New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Heroes: the Kindness of Strangers (episode 204) by the_reverend on Oct 17,2007 10:18am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2007 10:18am
anyone else watch this? I just got done with it. I was starting to suspect that Nathan Petrelli was doing something with the deaths, but then when he went to see his mom, I figured that was a Red Herring.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2007 10:21am
and what was the deal with this bugs crawling up to that american? I wonder have figured that Sylar wasn't out of that girl's powers. But I'm not sure. I know that he only thinks that he took her powers. I'm pretty sure she is driving him back towards NYC.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Oct 17,2007 11:34am
I don't think he is able to or has any powers at all now, else he would've had the two mexicans for lunch already.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2007 12:02pm
you didn't hear the clock clicking down?
I think after he didn't get the girl that controls everything's power, he is hesitant

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Oct 17,2007 2:52pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2007 2:59pm
is that from the future?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 17,2007 3:17pm
this show still sucks

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Oct 17,2007 8:12pm
the_reverend said:
you didn't hear the clock clicking down?
I think after he didn't get the girl that controls everything's power, he is hesitant

I really have no clue where you're coming from.

Are you referring to the girl who can create illusions?

Right now syler is powerless. There was no clock ticking down, in fact the closeup you refer to was of his watch still broken, showing that even his own original power is out of commission. If Syler had his abilities, he would not be driving to the US with those two fugitive kids. He'd kill them and take their powers, like his usual MO.

As for the "bugs", that's a recurring thing with syler. It's just a single cockroach, and I believe it's meant to symbolize syler's ability to adapt to any situation. The cockroach also appears in the scene where he escaped his captors in the first season, as well as in the final episode when it showed that he had crawled/been dragged away. The cockroach had nothing to do with the american guy, it's a syler thing.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2007 8:39pm
um.. I will check again when I get a chance tonight. but you hear the clocks ticking down again. you also here them counting down when sylar is looking at the illusion girl.

the bugs showed up there and the illusion girl said she took sylar away/saved him.
here, I just found the wiki entry that talks about that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylar#After_New_York

since the cockroaches showed up when she saved sylar and then when he tried to take her powers and it failed, I figured that she's still controlling things. some how. I doubt the roaches have anything to do with him since he's out of powers and has something with him being shadowed and now whatever is shadowing him, is driving him towards NYC again.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2007 8:40pm
from that wiki
Throughout, a jagged, broken version of Sylar's 'clockwork' theme is heard.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Oct 17,2007 8:51pm
Note: "Jagged, Broken"

He's trying to use his powers, but he can't. I wouldn't doubt your idea that the illusion chick is not really out of the picture, however. That would make a lot of sense.

As for the roaches, it's what I've already said. There's a lot of talk about it on the 9th wonders forum. The roach showed up in the part where he "died" in captivity in the first season, and also appeared in the final scene of the first season, when his "dead" corpse had been dragged off to the sewer. I think it's just a recurring theme showing how Syler is able to adapt in fucked up situations, like a roach. There was a directors comment somewhere along these lines sometime last season.

Again: If Syler had his powers, that chick and her boyfriend would be dead already. He's hoping to follow them to suresch, and to find out how to get his powers back, steal theirs, and use suresch to find more people with powers.

I think Syler either has that virus that had taken away the Haitian's powers. However, your idea that the illusion chick is still alive makes sense too. After all, I was pretty sure she was dead last season, and she popped up again.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Oct 17,2007 8:54pm
P.S. - I'm really surprised you're worried about this crap, when all I can THINK about it matt Parkman's dad. I wonder if it's going to turn out that ALL of these heroes are directly related.

Also: What the FUCK is Pitrelli's mom's powers? And for that matter, what was Hiro's dad's power?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2007 8:59pm
YES or bob. we only know linderman's powers from the "first" general. though it's not truly the first generation cause of that old samuri.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Oct 17,2007 9:04pm
Also the old black guy, who visited peter from the dead last year. I'm not sure how it works, but I assume that was his power.

Bob has the power to turn anything into gold.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][2:09:12pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02351 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]