New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Another dorky computer question - windows XP by ArrowHead is watching you on Jul 10,2007 9:45am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 10,2007 9:45am
Ok, here's the deal with my music collection:

I've got a folder with all my albums in it. In the main folder, it's got subfolders by band name. Then, in turn, each band folder contains all the various albums by that band. In each album folder I have placed the artwork image for the album cover in .jpg format.

The problem I'm having is that if I set the band folder to thumbnail view, while I DO get the album art on the front of the folder, it's tiny and relegated to the top right corner of the file folder. If I go into the folder custom preferences, I can re-select the image and it will blow up to fill the entire folder. This is exactly how I want it to look, however windows is gay-tarded and only remembers 600 folder customizations. I have a fuckton more than 600 albums on this drive, so every time I finish fixing the last folder images the first ones I did end up snapping back to the itty bitty view.

I guess what I'm hoping for is some way to just set it as a default folder preference to fill the entire folder with the image, instead of the small image in the corner. Any ideas?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jul 10,2007 10:07am
Just draw the album covers on your screen with a sharpie.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 10,2007 11:19am
Also willing to take other suggestions for alternate ways of setting up my music collection. However, importing media into a player is not an option, as the meta tags on a lot of my shit is incomplete or wrong. I end up with a huge clusterfuck if I try to browse stuff in winamp or WMP.

toggletoggle post by weawef at Jul 10,2007 11:47am
Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,Unless you are running a lot of soft synths or plugins,

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Jul 10,2007 11:54am
why dont u use itunes? its not bad. there is an equivalent coming out as well called songbird.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 10,2007 11:58am
sxealex said:
why dont u use itunes? its not bad. there is an equivalent coming out as well called songbird.

I might check out songbird, but I don't like apple software, so Itunes is out. Ever since quicktime started slowly taking over my computer.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 10,2007 12:02pm
weawef said:
blah blah blah

wrong thread, you fucking idiot. And in response, I DID see what you wrote. I also saw where you claimed to have recorded numerous albums. I'd be interested how you could record a full drumkit, or run effects to an entire drum stem, or run a sampler for drums on that shit system. Either you ran plugins, or you've never recorded an album in your life, or worse yet, you have no clue what you're doing. No matter what, you're in the wrong fucking thread. Argue with me in the other one, so I can embarrass you in front of everyone else.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][11:38:36am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.00939 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]