New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> "Band" Practice by DestroyYouAlot on Aug 16,2007 1:36pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Aug 16,2007 1:36pm edited Aug 16,2007 1:36pm
Practiced again with joshhatesyou last night - it's funny how I'm simultaneously blown away by the progress we're making, and infuriated by the progress I'm NOT making fast enough.

The real development here, though, is this: Josh has a hard disk recorder (and mixing board, PA, all that fun stuff). This I was aware of. Without having actually taken the time to set up mics correctly or do any real work, we're able to get good practice takes and scratch tracks so far, it's really nice to have. But Josh doesn't have a PC, so I wasn't anticipating being able to do much editing or production on it - it can do some editing just with the panel interface, but nothing amazing.

What I didn't know (and, having zero experience with HDD recorders, I don't know if this is a common feature), is that it can be set up as an FTP server. (!!!) I.e., I can connect to it from my PC and move WAV files back and forth. I can grab our recording takes track-by-track, arrange them in Acid, edit them with Soundforge, and dump them back to the HDD recorder. I can add stuff I record at the house, or MIDI shit I program to illustrate an arrangement. And on and on and on.

This opens up a bazillion possibilities that had never occurred to me, before. Fucking killer.

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Aug 16,2007 1:42pm
That's awesome. I love technology.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 16,2007 3:17pm
i don't know if Josh still lives in Sutton, and i have no idea what kind of music it is, but if by chance you'd need a vocalist, i live in Worcester and am a currently inactive vocalist. transportation is difficult since my car died, but that hasn't stopped me before.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Aug 16,2007 3:22pm
We haven't really solidified what we're doing, just yet; the premise I came into it with was blackened death metal, just to have something to focus on, but the song we're cobbling together has influences from black metal, Swedeath, doom, and thrash so far. We're pretty much limiting it to a recording project for the time being - with me doing the guitars and vox, and Josh on drums - but if we end up trying it live I may or may not want to (or be able to) hold down guitars and vocals with the shit we're playing. I'll totally let you know, though.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 16,2007 3:25pm
thats cool, if by chance you'd need one keep me in mind. sounds like a good mix. i don't do any whiny clean vocals, and my influences all come from the depths of vocal depravity. i know Josh too, he's been to my house a few random times and we smoke at Metal Thursday's occasionally.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Pus-filled New-born Metalmorphasis
[default homepage] [print][5:18:38am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.00959 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]