New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Paths of Possession + more in Maine by the_reverend on Jul 17,2007 7:03pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Jul 17, 2007 the Station (Portland, ME)
after_the_fear - 2007-07-17
After The Fear(51)
flash animated slider show
dark_faith - 2007-07-17
Dark Faith(102)
paths_of_possession - 2007-07-17
Paths Of Possession(83)
the_black_mass_ritual - 2007-07-17
The Black Mass Ritual(57)
vivesect - 2007-07-17
Vivesect(93)
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 17,2007 7:03pm
Paths of Possession (Corpsegrinder from CANNIBAL CORPSE), Dark Faith, Vivesect, Bound in Entrails, The Black Mass Ritual ALL AGES/12$adv 15 at door - The Station (Portland, Me)

I'm outside the club now. pretty excited to see it.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 17,2007 7:28pm
I like Paths of Possession.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 17,2007 8:02pm edited Jul 18,2007 1:13am
me too and the station had the best sound out of all the places I saw the tour listed on.

I ran in and I said it before and I'll say it again, I thought that a CD was playingg, but it was just a band's sound check. The music isn't oppressively loud, it's mixed perfectly. I guess that bound in entrails isn't playing. They aren't on the little list thing of bands.

after the fear: it was sort of like cannae meets burn in silence. Think of cannae with guitars like unearth.. Er.. And a drummer... Any drummer... Sorry cannae. Their singer kept turning around to spray some little bottle in his mouth that I think said "amore" or something like that on it. They ended with the "song that everyone loves for some reason" I'm guessing the reason cause it sounded a lot like unearth and everyone in new england is genetically predisposed to like unearth.
FACT.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 17,2007 8:15pm
I hope Unearth tumbles into a volcano.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 17,2007 9:11pm
not many people here.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 17,2007 9:14pm
The Black Mass Ritual: basically the kids that were mosh pitting it up for that "after the fear" band hopped on stage and played in this band. This sort of halved the crowd, but those who were left on the floor stood right up front. The music reminded me of some one, but I can't think who it is. Some one with the same "forced" vocals. During their set, they gave a white kid with no rhythm the chance on the stage with them and hit the simbols. Maybe this will finally deliver him some rhythm. Maybe his dreams of being in a marching band will be fulfilled and replace the nightmare that happened at his last marching band tryout... They claim 14 men lost their best pair of white pants that day... *cue dreamsequence*

it was a day like any other and little Jonathan Stepps was preparing to tryout for the marching band, making this the 3rd year in a row. If he didn't get into it this time, he would ever receive the national marching band honors that he so hopped for at graduation. That day at school was a blur. With all the excitment of the day and just how he was going to win their hearts over. Well, even after 3 times, Jonathan was so nervous that he forgot where he was suppose to go. He showed up llate and had to run. When he got to the field all sweat and disheveled, the only spots were in the front of the line! This meant any mistakes he made EVERYBODY WOULD SEE! What pressure. And it that weren't bad enough, this was also teacher-parent conference day so everyone's parents and teachers were there together watching the tryouts. On top of all of that, the dean of the local college and the supernintendo of schools was also there (doing surprise inspection). Well, little Jonny steps had practiced all year at home so when the time came, he went on instinct, watching the leader following ever move. *straight*
*straight*
*straight*
*play*
*look left*

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 17,2007 9:14pm

and then disaster struck. See while at home, he practiced with his mom facing him. Here, the band leader was facing away from him. He took the *sharp right* command as a *sharp left* and BANG 3 of the front rows including Johnny stepped right into some paint cans that were being used for promo banners just to make this story seem like it really is in highschool and just like some 3 stooges stuff, the paint flew in the air and landed all over an additional 11 people. Making 14 total uniforms ruined. Oh yeah, and did I mention he had no rhythm?
fastforward to today and still doesn't have any rhythm. The drumming seemed to just make it worse cause now everyone knew it too. Poor jonathan steps.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 17,2007 10:13pm
vivesect: one of the people from the band emailed me a while ago and it just went in the "_todo" bin. Just another reason why I have to get better at emails. I thought the email said they were from RI, but maybe it said they were playing RI (like they are with this tour). They are from Illinios. It sort of reminded me of a little less melodic in flames. Like back before it was the awesome thing so hate in flames. The band had tons of energy even in front of this small crowd. The bassplayer headbanged for the entire set.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 17,2007 10:21pm

dark faith: with all the dark this and dark that bands out there, I have no clue if I know these guys or not. The singer looked so damn familiar. Maybe like one of the quebecers? These guys ruled. Some melodic, but mostly just great deathmetal. The singer had a weird singing pattern so I kept missing all the money shots. The crowd shrank even further for them.... Not bodding well for this show. These guys are drom florida and have a new CD on deathgasm, I guess. their drummer might have been a fill in cause the guitarist was leading him a lot.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jul 17,2007 10:34pm
am I the only person who thinks that Paths of Possession is incredibly bland?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 18,2007 1:13am
I like them.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jul 18,2007 10:35am
brian_dc said:
am I the only person who thinks that Paths of Possession is incredibly bland?

no. i bought that cd with such high hopes and they were dashed to pieces on the rocks below.

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Jul 18,2007 10:40am
no corpsegrinder, apparently.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 18,2007 10:45am
apparently

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Jul 18,2007 1:48pm edited Jul 18,2007 1:48pm
yea what the fuck, he must have known no one would be there and the Buttman took over on vokills,gay

toggletoggle post by aigran at Jul 18,2007 3:12pm
I think that the band your thinking of is Illicit Empire.

toggletoggle post by aigran at Jul 18,2007 3:14pm
i mean with black mass

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Jul 18,2007 3:17pm
Aegathis said:
yea what the fuck, he must have known no one would be there and the Buttman took over on vokills,gay

for a second, just a second, I thought corpsegrinder was totally in it for the music and wouldn't be bothered playing in front of 5 people.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 18,2007 7:17pm
paths of possession: hm.. A bunch of people came back for them. Cool. No corpsegrinder, the bassist did the vocals. Their older stuff sounded like the CD, old school death metal. The new stuff had a most slam-beat to it. I think the next CD is going to be a change (september). Drummer was the drummer from dark faith. He looked a lot more experienced with paths, but I'm not sure which band he's originally from. The singer's vocals reminded me a lot of eli (rumplestiltskingrinder sp?) and the guitarist would do ghoul/splattertrash back up ever now and again.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][6:03:05pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01564 secs/26 queries]
[search][refresh page]