New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> new BTBAM leaked by archaeon on Aug 18,2007 8:28pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 18,2007 8:28pm

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Aug 18,2007 9:56pm
any good?

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 18,2007 10:08pm
more progressive, of course. i like the drum tone on this one wayyyy better than Alaska.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Aug 18,2007 10:56pm
I don't hate it as much as I thought I would. But I really despise a lot of the hokey parts.

Talking to Moe about them the other day he put it best, this band has become a total caricature of themselves.

toggletoggle post by ZenErik   at Aug 18,2007 11:01pm edited Aug 18,2007 11:04pm
I'm only on the 3rd track, but I'm really liking it so far.

So far I'm hearing a lot of death metal/metalcore meets Dream Theater. A lot more so than the last album.

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Aug 19,2007 12:06am
I love you.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 19,2007 12:50am
I enjoyed their first album, then The Silent Circus came out and I was far from impressed. I didn't give a shit about them until I finally heard Alaska and thought it was a lot better, since most of the band is made up of Glass Casket now. I'll be looking forward to hearing the new stuff, minus the hokey parts.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Aug 19,2007 12:56am
Glass casket was always members from BTBAM. Glasscasket actually has fewer members from BTBAM than they did on the last two albums (assuming they didn't break up like I've been hearing, but I'll keep my fingers crossed).

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 19,2007 12:58am
Well then. I guess I thought wrong.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 19,2007 1:16am
So far it sounds pretty good. A lot more like their other stuff than I expected. After the cover album, I was worried I'd be hearing some motley crue or some shit.

The drums do sound better. However, I'm not as happy about the guitars. Not just the sound, but it seems like there's a lot of stuff that's tuned higher than usual. I'm only on track 2 right now, so I may be wrong.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 19,2007 1:20am
ZenErik said:

So far I'm hearing a lot of death metal/metalcore meets Dream Theater.

I have no idea where you get Dream Theater out of this. Because it's technical? Or because there's more of a progressive/classic rock sound on this album?

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 19,2007 1:21am
Someone please tell this fag to stop SINGING. It was cute on one album, for one song. Now it's just an annoying pain in the ass. It would be nice if he could actually SING, but these vocals are fucking horrible.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 19,2007 1:24am
ArrowHead likes Pie said:
ZenErik said:

So far I'm hearing a lot of death metal/metalcore meets Dream Theater.

I have no idea where you get Dream Theater out of this. Because it's technical? Or because there's more of a progressive/classic rock sound on this album?

Nevermind. I just got to track 4. Wow, how incredible gay.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Aug 19,2007 4:09am
i cant dig this at all. great musicianship, too much bullshitsanship.

toggletoggle post by brad weymouth at Aug 19,2007 8:43am
balls to balls add men?

toggletoggle post by death metal at Aug 19,2007 9:43am
it's leaked huh??? why don't you plug that back up and make sure it never comes out. they are gay.

toggletoggle post by DetahGrind at Aug 19,2007 10:35am
I like BTBAM alot but this album sucks.....its like they want to be opeth but can't pull it off...Too much cheese and not enough meat....the new The Number Twelve Looks Like You is sick Go get that album!

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Aug 19,2007 11:39am
new numbah 12 isnt sick, you lose

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 19,2007 11:43am
the track I heard live reminded me of radio head's I'm a creep.

toggletoggle post by secthammer at Aug 19,2007 1:39pm
the_reverend said:
the track I heard live reminded me of radio head's I'm a creep.

Maybe you are one, always lurking about, taking pictures of people when they're not looking...

And we're all grateful and love you for it, not the brotherly love though, it's more like this kind

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 19,2007 2:34pm
death metal said:
it's leaked huh??? why don't you plug that back up and make sure it never comes out. they are gay.

but they bring the slam!

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 19,2007 5:40pm
DetahGrind said:
I like BTBAM alot but this album sucks.....its like they want to be opeth but can't pull it off...Too much cheese and not enough meat....the new The Number Twelve Looks Like You is sick Go get that album!

I really don't get where or how they're "like trying to sound like Opeth at all." It doesn't sound even minutely like Opeth in feel or sound. Are you super high or super stupid? Or have you never, ever heard Opeth beyond Blackwater Park?

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Aug 19,2007 5:41pm
I do think that it's a great album though.....I'm impressed. I think that these dudes have class. The musicianship is very, very good.

toggletoggle post by DeathGrind at Aug 19,2007 5:59pm
Hoser said:
DetahGrind said:

I really don't get where or how they're "like trying to sound like Opeth at all." It doesn't sound even minutely like Opeth in feel or sound. Are you super high or super stupid? Or have you never, ever heard Opeth beyond Blackwater Park?

Lets see they have 13 min songs opeth, they have clean and harse vocals opeth, they have keyboads opeth, they have heavy guitar parts and clean guitar parts opeth...The sound isn't simliar just the elements

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 19,2007 7:50pm
you're an idiot

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 19,2007 8:11pm
you know, opeth invented all those things.

toggletoggle post by ZenErik   at Aug 19,2007 8:28pm
So what is every band with a guitarist, bassist, vocalist, and drummer trying to be?

toggletoggle post by hung_to_bleed   at Aug 19,2007 8:50pm
You couldn't pay me to pirate this album.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Aug 19,2007 10:32pm
Glass Casket is awesome.

toggletoggle post by cav at Aug 19,2007 10:46pm
glass casket > btbam (besides the first record, which is nothing sort of a masterpiece)

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 19,2007 10:52pm
Overall the album is pretty good. However, it's an obvious marker that the band is spiraling away from any sense of their own "sound".

While the albums leading up to this seem to have a revolving set of genres set against a constant theme of death metal, the newest album seems to at times completely leave the metal behind, and just play with the other genres. Kinda going from being pompous with a purpose to just being pompous.

On a scale of one to ten, with 1 being "Kill Em All" and 10 being the release of feature films of band members crying in therapy, I rate the new BTBAM somewhere between And Justice... and The Black Album.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 19,2007 10:54pm
Oh, and the vocalist needs to be killed.

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Aug 19,2007 11:35pm
Personally I think the album is great. I don't see where people get off saying they're trying to be like Opeth because they sound nothing alike. Yeah the elements are there but that's what the "Progressive" genre is. Showing no boundries when it comes to musicianship, not sticking to one style/sound and working with all types to make it your own. The singing element has been on EVERY single BTBAM cd so I don't see what's so different there.

Maybe I'm just a huge BTBAM fan but IMO I think the album is another piece of art from this band.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 19,2007 11:52pm
SteveOTB said:
The singing element has been on EVERY single BTBAM cd so I don't see what's so different there.

wrong. On the first album, there was singing on ONE song, and it WASN'T the SINGER! It was the old drummer, and it didn't suck.

Since then, the singer has felt the need to inject more and more of his own crappy singing all over the albums. This new one is the worst yet, as far as that.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Aug 21,2007 12:25pm
Arrowhead=wrong. The first one has singing on more than one song.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Aug 21,2007 12:26pm
Amazing cd by the way.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 21,2007 12:41pm
immortal13 said:

Oh sorry, TWO songs. And a little tiny breakdown in another.

Again, but it's NOT THE SINGER!!! The drummer actually sang well, and I dug it on the first album. The singer, however, sucks and sings all over this new album.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Aug 21,2007 12:51pm
I may be wrong...but is the first album the self titled one with 8 songs in it? The first song is More of Myself to Kill? That's the album I'm thinking of right now.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 21,2007 12:53pm
ZenErik said:
So what is every band with a guitarist, bassist, vocalist, and drummer trying to be?

Foghat. Even the bands before Foghat were trying to be Foghat.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 21,2007 1:10pm
i really like the covers album they did. their versions of Blackened and The Day I Tried to Live are amazing.

toggletoggle post by murph nli at Aug 21,2007 1:21pm
ArrowHead likes Pie said:
immortal13 said:

Oh sorry, TWO songs. And a little tiny breakdown in another.

Again, but it's NOT THE SINGER!!! The drummer actually sang well, and I dug it on the first album. The singer, however, sucks and sings all over this new album.

except for track three, where I'm pretty sure the kid that sings for them now does the high-pitched metal vox for about 8 bars.

I haven't heard this new stuff and I don't think I will.

To me Silent Circus blows all their other shit away far and beyond, there were a few elements on Alaska that I loved, but that's it.

In other news, Glass Casket is and always will be far superior to BTBAM, and should be required listening material for all humans.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Aug 21,2007 1:24pm
If I am right an that is the first album, then there is singing on at least 7 out of the 8 songs.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 21,2007 1:44pm
immortal13 said:
If I am right an that is the first album, then there is singing on at least 7 out of the 8 songs.

What are you calling "singing"?

There's 2.25 songs with clean vocals. "Aspirations", which is the drummer singing, "Shevanel Cut a Flip" which is again not the singer, and a half assed melodic breakdown in "More of Myself to Kill", which is the singer and the drummer.

That, and there's a little 10 second snippet of some shitty clean vocals at the end of "naked by the computer". That IS the singer.

Everything after this album has been the singer trying to take over the role of clean vocals, and sucking the whole way through.

toggletoggle post by Brandon.. at Aug 21,2007 1:54pm
Yea the first cd definatley had 3 songs with singing parts, and if you really listen its not that differnt than what they are doing now. They have always been technical and with long melodic parts and hints of progressive, they have just grown alot. Its alot tighter now.

As for glass casket they are no where near as good as btbam. The newer album sounds like a btbam rip off. I mean its good but not as good.

And for the kid saying members of btbam were always in glass casket thats not true. The drummer and guitarist joined btbam while they were touring for the silent circus and then recorded alaska.

toggletoggle post by murph nli at Aug 21,2007 2:11pm
Brandon.. said:

As for glass casket they are no where near as good as btbam. The newer album sounds like a btbam rip off. I mean its good but not as good.

I don't agree with this at all.

In no way, shape, or form does new GC sound anything like BTBAM: it is much, much heavier and droning, and vocally sound nothing alike.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 21,2007 2:14pm
Glass Casket is far more intense and interesting than BTBAM. BTBAM may mix it up more, but most of the time they fall short of creating songs as memorable and infectious as those that Glass Casket write.

toggletoggle post by cav at Aug 21,2007 2:18pm
oh cmooooooon, stop counting singing parts, calm the fuck down, get over yourself, and just listen. music is not a reflection of how manly/wussy you are, its just music.

i mean, here is a band that is finally trying to do some new things with metal, gets a little bit of attention from ozzfest/victory/whatever, and everyone jumps on their backs for it. i think this album sounds awesome. and im glad it still sounds like them and sounds original. i like the fact that they mix a lot of different elements into their music, and its pretty much exactly what i expected. if anything its a little more brutal/metal than i had expected. if anything i can say negatively after almost one time through is some of the transitions kind of suck and lack any type of movement, like it takes a couple times through a part to get into it because of the way it comes out of the part before. if that makes any sense.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Aug 21,2007 2:21pm
I hear that...that and the hokey parts I really don't dig.

That aside, it's not as bad as I was expecting. I didn't really like Alaska and I definitely like this better.

But I always end up skipping track 4 when he starts acting like Mike Patton. It's just annoying when you're not actually mike patton.

toggletoggle post by cav at Aug 21,2007 2:22pm
ok the end of ants of the sky is just ridiculous. haha.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Aug 21,2007 2:24pm
honestly, if they made this album without the goofy crap (such as that) I would be all over this album's proverbial dick

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Aug 21,2007 3:16pm
Glass Clasket > BTBAM. Done.

toggletoggle post by murph nli at Aug 21,2007 3:26pm
brian_dc said:
I would be all over dick

awesome.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Aug 21,2007 3:33pm
YAY, DICK!

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 22,2007 4:37pm
Anyone have another link to get this new BTBAM?

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Aug 22,2007 6:36pm
EMO

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 22,2007 8:06pm
i can up it for ya mark, give me a few minutes.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 22,2007 8:27pm
Thanks Grant, but now I'm not able to steal high speed wireless internet, haha. I am stuck on my dial-up connection. :(

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 22,2007 8:54pm

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 22,2007 8:55pm
How long will that link work for? Hopefully I'll be able to pilfer some wireless tomorrow or Friday.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 22,2007 8:56pm
i think like thirty days or until megaupload closes it down, which they won't.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 22,2007 9:00pm
Weeerrrrrd. Thanks brosama.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Aug 22,2007 9:06pm
no problem brohammad

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][7:48:11am Apr 24,2024
load time 0.04274 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]