New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Skybar's "Fuck the Fire Department Fest"...JULY 15th! by Othniel77 on Jun 30,2007 10:32am
Add To All Your Pages!
July 2007red means cancelled
toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jun 30,2007 10:32am
Hello, folks,

Might as well throw a party and go out with a bang...then on to the next venture.
Doors at 12 noon, $10 cover, food, festivities (can we lynch Great White in effigy?), $2 PBR's, driving the barflies screaming from their barstools, anarchy, me handing out my resume, and Matthew & I needing designated drivers by the end of the night.

Any bands want on? Shoot me an email at OTHNIEL77@yahoo.com

12 noon - doors open
12:30
1:00
1:30
2:00
2:30
3:00
3:30 - No Allegiance
4:00 - Mortalis
4:30 - Dreaded Silence
5:00 - One Last Run
5:30 - Rachel Drucker (of MELT) solo acoustic performance
6:00 - The Liz Borden Band
6:30 - Tara White
7:00 - Leon Rich
7:30 - Soul Remnants (40 min set confirmed 2-3 mos. ago)
8:30 - Mindshot (40 min set confirmed 2-3 mos. ago)
9:30 - Exhale (40 min set confirmed 2-3 mos. ago)
10:15 - Lucretia's Daggers
10:45 - Dreamchild
11:15 - Lily Holbrook
11:45
12:15 - reserved for headliner

Ms. Anderson Mar/Dark Sky Productions
Independent Boston-based Promoter
Co-organizer of the New England Punk, Goth, & Metal Fest
http://www.nepgmfest.com

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jun 30,2007 10:39am
YEAH! HOW DARE THEY ENSURE THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE!

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jun 30,2007 10:43am
there would be soo much potential for this show if there were more then 3 good bands on it.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jun 30,2007 10:50am
You get what you get with a mix-genre bill...this show is open to all bands, all styles, who have enjoyed working with Skybar/Dark Sky Productions over the years.

Skybar is not, nor was ever, a fire hazard.

The next venue they're going to target is Good Times in Somerville.

What a shame for the music scene that venues are being shut down left and right. I predict that, within 3 years, alot of bands are going to be relegated to solely getting gigs at Legion Halls and VFW's.

Thanks, Great White (if I ever see those idiots, I will mow them down with my car and grease the wheels, then carve up the body and serve it to local politicians).

~Anders, pissed to be living on the set of Footloose

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 30,2007 10:58am
let's get some more rttp bands on this!

toggletoggle post by Doomwhore  at Jun 30,2007 11:10am
SacreligionNLI said:
YEAH! HOW DARE THEY ENSURE THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Skybar, and unlike the Station, the Skybar is easy to get out of in the event of an emergency.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jun 30,2007 11:12am
they should have done a couple day long fests like this over the past month to raise the money for a new sprinkler system.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Jun 30,2007 11:15am
new sprinkler system sounded pricey, tens of thousands

contractor would probably fuck the installation up too

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jun 30,2007 11:20am
Goodtimes won't close down their club being they make a lot of money and could easily put a side the money to do the upgrade for the sprinkler system.

toggletoggle post by no name needed at Jun 30,2007 1:05pm
YEA, I DON'T REALLY AGREE WITH THE WHOLE "FUCK THE FIRE DEPT" THING..
CODE IS THERE FOR A REASON-- IT SAVES LIVES. THAT SAID, IT SUCKS THE PLACE IS CLOSING DOWN. AT LEAST THIS SHOW WILL BE A LOT OF FUN, AND THERE'S A COUPLE OF SICK METAL BANDS THAT WILL PLAY.. SITTING THROUGH SOME SHIT MIGHT SUCK.. BUT THAT'S WHAT THE CHINK FOOD NEXT DOOR IS FOR!!!!!!!!!!! PU PU PLATTERS ALL AROUND!

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jun 30,2007 2:28pm
dreadkill said:
let's get some more rttp bands on this!

toggletoggle post by rhys  at Jun 30,2007 3:12pm
no name needed said:
YEA, I DON'T REALLY AGREE WITH THE WHOLE "FUCK THE FIRE DEPT" THING..
CODE IS THERE FOR A REASON-- IT SAVES LIVES. QUOTE]

how many people have died in a club fire that wasn't at the station night club? that was caused by stupidity and an inability to follow directions in a highly flammable building. the sprinkler systems aren't the problem. this is just people overreacting to a freak accident.

toggletoggle post by ZenErik   at Jun 30,2007 3:15pm
Hmmm.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jun 30,2007 4:38pm
Othniel77 said:

Skybar is not, nor was ever, a fire hazard.

The next venue they're going to target is Good Times in Somerville.

Your local politicians create the codes. The fire department are the guys that will risk their lives to pull you out of a burning building if there were ever a fire. By saying "Fuck the Fire Dept.", you're being an asshole, no matter how you spin it.

toggletoggle post by Keithnli - soon to be firefighter at Jun 30,2007 5:33pm
how about, fuck this fucking show.

who the fuck are you saying fuck the fire department?

How about, fire fighters get this fucking show shut down because your a fucking piece of shit? sounds good to me.

Its assholes like you that deserve to be shut down

toggletoggle post by hollaaaa at Jun 30,2007 6:25pm
The world is always against gOthniel, the 40 year old teenager.

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at Jun 30,2007 10:42pm
Keithnli - soon to be firefighter said:
how about, fuck this fucking show.

who the fuck are you saying fuck the fire department?

How about, fire fighters get this fucking show shut down because your a fucking piece of shit? sounds good to me.

Its assholes like you that deserve to be shut down

I have to agree with Keith on this one.

toggletoggle post by tomxnli at Jun 30,2007 11:13pm
hi! im tom. im an emt. if for some reason this retarded show actually happens, ill happily show up to bury my trauma shears into your eye sockets.

toggletoggle post by Neverpurified  at Jun 30,2007 11:46pm
yeah you're pretty much a moron for even considering something designed to be against firefighters

keep the show....just change the fucking name and don't act like an asshole

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jul 1,2007 9:10am
Fire fighters are about the lowest paid and least appreciated people. But you know, fuck em. Especially the ones who actually were at the Station and can't erase the images from their mind that they saw that night. I will not be attending this show. But, you guys try and have fun, be safe, and leave your ignorance at the door.

toggletoggle post by mudbutt at Jul 1,2007 9:41am
I hope this chick can't find anywere els to book in boston. bands are better of getting shows for themselves, that way they get paid and don't have to worry about the promoter keeping the money for booking the shit. like she has done in the past.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 1,2007 9:56am
Excuse me?

I have always paid my bands, sometime out of my own pocket!
Bar takes first $100 off the door, rest gets divvied up among the bands according to draw (that's of course, providing we make door, which is about 14 paying clients at the $7 admission cover).

Anyone who dares to accuse me of otherwise is a liar. Just ask the bands that have worked with me over the years.

I don't make the big bucks doing this. Being a booking agent is not a glamourous lifestyle. I always show bands the draw sheet and explain how payout works. I've tracked down bands to mail them their payment. I communicate. I answer all questions.

Oooh, so someone's mad I chose the title "F*ck the Fire Dept". Big deal. Sure, maybe it's in bad taste. But, honey, controversy sells, and it gets people's attention. No publicity is bad publicity. I'm not exactly in the closet about a (strong dislike for the govt., society, and how it's taking away our enjoyment of life and our freedoms, etc). I'm entitled my opinion, just like you are entitled to yours.

I'm not against firefighters...just against bullshit that is costing me and all my staff our jobs. Not cool. Cops, politicians, and city officials should just mind their own biz and let rock and roll remain free and unfettered. Because some moronic hair band shot off pyrotechnics in a nightclub 3-5 years ago, my ass is going to out of work and another great venue supporting non-mainstream genre bands is eradicated.

We need to band together and build the scene.

Love,
~The Queen of Shock & Controversy

toggletoggle post by rhys  at Jul 1,2007 10:36am
you should change it to "fuck the fire codes fest" since everybody is mininterpreting it to mean that you're saying "fuck the firefighters"

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 1,2007 10:40am
Actually, that's a good idea...

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jul 1,2007 10:47am
Woe ist thy Fire Department, the life of mine be'eth too stressful for thine wretched eyes!

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jul 1,2007 10:54am
It's the codes, not the fighters.

Although I would be annoyed too- suddenly losing your living due to a code that's not too applicable to the establishment. It reminds me of the big amusing "no pyrotechnics" sign at Copperfields.

My new band that's just starting to gear up and play out has played skybar once, and we were treated fine and paid promptly. It's a good venue and certainly one of the larger metal supporters around.

We'll still take a slot on this, I threw you a reply email last night.

toggletoggle post by fishcakes at Jul 1,2007 11:00am
I think you need to have a relative who got burnd to death in a club fire, like my next door neighbor's neece did at the station.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 1,2007 11:02am
Othniel77 said:

Oooh, so someone's mad I chose the title "F*ck the Fire Dept". Big deal.

As keith already pointed out, and as many have echoed, it IS a pretty big deal when firefighters have to see such a lack of respect from the very people they would risk their lives to help.

We need to band together and build the scene.

From your above quote, it's pretty obvious that what you really mean is "we need to band together, but only when it agrees with what I want". Everyone in this thread/scene pretty much told you you're being an asshole, and your response is "Big Deal"? Fuck you retard.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 1,2007 11:13am
Aren't you concerned that venues are being shut down at an alarming rate?

Pretty soon there will be no places for bands to play except Legion Halls and VFWs that promoters have to shell out $300-675 to rent.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 1,2007 11:14am
fishcakes said:
I think you need to have a relative who got burnd to death in a club fire, like my next door neighbor's neece did at the station.

The Station tragedy never should have happened. What kind of moron would set off pyrotechnics indoors at a small club?

It's horrid that this happens, but why penalize clubs in other markets because of something some moronic hairband pulled?

toggletoggle post by Joe_walgreens  at Jul 1,2007 11:15am
tomxnli said:
hi! im tom. im an emt. if for some reason this retarded show actually happens, ill happily show up to bury my trauma shears into your eye sockets.

Hi, I'm Jared and I lost 200 pounds eating these delicious foot long Subway subs.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jul 1,2007 11:48am
I love how this board is obnoxiously offensive but when you talk about a certain thing everybody flips.

toggletoggle post by Neverpurified  at Jul 1,2007 11:57am
archaeon said:
I love how this board is obnoxiously offensive but when you talk about a certain thing everybody flips.

making fun of shitty metalcore bands, and saying "fuck you" to firefighters are two totally different things

toggletoggle post by no name needed at Jul 1,2007 12:29pm
regardless of the obvious retardation of said "fest" name, it should still be a good time.. i am gonna trash this fucking place! muhahahahahahah

toggletoggle post by Doomwhore  at Jul 1,2007 12:38pm
Fuck you fire fighter Bill. You dropped my dog from the top of a three story ladder while trying to rescue him. It's your fault Woofy is dead. Forget that I left my cigarette burning on the couch with out an ashtray, causing five stories of tenament housing to burn to the ground. You are a faggot, fire fighter Bill. I hope you die of AIDs.

- Nick

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 1,2007 12:42pm
Othniel77 said:
Aren't you concerned that venues are being shut down at an alarming rate?

Pretty soon there will be no places for bands to play except Legion Halls and VFWs that promoters have to shell out $300-675 to rent.

You're too stupid to understand what's going on around you, so you blame the wrong people, then try to argue your way out of it.

Clubs are being shut down because they can't AFFORD to comply with new building codes. They can't afford to comply because they don't make enough money. They don't make enough money because show attendances are lower and lower every year. Partly due to economics, partly due to near-retarded promoters like yourself, and other reasons as well.

No where in all this are FIREMEN to blame. The station was a stupid, senseless accident. No, it's not the norm. However, while the CAUSE of the accident was an un-preventable act of stupidity, the fact that the blaze spread in less than FIVE FUCKING MINUTES is something that could have easily been prevented if sprinklers and exits had been up to the new codes.

These codes save lives. The fact that your favorite spots can't afford these changes is not the fault of the people making the codes, it's the fault of the economy.

All this, because you're too stupid to just say "Know what? I'm an idiot. I apologize, and I'll change the name of this thread and my show."

toggletoggle post by hollaaaa at Jul 1,2007 12:55pm
Somebody please torch this bitch like joan of fucking ark.

She's such a martyr while she's alive.

toggletoggle post by Doomwhore  at Jul 1,2007 1:04pm
Down with the republic. Death to false senators who institute these so called life-saving codes. I demand we re-establish ourselves as a direct democracy instituted by the self-governing rule of the people. Then we can put a stop to these heinous laws. Hell, we can even get rid of the fire department all together! Who needs them anyway?!

toggletoggle post by urinal turd at Jul 1,2007 1:45pm
why don't you put on this show in warwick ri and see how many people come out to support your show. anyone who supports this show by going to it or playing it should be ashamed of themselves.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 1,2007 1:51pm
Whatever, dude. When it's you losing YOUR job, you'll see what sort of hardship it brings, and you'll be just a little upset, too.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 1,2007 2:00pm
ArrowHead is watching you said:

All this, because you're too stupid to just say "Know what? I'm an idiot. I apologize, and I'll change the name of this thread and my show."

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 1,2007 2:08pm
When you're paying my bills, THEN you can tell me what to do.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 1,2007 2:11pm

toggletoggle post by deadlikemurf  at Jul 1,2007 2:34pm
arrowhead is right.

toggletoggle post by rhys  at Jul 1,2007 2:35pm
just hit the edit button and change the name of the thread. don't even mention the fire dept./codes. some people know what you really mean and others are blowing it way out of proportion.

if the fire warden came to your club and shut you down because you couldn't afford a $40,000 sprinkler system that wasn't neccessary until some retards caused a horrible tragedy that could have been avoided, you'd probably say "fuck him". you wouldn't be saying "fuck all of the firefighters who died in 9/11 and who put thier lives on the line to save people."

the name of the thread and show should DEFINITELY be changed ASAP. there's no doubt about that. anyone who doesn't know where you're coming from will misinterpret it.

toggletoggle post by hollaaaa at Jul 1,2007 2:36pm
You had plenty of time to find another job.

You also had plenty of time to try and raise money to get up to code.

It's nobodies fault but your own.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 1,2007 2:37pm
hollaaaa said:

Actually, no, I didn't. We just found out about this two Thursdays ago.

toggletoggle post by deadlikemurf  at Jul 1,2007 2:41pm
deadlikemurf said:
arrowhead is right.

toggletoggle post by hollaaaa at Jul 1,2007 2:55pm
Sounds like you're in quite the case of denial.

Businesses need to keep up with codes. If they don't they go out of business. And it's nobody else's fault.

And from the looks of it-- you and your club knew this was coming for longer than two weeks.

Monday, May 28th, 2007
9:20 pm
Calling all rivetheads!
( Terrorfakt is coming to town this Friday...just a 10-15 minute walk from the Porter Square T Stop, too! )
(Comment on this)
12:38 pm
Skybar the target of vicious rumors...please know the TRUTH!
Date: May 28, 2007 9:24 AM

Our good friends at The Metronome Magazine have the truth here in print for the public...

If any of you hear any rumors in the Boston music scene about my club supposedly closing, come to me (Anderson Mar - booking agent/night manager) and get the truthful story from me (and me alone) before falling prey to supposition.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 1,2007 2:58pm
There have been rumors going around about the Skybar for 4+ years, started by someone who was fired about 1/2 a decade ago. We've had to address everything from, "The Skybar is for sale and it's only $245,000!" (2004...all over The Noise Board) to "They only book folk singers there".

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jul 1,2007 3:00pm
rhys said:

the name of the thread and show should DEFINITELY be changed ASAP. there's no doubt about that. anyone who doesn't know where you're coming from will misinterpret it.

Anyone who interprets it as "fuck firefighters who died in 9/11 fest" is a fucking idiot.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Jul 1,2007 3:03pm
rhys said:
some people know what you really mean and others are blowing it way out of proportion.

toggletoggle post by Doomwhore  at Jul 1,2007 3:41pm
The real problem here is that it's another case of unecissery policy interfering with a business. Capitalism only works when you allow it to work, not when you put 1000+ sanctions and rulings on the little guy telling him he can't do this or that if he wants to earn a little $.

I can see why you said "Fuck them.", and I fully support the notion of telling off the people who are triying to bring you down over this nonsense, but you're not going to pull in anyone with a flier that says "Fuck the firefighters." and you should see that plainly by now. Also, the firefighters aren't to blame for the laws they have to enforce. That blame goes to the attourney general.

- Nick

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 1,2007 5:46pm

toggletoggle post by Whoremastery  at Jul 1,2007 6:12pm
can my band play...we have a sick pyro show!

toggletoggle post by Fire Chief at Jul 1,2007 6:44pm
After a hard day of fighting fires and saving lives the boys and I like to get some whores to fuck the fire department

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Jul 1,2007 8:23pm
Fuck the Fire Dept? That's the gayest fucking shit I've ever heard in my life. I may be wrong here, but something tells me that people who put their lives on the line in the service of others are much more valuable to society than some stupid hippies who book local concerts at dive bars.

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Jul 1,2007 8:24pm
BTW, who gives a shit if the skybar is shutting down, that place sucks sweaty balls.

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at Jul 1,2007 9:10pm
I am surprised bands are actually backing you on this and wanna play this so called "fest"

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jul 1,2007 9:46pm edited Jul 1,2007 9:49pm
Dwellingsickness said:
I am surprised bands are actually backing you on this and wanna play this so called "fest"

She didn't tell us it was gonna be called this. But, i don't really care.

toggletoggle post by tomxnli at Jul 1,2007 9:57pm
Othniel77 said:
hollaaaa said:

Actually, no, I didn't. We just found out about this two Thursdays ago.

no, you didn't. they've been talking region-wide reformations since the night of the station fire. just because the club is too lazy and cheap thinking they can slip by without getting noticed doesn't count as not hearing of it.

the fact of the matter is, the codes are there, comply or get shut down. boo hoo, end of fucking story. everyone in every line of business has to follow and update to laws accordingly. hell, i have to get trained - unpaid - on my on time in IV infusion pump use, 2007 protocol updates, response to mass casualty incidents caused through terroristic means & wmd recognition. know what? im an adult and deal. grow up.

i will say this, since you're so in love with your "controversy": i hope of your parents or someone you love has a heart attack. and i hope the paramedics that show up don't bother with chest compressions, assisted ventilation, or defibrillation and completely ignore the transport protocols because after all, all those codes are such a hassle to memorize and enact. cpr is tiring! and the lights and sirens are loud! if the guy corpses out in the back of the ambulance, its just another form to fill out before the medics wipe down the stretcher and go on to the next run. oh well.

what are you gonna say to that? that i'm an asshole? to go fuck myself? whatever, bitch. the "controversy" just isn't as high school cool when its pointed back at you, huh.

toggletoggle post by firefighters are faggots/cowards at Jul 1,2007 10:32pm
whats up now bitch?

toggletoggle post by tomxnli at Jul 1,2007 10:49pm
cute. also, don't care.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Jul 1,2007 11:04pm
Ummm, why's everyone bitching? This show won't draw for shit anyhoo... Horrible bands, regardless of the "mixing of genres" garbage...

toggletoggle post by rhys  at Jul 1,2007 11:21pm
just change the name of the show!!!

toggletoggle post by firefighters are faggots/cowards at Jul 1,2007 11:23pm
better yet stop letting suck bands play at all

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jul 2,2007 12:12am
1.) the name of this show is in very bad taste, and is pretty misguided and uninformed

2.) fuck you to you untalented fags calling my band shitty

3.) we confirmed for this bill like 2 months ago so we are getting 40 minutes to play. i disagree that by playing this show we are somehow supporting OP's cause, I am just interested in playing out, having a good time and getting some exposure. other than that i don't really give a fuck.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jul 2,2007 12:31am
Whether the name of this post changes or not I still will not attend because there is nobody on this show that catches my eye. With that said, even if my band was playing not too many people would go including me.

toggletoggle post by ... at Jul 2,2007 12:39am
timjohn said:
1.) the name of this show is in very bad taste, and is pretty misguided and uninformed

2.) fuck you to you untalented fags calling my band shitty

3.) we confirmed for this bill like 2 months ago so we are getting 40 minutes to play. i disagree that by playing this show we are somehow supporting OP's cause, I am just interested in playing out, having a good time and getting some exposure. other than that i don't really give a fuck.

ok.
1.wich of these shitty bands is yours?
2.you will get no exposure playing for a bunch of other shitty bands girlfriends(if you're slick you might catch a bj from one of them while they're boyfriends playing though)
3.see the "tough love for local bands" thread ace

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jul 2,2007 12:48am
how about you suck a dick troll

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jul 2,2007 12:49am
what band is yours?

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jul 2,2007 12:52am
soul remnants

toggletoggle post by ... at Jul 2,2007 12:53am
timjohn said:
how about you suck a dick troll[/QUOTE
aww, you got your panties in a bunch again?
how about you quit your shit band and start focusing on a career because i gotta tell you,you're goin nowhere..jerkoff

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jul 2,2007 12:55am
what are you basing this on? (ps learn how to quote)

toggletoggle post by ... at Jul 2,2007 12:58am
last 50 shows i attended= 2 great bands,maybe 1 or 2 locals with potential,and four hours of my life that i will never get back listening to unadulterated shit!

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jul 2,2007 1:06am
umm yeah what does this have to do with my band, "..."? and how does 50 shows minus 2 great bands and 1 or 2 local bands only equal 4 hours?

toggletoggle post by ... at Jul 2,2007 1:12am
that's 4 hours a show ace,
let's assume i've seen your shitty band 3 times(i haven't)at roughly a half hour a band that's an hour and a half listening to your particular of uninspired garbage,basically i want my hour and a half back

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jul 2,2007 1:14am
hmmm maybe an equals sign means different things to the two of us

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jul 2,2007 1:15am
is someone forcing you to watch them or are you the designated driver?

toggletoggle post by ... at Jul 2,2007 1:15am
are you gonna give me back my hour and a half or not asshole?

toggletoggle post by ... at Jul 2,2007 1:17am
narkybark said:
is someone forcing you to watch them or are you the designated driver?

thats kinda the whole point,the fact that i've paid to be there and then have to "take cover" disgusts me,i may be the only one who will come out and say it but i know i am not alone on this

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 2,2007 1:18am

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jul 2,2007 1:27am
It doesn't matter if people are offended by the 'fuck the dept' thing because you booked Lucretia's Daggers for this show, and that automatically means no one is going to go.

Nothing screams 'Don't come to my show' quite like that band's name on a flyer.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 2,2007 2:40am

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 2,2007 9:34am
i bet if this place catches on fire, the fire department doesnt show up.

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Jul 2,2007 11:21am

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jul 2,2007 9:24pm
I'm almost scared to mention that I think my band's been added at 3pm.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jul 3,2007 4:12am
You guys are all butthurt because somebody said something mean about firefighters. Sort of. Congratulations on your PC awards, check the mail. *kisses*

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jul 3,2007 9:09am edited Jul 3,2007 9:12am
ok... I've sat idly by for a few days now, hoping this thread would disappear and it hasn't, so now it's my turn to tear into the 'fest name'

first off, anderson, FUCK YOU and you "fuck the fire department fest" you have NO IDEA how bad that this pisses me off to see, my father was a firefighter for 30 years, he retired this past December. Who the fuck are you to say "fuck the fire dept." ??? I hope you realize how fucking stupid you sound by saying that. the men and women of the fire deptartments around the world put their lives on the line every time they step into a burning building, or an accident scene. I'm livid to say the least, as my father is one of the ONLY human beings I consider to be a hero and a role model. When was the last time one of your silly 'goth shows' saved someones life? right, they never have... I suggest you shut the fuck up. it's not the fire department that makes fire codes, it's the cities and towns that do, the firefighters, police and building inspectors enforce those codes for the safety of stupid cunts like you. maybe they shouldn't, and next time you need to call the fire dept or an ambulance they can sit around the firestation and say, "Eh, Fuck Anderson" that'd be pretty funny, wouldn't it?

yeah... didn't think so.

you have just made yourself, in my eyes, one of the most DISRESPECTFUL, UNGRATEFUL pieces of shit ever. Have some respect for the men and women that risk their lives to save anothers, someday it may be your life that they save.

this one's for you Anderson:

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 3,2007 9:19am
OH SNAP

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jul 3,2007 10:17am
yeah can we please get a name change... my grandfather was a fire captain in boston and i would imagine a lot of other people have family who were in the fire dept. most of these people are real heroes who put their lives on the line. remember in worcester when those 6 firefighters died because of those stupid vagrant squaters in that abandoned building? fuck, if it was me, i would have been like let those POS's burn, I don't want to risk my life. but they did, and that is what makes them heroes.

i am still sort of holding my tongue, but this is seriously lame and i have no idea why this hasn't been changed yet. that being said, i think my band still wants to play this show so this is kind of a shitty situation that could be easily fixed by changing the name.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jul 3,2007 10:46am
this thread is so stupid

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 3,2007 10:48am
you should change it to -

EAT THE PIZZA FEST!!!

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jul 3,2007 10:50am edited Jul 3,2007 11:07am
FuckIsMySignature said:
you should change it to -

EAT THE PIZZA FEST!!!

how about the "How drunk can you get?" fest

keep in mind that just changing the fest's name won't change my opinion of Anderson, not after this.

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Jul 3,2007 11:07am
"FUCK THE PIZZA MAKERS FEST!!!!"

toggletoggle post by VomittingCarcass   at Jul 3,2007 5:11pm edited Jul 3,2007 5:13pm
I think fire fighters deserve all the free sex they want. I dont know what you are all trying to disagree with that for. Honestly, fire fighters get enough chicks without throwing festivals about it.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 3,2007 5:14pm

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jul 3,2007 5:28pm
VomittingCarcass said:
I think fire fighters deserve all the free sex they want. I dont know what you are all trying to disagree with that for. Honestly, fire fighters get enough chicks without throwing festivals about it.

ha, this and the eat the pizza thing are the best posts in this thread.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r nli at Jul 3,2007 5:46pm
i respect the fire department, but the amount of tears being shed here is pathetic. i'm more offended by the self-proclaimed "Queen of Shock & Controversy" title. You aren't allowed to give yourself a nickname, and you definitely aren't allowed to give yourself a title.

Therefore, I vote you're referred to as Coco for the remainder of this thread.

toggletoggle post by slow at Jul 3,2007 5:52pm
Title Edit:

---Skybar's "Fuck the Fire Codes Fest"...JULY 15th!---

There ya go. Now we're saying "fuck the law" instead of "fuck fire fighters who may one day save the life of somebody I personally deem significant".

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 3,2007 6:15pm

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 3,2007 6:26pm
Joe_walgreens said:
tomxnli said:

Hi, I'm Jared and I lost 200 pounds eating these delicious foot long Subway subs.

This was without a doubt the best and only worthwhile post in this thread.

toggletoggle post by i eat shit for lunch at Jul 3,2007 6:33pm

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jul 3,2007 6:35pm
RichHorror said:
Joe_walgreens said:
tomxnli said:

This was without a doubt the best and only worthwhile post in this thread.

i forgot about that post. it is clearly the best. the other two i mentioned are second and third best.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 3,2007 6:35pm
Me and Ken are authorities on Chuckles McLaugherson.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jul 3,2007 6:37pm
indeedles

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jul 3,2007 6:56pm
i eat shit for lunch said:

lucky dawg

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 3,2007 8:16pm
you guys are being much to nice to her

take a Que from the noise board

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jul 3,2007 8:23pm
haha 10 page thread

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 3,2007 9:17pm
archaeon said:
haha 10 page thread

they are making nice pictures over there too

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 3,2007 9:28pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 3,2007 9:31pm

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 3,2007 9:45pm edited Jul 3,2007 9:46pm

toggletoggle post by tomxnli at Jul 3,2007 10:03pm

toggletoggle post by the_revealer at Jul 3,2007 10:17pm
I wonder what Leigh Rush would do?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jul 3,2007 11:05pm
Those guys need to work on their icanhasacheezburger speak. Funny all the same, though.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jul 3,2007 11:35pm
The girl copied and pasted the same reply on more than one message board, so lame.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 3,2007 11:54pm
Those pictures made me laugh for like 15 minutes straight. So amazing.

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jul 4,2007 2:05am
solid gold

toggletoggle post by Keithnli at Jul 4,2007 2:05am
i laughed.

if i ever hear your name when im on call, im not responding.

toggletoggle post by RTTP_SWAT_TEAM at Jul 4,2007 2:52am
TEH CHARGES!

GOTHNEIL IS CHARGED WITH FUCKING FIREMENZ ON TEH INTERNETZ!!

THE_REVEALER IZ CHRGED WITH SPEAKING OV TEH SHE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMEDED AND PERPETUATING TEH DRAMAZ!!

TEH SWAT TEAM WILL NOW DESCEND UPON YOU WITH ROFLCOPTERS OF DOOOOM!!!

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jul 4,2007 3:01am
RTTP_SWAT_TEAM said:
TEH CHARGES!

GOTHNEIL IS CHARGED WITH FUCKING FIREMENZ ON TEH INTERNETZ!!

THE_REVEALER IZ CHRGED WITH SPEAKING OV TEH SHE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMEDED AND PERPETUATING TEH DRAMAZ!!

TEH SWAT TEAM WILL NOW DESCEND UPON YOU WITH ROFLCOPTERS OF DOOOOM!!!

You are a faggot.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jul 4,2007 3:15am
hahaha, those pictures are pretty awesome, especially the "we almst didnt see you in ur hole u digged for uself" one.

in all seriousness, this thread is retarded. there are many points to be made, and everything has gotten waaay out of control...but then again, this is RTTP so it's pretty run-of-the-mill and i'm going to contribute because i'm bored, haha.

i don't think this should be called "fuck the fire dept. fest," nor the "fuck the fire codes fest;" i think the only safe title would be "fuck great white's pyrotechnics fest." if it weren't for that incident, none of the laws would have been changed, the skybar wouldn't be forced to close, and this thread would never have happened.

moreover, even if the station fire was just because of a poor decision made by some "moronic hair band," it proved that shit like that is very possible and plausible. it's just a shame that it takes such an event to get everyone to realize the potential severity of certain situations and their consequences. the only thing that anyone can do from there is take any precaution(s) to ensure the fact that if it happens again, there are alternate escape routes in many forms to optimize overall safety as much as humanly possible.

i understand that you (anderson) are angry, disappointed, sad, outraged, and many other emotions because of this whole fiasco, but you know what? it would have been a lot better to just vent about it without making any brash decisions and then move on. great white didn't vent about not being able to use their pyrotechnics, and instead took action based on poor decision making because they were probably in as much of a huff as you are. look where that got everyone...not very far.

i understand that this event threatens your employment, but that's life. i'm a freelance illustrator, so work is the most impossible thing to keep steady (unless by some miracle i get commissioned by huge companies and magazines). i never rely on any string of jobs to get me by. i am always making money in any way that i can. even if it came down to working at a fucking gas station to keep my head above water, i'd do it. am i going to throw a hissy fit if all the other artists are getting the work that i think i deserve? no, i'm going to study as much as possible on their styles, the current market, and the clients paying for their work to better my skill/business/livelihood. you have to realize that what you really want to do in life is going to take a shitload of effort and frustration, and this is just a bump in the road. if you can't take it like an adult and get over it, you are clearly not cut out to pursue a career in booking/promoting. consider this a blessing in disguise if you get your head out of your ass.

so there are 2 options to choose from here:
1)you suck it up, apologize up and down for everything you've said because i'm sure you know deep down that it is wrong (but no one ever wants to be wrong and admit it on such a grand scale), take the heat, just roll with the punches, and push on into another horizon of your career.
2)you stay in the confines of your own bitterness and just allow people to get justifiably pissed off at you while your career as a booker/promoter withers away along with any shreds of respect people still have for you outside your group of friends, clients and business cohorts.

even if you didn't intend for the title of this fest to cause as much "controversy" as you wanted or you were being sarcastic, the damage is done.

toggletoggle post by RTTP_SWAT_TEAM at Jul 4,2007 3:36am
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said:
You are a faggot.

YOU ARE TEH SHIZZZNITZ!!

toggletoggle post by Uh at Jul 4,2007 3:45am
This must be awkward for the bands already booked. I like how she hasn't booked any other bands. $10 says the headliner is some local nu-metal band.

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 4,2007 6:18am

toggletoggle post by Keithnli at Jul 4,2007 9:01am
"Runs approximately 11% of the Boston underground music scene"

or 0%, whatever works

toggletoggle post by rhys  at Jul 4,2007 11:40am
with the whole "fuck the fire dept." thing aside, the thing that is pissing me off is how everyone keeps saying that "yeah the fire codes suck but they're there for a reason, they save lives". the station was completely coated with a highly flammable foam. if you weren't out in the first 30 seconds you were dead. i'm sure that you could set off pyro technics inside of almost any other night club (as stupid as that would be) and it wouldn't catch on fire nearly as fast as the station and there probably wouldn't be any loss of life. you might as well coat a club with napalm, torch it and then blame the sprinkler system when the place burns down. the clubs have sprinkler systems, just not the new r.i. style ones. if there were ever a fire in the skybar, i'm sure the sprinklers that they have would be fine.

toggletoggle post by Dr. sphincto at Jul 4,2007 12:01pm
Don't be raggin on Anderson, she just likes controversy and wants to draw a crowd. Hell if it weren't for her some of you guys wouldn't be playin shows in the area.

I do agree that she chose a bad name for the fest but stop raggin on her

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Jul 4,2007 1:02pm
Dr. sphincto said:
Don't be raggin on Anderson, she just likes controversy and wants to draw a crowd. Hell if it weren't for her some of you guys wouldn't be playin shows in the area.

I do agree that she chose a bad name for the fest but stop raggin on her

With all due respect to Soul Remnants and Mortalis because they are two killer bands and they are some cool ass dudes, but I love the lack of support for this fag fest because of the so called "controversy" the name was supposed to ensue. Something tells me controversy in this form will not draw a crowd but will do the opposite.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 4,2007 1:14pm

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Jul 4,2007 1:43pm
badsneakers said:

how so?

toggletoggle post by pooch at Jul 5,2007 5:22am
Aegathis said:
badsneakers said:

how so?

"Runs approximately 11% of the Boston underground music scene" !!!

Hahahaha!

toggletoggle post by hung_to_bleed   at Jul 5,2007 5:29am
pooch said:
Aegathis said:
badsneakers said:

how so?

"Runs approximately 11% of the Boston underground music scene" !!!

Hahahaha!

hahahahahaha, wow. I had read through to see if it honestly said that. What the fuck? 11%, hahahahahahahaha. Unbelievable.

toggletoggle post by hung_to_bleed   at Jul 5,2007 5:32am
I love how as the rep. for the Skybar she says "Artist Compensation". The only time we played there for her we didn't get paid dick. In fact, she and her boyfriend were peddling their services (i.e. live recordings, pictures, video) to us! I was like "WTF? do they book shows so that they can
lure people into paying them to take fucking pictures and shit?"

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at Jul 5,2007 5:41am
Nobody "runs" any part of the boston music scene. That is just retarded to say something like that.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 5,2007 6:03am

toggletoggle post by tub full of farts at Jul 5,2007 7:58am
Wow, look at that shitty line up for the fest. Tara White, anyone seen this band? The drummer looks like Miss. Piggy.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 5,2007 8:17am
if I haven't said it before, I think firefighters have been standing on their high fucking horse for way too long. they need to be knocked down a couple notches. maybe then they will think again before they have gay sex at a rest area.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 5,2007 9:27am
wow this whole time i thought this Anderson person was a dude. damn gender neutral names.

toggletoggle post by watchmaker666  at Jul 5,2007 9:54am
The whole Ms. thing was a dead giveaway

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 5,2007 9:56am
not for people from p-town.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 5,2007 9:58am
i dont pay attention to details

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 5,2007 10:04am
Ridiculous. Everyone knows that I run the Boston music scene.

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Jul 5,2007 10:17am
Just for clarity's sake, Dreaded Silence isn't playing this. That's all I'm going to say about the matter.

toggletoggle post by Pizza Bros at Jul 5,2007 10:17am
I say turn the Sky Bar into a pizzariea where the Hammer Bros can be the house band.

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Jul 5,2007 10:24am
RichHorror said:
Ridiculous. Everyone knows that I run the Boston music scene.

Actually, you only run 89%. Anderson runs the other 11%.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Jul 5,2007 10:26am
the part in the ad stating " handled ALL promotion for the venue" I have to dispute. How about the bands making flyers for the shows they essentially put together THEMSELVES at the Sky Bar??? And distributed?

toggletoggle post by tub full of farts at Jul 5,2007 10:29am
She can sure shit like a man. I was at the Sky Bar once and she went into the "ladies" room, what a fucking stink!

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 5,2007 10:32am
Sinistas said:
Just for clarity's sake, Dreaded Silence isn't playing this. That's all I'm going to say about the matter.

Probably a wise decision

toggletoggle post by tub full of farts at Jul 5,2007 11:16am

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 5,2007 11:29am
Eeesh

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 5,2007 12:18pm
paganmegan said:
the part in the ad stating " handled ALL promotion for the venue" I have to dispute. How about the bands making flyers for the shows they essentially put together THEMSELVES at the Sky Bar??? And distributed?

That really bothers me too. Most of the shows booked there were booked by Rich Horror, Jon, you, Scott, etc. Anderson didn't choose the line ups, so I'm a little offended at all the credit taking going on. I'm glad she allowed the bands to set up these shows and all, but the bands did the bulk of the work and therefor the BANDS increased the turnout 11% or whatever. And if she didn't, we would have all been somewhere else doing the same thing.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 5,2007 12:25pm
Once again, I deserve complete credit for everything. And not just these shows, but life in these United States in general.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 5,2007 2:34pm
Rich, Megan, Scott, Jon - I do appreciate the shows you put together as subsidiary bookers. And I do give credit where credit is due. The flyers were phenomenal, and I appreciate when the bands promote in tandem with me.

When I used the term "handled promotion for the venue", it means:

a. I was NOT given a budget for ads/promo by the owner
b. I had to publicize events at the venue by sending out press releases/listings to the media and posting on boards, using mailing lists, etc.

You guys did well and I really appreciate ALL subsidiary bookers who approached me about setting up shows. Some great bands played at Skybar over the years.

In regard to one band stating that they "didn't get paid dick", it was probably because there were less than 14 paying clients that night, and/or the band drew no one. In the confirmatory email I sent out to bands who get booked at Skybar, I CLEARLY stated our payout policy:

Bar takes first $100 off the door ($70 for soundguy, $30 for doorguy); rest gets divvied up among the bands according to draw (that's why we ask patrons which bands they are there to see). Bands who do not draw, do not get paid.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 5,2007 2:36pm
haha, I don't care. I was able to give bands shows, beyond that... who cares?

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Jul 5,2007 4:42pm
Damn, this broad is totally full of herself.
You booked the SKYBAR fer fucks sake. Stop acting like your Don Law.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 5,2007 9:36pm
Othniel77 said:
Rich, Megan, Scott, Jon - I do appreciate the shows you put together as subsidiary bookers. And I do give credit where credit is due. The flyers were phenomenal, and I appreciate when the bands promote in tandem with me.

When I used the term "handled promotion for the venue", it means:

a. I was NOT given a budget for ads/promo by the owner
b. I had to publicize events at the venue by sending out press releases/listings to the media and posting on boards, using mailing lists, etc.

You guys did well and I really appreciate ALL subsidiary bookers who approached me about setting up shows. Some great bands played at Skybar over the years.

In regard to one band stating that they "didn't get paid dick", it was probably because there were less than 14 paying clients that night, and/or the band drew no one. In the confirmatory email I sent out to bands who get booked at Skybar, I CLEARLY stated our payout policy:

Bar takes first $100 off the door ($70 for soundguy, $30 for doorguy); rest gets divvied up among the bands according to draw (that's why we ask patrons which bands they are there to see). Bands who do not draw, do not get paid.

Yer a fucking idiot. You say you've been around since the 80's, and you're using the same shit-dick formula and the same tired and weak self promotion as every other teen groupie whore promoter that's plagued this goddamned city since the days of the ratskella, bunratties, and that dumb cunt that booked deringers.

It's a tried and true method, but regardless of what you may tell yourself, nothing you did meant shit. You booked bands. Bands draw. I can guarantee, if a single goddamned person showed up even ONCE because of an ad you placed yourself, you're lucky as hell. People go to see the bands. You were smart enough to let the bands put the bills together for you and flyer. However, you need to learn the difference between "promotion" and handling advertising, which is a tiny, tiny, TINY segment of promotion.

Struggle and flail all you want, but you're about to hit the wonderful glass ceiling of new england, and realize that every chick promoter around - even the good ones - have but a tiny shelf life.

Oh yeah, and fuck you. LOLZ

toggletoggle post by Keithnli at Jul 5,2007 9:56pm
pam said:

i laughed for 10 minutes.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 6,2007 12:11pm
Othniel77 said:

Struggle and flail all you want, but you're about to hit the wonderful glass ceiling of new england, and realize that every chick promoter around - even the good ones - have but a tiny shelf life.

Oh yeah, and fuck you. LOLZ

The tone of your post seemed to indicate that you have issues with women in the music scene. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I won't begrudge you that.

What confuses me is that you end with the statement, "Fuck you". I'm going to have to reply that with the statement, "Sorry man, I wouldn't give you the time or the pleasure. I have a REAL man".

Have a good day.

toggletoggle post by VomittingCarcass   at Jul 6,2007 12:27pm edited Jul 6,2007 12:35pm
Wow, what an amazing display of drama! This reminds me of my days in the Boston boy band underground scene! Maybe you should all fuck your mom, kill your brother and stab your own eyes out! (you peeps no Shakespear right?) I guess in these modern metal times it might be more apropriate to stab your own eyes out first, then fuck your brother, and kill your mom, or maybe stab fuck your moms eye sockets, kill yourself then realize you are your brother. **Dont forget to post it in your blog!**

See you Sunday!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jul 6,2007 1:07pm
VomittingCarcass said:
Wow, what an amazing display of drama! This reminds me of my days in the Boston boy band underground scene! Maybe you should all fuck your mom, kill your brother and stab your own eyes out! (you peeps no Shakespear right?) I guess in these modern metal times it might be more apropriate to stab your own eyes out first, then fuck your brother, and kill your mom, or maybe stab fuck your moms eye sockets, kill yourself then realize you are your brother. **Dont forget to post it in your blog!**

See you Sunday!

If churches aren't burned, the shit ain't real.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 6,2007 10:29pm
Othniel77 said:

The tone of your post seemed to indicate that you have issues with women in the music scene. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I won't begrudge you that.

Have fun with that theory, but I've had a long history with plenty of positive experiences regarding women in the music scene. Alas, as I said, the industry is pretty hard on even the best of them. Like I said, flail all you want, but the odds are against even the best - of which you're not one of.

As for the fuck part, Maybe if you had a daughter. From what I understand, you're too damned close to my own age to not be riddled with saggy tits, stretch marks, and other unsightly signs of aging. I'm a fucking rock star, chica. I don't fuck girls like you. Good day, and remember: years from now I'll still be here, doing what I do, and ragging on some other chick just like yourself who thinks she's god's gift to the New England music scene. You'll be long gone by then.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Jul 7,2007 5:03pm
Othniel77 said:

As for the fuck part, Maybe if you had a daughter. From what I understand, you're too damned close to my own age to not be riddled with saggy tits, stretch marks, and other unsightly signs of aging. I'm a fucking rock star, chica. I don't fuck girls like you. Good day, and remember: years from now I'll still be here, doing what I do, and ragging on some other chick just like yourself who thinks she's god's gift to the New England music scene. You'll be long gone by then.

Yeah, you're right. 30 is geriatric territory. Someone better get me my Depends and my walker, sonny ;)

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jul 7,2007 9:58pm

toggletoggle post by shamash at Jul 8,2007 12:03am
Ups the FDP!!!

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead is watching you at Jul 8,2007 1:20am
Othniel77 said:

Yeah, you're right. 30 is geriatric territory. Someone better get me my Depends and my walker, sonny ;)

Not geriatric, but too damned old for my tastes. And for the record, I'm older than you. That's right, the truth is out. Even guys your own age would prefer someone younger than you.

p.s. - learn to fucking quote

p.p.s. - 30, and booking clubs at the level you're at? Better find a new career, seems you suck worse at this one than I thought.

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jul 8,2007 6:21am
dido come on OP in order to be taken seriously learn to quote

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 25,2007 12:54pm
"fakkin firefighters are a bunch of homos"

toggletoggle post by dr. sphincto at Feb 25,2008 10:27pm
i miss the the skybar

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Feb 25,2008 10:31pm
i miss this thread

toggletoggle post by fleshfries at Feb 25,2008 11:32pm
I didn't even realize this thread got this long.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 25,2008 11:46pm
Archaeon said[orig][quote]
i miss this thread

It was a time when men were men. (Women were men too, it was weird.)

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 26,2008 12:25am
hahaha I was just thinking about this thread earlier.

toggletoggle post by dr. sphincto at Mar 12,2008 8:50pm
i still see anderson from time to time. I saw her at bella morte at the middle east this past Saturday.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 12,2008 9:20pm
dr.%20sphincto said[orig][quote]
i still see anderson from time to time.

Geese...you might want to keep that kind of info private because now everyone is going to assume you hang out at fag n' dyke bars.

toggletoggle post by Mucko  at Mar 12,2008 9:42pm
Huh? The Middle East?

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 12,2008 9:56pm
Mucko said[orig][quote]
Huh? The Middle East?

Some one likes it up the poop shoot.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 7,2010 2:48am
what's twistin this bitches tit?

toggletoggle post by emanresu at Mar 7,2010 11:17am
Sky Bar looks awesome!

toggletoggle post by soul remnants at Mar 7,2010 12:01pm
Aw shit, what is this abortion of a thread doing here?

toggletoggle post by beelze at Mar 7,2010 12:05pm
FAGGOT SHOW IS FOR FAGGOTS

toggletoggle post by beelze at Mar 7,2010 12:06pm
This woman who organizes this shit is a moron faggot

toggletoggle post by beelze at Mar 7,2010 12:08pm
I'm calling the Somerville Fire Dept. as we speak with the shows date and making them aware of this faggotry

toggletoggle post by soul remnants at Mar 7,2010 12:10pm
Make sure you call right away, we can't let this happen. Fuckin 'merica

toggletoggle post by beelze at Mar 7,2010 12:15pm
Where's DouchebagControl when you need him?

toggletoggle post by skyslar at Mar 7,2010 12:36pm
i fully support the op... mullets rock dude.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Mar 7,2010 12:41pm
best thread

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Mar 7,2010 12:52pm edited Mar 7,2010 12:53pm
While this whole thing was a gigantic clusterfuck, the Skybar was a decent place to play. One more metal-friendly venue down the drain.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Mar 7,2010 1:00pm
This was 3 years ago. Is the boredom factor that high that someone had to dig it up and resurrect it? Jeebus.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Mar 7,2010 1:04pm
i'm gonna go with...yup.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Mar 7,2010 1:04pm
Bored RTTPers? That never happens.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 7,2010 1:04pm
It's always time for lulz.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Mar 7,2010 1:08pm
Othniel77 said[orig][quote]
This was 3 years ago. Is the boredom factor that high that someone had to dig it up and resurrect it? Jeebus.

Lamp said[orig][quote]
best thread

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Mar 7,2010 1:09pm
Really, the only way this thread could get better is if you said you were related to Chiodo.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Mar 7,2010 1:19pm
in all seriousness, the Skybar was the location of the first local show I ever went to. Witch Tomb, Blessed Offal, Hekseri, Baphomets Horns.

Absolutely fantastic show.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 7,2010 1:37pm
RTTP bands are the fucking worst.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 7,2010 3:15pm
classic thread is classic

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Mar 7,2010 10:21pm
The Hekseri/Blessed Offal/Witchtomb/Baphomet's Horns show fucking rocked! I miss those days...metal Sundays @ Skybar. It'd be nice if we had more venues that were open to metal. I mean, O'Briens is a great resource, but the more the merrier....not everyone has the means to travel to Worcester all the time....

toggletoggle post by blessed offal at Mar 7,2010 10:30pm
noone ever came to the fucking skybar. also, the sound at least for our set was horrendous. i always had fun there though, mainly because the bar accepted credit cards.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 8,2010 2:36am
RichHorror said[orig][quote]
RTTP bands are the fucking worst.

HOBBY ROCKERS!!!

Hey, othniel77, I hope you catch the shit bag that did that to you!!

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 8,2010 7:20am
HailTheLeaf is a cunt.

More old shit.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Sep 5,2012 10:07am
in before Rev Hambone bumps this.

toggletoggle post by ark at Sep 5,2012 10:33am
This thread is an alarming reminder of all the people that died in The Great Skybar Fire and don't post on RTTP anymore.

toggletoggle post by stoneylarsen  at Sep 5,2012 11:11am edited Sep 5,2012 11:12am
My old band with Tim Morse opened for Psycho and Padded Hell there.

Inexplicably, Jeffrey Simmons - very much in the Gene Clark/Neil Young 1974 vein - went on first. The dudes in Psycho were totally transfixed by him, as were we. I think Mike Mahan bought one of his records.

toggletoggle post by DYA is MORE POOP JOKES at Sep 5,2012 12:04pm
ark said[orig][quote]
This thread is an alarming reminder of all the people that died in The Great Skybar Fire and don't post on RTTP anymore.

Hahaha

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 5,2012 12:27pm
RIP the idea of "mixed genre shows"

No idea has ever failed so noticeably and consistently as you.

Semper Fi.

toggletoggle post by HAMBONE at Sep 5,2012 3:28pm
bu... ah fuck

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Sep 6,2012 1:29am
http://othniel77.livejournal.com/

last post July 24th, 2012

toggletoggle post by Boxxy at Sep 6,2012 3:45pm
can't believe i just read all of that. fuck.

toggletoggle post by Alex_Mooney_likes_this at Feb 26,2013 3:31pm

toggletoggle post by Mixed Genre Ghost Town at Mar 26,2014 8:12pm
BUMP FOR TOPICAL AWARENESS

toggletoggle post by Jerry LOLer at Mar 26,2014 8:14pm
Othniel77 said[orig][quote]

10:15 - Lucretia's Daggers
10:45 - Dreamchild
11:15 - Lily Holbrook
11:45
12:15 - reserved for headliner

Ms. Anderson Mar/Dark Sky Productions
Independent Boston-based Promoter
Co-organizer of the New England Punk, Goth, & Metal Fest
http://www.nepgmfest.com

You mean Lily Holbrook WASN'T the headliner? BUH-GAWDD!!!

toggletoggle post by irony is a dead scene at Apr 1,2014 4:19pm

toggletoggle post by irony is a dead scene at Apr 1,2014 5:17pm

toggletoggle post by DYA is GLAD I WASN'T THE FIRST GUY TO BUMP IT at Apr 1,2014 5:47pm
This... was inevitable.

toggletoggle post by alanis morisette at Apr 1,2014 9:45pm

toggletoggle post by TUBBY at Apr 1,2014 11:42pm
I just turned legal drinking age and what is this?

toggletoggle post by TUBBY at Apr 1,2014 11:43pm
I believe graveside service was the headliner. I don't recall sticking around that late but I did go. Some chick in a tootoo I was like later gator.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Extremely Swollen Lugubrious Synthesis
[default homepage] [print][2:06:45am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.12402 secs/17 queries]
[search][refresh page]