New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Sexiest guitar ever by George on Dec 7,2003 11:39am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 7,2003 11:39am
it will be mine

someday...someday

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 7,2003 11:55am
you'd have sex with a guitar?
why not just hump a drill-do?

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 7,2003 12:23pm
dood, its eric hoffman from deicide's custom made guitar! neck through body, emg 81 and 85, kahler flat mount termolo, all mahogany. i cant look at it anymore, its makes me sad.

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Dec 7,2003 4:48pm
I don't think that guitar had the King Kelly cutouts. Anyways, this guitar is way cooler:

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jack-others-pics/J6462.jpg
http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jack-others-pics/J6462c.jpg

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 7,2003 4:57pm
no way. this guitar makes me want to carve pentagrams into my chest and nail goat heads to upsidedown crosses, that guitar is too clunky looking.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Dec 7,2003 5:59pm edited Dec 7,2003 6:00pm
mine:

$1700.00 shipped from japan

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Dec 7,2003 8:49pm
nope mine is the sexiest by far. id post a picture but i dont know how! jackson v usa with erri des custom paint neck thru if you all come see us this friday with mortician you will see it \m/

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Dec 7,2003 9:13pm
i don't like the eerie dress swirl finish at all... my usa rr1 is black w/gold pin.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 7,2003 9:51pm edited Dec 7,2003 9:53pm
that is a pretty sweet guitar. here's mine, only in black. not a bad bass for it's price. but i'm looking to get a Fodera as my next which will cost me roughly 4 grand

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Dec 8,2003 1:09am
Jackson's are cool, nice paint, how's the hardware? In terms of sexy guitars check out Ryan Ragas - http://www.angelfire.com/la3/powerguitar/

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Dec 8,2003 6:08am

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Dec 8,2003 6:16am

The last 3 have been from my friend Brian's collection

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 8,2003 8:52am
the last one is nice, but i generally think that metal guitars without emg pickups are just a waste.

that last one is real nice though, is that a bc rich?

have you guys heard about the new speedtuner thing bc rich has now? its pretty nuts, that might be the next guitar i pick up.

toggletoggle post by 5 Minutes Hate at Dec 8,2003 9:12am
Those are all really nice guitars! Here's a pic of the one I'm currently using:

My cousin had both of these, he gave me the one on the right cause he's such a nice guy!! It's an '81 Destroyer II, the sound is amazing, it plays really well too.

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Dec 8,2003 9:29am
those destroyers are nice

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Dec 8,2003 9:55am
holy crap dude if that's an original Kahler Pro system on a goddamn NECK-THRU of course you covet it!

custom jobs are mucho buckos though!

George said:
it will be mine

someday...someday

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 8,2003 12:40pm
George said:
have you guys heard about the new speedtuner thing bc rich has now? its pretty nuts, that might be the next guitar i pick up.

my friends played on a couple of them, mostly the warlock versions. they were some of the best playing guitars they've ever tried. my only problem with them is because of those speed tuners. you're extremely limited with the types of strings you can use.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 8,2003 12:46pm
This baby right here is a Fodera Emperor Elite 5 string. but i can't decide if i wanna go back to 5 string (i originally started playing 5 string) or stick to 4 strings. if i do stay with 4 string i'd probably get the Victor Wooten Monarch Style w/Bolt On Neck underneath:

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 8,2003 3:15pm
THEY FUCKING SOLD IT!!!!!!!!
im going to cry.
shoot me

toggletoggle post by A_Cold_Reality   at Dec 8,2003 3:53pm
I PERSONALLY THINK EMG'S ARE OVERRATED. THEY ARE GOOD PICKUPS, BUT NOT AS GOOD AS PEOPLE MAKE THEM OUT TO BE. I HAD A EMG-81 SET UP IN A JACKSON V AS THE KNECK PICKUP AND aND EMG-85 AS THE BRIDGE PICKUP. WHILE THE SOUND HAD A GOOD METAL VIBE. I FOUND THAT THE PICKUPS THEMSELVES WERE TOO DISTORTD FOR MY TASTE, I HATED THE CLEAR CHANNEL SOUND OF THE PICKUPS.

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Dec 8,2003 4:25pm
George said:
the last one is nice, but i generally think that metal guitars without emg pickups are just a waste.

that last one is real nice though, is that a bc rich?

The last one is a Ken Lawrence Explorer. Like Hetfield's got. They're all custom orders, cost like $6500 or something. The new system on the BC Rich is the Floyd Rose Speedloader...Seems pretty cool, but I don't know if it does alternate tunings.

As for EMGs, my ideal set would be the 89 in the bridge and the H in the neck. \m/ Diversity \m/

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Dec 8,2003 6:19pm

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Dec 8,2003 6:55pm
i just played the sexiest bass ever. its like my 5 string... but on a serious diet and a 4 string. active electronics, active pickups... its was an Ibanez SR1300 or something... all custom. it was amazing. i wanted to buy it as soon as i picked it up and went through the opening to "Jerry was a Racecar Driver". man... was that thing mint.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Dec 8,2003 10:05pm edited Dec 8,2003 10:05pm
George said:
it will be mine

someday...someday

I am not a big fan of the whole idea of dropping the high E and adding a low B (that is what it looks like at least, if not then the strings are really thick).

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Dec 8,2003 10:18pm
retzam said:
I am not a big fan of the whole idea of dropping the high E and adding a low B (that is what it looks like at least, if not then the strings are really thick).

Yeah, if that's the intention, might as well get this (mine):

toggletoggle post by retzam at Dec 8,2003 10:20pm
DeOdiumMortis said:
retzam said:

Yeah, if that's the intention, might as well get this (mine):

Seriously, I never understood that. Why would someone drop range when they can get a 7-string?

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 8,2003 10:36pm
Seriously, I never understood that. Why would someone drop range when they can get a 7-string?

because they obviously don't need that extra high string. like right now i'm playing a 4 string bass, and i'm using .55-.110 gauge strings so that i can tune to a low C. now i could get a 5 string, get light strings, roughly .40-.120, and tune up to low C. but now i have a high G# string, which granted it now gives me more options when playing, but how often would i use it? and if i'm trying to play chords on the lower strings it'll just get in the way.

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 8,2003 10:39pm
no that guitar is a standard

because 7 strings are retarted and a trend.

use a baritone like i do, the neck is longer so you get a bassier sound.

and dont give me that, ohh you can use them right if you want to, cause im sure you can, i just dont care, i think they're lame.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Dec 8,2003 10:54pm
I meant get something like that. I know it's just a stock setup, if I could afford a custom I'd get one.
Mine is a little longer scale than any 6-string I've owned and it intonates well and carries enough low end to keep me happy without getting too muddy.
Just because they're usually used for evil doesn't mean they have to be. You won't hear me playing any retarded trendy crap on mine, I have it because I like the increased range that I wouldn't get with a detuned 6-string. If 7-strings are a trend then so are 5-string basses.
Not trying to change your opinion, just justifying mine.

toggletoggle post by HiImPaul  at Dec 9,2003 12:02am
7 strings are trend??? Totally bullshit, I cant stand when kids say that shit. "derrr because korn usez dem" Fuck that. A ton of good DM bands utilize the 7 string. Tuning down a 6 string all the way to B kills the action and makes it so you cant get the sound out of a high E. Not to mention the 7 string stays in tune with no problem. A lot of downtuned 6 strings wont stay in tune, and if your playing a show and hitting a ton of notes you'll go out of tune. I used to down tune my 6 string to B then I got sick of the shitty action and got a 7 string. Before you knock the instrument fucking try it.

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 9,2003 12:17am edited Dec 9,2003 12:22am
a: you can fix the inotation so that the action isnt so low and it doesnt go out of tune.
b: i have a baritone, its basicly a 7 string without the high e. its got a longer neck and such.
c: ive played 7 strings before. my friend in my guitar ensamble has one. he likes it, i dont.
d: they're a trend.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 9,2003 12:49am
hey george, you know what else is a trend? THE FUCKING GUITAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 9,2003 12:52am
Kalopsia said:

brilliant.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 9,2003 12:59am
it's just to prove a point man. playing music has practically become a trend in itself. i work at guitar center, and i can't tell u how many 14-16 year old idiots i get coming in, looking for a Boss Metal Zone, or just a multi-effects pedal but for no more than $50. we have a damn near endless supply of cheap squier guitars because we know this month thousands of parents are going to buy one for their kid so they can start learning guitar because playing guitar is the "cool thing to do" nowadays. so george if you wanna avoid being part of a trend, stop playing guitar.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Dec 9,2003 1:02am
Kalopsia said:

now if you want to go into even deeper philosophy, everything is a trend. there, end of thread!

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 9,2003 1:02am
very true terance

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 9,2003 1:17am
Kalopsia said:
so george if you wanna avoid being part of a trend, stop playing guitar.

no thanks. i kind of like playing guitar.
the real point is, i think 7 string guitars are useless. you dont need your high e string. if you were playing jazz or blues, than i would understand, but this is metal, and we're all using that low b string for the same thing. just tune your regular guitar down, if you have shitty action just go to broken neck guitar shop and have them fix it for 20 bucks instead of blowing 700 on an entirely new guitar.
blahblahblahblah do whatever you want.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 9,2003 1:42am
George said:
no thanks. i kind of like playing guitar.
the real point is, i think 7 string guitars are useless. you dont need your high e string. if you were playing jazz or blues, than i would understand, but this is metal, and we're all using that low b string for the same thing. just tune your regular guitar down, if you have shitty action just go to broken neck guitar shop and have them fix it for 20 bucks instead of blowing 700 on an entirely new guitar. blahblahblahblah do whatever you want.

wow, you have just showed me how immature and close-minded you are. now let's think here, what kind of bands would use a high E string? let's see, Opeth, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, ANY BAND THAT HAS A LEAD GUITARIST!!!!!!! oh so "this is metal"? then let's all follow the TREND of only playing a low B string in metal and doing the same thing over and over again, just like ppl follow the trend of using 7 string guitars.

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 9,2003 1:50am
cannibal corpse and opeth and morbid angel all use 6 string guitars.
at least to my knoledge.
do we have to keep on bickering about this?
you dont need another high string to solo.
i dont fucking care anymore. go play your 7 string guitar. thats fanstastic. im closeminded, im immature, thats nice, go cry about it.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 9,2003 1:57am
cannibal corpse uses a 7 string dingus, and i'm a bassist.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Dec 9,2003 1:59am
Trey used to use a 7 string back in 1992 for the recording of Covenant. He even uses it in the "God of Emptiness" video.

THAT WAS BEFORE KORN.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 9,2003 3:02am
he still uses a 7 string

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Dec 9,2003 7:09am
Jeff Loomis from Nevermore uses a 7 to great effect.

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Dec 9,2003 11:25am
cannibal has been using 7 strings since the VILE album.

If your going to tune your 6 string down you got to have it set up(neck/intonation/bridge adjustment) by a tech. best $50 spent.

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 9,2003 11:33am
my point was, if you have a six string guitar, it makes alot more sense to spend 50 bucks and get your guitar adjusted to you can drop it down, instead of blowing another 700 or whatever on a new guitar.
but the real point is, they sold my deicide guitar, and its gone forever, and im going to die a cold sad lonely old man.

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Dec 9,2003 12:33pm
I tune my 7 string to b flat ( a la cannibal)

toggletoggle post by retzam at Dec 9,2003 3:30pm
George said:
cannibal corpse and opeth and morbid angel all use 6 string guitars.
at least to my knoledge.
do we have to keep on bickering about this?
you dont need another high string to solo.
i dont fucking care anymore. go play your 7 string guitar. thats fanstastic. im closeminded, im immature, thats nice, go cry about it.

Dude, that wasn't the point. 6 strings (standard ones anyway) and 7 strings alike have high e strings. Some guitarists like yourself, prefer to have a baritone. That is fine. If you are going to be playing lots of lower pitch stuff then great! Get a baritone! But some guitarists like the lower stuff without losing the versatility of a whole fucking string. Think about it. A standard guitar has 22 frets. (Assuming that you are in standard tuning) a guitar with no high e string, despite gaining lower range, loses 2 and a half steps of range (not including bending). This may not sound like a big deal, but in metal, a lot of the stuff is in e minor, or a type of e minor. This means that during a solo, if you want to hit that high e (22nd fret on e sting bent up a step) you can't. You would have to bend the 22nd fret of the high b string up 3 and a half steps. I dare you to do this. Anyhow, my point is, whatever floats your boat. No need to critisize other peoples guitars or choice of guitar. Plus I just want to point out that I don't have a 7-string or a baritone, nor have I ever played either, so I am not picking sides.

toggletoggle post by A_Cold_Reality   at Dec 9,2003 4:22pm
IM A METAL GUITAR PLAYER, AND I CERTAINLY NEED MY HIGH E

toggletoggle post by goratory  at Dec 9,2003 4:32pm
i need 2000 to get my custom ragas.
30 frets
half fretted half fretless
whammy bar
figured koa
figured korina
ebony fretboard
and a pot leaf made out of buckeye burl on the headstock.
i dont know how to post pics but its going to be the craziest bass when its done

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Dec 9,2003 4:46pm
Trey's ibanez Universe is a 7-string and he uses it on quite a few live songs.

toggletoggle post by George   at Dec 9,2003 5:20pm
well i guess i just dont know my morbid angel guitar trivia well enough.

you've all sucessfully proven me wrong. 7 strings arnt a trend.

hurray, now we can stop arguing about it.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Dec 9,2003 5:30pm
goratory said:
30 frets
whammy bar
figured koa
figured korina
ebony fretboard
i dont know how to post pics but its going to be the craziest bass when its done

dude just turn gigolo, works like a charm!

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Dec 9,2003 6:10pm
goratory said:
30 frets
whammy bar
figured koa
figured korina
ebony fretboard

dude, just give me a link to the URL. this i GOTTA see

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Dec 9,2003 6:40pm
George said:

7 strings *were* a trend, for about 5 seconds. It didn't last long though

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Dec 9,2003 6:56pm
Sinistas said:
7 strings *were* a trend, for about 5 seconds. It didn't last long though

Yeah, now they're just fairly common and moderately accepted. They're not going anywhere.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Dec 9,2003 8:10pm
George said:

Oh, now I feel bad, I didn't mean to ruin your fun.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Dec 9,2003 8:57pm
Trends can be cool and they can suck. Lately people seem to hate them, I guess that's the trend. I blaze my own path and stay radical.

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Dec 10,2003 8:19am
while we are on "7" string trivia, some jazz dudes were using 7 strings back in the mid 70's. Those cats were rockin on b before metal guys did.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 10,2003 9:25am
I'm a computer.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Possesed Epic Necrobutcher
[default homepage] [print][12:57:48pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.03135 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]