New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Nostalgic Show by aaron_michael on Nov 2,2007 11:18am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Nov 2,2007 11:18am
If you had a million dollars to give to bands to play a reunion, or for a show to bring back your younger days, what bands would you put together to share the same stage?

-Seven Day Curse
-As The Sun Sets
-Forty Days Rain
-Again Without Feeling
-The Year of our Lord(only stuff off Frozen Divide)
-There Were Wires
-Eternal Suffering
-Archaic
-Opterasis
and Moment(just to add a bit of diversity)

Who would you choose?

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Nov 2,2007 11:20am
Dude, I booked most of those bands at shows at Reflections in New Bedford back in the day. And Again Without Feeling? Holy shit, you wanna buy a CD? I've got 700 of them.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Nov 2,2007 11:26am
I still have one somewhere in my apartment. Reflections, Cafe Mio, Revere YMCA, and The Red Barn were all weekend hangouts when I was 16-18 so I saw all of these bands on a regular basis. Fun times.

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Nov 2,2007 11:33am
Yeah it was. There's a lot about those shows that I don't see at the gigs I play today, which is kinda sad. A different kind of energy. Playing gigs with Ictus (before they were The Red Chord) and watching people just go apeshit for every band. We did a gig with Drowningman that was fucking EPIC for the kids who were cool enough to stick around until they got there almost an hour late. I don't know, I love what I do with The Accursed, Smite the Righteous and Polaris, all for their own reasons, but playing with AWF was like going to war with the crowd and ourselves and making 30 new best friends when all was said & done. Felt like I'd gotten run the fuck over after every show. Someone in the band always walked away bleeding, the crowd was always doused in sweat, killing each other. Like I said, I love these days too, new crowds, new music, I get that, but there are times when I miss people ducking beneath my brother's guitar and whatever bass player we had that week gunning through the pit and nearly crashing through my kit. We've got some killer AWF live videos from shows at Reflections, maybe I'll get them up on YouTube someday. Ah, memories.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Nov 2,2007 11:51am
Yeah, I started playing in bands in the generation after yours, and I hate to say it, but I think ours was the origin of the steady(rapid) decline in fun at shows. We brought the overly shitty mentalities and the show-off nature of kids nowadays.
Anyways, I wish todays shows could be like the ones in 1998-2001, maybe then I'd be inclined to go to ones every weekend again instead of just being satiated in playing my own

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Nov 2,2007 12:06pm
i totally agree with that statement.

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Nov 2,2007 12:09pm
Ditto, but I don't even get to go to shows anymore unless I'm playing them. Finding a babysitter for three terrorists is near fucking impossible.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 2,2007 1:15pm
Hey, whatever happened to Celtic Frost?

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 3,2007 12:50am
aaron_michael said:
I still have one somewhere in my apartment. Reflections, Cafe Mio, Revere YMCA, and The Red Barn were all weekend hangouts when I was 16-18 so I saw all of these bands on a regular basis. Fun times.

My first 3 real local metal shows were at those 3 venues, only in reverse order as you listed them. The first was The Red Chord (probably the 2nd show they did after they changed their name from Ictus), Beyond The Sixth Seal right after the 1st good demo came out, Cannae when they were noisy as all fuck, Year Of Our Lord just after The Frozen Divide came out, Eternal Suffering when Wayne was still singing, and my cousin's old band All These Years with Dan Lozzi from Sevenday Curse.

When I was 17...I went to some very good shows...

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 3,2007 1:53am
aaron_michael said:
If you had a million dollars to give to bands to play a reunion, or for a show to bring back your younger days, what bands would you put together to share the same stage?

Back to the topic at hand...

I'm gonna limit this to five and based on what I've been listening to lately, I'd go with DS-13, Gordon Solie Motherfuckers...

Oh yeah, and Infest.

Okay, so that's not five, fuck it.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][3:13:26am Apr 23,2024
load time 0.02657 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]