New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> so the government is going to lower sentences for crack possession by Yeti on Nov 14,2007 3:25pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 14,2007 3:25pm

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 14,2007 3:26pm
unfuckinbelievable!

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Nov 14,2007 3:33pm
just waiting and see

. . .

-ing

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 3:39pm
crak is wack and all, but this should have been done a long time ago.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 3:40pm
wooo! 20,000 more crackheads on the street

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 3:41pm
the_reverend said:

i fail to see your logic. i mean...it's crack. how much money does the government really make off that shit?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 14,2007 3:44pm
Isn't being a crackhead punishment enough?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 3:50pm
ok, here's the deal. say you got caught with a spliff and your friend got caught with a batch of pot-brownies. you get a modest few $100 fine. where he (oh, he's black too not that you know any black people personally) gets put in jail for 10 years.
that's what's going on here.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 3:52pm
the white dudes who were blowing coke or their white kids were blowing cock... er.. coke didn't want to get in trouble, but the black man can. so for the same exact thing, coke to crack, the price is 100 times the sentence. is that fair? no. either put the clamps down on coke too (which would make music pretty shitty) or loosen the reigns on crack. they took the latter.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Nov 14,2007 3:56pm
sacreligion said:
the_reverend said:

i fail to see your logic. i mean...it's crack. how much money does the government really make off that shit?

The logic is the sentence should be equal to cocaine whereas it is longer because poor people do crack and rich white executives and Rich Horror do cocaine. If you're going to clog up the prisons with addicts you ought to play fair about it.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 4:02pm
this is true...but it's CRACK! like...quite literally the worst of the illegal substances. well, tied for first with heroin.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 14,2007 4:03pm
sacreligion said:
this is true...but it's CRACK! like...quite literally the worst of the illegal substances. well, tied for first with heroin.

I think meth's got'em both beat. It doesn't matter anyway, jenkem's the way of the future.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 4:07pm
the_reverend said:
the white dudes who were blowing coke or their white kids were blowing cock... er.. coke didn't want to get in trouble, but the black man can. so for the same exact thing, coke to crack, the price is 100 times the sentence. is that fair? no. either put the clamps down on coke too (which would make music pretty shitty) or loosen the reigns on crack. they took the latter.

crack isn't a black issue. of all the black people i've known, none of them ever smoked crack. the only crack-smokers i've ever met in my day were white(and one or two hispanics).

also, cocaine is terrible to begin with, so they should just make the penalty worse.

actually, how about we just destroy the earth. right now. you can change laws as many times as you want but people are still gonna be fucktards and do stupid shit, and you sure as hell can't pay for everyone to stay in jail. NukeTW

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 4:12pm
HEY IDIOT, a gram of crack is the same exact thing as a gram of coke. it's just how it's presented. do some research and realize that the only reason the laws for crack are 100x the laws for coke is cause cokeis a white drug and crack is a black drug.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Nov 14,2007 4:15pm
Crack and Coke are the same thing, Sac. Same exact drug just done different ways. Same drug, same penalty.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 4:15pm
where did you get the crack from?
blacks.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 4:15pm
but crack isn't solely a "black drug." like you said, it's the poor man's coke, so essentially the penalties were to keep poor people in the shitter and let rich folk stay comfortable. boiling it down to a race issue overlooks the greater problem at hand. let's just agree that cocaine in all of its forms is terrible.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Nov 14,2007 4:17pm
sacreligion said:
but crack isn't solely a "black drug." like you said, it's the poor man's coke, so essentially the penalties were to keep poor people in the shitter and let rich folk stay comfortable. boiling it down to a race issue overlooks the greater problem at hand. let's just agree that cocaine in all of its forms is terrible.

I can almost guarantee that if you took a survey, far more than half of crack heads would be black or buying from a black. That's why the harsher laws were enacted in the first place. I don't think it's solely a "black issue" and I'm as sick of hearing about whose being held down by the white man as you apparently are, but they have a point on this one.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 4:18pm
1) Make Crack from Coke
http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/speedy_drugs/163483.html

2) Crack v. Cocaine In Black & White
http://www.keithboykin.com/arch/2007/11/02/the_crack_cocaine
Under current federal law, the black kid with the tiny bit of crack cocaine goes to prison for a minimum of 10 years. While the white guy with 10 pounds of cocaine on him gets the legal equivalent of a slap on the wrist. That's because you have to possess more than 11 pounds of powder cocaine (5,000 grams) to get the same mandatory minimum sentence as someone caught with just 2 ounces (50 grams) of crack cocaine. It's not fair, but it's the law.

I have know about this issue for years. it's like the weight acid and the media it's on so sugar cubes get you life.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Nov 14,2007 4:18pm
pam nli said:
sacreligion said:

I can almost guarantee that if you took a survey, far more than half of crack heads would be black or buying from a black. That's why the harsher laws were enacted in the first place. I don't think it's solely a "black issue" and I'm as sick of hearing about who's being held down by the white man as you apparently are, but they have a point on this one.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Nov 14,2007 4:18pm
pam nli said:
pam nli said:
sacreligion said:

I can almost guarantee that if you took a survey, far more than half of crack heads would be black or buying from a black. That's why the harsher laws were enacted in the first place. I don't think it's solely a "black issue" and I'm as sick of hearing about who's being held down by the white man as you apparently are, but they have a point on this one.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Nov 14,2007 4:19pm
wtf.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 4:22pm
the only reason for those statistics(if they turned out to be real) would be that our social institutions are designed to keep poor, urban people poor and in urban areas. as it just so happens, most of the people in the poor sections of large cities are minorities, so they'll obviously be the greater portion of said drug problem. the reason why most of the dealers would be minorities because people from inner cities don't have the resources that wealthier towns would have(education, rehab centers, etc.) to succeed and find success in the job market, so they resort to something they know will work to support themselves and their families. IT'S ALL ABOUT FAST MONEY BABY!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 4:24pm
I don't know what you are trying to do pam..

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 4:24pm
so yea, it's not about the drugs, it's about providing better educational, health, and police systems in larger cities, as opposed to just abandoning them and leaving them shabby, underfunded versions of these things.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 14,2007 4:27pm
pam nli said:
pam nli said:
pam nli said:
sacreligion said:

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 4:27pm
so... keeping them in jail is the best thing? fail.

DestroyYouAlot said:
pam nli said:
pam nli said:
pam nli said:
sacreligion said:

DestroyYouAlot said:
DestroyYouAlot said:
pam nli said:
pam nli said:
pam nli said:
sacreligion said:

I agree with that guy.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Nov 14,2007 4:28pm
the_reverend said:

I tried to edit a spelling error and failed because I'm nli I think.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Nov 14,2007 4:29pm
DestroyYouAlot said:
I agree with that guy.

You wanna fight or something?

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 4:32pm
the_reverend said:

that's not what i said at all. they just shouldn't be lowering the penalty for something that will literally kill you. they should be working on better programs to help those in need, not just going "hey you have drugs, you're in jail. feel free to do them when you're out, though, so we can put you back in."

like i said, the problem isn't the drugs, it's how we're handling the problem.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 4:34pm
so what should the jail sentence be for jemkem users? cigarrette smokers? glue sniffers? alcoholics? cuase all that stuff will litterally kill you.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Nov 14,2007 4:34pm
Helping those in need, i.e. addicts, is exactly why the jail sentences should be lowered. We shouldn't be criminalizing drug addiction because it clogs up and stresses our prison system and doesn't do a fucking thing to rehabilitate these people. This is elementary logic, sir.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Nov 14,2007 4:35pm
the_reverend said:
so what should the jail sentence be for jemkem users? cigarrette smokers? glue sniffers? alcoholics? cuase all that stuff will litterally kill you.

for the win.

Fat people too...cause ya know...heart attacks will literally kill you.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 14,2007 4:39pm
pam nli said:
DestroyYouAlot said:
I agree with that guy.

You wanna fight or something?

Are you volunteering to set up a match? I've got to warn you, I have a hard time maintaining a working relation with promoters; I suspect it's due to the fact that I only appear in public blitzed to the gills on high-grade jenkem. They call me "The Shit-Breath Kid" on the local circuit.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 4:43pm
the_reverend said:

that's more of a slippery slope though, because these are things that are already legal, so if you try to make one of them illegal people are gonna sprout up all over the place demanding other shit be criminalized because the public is an overzealous non-thinktank.

all i'm disagreeing with this about is the fact that people who are addicted to crack are going to be let free and they'll go right back to smoking crack again. so obviously jail isn't the right way to handle their addiction. instead of giving them mandatory jail time it should be mandatory rehab/detox or whatever it'll take to help these people get off of said drug. even putting them in halfway homes where they have to pull their own weight but are still supervised is a better way to handle it than jail(because jail will just waste money to support them, and they'll end up back in again once they get out because all they learned was that jail will take care of most of their needs for free)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 4:49pm
this law change isn't about rehab. it's about helping to fix the problem that hits one type of cocaine harder than the same amount of another type.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 4:52pm
i can see the logic in making it fair as they are essentially the same substance with the same effects and consequences, but i was more ranting on what should be done in place of jail time to help drug addicts. years of arresting and fining people on drug possessions hasn't changed a thing, so perhaps it's time for a change in policy

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 4:55pm
well, what would you do with out your sweet marrijane

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 5:03pm
i could live without it as it's not physically addicting, but i happen to enjoy it so i indulge regularly. this is where the slippery slope comes in though and it is the main argument against decriminalizing pot(that people who use other illegal drugs will want the same treatment). hence my NukeTW post in the other crack thread.

i could go on all day about why i think pot should be legalized(frees up police forces, less money spent on incarcerating those who've been convicted, taxing it to help balance our falling economy) but in the end i'd be no different than a crackhead saying "legalize crack" so you inevitably come to a dead end. what i personally feel is that th process towards punishing those addicted to truly addicting drugs(crack, cocaine, heroin, meth) which are truly detrimental to your health should be changed to more awareness and rehabilitation.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 5:05pm
i think it should begin with revamping our inner city institutions and creating more opportunities for those who are less fortunate. people who are born into being poor are born into a trap that keeps them as such.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 5:58pm
you just proved my point. lighting these people's sentences will free police to blahblahblah. hopefully probation will help out people who are once, twice, three times an addict

toggletoggle post by brad weymouth at Nov 14,2007 6:30pm
How many of you blowhards have ever smoked crack or base or done coke? Just curious. Lift all drug laws now!!

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 7:17pm
the_reverend said:
you just proved my point. lighting these people's sentences will free police to blahblahblah. hopefully probation will help out people who are once, twice, three times an addict

but i think that if the penalty is more of a slap on the wrist compared to what it used to be, then people are more likely to be repeat-offenders. What does it really solve?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 7:54pm
hopefully, your drug abusing butt being gay shagged in jail for buying an oz of weed. Pot calling the Kettle swag. If you are all for bad drug laws for drugs that don't affect you, then I'm for them on drugs that do.

toggletoggle post by cuntsmack at Nov 14,2007 7:56pm
what?

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Nov 14,2007 7:57pm
Well....aren't they the ones manufacturing most of it anyways?

Funny story...
My grandfather use to own an auto junk yard that mostly took in cars that were in accidents. One time he found a few kilos of cocaine in one of the junk cars and poured all but an ounce or so into a snow bank and then called the State Police. When they asked why he dumped a shit load of it in the snow he said "well, that's just that much less that you guys are going to turn around and sell back onto the streets."

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Nov 14,2007 7:59pm
the_reverend said:
Under current federal law, the black kid with the tiny bit of crack cocaine goes to prison for a minimum of 10 years. While the white guy with 10 pounds of cocaine on him gets the legal equivalent of a slap on the wrist.

I AM A NIGGER BUT I KNOW THAT 10 LBS OF COKE IS GOING TO GET ANYONE 25 YEARS IN JAIL

WHOEVER WROTE THAT IS INSANE

BLACK POWER!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 8:04pm
so what will 2g of coke get you compared to 2g of crack?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 8:05pm
or have you only seen crack so you don't know?

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Nov 14,2007 8:08pm
THREE DAYS IN JAIL AND A FINE FOR THE POWDER, 60 DAYS FOR THE CRACK, AROUND HERE

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Nov 14,2007 8:09pm
HERE'S A GOOD RESOURCE:

http://guidelinelaw.com/fsglaw/glmanual/

FULL DATA REQUIRES YOU TAKE INTO ACCOUNT PRIOR HISTORY, WHICH FOR MOST CRACK USERS IS GONNA BE LENGTHY

toggletoggle post by Dertoxianli at Nov 14,2007 10:36pm
I live in Coeymans, NY. A very very quiet suburb of Albany. Lately there have been a bunch of arrests of people in possesion of crack. They just caught this guy who is suspected of supplying most of that crack. The dude is freakin 79 years old.

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/crack_12526...09___article.html/year_ritchie.html

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 10:37pm
the_reverend said:
hopefully, your drug abusing butt being gay shagged in jail for buying an oz of weed. Pot calling the Kettle swag. If you are all for bad drug laws for drugs that don't affect you, then I'm for them on drugs that do.

are you just directly countering everything i say no matter what it is? i still say pot is different than every other drug. will say it til the day i die. hence this argument cannot go any further.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 11:07pm
right, cause you are wrong since they are both drugs. im sorry that the laws of thid country completely show that I am right and you are 100% wrong.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 11:17pm
but isn't that what we're debating? just because they are laws in effect in this country right now does not necessarily mean there's no room for improvement or that they are even right at all. contemporiiiiiiize maaaaan!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 14,2007 11:31pm
you smell like skunked bud.

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Nov 14,2007 11:43pm
I WOULD MAKE ALL DRUGS LEGAL

AND SEPARATE THE BLACK MAN FROM THE WHITE MAN

BLACK POWER!

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Nov 14,2007 11:51pm
the_reverend said:
you smell like skunked bud.

when did you program a scent interpreter into the forum?

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Nov 14,2007 11:56pm
YOU CAN'T SKUNK BUD

THERE IS ONLY SKUNK BUD

IT IS A TYPE OF MARIJUANA, LIKE A RACE

BLACK POWER!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 15,2007 12:31am
Hungtableed said:
Well....aren't they the ones manufacturing most of it anyways?

Funny story...
My grandfather use to own an auto junk yard that mostly took in cars that were in accidents. One time he found a few kilos of cocaine in one of the junk cars and poured all but an ounce or so into a snow bank and then called the State Police. When they asked why he dumped a shit load of it in the snow he said "well, that's just that much less that you guys are going to turn around and sell back onto the streets."

Actually, that rules pretty hard. They musta been PISSED.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 15,2007 10:42am
DestroyYouAlot said:
Isn't being a crackhead punishment enough?

this is the best point in the whole thread.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][1:41:59pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02459 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]