New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> WOOOO Verizon Online Tech Support! by Sacreligion on Aug 24,2007 5:17am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Aug 24,2007 5:17am edited Aug 24,2007 5:19am
So my DSL has been running retarded slow the last few days(downloading at like 3Kb/sec), I felt like I was 16 and using Napster again, waiting 20 minutes for a 4 minute song to download on a 28.8kbps modem.

I finally get fed up with it and decide it must be something fucked up with either the USB drivers on my computer or the preferences in the DSL connection, but I just say fuck it and reformat my entire computer(which I just did like 2 months ago, but it's my failsafe when I think something on the computer is fucked).

Anyhow, I go through that 2 hour process, re-install the Verizon shit, but to no avail. I end up trying to download Mozilla at like 3K/sec. So I call Verizon Tech Support:

After talking to a machine for about 7 minutes, I get transferred to someone who can supposedly help me. I tell him what's wrong, he pauses, and tells me to wait a few minutes(obviously finding the script for what he needs to say, because this dude has no idea about how to do anything on a computer). So anyhow, he has me do all this bullshit, unplugging and plugging wires every which way. He's doing line tests from his end to see what's up with my connection. Has me going through the Control Panel, setting up new modems and TCP/IP connections and shit.

At the end of this fiasco, he tells me to try to connect again, and that it should be at full speed. The connection fails. Seven times. He then proceeds to tell me "Oh, I just discovered it's a problem on our end. Someone will call you in 24-48 hours."

So here I am thinking "Fuckin great, your internet was sucking balls before I called, and you somehow managed to make it worse with your 'tech support'...TERRIFIC!"

Anyhow, I get frustrated again and just shut off the computer and try to go to bed. Then I think "Hey, maybe that guy was just retarded and I should try one more time"

Sure enough, I tinker with it for a little bit, undoing everything that dude told me to do and VOILA...super speed internet again! No thanks to some fucking script-reading goobacks, though.

Maybe I'm the real asshole for dealing with all that only to find out it wasn't necessary at all and I could have fixed it in the first place.

Meh.

Hope you enjoyed.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Aug 24,2007 7:14am
Their DSL has always sucked. I used to randomly get ridiculously slow speeds off of Verizon DSL a few times a week if not more.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 24,2007 7:34am
first

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 24,2007 7:35am
fuck, asshole.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Aug 24,2007 8:02am
mtu right? its a funky number

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 24,2007 8:08am
you shouldnt touch your mtu.
ethernet: 1518 max 64 min
gig: 65k max (where supported), 9k typically, but frams are usually not over 1518 since they come from a 10/100 stack which will do tcp/ip framing and windowing.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Aug 24,2007 1:07pm
what does that even mean?!

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Aug 24,2007 1:08pm
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said:
Their DSL has always sucked. I used to randomly get ridiculously slow speeds off of Verizon DSL a few times a week if not more.

i've never really had an issue with it before until this week. it's been hooked up in this apartment for a good 3-4 years now, too

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Aug 24,2007 1:20pm
It's because you touch yourself at night.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Aug 24,2007 1:21pm
Delete system32 folder for LIGHTNING FAST DOWNLOADS!

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Aug 24,2007 3:29pm
u have to change it on verizon dsl...
max of 1492

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][10:24:47am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.00926 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]