New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Infest, Capitalist Casualties, Spazz, Weekend Nachos by ZJD on Oct 15,2007 7:34pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 15,2007 7:34pm
In my quest for fast hardcore/powerviolence that started about 7 months ago, these are the 4 bands that I come back to the most. Infest wins by a mile. I also have Crossed Out, Dropdead, Lack of Interest, and Siege.

Who do I need to check out that I haven't/forgot to list? I am still mostly an idiot about this stuff.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 15,2007 7:41pm
No Comment, Plutocracy

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 15,2007 7:44pm
I realized just now that I have already posed this question to you and Lamp in private, probably several times, and nobody else is going to post in this thread.

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood   at Oct 15,2007 7:46pm
Heresy and Scholastic Deth. If you don't have everything that these bands have ever made ever, go out and get it.

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 15,2007 7:47pm
Scholastic Deth is a band I forgot and i think they're great. Heresy is new.

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 15,2007 7:48pm
ehhhh while I'm at it does anyone want to YSI me the new Insect Warfare?

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Oct 15,2007 8:05pm
Charles Bronson

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Oct 15,2007 11:01pm
MK Ultra
Larm/Seein' Red(basically the same people but two different bands)
Asshole Parade
Despise You
Hellnation
Burn Your Bridges
Slight Slappers
Flachenbrand
Yacopsae
Hummingbird of Death
XFilesX
Vitamin X(Down the Drain would be your best bet)
Mind Eraser
Soul Swallower
Straight Edge Kegger
old Think I Care
Breakfast
Jellyroll Rockheads
R.A.M.B.O.
No Comply
Warzone Womyn
Chainsaw to the Face
blah blah blah blah blah blah on and on and on

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 15,2007 11:56pm
Either Insult is awesome as well.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 16,2007 12:00am
Either band named Insult, I meant. Not some band called Either Insult.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Oct 16,2007 6:51am
The one from Holland is waaaaaay better.

toggletoggle post by C.DEaD at Oct 16,2007 8:59am
Also, Harsh from Finland, Quill from Japan, locals Breathing Fire, Ripchord from UK, and more i can't think of right now. Yes, go and get some Heresy and Ripchord!

I can't believe no one mentioned Man is the Bastard. They are the ones who came up with the tag "Power-Violence" even if it was completely different.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Oct 16,2007 11:23am
I believe the UK band is spelled "Ripcord". Quill is good, they have some stuff out other than that split with Charles Bronson, but I haven't heard any of it.

I can think of a couple now I forgot too, Uzi Suicide, Bruce Banner, Fuck on the Beach(how did I forget them!?), Code 13, Scapegoat, Sidetracked, Short Hate Temper, Stikky, Ulcer, Conquest for Death, local band Third Death(the best in town)...you know. Some of these are a bit of a stretch from powerviolence, but it's fast hardcore nonetheless, I guess.

toggletoggle post by C.DEaD at Oct 16,2007 11:54am
Fuck, forgot about Ulcer, that band was fucking awesome. Quill is basically the same band as Final Exit, just more musical than FE's more noisecore oriented stuff.

I do hate the term "power violence" though. As i mentioned above, MITB came up with it to describe their music, and bands that used it typically then and now to me is just like Lamp said, "....fast hardcore"

You are write, "Ripcord", is there anything else i spelled wrong or use out of context?

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Oct 16,2007 12:03pm
he's 'WRITE', Jay?

Dont you mean, RIGHT? hahaha stupid!

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Oct 16,2007 12:26pm
C.DEaD said:
I do hate the term "power violence" though. As i mentioned above, MITB came up with it to describe their music, and bands that used it typically then and now to me is just like Lamp said, "....fast hardcore"

A lot of what gets described as "powerviolence" today that actually seems to fit into the term well is basically sounding more and more like metal. In between short blasts, there's lots of sludgy riffs. So basically think of Crossed Out playing their fast parts and the slower parts sounding kind of like Crossed Out but more like Grief or something. Weekend Nachos, Mind Eraser, and Warzone Womyn seem to fit that pretty well, as does Mindless Mutant who hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread.

Most of the other bands I'd just substitute for calling "fastcore".

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 16,2007 12:26pm
Last night I got Charles Bronson, Fuck on the Beach, and Hellnation, but havent listened to much yet. Also, what is Disrupt classified as because I got them too and appreciated it instantly. I thought they were a crust band but I don't really know what crust is. Again, I know I sound stupid about this shit because I am.

I saw Breathing Fire a few months ago at AS220, and the vocalist did his entire set grabbing his own ass. I am pretty familiar with Yacopsae, but have nothing. IS RAMBO the band the dresses up like pirates and stuff and has cardboard dragons and shit?

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 16,2007 12:29pm
Anyone want to be a pal and YSI any of this stuff? Many of these bands have proven impossible for me to find.

Lamp, if by sounding more metal you just mean the big sludge riffs, then that's the stuff I want the most.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Oct 16,2007 12:34pm
Disrupt is definitely a crust band.

If you're looking for sludgy riffs, one thing I'd try and track down a copy of is the Endless Blockade/Warzone Womyn split LP. The Endless Blockade side has just two long doomy type songs...supposedly that's not what they normally sound like, but I wouldn't know or anything. Try and get some Despise You stuff too...the guys who created that band were in black/death metal type bands and I remember seeing an interview with one of them a while ago that said "Go figure the one thing I put the least amount of effort into becomes this big DIY phenomenon". Some pretty metal sounding stuff in their songs.

And what are you using to download music?

toggletoggle post by C.DEaD at Oct 16,2007 1:35pm
Kinslayer said:
he's 'WRITE', Jay?

Dont you mean, RIGHT? hahaha stupid!

Go right over your head much?

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Oct 16,2007 1:44pm
no, see my sarcasm went over YOUR head...

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Oct 16,2007 1:44pm
gay face.

toggletoggle post by C.DEaD at Oct 16,2007 2:40pm
Kinslayer said:
no, see my sarcasm went over YOUR head...

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 16,2007 4:35pm
Lamp said:

And what are you using to download music?

Soulseek. It's the only client I've found where I don't have to track down every individual song, which I is something I can't deal with.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Oct 17,2007 8:22pm
RichHorror said:
Either band named Insult, I meant. Not some band called Either Insult.

My new band is called Either Insult, and we are offended.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 17,2007 8:44pm
Yo mutha.

toggletoggle post by MikeGiallo at Oct 17,2007 10:27pm
Everything I was gonna mention was already mentioned except Godstomper. Check them out they're noisy drum and bass PV.

Also check out Neanderthal doesn't really fit in any category but it's like Man is the Bastard, they have the same members.

Also, Pissed Happy Children, Pillsbury Hardcore, and Stikky.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 17,2007 10:33pm
I try not to listen to any of the "new" shit like Weekend Nachos

I bet they rule, I bet I'd love them, but I feel like music is having a hard time progressing with everyone doing the same shit all the time.

Cynical, maybe?

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 17,2007 10:39pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said:

I bet they rule, I bet I'd love them, but I feel like music is having a hard time progressing with everyone doing the same shit all the time.

Cynical, maybe?

Aren't you in the process of forming an oldschool hardcore band and doing Black Flag covers?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 17,2007 10:54pm
ZJD said:

Cynical, maybe?

Aren't you in the process of forming an oldschool hardcore band and doing Black Flag covers?

Ironic, isn't it?

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 17,2007 10:58pm
ZJD said:

Cynical, maybe?

Ironic, isn't it?

I was thinking it was stupid but irony works too if that's your preference.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 17,2007 11:05pm
ZJD said:
ZJD said:

Cynical, maybe?

Ironic, isn't it?

I was thinking it was stupid but irony works too if that's your preference.

Can't it be both?

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 17,2007 11:13pm
No.
Have you ever noticed that most of the time people use irony, they use it to describe something that is not ironic but rather unfortunate or weird? This is like that only I believe you are using it to describe something that makes no sense.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Oct 17,2007 11:19pm
It's like rain, on your wedding day...

A free ride when you've already paid...

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Oct 17,2007 11:22pm
MikeGiallo said:
Everything I was gonna mention was already mentioned except Godstomper. Check them out they're noisy drum and bass PV.

Also check out Neanderthal doesn't really fit in any category but it's like Man is the Bastard, they have the same members.

I forgot to mention Stikky? Shit.

All those other bands I left out on purpose. I don't like anything Eric Wood did outside of MITB and Godstomper isn't really very good either.

While I'm at it, I don't really like Plutocracy much.

Everything else mentioned in this thread is rad.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Oct 17,2007 11:23pm

You don't have to listen to them. Just read the lyrics to the Torture 7" and tell me with a straight face you don't love them without hearing them. If you can do that, I hate you.

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 17,2007 11:31pm
Lamp said:
MikeGiallo said:

I forgot to mention Stikky? Shit.

All those other bands I left out on purpose. I don't like anything Eric Wood did outside of MITB and Godstomper isn't really very good either.

While I'm at it, I don't really like Plutocracy much.

Everything else mentioned in this thread is rad.

I didn't really like the Plutocracy I got a few months ago either.
Since last posting about music, I got Despise you, Mind Eraser, and Yacopsae, all of which I like very much. I also got the Insect Warfare full length and decided I like it enough to justify multiple tshirts. The 4 bands in the title still remain more special to me when I listen to them than everything else I've found though. Scholastic Deth has the greatest #5 potential at this point.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Oct 18,2007 12:08am
Your taste in powerviolence seems to be about the same as mine.

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Nov 29,2007 8:58pm
Lamp said:
Your taste in powerviolence seems to be about the same as mine.

I never read this response. Does this make us best friends now?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2007 9:52pm
BFF's!

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 29,2007 10:08pm
lolz

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Nov 29,2007 10:10pm
best fucking buttfuck friends forever

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Nov 29,2007 10:39pm
I was reading Scholastic Deth lyrics just now and saw "Solo King, Solo Hanneman" on Book Attack for the solo break and laughed out loud.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 29,2007 11:01pm
ZJD said:
I was reading Scholastic Deth lyrics just now and saw "Solo King, Solo Hanneman" on Book Attack for the solo break and laughed out loud.

Priceless.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][2:36:30pm Apr 16,2024
load time 0.12431 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]