New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> venom's career is over because dez frafrafrafrafra said so by dreadkill on Oct 1,2007 5:09pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Oct 1,2007 5:09pm
Metal-Rules.com recently conducted an interview with DEVILDRIVER frontman Dez Fafara. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Metal-Rules.com: DEVILDRIVER was supposed to tour with VENOM last year. How disappointing was that when that got cancelled?

Dez: Really bad and really fucking disappointing in the way that they reacted. Those are heroes of mine and what happened is they postponed their tour TWICE, and as soon as they called us back and said, "Okay, NOW we're ready to go. Are you going to do the tour?" We said, "Well, no. We've already got Australia booked," and then they went on Sirius radio and said some extremely negative things about me and so now, if I ever see that fucking singer [Cronos], I don't care if he's a legend, I'm going to fucking grab him by the throat and teach him what responsibility is all about. You can put that in press. I hope it's everywhere right now because I owe that motherfucker a lashing. He's nothing but an old man that should have never said shit about DEVILDRIVER because we waited. We put off TWO tours to tour with those guys and they kept putting their stuff back and putting their shit back because ticket sales weren't selling. They were saying that their visas were being revoked and when they finally got some ticket sales going and some marketing happening, that's when they called us back for the tour and we already had plans. Then he said REALLY negative shit about me and my band, so fuck that dude! I don't care what a legend he is or thinks he is but when I see him, I'm fucking going to confront him physically.

Metal-Rules.com: That's really shitty, too. I mean, not just on a professional level but on a personal level being, like you say, they were heroes of yours…

Dez: Shitty dude!!! I'm wearing a VENOM shirt right now while we're talking. Right now! And now I think everybody that just says they like VENOM just wants to be fucking cool because the guy's a dickhead and I've only seen like two of those in twelve years, I swear to god. Everybody I've ever run into from, like we said, from [Dave] Mustaine to [Philip] Anselmo and to Ozzy have all been the most down to earth, cool guys. But that dude should have never fucking opened his mouth against me and my band. DEVILDRIVER will take that band apart and he should just go….go fucking get a job at Wal-Mart because he's done.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Oct 1,2007 5:09pm
what a meathead

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Oct 1,2007 5:14pm
This guy is a fag. I heard the Sirius interview with Cronos and it was hilarious. My money is on Cronos if this fag tried to start a fight, which he never would.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 1,2007 5:16pm
dez will take cronos and give him a DD tattoo.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Oct 1,2007 5:17pm
the_reverend said:
dez will take cronos and give him a DD tattoo.

Actually a DD tattoo is probably the worst thing that could happen to anyone.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Oct 1,2007 5:20pm
i saw a kid with a DD tattoo once. it was hilarious. far worse than a ken susi tattoo.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Oct 1,2007 5:25pm
largefreakatzero said:
My money is on Cronos if this fag tried to start a fight, which he never would.

Yeah Cronos is pretty jacked too, he might be an old man, but I'm sure he could throw down with Dez no problem.

toggletoggle post by DaveFromTheGrave  at Oct 1,2007 5:27pm
Devildriver sucks

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 1,2007 5:31pm

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN COAL CHAMBER RUNS WILD ON YOU?!

toggletoggle post by hyper_sludge at Oct 1,2007 5:33pm
this guy got tattoos on his throat and face, he's GOT TO be tuff! watch out cronos!

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Oct 1,2007 5:35pm
Yeah dude, he's LOCO. Cronos better watch out.

toggletoggle post by hyper_sludge at Oct 1,2007 5:37pm
Someone tell Phil Anselmo to say Dez Farfarafar needs to be severely beaten in an interview, and see what happens.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 1,2007 5:40pm
hyper_sludge said:
Someone tell Phil Anselmo to say Dez Farfarafar needs to be severely beaten in an interview, and see what happens.

HAH!

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Oct 1,2007 5:47pm
well I like Venom and I am DEFINITELY not cool

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Oct 1,2007 5:56pm
That fag doesn't know who he's fucking with,

VENOM IS LIKE STONE THAT YOU CRUSH TOWN WITH AND THEN YOU GO ONTO THE NEXT TOWN AND CRUSH AGAIN

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Oct 1,2007 5:56pm
While I think Dez calling out Cronos for a fight is childish and pointless, he has a point about the tours.

toggletoggle post by Aegtathis nli at Oct 1,2007 6:56pm
Maybe they had a good reason for postponing the tours, but then again it really shouldn't matter. Coal Chamber and Devil Driver combined still cant compare to Venom.
Personally Id say hes nuts for announcing the idea of fighting Cronos, the little Hairdresser vs. the Aerobics instructor, haha. Thats almost as absurd as Steven Tyler saying he was gonna kick Bruce Willis' ass for gettin to close to his daughter when they where making Armageddon.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Oct 1,2007 7:53pm
I'm trying to put all music taste aside.
You join a band, that somehow miraculously get attention, play ozzfest, the whole nine. You start another band and get to tour with all kinds of metal bands that influenced you growing up. At this point you're trying to tour as much as possible. So you set up a tour, then an awesome band asks you to join them on tour, so you cancel all your previous dates thinking it's too good to pass up. Then they cancel...and then again they cancel.
I'd be pissed too. Especially if it had more to do with ticket sales than anything. For the most part I agree with how he feels but he should be aware of how the music business works by now. He talks too much.

toggletoggle post by BrianDBB  at Oct 1,2007 8:15pm
Venom probably made all that shit up just so they wouldn't have to tour with Devildriver.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Oct 1,2007 8:52pm
don fuk wit devadriva nugga

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 2,2007 10:38am
BrianDBB said:
Venom probably made all that shit up just so they wouldn't have to tour with Devildriver.

hahah Cronos agreed to the tour without knowing who they are, heard them, and cancelled. Dez is gay.

toggletoggle post by Greg D at Oct 2,2007 2:41pm
Coal chamber sucked. Devildriver still sucks. It's a crappy Nu metal band trying way too hard to ride the metal resurgence. You can wear all the Venom shirts you want. Anyone with a brain in their head can see through it. And challenging someone to a fight in the press is ludicrous in this day and age.
Waaa, poor little poser nu metal baby wants attention. Waaaaa.

(But I have to admit, that new Venom CD is not very good. A big letdown after Ressurection.)

Carry on.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Oct 2,2007 2:48pm
was Ressurection considered to be a good one? I didnt think it was bad, but I kinda figured people responded to it the same way that most people did with Diabolus In Musica.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Oct 2,2007 3:22pm
there were more goodies on Cast in Stone, but Resurrection had a few good crushers. More than Metal Black, at any rate.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 2,2007 3:25pm
Dez Falafel makes Dio look like the Rock Biter.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Oct 2,2007 3:39pm
Bitey the Rockbiter!

toggletoggle post by Greg D at Oct 2,2007 4:39pm
Aegathis said:
was Ressurection considered to be a good one? I didnt think it was bad, but I kinda figured people responded to it the same way that most people did with Diabolus In Musica.

I thought it was great. Cast In Stone has a few really good ones on it also. The Evil One, Bleeding and Mortals are fucking awesome. I even liked the song at the end, Legion, even if it all samples tied together.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][4:18:01pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02519 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]