New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I decided...(Black Metal opinion) by ConquerTheBaphomet on Nov 22,2007 4:11am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Nov 22,2007 4:11am
I've decided that wearing corpse paint, wearing armor and all that is cool in album art and pictures but don't ever do it on stage. You look pathetic.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Nov 22,2007 4:33am
Fuck you, Christian.

Commit suicide ASAP.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Nov 22,2007 4:48am
Holy shit, I've gone back in time to 1996!

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Nov 22,2007 4:50am

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Nov 22,2007 4:54am
Oh man, I just picked up this new EP by Emperor, Reverence. I think I'm going to knock back a few ZIMAs and listen to it before I watch Caroline in the City tonight.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Nov 22,2007 5:00am
Haha

I think Autopsy is overreacting. Don't forget that I love Black Metal, dude. It would be hard for me though to go to a Black Metal show and not laugh at the dudes in makeup. That's the one thing about this genre that I don't understand. Is it necessary to look like Kiss or Insane Clown Posse?

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Nov 22,2007 8:09am
Corpsepaint has been lame since the early 90's. It was originally supposed to make the wearer look like a corpse, or like he was ready for battle in a war. Soon it just became trendy; everyone who wanted to play black metal music had to wear it and pose like an idiot in the woods.

I think Immortal is the only black metal band that, if they stopped wearing their corpsepaint, it would be a step down for them.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Nov 22,2007 9:12am
I agree. Immortal without corpse paint makes no sense but the trend as a whole looks like Hot Topic was a store in the early 90's.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Nov 22,2007 9:55am

toggletoggle post by demondave at Nov 22,2007 10:18am

Wait,

Just like anything else, some people suck at pulling off what they want to do. I've seen local bands that can't play for shit live, but that is not enough to suggest that no band should play live.

Look at Watain, they pull it off just right. They look awesome, and there's nothing wrong with a band looking like they belong on the stage, and different from anyone sitting at the bar.

(they threw blood in his face)

Plus, I remember the club was very heavy on only Red Lighting, which made the show look even better. The Rev's flash cut through that - so it does not come across in the photos.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Nov 22,2007 10:19am
I think Behemoth is able to pull it off pretty nicely too, cuz they don't overdo it.

toggletoggle post by christopher at Nov 22,2007 10:33am
Troll said:

lololol this picture just gets better and better as you scroll down

has anyone seen the most recent revolver? the cover says something like "have a black metal christmas" with singers from behemoth, dimmu, and craddle on the cover....it made me want to punch something in the dick. Then, along with the article they have "hot babes in corpse paint"

toggletoggle post by Troll at Nov 22,2007 10:37am
I say spare us the theatrics and play some music.

I'm starting to really dislike the live experience. Its lame vaudville entertainment for a bunch of zit faced horn throwing sheep and antique scenesters willing to pay an arm and a leg for a dixie cup of flat beer.

I say the book is always better than the movie. Crawl in your cave and listen to your music in solitude.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Nov 22,2007 10:41am
Hails, Troll.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Nov 22,2007 10:48am
christopher said:
Troll said:

lololol this picture just gets better and better as you scroll down

has anyone seen the most recent revolver? the cover says something like "have a black metal christmas" with singers from behemoth, dimmu, and craddle on the cover....it made me want to punch something in the dick. Then, along with the article they have "hot babes in corpse paint"

Here's the really sad part. Listen to the Evermörk ep "Astral Forest Winds" which is really good work of art and then look at that pic. Its the guitarist Stephan..........Terrible. I found it on there blog. All along I've been telling Jeremy from Oak Knoll ,"I think they might be a bunch of highschool kids".
My intuition served me right.

Stephan must have become a flower child or something?!?! Not sure. That explains why they never record a full-lenght for Oak Knoll. Too bad so sad. Seriously I really don't care what people wear, but when they cheese out of doing what they do best I think that sucks.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 22,2007 11:58am
Troll said:
I say spare us the theatrics and play some music.

I'm starting to really dislike the live experience. Its lame vaudville entertainment for a bunch of zit faced horn throwing sheep and antique scenesters willing to pay an arm and a leg for a dixie cup of flat beer.

I say the book is always better than the movie. Crawl in your cave and listen to your music in solitude.

On the one hand, I totally relate to this - I'm a fucking hermit, for the most part, and I enjoy my own company. All the same, I do peek out for a show here and there.

As far as the corpsepaint goes, you just really can't half-ass it. You're either full-on decked out for war, or you look a bit silly. Bands that do a good job of it, I feel it enhances the show; bands that just do it as an afterthought, or because "you're supposed to," it totally detracts from the show. YMMV.

Also, for what it's worth, I totally own a pair of Jesus joggers; sometimes I don't feel like going out to get the mail or whatever in bare feet, and it's faster than hunting down a pair of un-crunchy socks. Besides, I have to wear something on my feet when my girlfriend drags me to the beach.

Not on stage, though - fuck. That's just sad.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Nov 22,2007 12:08pm
The old Life At Zero singer Dugay always wore em' and he ruled. Best tasteless jokes ever.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 22,2007 12:13pm
Well, they did come in handy this Halloween, when I was Larry Christ (Jesus' lesser-known slacker brother).

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 22,2007 12:34pm
BobNOMAAMRooney nli said:
Oh man, I just picked up this new EP by Emperor, Reverence. I think I'm going to knock back a few ZIMAs and listen to it before I watch Caroline in the City tonight.

hahahahaha, excellent.

toggletoggle post by fleshfries at Nov 22,2007 12:49pm
How about some Crotchduster?

"Black metal is for geeks who aren't even cool enough to play Dungeons and Dragons. You and your pals couldn't take over an elementary school, let alone the world. No one's afraid of guys who wear makeup, please never listen to our album again...we are embarrassed that you like us."

Haha...I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the Corpse paint thing...I just think that's funny.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Nov 22,2007 1:40pm
Troll said:

I feel the same way about shows lately, I always feel so bored, even when the band is playing. I have short hair so headbanging is out; I think moshing is gay and I haven't thrown the horns in I don't know how long. Plus - and maybe I'm just a pansy or something - my feet always kill from standing there for 3-4 hours.

I am looking forward to King Diamond in April though - there are rare occasions when concerts are actually entertaining for me and I know this is going to be one of them.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Nov 22,2007 2:23pm
What would VON do?

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Nov 22,2007 2:59pm
GoatCatalyst said:
What would VON do?

An eight ball?

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Nov 22,2007 4:45pm
Ryan_M said:
I am looking forward to King Diamond in April though - there are rare occasions when concerts are actually entertaining for me and I know this is going to be one of them.

Too bad that that tour is cancelled!!!

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Nov 22,2007 6:49pm
fleshfries said:
How about some Crotchduster?

"Black metal is for geeks who aren't even cool enough to play Dungeons and Dragons. You and your pals couldn't take over an elementary school, let alone the world. No one's afraid of guys who wear makeup, please never listen to our album again...we are embarrassed that you like us."

Haha...I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the Corpse paint thing...I just think that's funny.

Crotchduster is awesome. I wish they would make another album.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Nov 22,2007 6:56pm
my Mammalsauce is the best Mammalsauce . . .

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 26,2007 10:44am
bah, fuck that. as long as you take the time to make it look vicious, corpsepaint, spikes, bullets, upside crosses, all of those things rule. i'd say emo swoops, black nailpolish, male eyeliner, skin tight clothes on guys, and plug earrings need to go.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Nov 26,2007 10:48am edited Nov 26,2007 10:48am
Fashion is for women and queer men.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][4:14:57am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01611 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]