New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Bud Dwyer suicide video by ConquerTheBaphomet on Jun 20,2007 11:00pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Jun 20,2007 11:00pm

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jun 20,2007 11:07pm
disturbing.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 20,2007 11:09pm
really really old

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 21,2007 12:41am
I've seen a high quality video of that. It was amazing how much blood came out.

He commited suicied live on TV during a brodcasted press conference with 5 cameras.

"...... Dwyer opened a brown envelope and withdrew a .357 Magnum revolver, advising those in the crowd, "Please leave the room if this will offend you." Those in attendance cried out to Dwyer, pleading with him to put the gun down ("Budd—don't!" was heard on television). Some tried to approach him. "Stay away, this thing will hurt someone," he warned.[4] Those were his last words. Amid the cry of "Budd, Budd, Budd!" Dwyer put the gun barrel into his mouth and pulled the trigger. He collapsed on the floor, in front of five television news cameras. Dwyer was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:31 AM"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_dwyer

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jun 21,2007 2:25am
Bud rules!

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Jun 21,2007 8:55am
That is wicked old. I've had that footage since before there was an internet. People used to tack that on to stuff in the old tape trading days.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jun 21,2007 9:28am
Related story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Chubbuck

I'm going out on a limb, and saying that this is the only context in which the following sentence will EVER be used:

"She placed a .38 revolver in her bag of puppets and put it beneath her desk."

And that's a shame.

toggletoggle post by FleshFries at Jun 21,2007 9:31am
lol, i kinda wanna die like that....i saw a higher quality video somewhere though

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 21,2007 9:58am
I wonder if there is any tape of that chubbuck thing.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jun 21,2007 10:10am

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 21,2007 10:36am
that is one of the best videos ever. i remember seeing that when i was like 15 on a Faces of Death video. so much blood pours out of his nose. holy shit i want to see that video of Christine Chubbuck. i've never heard of that before.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jun 21,2007 10:49am
Yeti said:
that is one of the best videos ever. i remember seeing that when i was like 15 on a Faces of Death video. so much blood pours out of his nose. holy shit i want to see that video of Christine Chubbuck. i've never heard of that before.

That seems like one of those things where, if it were available, you would have seen it by now (probably on RTTP, too). According to the story, the family got the tape; unless they're hurting for cash in the near future, they're probably not gonna release it.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jun 21,2007 11:07am edited Jun 21,2007 11:09am
Most people go gently into that good night, ignominiously withering away in their sleep or stuffed with tubes in a hospital bed. They end their lives with the same thudding mediocrity that they lived them.

Not Budd Dwyer, the king of public relations suicides. You only wish you could die as gloriously as he did. A politician by trade, he couldn't deny his vocation's innate exhibitionist tendencies. On January 22, 1987, a day before he was to be sentenced for o bribery conviction, the cholesterol-stoked Pennsylvania State Treasurer summoned a press conference. He then blasted his dome while the TV cameras rolled, ensuring that his death would be enjoyed by generations to come.

What chrome-plated balls. Hail Bud Dwyer!

His stunning curtain call started when a jury found him guilty of awarding a $4.6-million contract to a California computer firm in exchange for a three-hundred-thousand-dollar kickback. Although the deal never went through, Dwyer faced a possible fifty-five-year sentence. Maintaining his innocence, Dwyer delivered thirty minutes of aimless declamations in front of news reporters, claiming that friends had likened him to a "modern-day Job" and that his imprisonment would be "an American gulag." He was as white as Casper the Friendly Ghost after soliloquizing, his beige skull soaked in sweat under the hot lights.

After handing out some sealed letters to his aides, he reached into a manila envelope and pulled out a blued-steel .357 Magnum revolver. "Please leave the room if this will affect you," he calmly exclaimed amid cries of "Budd! Don't do this!. . . Budd, listen to mel" Before anyone could wrest the gun away from him, he shoved the barrel in his mouth and tripped the hammer, knocking himself back against the Pennsylvania state flag and onto the floor. The blood streamed from his nose like water from a faucet.

The video cameras, of course, zoomed in on his plasma-smeared face. Horrified yelps of "Oh, my God!" and "Holy shit!" spiraled above the sound of clicking shutters. "Don't panic," beseeched an oily middle-aged man, holding out his palms and stepping in front of Budd's bulk. "Don't panic. Someone call the ambulance and a doctor and the police. Don't panic, please. Show a little decorum, please. Dear God in heaven. Alright, you've got your footage. Would you kindly wrap up your footage, get your cameras out-please get out of the room. You've got everything that con be gotten at this point. Please. Paul, please. Paul, please! wrap up your cameras and get out of the room. Oh, my God in heaven. Dear God in heaven. Please, Paul, please! That's enough! enough! Please leave the room!”

Cameramen FINALLY turned off their videocams and virtually flew back to their TV stations the gruesome images. Dwyer's suicide replayed nationally, with most broadcasters having the "decorum" to stop the tape when Budd whipped out his gun. But Philadelphia’s WPVI-TV and WPXI-TV in Pittsburgh were bold enough to let the video wind down to its crimson conclusion. A televison commentator would later call Dwyers final act the "super bowl of suicides."

Tasteless or not, it was undeniably a dazzling gesture, much more sweeping than anything Dwyer could have done as the Keystone State’s chief bean counter. Rather than rot away in the pen with fifty dicks up his ass, he went out blazing, theatrically, on his terms.

We love you Budd Dwyer. We honestly love you.

--ANSWER ME! Magazine.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 21,2007 12:55pm
the craziest thing is after he falls and the camera focuses on his face, you can watch the last of his life drain out of his body. not the blood from the nose, but the look in his eyes, and the way his body slowly continues to collapse. that is such an amazing video.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jun 21,2007 1:23pm
"A number of television stations throughout Pennsylvania aired taped footage of Dwyer's suicide before a mid-day audience. Due to a major snowstorm throughout Pennsylvania that day, many schools were closed and many school-aged children were witness to the suicide."

Awesome.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 21,2007 3:20pm
i hope more celebrities take after him and start broadcasting suicides. like George Bush.

toggletoggle post by Whoremastery  at Jun 21,2007 9:02pm edited Jun 22,2007 7:46am
my hero!!!

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jun 21,2007 9:57pm
"Tragic" - you dope!

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jun 21,2007 9:57pm
And "honorable" - you douche-nozzle!

toggletoggle post by tylerl  at Jun 21,2007 10:42pm
my journalism played this video on the first day of class, i was the only one who know what was gonna happen

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 22,2007 2:42am

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at Jun 22,2007 1:13pm
Hey man, nice shot.

Hurrrrrrrrrrr. Filter.

toggletoggle post by SPACEMAN at Aug 12,2008 8:45am
this is all beyond words. I will say that how deep a shade of red that blood is really hits you. You can see myriads of videos of dumbass kids on youtube using their shitty video editing softwarez to try to put together some vague attempt at CG suicide. this video seems no different until you see the blood, and how it flees the body in torrents...and doesn't stop...it's truly disturbing.

He is kind of a douchèbag for pushing everyone present and everyone whom witnessed it live just *that* much closer to psychosis, ya know?

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Aug 12,2008 8:52am

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 10,2009 5:02pm
Christine Chubbuck

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Nov 10,2009 5:05pm
not as disturbing as the bjork stalker suicide video. nothing like viewing a man go deeper and deeper into insanity.

toggletoggle post by GeorgiaHixson at Feb 19,2018 5:26am
spambot=39.46.149.141

toggletoggle post by TURTLE BOY = LAME at Feb 19,2018 3:29pm
Throat cut on bosnian soldier in the early 90s 10x worse than this.

toggletoggle post by Henry Aguilar at Jul 6,2018 7:29am
spambot: 182.179.169.229

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 6,2018 11:58am
Budd ruled... hey man, nice shot!

toggletoggle post by cool dick hard at Jul 6,2018 1:55pm
AUTOPSY_666 said[orig][quote]
Budd ruled... hey man, nice shot!

Everyday of your life you think lame and cornball responses to every form of communication you partake in.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 6,2018 2:05pm
His family got $1M for that bullet.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 6,2018 2:07pm
If you put a bullet through your brain, you are getting shit, his suicide was worth $1,000,000 and left us priceless footage, Budd Dwyer is a legend.

Wish I was related to him, he ruled.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][1:48:43pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02513 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]