kids. COLECOVISION!!!!

Donkey Kong
Q-bert
Ladybug
Donkey Kong Jr.
Smurfs

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2007 8:34am
I never had one.

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at Nov 28,2007 8:41am
That sucks. It was the best system with the best graphics in it's time. Smoked everything that was out at the time, Intellivision, Odessey, Atari, and the Commodore 64. I am bidding on 1 right now on ebay, 50$ and a ton of games. Dying to see what it looks like on a 72"HD

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2007 8:45am
I loved my odesseyII

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at Nov 28,2007 8:53am edited Nov 28,2007 8:54am
Don't get me wrong the other systems where great and yes the OII has a special place in my gamer heart. I am doing a search on ebay for an OII, now that you brought it up. that would complete my collection

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2007 8:57am
I think I still have it, but I burnt through powersupplies like crazy.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Nov 28,2007 9:41am

HELL YES, Colecovision was so fucking awesome

Defender !!!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 28,2007 9:49am
Intellivision made Colecovision its stinky bitch. I mean, I'm just saying.

toggletoggle post by Greg D at Nov 28,2007 9:50am
Anyone remember The Vectrex console system from the way early 80's?

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at Nov 28,2007 10:13am
DestroyYouAlot said:
Intellivision made Colecovision its stinky bitch. I mean, I'm just saying.

What?!?!?!?! Blasphemer!!!! Itellivision does not have the graphics or the sound that Colleco has. If my research is correct the Coleco outsold all, Atari included with over 6 million units, Atari screwed the pooch and started creating shitty games, the only thing people really bought the Intellivision for was the 2600 adapter that you could get and Coleco already had that, and it was better.

"In 1982, while Atari and Mattel were busy trashing each other's products, Coleco released the superior ColecoVision with Donkey Kong as the pack-in. It was an immediate success. After untangling itself from a few legal snags (Coleco and Nintendo were threatened with lawsuits from Universal Studios who claimed Donkey Kong was an infringement on King Kong), Coleco sold out its first one million systems almost immediately. By 1983 the ColecoVision was beating out both Atari and Mattel in sales.

The ColecoVision not only had better graphics and sound than its competitors, but it also had more expandability. Accessories included a steering wheel (with gas pedal) and a 2600 adapter that let you play Atari 2600 games on your ColecoVision. Atari sued Coleco over the adapter, but Coleco won (later, Coleco sold its own standalone 2600 clone, the Gemini). Most Coleco games were solid arcade ports, usually almost indistinguishable from the real thing, and ColecoVision quickly became the hardcore videogamers' system of choice."

No Coleco = No Donkey Kong, No Donkey Kong = Mario Who???

I love my Intellivision, I love all the classic systems, but to say that Intellivision made Coleco it's stinky bitch, well that's just ludicrous...

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 28,2007 10:25am
I stand by my dearly, dearly held convictions.

toggletoggle post by fuckyeah at Nov 28,2007 11:53am
I could play the shit outta some Venture right now.

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at Nov 28,2007 1:21pm
Venture and ZAXXON!!!!!! What a pain in the ass(Zaxxon) that game was, but addictive as all hell

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 28,2007 1:27pm
i like to collect video game systems, and Colecovision would make an excellent addition.

toggletoggle post by GodlessRob at Nov 28,2007 1:31pm
Yeti said:
i like to collect video game systems, and Colecovision would make an excellent addition.

There are a bunch on ebay, I haven't seen any that are more than 50$ and all of them come with a ton of games, some even have the steering wheel and pedal for Turbo

toggletoggle post by Whoremastery  at Nov 28,2007 1:48pm
i had texas instruments!!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 28,2007 1:55pm
ATARI 800 XL 4 LIFE

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][12:39:39am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.01098 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]