New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> MÖTLEY CRÜE Drummer TOMMY LEE Says He's 'Over' Rock Music by IMMOLATION on Aug 16,2007 4:52pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by IMMOLATION at Aug 16,2007 4:52pm
Clubplanet.com recently conducted an interview with MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

Clubplanet.com: Tommy, was there a moment where you first fell in love with electronic music, and is there a split between rock and dance fans who come to see you DJ?

Tommy Lee: At our L.A. Forum gig, there were 6,000 people, and everyone was dancing their asses off! I've always loved dance music, even back in the disco era.

Clubplanet.com: Which DJs do you like?

Lee: I like Benny Benassi, Adam Freeland, Erick Morillo…Erick and I've done a couple of things together. I can't believe it's such a shock that I like dance music, because any time I've done anything with drums, I've always incorporated electro shit, always, always, always! When I'm at home, dance music is all I listen to! I'm actually kinda over rock music…

Clubplanet.com: Tommy, did you just say you're over rock?

Lee: I really am! If I sit-down to write a song, it's definitely gonna have beats…but, just the old drum sound or cheesy rock guitars…I'm just like, ugh! I'm just tired of the same-ole.

Clubplanet.com: If electronic music producers can incorporate rock guitars and other rock-inspired sounds into their dance music, why can't a rock star play electronic music, right?

Lee: Totally! You know what I just heard today? It's a band from Australia called SILVERCHAIR; they're a rock band and I heard it from radio. They have a track called "Straight Lines", and it's a remix waiting to happen!

Clubplanet.com: When did you first become inspired to dabble in electronic dance music?

Lee: I think working on the METHODS OF MAYHEM project, which was a hybrid, rock-techno-industrial-metal thing…I wanted to combine all of those styles and put them on one record. I had everyone from Snoop Dogg to the guy from the CRYSTAL METHOD, to Kid Rock, to George Clinton, to the WU-TANG CLAN! That project was in '99-2000. I didn't just wanna be this one-dimensional "rock guy."

Clubplanet.com: Tommy, is there an aspect of DJing that satisfies you as a musician, whereas you don't find the same fulfillment playing in a band?

Lee: Yeah, it's the sounds. You sit there and you play a rock concert, and it's loud 'n' banging. But the electronic sound hits so much harder and there's something about the bass [in electronic music] that freaks me out! If you go to a club, you'll find me standing in front of the sub-woofers! [laughs] That's something that comes from DJing that I don't get from playing rock music, that big bass and gorgeous analog sound. Those sounds don't come from drums or guitars…those sounds only come from electronic drums or synthesizers! It's a whole new set of sounds you can't get with a rock band. Listen, I love rock. But with electronic, I get to taste all the flavors.

Clubplanet.com: I never would've thought Tommy Lee was such an electronic music enthusiast. Do you mind being called a "celebrity DJ?"

Lee: [moans] I fucking hate the celeb-DJ shit. My feelings get hurt. Some stupid tabloid mentioned me and Lindsay Lohan as being "celebrity DJs." Don't even put her with me in the same sentence.

Clubplanet.com: Tommy, do you ever feel as though people doubt your sincerity as a DJ?

Lee: I'm not DJing for any other reason than because I love it! When I'm sitting at a drum machine making beats, I'm in my happiest state ever. I could literally die. My close friends who come see us DJ, they're like, "Dude, when you DJ, you go into your own world!" That's true.

Clubplanet.com: Is there a downside to your fame when you're DJing?

Lee: Well, you've got the MÖTLEY fans, you've got the Tommy Lee fans, and the dance kids in there. I like it, because it's been my goal to get everyone to have fun together. I'd be so much happier if all the cameras were put away, though. Sometimes, the lighting guys are like, "What kind of lights do you want?" I'm like, "Please do not put a spotlight on me!" If I don't get a chance to tell them before the show and they put a bright spotlight on me, I ask [my tour manager] to put the spotlight on the kids.

toggletoggle post by Mess at Aug 16,2007 4:54pm
pretty obvious for a while now

toggletoggle post by IMMOLATION at Aug 16,2007 4:55pm
That's so fucked up to say coming from someone who's been in a succesful band for so long.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead likes Pie at Aug 16,2007 5:08pm
"That's something that comes from DJing that I don't get from playing rock music, that big bass and gorgeous analog sound. Those sounds don't come from drums or guitars"

Fucking retard doesn't seem to know what "analog" means.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Aug 16,2007 5:20pm
Hahahah 15 years after rock was over Tommy Lee. Way to catch up.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 16,2007 5:21pm
More proof that Italians are dumb.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Aug 16,2007 5:23pm
He is just like, ugh. Wow maaaaannn, he still has not grown up, maaannnn.
Like ugh!!! SON!!!
Fucking dick.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 16,2007 5:25pm
I couldn't care any less about anything Tommy Lee does, so this doesn't mean shit to me. BUT...is he saying he JUST heard Silverchair?! He made quite the discovery on that one.

toggletoggle post by IMMOLATION at Aug 16,2007 5:29pm
RichHorror said:
More proof that Italians are dumb.

He was born in Athens, Greece.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 16,2007 5:30pm
Anyone not from Boston is from Italy.

toggletoggle post by IMMOLATION at Aug 16,2007 5:31pm
RichHorror said:

You're right

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 16,2007 5:31pm
RichHorror said:

What if you're from Boston AND you're Italian? What happens then?!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 16,2007 5:32pm
You die, you filthy foreigner.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Aug 16,2007 5:34pm
MarkFuckingRichards said:
I couldn't care any less about anything Tommy Lee does, so this doesn't mean shit to me. BUT...is he saying he JUST heard Silverchair?! He made quite the discovery on that one.

yea wtf that was my first thought exactly

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 16,2007 5:34pm
Fuck.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 16,2007 5:38pm
Every breath you take is an affront to God.

toggletoggle post by narkybark_ at Aug 16,2007 5:41pm
hey guys I just heard of this new band called Sepultura I think they're from spain or something

I can totally see remixes waiting to happen

Bitch, get me my coke or I'll make you choke

toggletoggle post by IMMOLATION at Aug 16,2007 5:42pm
narkybark_ said:
hey guys I just heard of this new band called Sepultura I think they're from spain or something

I can totally see remixes waiting to happen

Bitch, get me my coke or I'll make you choke

Yup they're Spanish alright...

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Aug 16,2007 5:48pm
ArrowHead likes Pie said:
"That's something that comes from DJing that I don't get from playing rock music, that big bass and gorgeous analog sound. Those sounds don't come from drums or guitars"

Fucking retard doesn't seem to know what "analog" means.

Hey obliviously has not listened to On Broken Wings back in 'the day'.

toggletoggle post by hung_to_bleed   at Aug 16,2007 5:53pm
IMMOLATION said:

Lee: I really am! If I sit-down to write a song, it's definitely gonna have beats…but, just the old drum sound or cheesy rock guitars…I'm just like, ugh!

Ha! Too much faggy ecstasy I say. Have you seen that guy lately? He looks like one of them homo-candy ravers.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 16,2007 5:54pm
RichHorror said:
Every breath you take is an affront to God.

Every breath God takes is an affront to me.

toggletoggle post by hung_to_bleed   at Aug 16,2007 5:54pm
unntst unntst unntst unntst

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 16,2007 6:15pm
every breath you take
every move you make
i will be watching you.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Aug 16,2007 8:41pm
Me having sex with Italian girls is an affront to God.
The Rev does it, why can't I?
Only mine are from New Jersey and make lasanga

toggletoggle post by Churchy at Aug 17,2007 10:31am
Tommy Lee in Boston tonight, dj-ing.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Aug 17,2007 10:34am
hung_to_bleed said:
IMMOLATION said:

Lee: I really am! If I sit-down to write a song, it's definitely gonna have beats…but, just the old drum sound or cheesy rock guitars…I'm just like, ugh!

Ha! Too much faggy ecstasy I say. Have you seen that guy lately? He looks like one of them homo-candy ravers.

Yes. And him and all ravers should be immediately killed.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Aug 17,2007 10:36am
I'm officially "over" Tommy Lee's music.

And have been since I was 12.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][8:43:54am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02333 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]