New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> On a MASSIVE Mastodon kick.... by Hoser on Jun 27,2007 11:54pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 27,2007 11:54pm
Their new album is fucking ALL THAT.

Trippy as hell, nasty as hell, drumming is INCREDIBLE. Songwriting at it's peak....absolutely.

I've absolutely disliked every album they ever did until this one......but for the past 2 monjths...I keep returning to this album over and over again.

Opinions?

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jun 28,2007 12:07am
I used to like this band. They do nothing for me anymore(I'm not saying I like their older stuff and not their newer stuff, I'm just saying I grew out of this band entirely).

I bought Blood Mountain, listened partially into the third song, never bothered listening again. Anyone want my copy?

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 28,2007 12:14am
I dig 'em....dunno why but something in them tickles my talent bone.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jun 28,2007 12:29am
it took me a while to get into mastodon as well. when remission came out i heard it for like 8 months at friends' houses and never really got into it, but then one day i heard it again and something clicked. i think the overall appeal is that they're able to take thin lizzy style rock, make it technical as hell without killing the groove, and give it an extra kick so it transcends the line between rock and metal. that's at least how i see it. i can fully understand why people don't like this band; the style is definitely not for everyone.

toggletoggle post by tomxnli at Jun 28,2007 12:52am
im not too into the mastodon, but i do like the style that they play. i prefer to mong out to isis and yakuza.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Jun 28,2007 12:54am
Lamp said:
I used to like this band. They do nothing for me anymore(I'm not saying I like their older stuff and not their newer stuff, I'm just saying I grew out of this band entirely).

I bought Blood Mountain, listened partially into the third song, never bothered listening again. Anyone want my copy?

I do. You want me to PM you my address?

toggletoggle post by timjohn at Jun 28,2007 1:22am
ugh yuck

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 28,2007 9:36am
I'm good with Mastodon for 1 or 2 songs, then I'm all set. They definitely put together some interesting arrangements, but I get bored with them. I don't dislike this band, but I think they are waaaay overrated.

toggletoggle post by tylerl  at Jun 28,2007 10:13am
i havent heard much of the new one, but i LOVE remission and the lifesblood ep. the drums are definitely what stands out in this band, i find his style to be pretty distinct.

toggletoggle post by HUNTERHUNTER   at Jun 28,2007 11:10am
you got kicked by a mastodon and youre still standing???
shit man

toggletoggle post by fuck loggin‘ in at Jun 28,2007 5:14pm
Hoser and HailtheLeaf secretly make out to this album

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jun 28,2007 5:20pm
lifesblood blows away everything else.

toggletoggle post by HailAtWork at Jun 28,2007 5:20pm
umm..no, but Mastodon does fucking rock.

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Jun 28,2007 5:41pm
Top shelf. Blood Mountain is insane. I would call them a jam band. Awesome when you're stoned. Great band. Blew Slayer off the stage last year in Lowell. oops.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 28,2007 6:26pm
That's what does it for me about this band. With Remission and the album after that....well...I quite honestly hated them. I found their arrangements to be all over the place and nothing about their music was sticky.

This new album however is full of nasty grooves; the drummer is truly amazing.....his style is VERY original and he never plays the same beat twice. The songs are very trippy and it's generally a fun album to listen to.

toggletoggle post by slow at Jun 28,2007 8:38pm
i prefer dinosaurs

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 28,2007 9:11pm
I dont care for any of the Mastodon that Ive heard so far.
Seemed like radio ready tool from what I heard.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Molested Hideous Nemesis
[default homepage] [print][4:26:32am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01563 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]