New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Looking to buy a large scanner by MarkFuckingRichards on Jul 5,2007 11:14pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jul 5,2007 11:14pm
has anyone here by chance ever bought a large scanner (i.e. the scan surface is a lot larger than 9"x12")? i need one desperately so i can actually get most of my art online. i used one at school last year that was around 20"x30" which would be somewhat ideal, but i graduated last may so obviously i won't be back there, haha.

i'm trying to search google for larger scanners, but i'm not having much luck. any info, opinions, etc. that i can get would be awesome.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jul 5,2007 11:21pm
oh, and i'm looking for flatbed scanners, not the $10K industrial large format scanners. most of my work is on thick board so there's no way it would be able to feed through anything of that sort.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jul 5,2007 11:40pm
i've got a scanner that probably isnt as big as youd like, but if you want it let me know.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jul 5,2007 11:57pm
how big is the scan area?

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jul 6,2007 12:10am
i dont have it with me, so im not telling you. maybe 15 by 20?

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 6,2007 12:31am
http://www.wholesalescanners.com/lgformat_scanners.html

They cost like 10,000 dollars. Normally, most artists just go with a digital photo of their artwork over the price of a scanner or scanning services.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 6,2007 12:34am
MarkFuckingRichards said:
oh, and i'm looking for flatbed scanners, not the $10K industrial large format scanners.

Those STILL cost like 10,000 dollars

http://www.wholesalescanners.com/lgformat_scanners.html

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 6,2007 12:34am

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jul 6,2007 1:00am
i've seen a few that are only 2 or 3 grand that aren't that huge, but are big enough that i can scan half of one piece at a time. i hate relying on digital photos of my work because they never come out close enough to how they look in real life. my only other option is to just wait until i have a large amount of work to give to a professional slide photographer. being an artist is fucking stupid, haha.

blue, let me know whenever you get a chance to check out your scanner. 15"x20" would probably be decent.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Vaulted Achronychal Nun-Muncher
[default homepage] [print][6:49:06pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01958 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]