New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Question for the photographer types here... by JayTUS nli on Oct 10,2007 10:47pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Oct 10,2007 10:47pm
Anyone ever bought from this website?

http://www.1wayphoto.com/

Prices are great, especially on the lens I am thinking of getting. It's a couple dollars more on an ebay auction ending in a few and just don't want to get burned... thanks.

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Oct 10,2007 11:26pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 10,2007 11:30pm
yeah, the prices there are saving under like $10.
I would add http://www.jr.com to that list to.
call them up and you might get free things too.

toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Oct 10,2007 11:42pm
Damnit I knew it was too good to be true. Thanks. I was looking at the Canon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens and they had it for $249 but no way am I ordering there now. I just wish I had looked into this earlier so I didn't miss that ebay auction...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 10,2007 11:53pm
that lens sucks and it would be terrible on your camera.
don't waste money since you will just buy good stuff later.
28mm IS NOT wide angle on your camera.

toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Oct 10,2007 11:57pm
What would you recommend for a decent lens for now that's not going to break the bank. The ones I have are... meh. I thought the image stabilization would do me good. I got some decent shots at the Patriots game over the weekend with my 75-300, but still, I need a solid lens for shows. Not stoked with the stock 18-55.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Oct 11,2007 12:14am
Vegas gave 2-1 odds on that store being run by Arabs.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 11,2007 1:56am
there is a 70-200IS

toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Oct 11,2007 7:58am
Yeah but I would need something less than 70 for shows. I can barely even use my 75-300 at shows right now. Just looking for a decent close range lens...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 11,2007 8:12am
that lens isn't much better than the kit lens that you have. on a DX camera 28mm wide angle is almost useless (unless you really liketaking arty photos where you cut off the person's head and most of the guitar).
use you kit lens and buy the 580ex II and a 50mm f/1.8. then save up for a 17-55 f/2.8
you claim that you don't know anything about this camera stuff yet so why toss money out on things you don't need or aren't right? if you are willing to just toss cash like that, I need a new sb-800 and they are like $300.

toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Oct 11,2007 9:15pm
The flash is going to make that big of a difference huh? I guess I'll bump that to priority #1. That 50mm f/1.8 seems pretty cheap and I've heard others say it is pretty good, so I'll try that one out.

For some reason I just imagine that was the lens most other people were using. Oh well, I trust your advice which is obviously why I am here asking haha...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 11,2007 10:47pm
no, just lik everyone else, you ask advice to hear youself talk. not to get people's Advice. the flash is a must and will extend your usage of the kit lens until you can buy a good lens. the 50mm f1.8 is $80 and a must. you can learn the fundamentals with that.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Oct 12,2007 8:52am
My friend, I sell you flash for super low price you not get better price anywhere.

This flash cheap price for great phototakeography, no box, just flash save you BEEG MAAHNAY!

Only 49.95, shipping fair price of 900,000 faarhm.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][10:20:40am Apr 23,2024
load time 0.01840 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]