New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Dead chicks...caught on film by pam on May 20,2007 10:52pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by pam   at May 20,2007 10:52pm edited May 20,2007 11:02pm
So my modest brother-in-law won't post this, so I am going to. He's been doing this photo series for about a year...it started with him screwing with our photo teacher at school who asked him to shoot one inanimate object from a bunch of different angles. He and this dude had a running joke about an "As Seen On TV" serial killer that killed hookers with things you see in infomercials. SO he had me lay face down in a silly hooker dress I for no good reason had, dumped chocolate sauce on me and the As Seen On TV knife, and shot the very first Deathwish Photography shoot which has since evolved and is starting to grab up models all over the place.

It's fun, Chris lets the models pick how they want to die (hence the name) and where...fun ensues. I thought some of you might get a kick out of it so here's some samples from the 14 series' he's done so far.

And he also does an Acts of Vengeance series

You can see more pictures and add him on myspace here: http://www.myspace.com/deathwishphotography

Just thought I'd share since Chris [theaccurseddrummer] never will. Enjoy!

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 20,2007 10:54pm
I should also point out that he's always looking for models.

toggletoggle post by fleshfries at May 20,2007 11:05pm
chicks with dicks?

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 20,2007 11:07pm
Just me, baby, just me.

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 20,2007 11:10pm
Yeah, well, forgive me for not wanting to post my amateur hour B-Horror movie stuff on a site run by an amazing professional photographer, which also happens to be frequented by his amazing professional photographer girlfriend. I would say it's the equivalent of the kid from that 80's movie Cloak & Dagger (who also played Elliot in ET,) trying to roll with Jack Bauer on an episode of 24. Or maybe more like me TheAccursedDrummer jamming with Nile or something. I feel like I'm not exactly in the same category. Sorry.

But hey, it's here now, so check it out anyway.

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 20,2007 11:12pm
uuuuuh I have to do everything

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at May 21,2007 12:23am
in all fairness rev sucked at photography just a few years ago and now rulez at it.

toggletoggle post by DaveFromTheGrave  at May 21,2007 12:38am
also, I've posted my photography here, which is pretty shitty compared to yours, and he offered nothing but constructive comments. he's a cool dude like that.

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 12:47am
DaveFromTheGrave said:
also, I've posted my photography here, which is pretty shitty compared to yours, and he offered nothing but constructive comments. he's a cool dude like that.

Nah, it's not that I think he'll shit on it or anything, Rev actually pointed me toward my next camera, he's the man. It just never really occurred to me to post that shit on here because it didn't really fit any topic. Guess that's not necessary though!

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at May 21,2007 3:40am
for some reason i think a lot of people will be rejoicing the dead pam pictures, since she's all mean and such

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at May 21,2007 5:04am
Dead chicks rule

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at May 21,2007 9:32am
TheAccursedDrummer said:
Or maybe more like me TheAccursedDrummer jamming with Nile or something. I feel like I'm not exactly in the same category.

You'd make the guy from Nile cry if he saw you play.

toggletoggle post by mOe @ work at May 21,2007 11:33am
Chris met me in an alley in Boston yesterday for a little bit a this, little bit a that

toggletoggle post by mOe @ work at May 21,2007 11:34am
we didnt kiss or anythin, so we aint gay

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 21,2007 11:35am
sacreligion said:
for some reason i think a lot of people will be rejoicing the dead pam pictures, since she's all mean and such

Yeah I was thinking that as I was posting them.

toggletoggle post by BOBDEAD at May 21,2007 11:45am
cool pix!

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at May 21,2007 12:15pm
thats a really good idea... cool pix too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 21,2007 12:18pm
how darn you...

I actually was on your series from ms bulletins.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 21,2007 12:19pm
[May 21,2007 12:23am - sxealex ]
in all fairness rev sucked at photography just a few years ago and now rulez at it.

I still suck at it. learning every single day.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 21,2007 12:35pm
that is a really cool idea. i thought of doing something similar, but i wanted to stage fake murders. well its basically the same thing.

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 1:15pm
mOe @ work said:
we didnt kiss or anythin, so we aint gay

Man, I thought that shit was just between us? Jeeezus!

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 1:19pm
the_reverend said:
[May 21,2007 12:23am - sxealex ]

I still suck at it. learning every single day.

Exactly how I feel every time I shoot. Seems as though they're getting better, but I'm still trying to steady myself when using natural light, I ended up tossing like 20 blurry photos, it's nerve wracking!!!

My next step is definitely kicking up the gore factor a bit, maybe looking into some Rick Baker courses or something that'll bring a little realism to the wounds. That and toning down the wardrobe, people complain that the dead girls aren't quite femme enough wearing jeans and t-shirts. We'll see.

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 21,2007 1:30pm
We must bully Olivia into wearing girlie clothes. Or none. Meow.

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 3:47pm
pam said:

I actually have an upcoming nude shoot happening, so I suppose that's a completely different end of the spectrum, but it's not Olivia. When I re-shoot the horrible abortion that is Acts of Vengeance 3 with the two of you, it'll be a little more believable.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 21,2007 3:49pm
I'm doing a couple shoots in the future. I will mercifully be fully clothed.

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 3:50pm
RichHorror said:
I'm doing a couple shoots in the future. I will mercifully be fully clothed.

Indeed. Father O'Copafeel and an unfortunate wandering officer of the law.

Perfect!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 21,2007 3:55pm
chris: what camera did you end up buying? I know you didn't want to spend much, but looking at the shots you are taking... the camera I would suggest you get (if you haven't gotten one yet) is pricey. the lens is not.

I would highly, highly, highly recommend that you get a canon 5D and a 50mm 1.8 or 1.4, it's exactly what you are looking for here.

$2600
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/AddedTo...?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0533285
$80
http://www.adorama.com/CA5018AFU.html?searchinfo=50mm%201.8&item_no=2

I would say save your money for how ever long to get that.

if you can't ever afford that and you go with the 1.6x crop camera, then get this:
$399 30mm f/1.4 sigma.
http://www.adorama.com/SG3014EOS.html?sear...hinfo=sigma%201.4%20canon&item_no=1

a 50mm 1.4 on a full frame camera (what the canon is) is what all the crime scene photos would be taken with.

a 30mm on a cropped sensor would give you the same FOV, but not the same DOV. On the other hand, most classic horror movies are shot through a 85mm f1.4 lens.

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 21,2007 4:04pm
TheAccursedDrummer said:
pam said:

I actually have an upcoming nude shoot happening, so I suppose that's a completely different end of the spectrum, but it's not Olivia. When I re-shoot the horrible abortion that is Acts of Vengeance 3 with the two of you, it'll be a little more believable.

I can't wait for that.

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 4:13pm
the_reverend said:
chris: what camera did you end up buying? I know you didn't want to spend much, but looking at the shots you are taking... the camera I would suggest you get (if you haven't gotten one yet) is pricey. the lens is not.

I would highly, highly, highly recommend that you get a canon 5D and a 50mm 1.8 or 1.4, it's exactly what you are looking for here.

$2600
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/AddedTo...?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0533285
$80
http://www.adorama.com/CA5018AFU.html?searchinfo=50mm%201.8&item_no=2

I would say save your money for how ever long to get that.

if you can't ever afford that and you go with the 1.6x crop camera, then get this:
$399 30mm f/1.4 sigma.
http://www.adorama.com/SG3014EOS.html?sear...hinfo=sigma%201.4%20canon&item_no=1

a 50mm 1.4 on a full frame camera (what the canon is) is what all the crime scene photos would be taken with.

a 30mm on a cropped sensor would give you the same FOV, but not the same DOV. On the other hand, most classic horror movies are shot through a 85mm f1.4 lens.

I ended up saving up the $900 for the XTi, but had to use the money for the mortgage payment. Figures. Soon as I pull enough bank together I was planning on buying that. I pretty much have to keep it under $1000, so the 5D's beyond my price range right now, maybe for the next step up if things go well with the sales folks I'm working with. One of the models works in a tattoo shop and wants me to sell prints in her shop of the Death Wish stuff as well as some of my UE shit. If I can start selling prints and make enough, I'll start putting away for a 5D. I've got a couple of lenses for my EOS Rebel K1 that I can also use on the XTi, but would that 50mm 1.4 work with the XTi? If not, what comparable lens that's compatible would you recommend?

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 4:15pm
pam said:
TheAccursedDrummer said:
pam said:

I can't wait for that.

I'm not sure how to approach it just yet. That's something you, me and Olivia will have to sit down in advance and talk through. If I have to take a second crack at the idea with all those changes, I want to make damned sure I get it right this time.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 21,2007 4:37pm
any lens on for your EOS will work on the 5D/xti. look at the dell link. you can get financing... I think it's like 0% for a year or so. lenses are always th best investment, but veryone I know that is serious, when they get the rebel, they get rid or it asap. it's a great camera and all, but it's limiting. I would sugest keeping an eye on the 30D. you can find those nw from dell every few months for $999.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 21,2007 4:44pm
take your lenses and a CF to a camera store and play with the cameras. that's the only way you can tell what yoou likee. I just feel that if you spend $XXX on the rebel, you will feel like you through your money away when (in 6mon to 1 year) you buy a better camera. trust me, I walked that path and hav plnty of lnses that I wish I didn't buy.

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 10:17pm
Yeah, I'll definitely keep it in mind, buying a new camera is still a bit away, so maybe I'll finance the big one and see what happens.

In other news, I got a couple of e-mails from new prospects for the Death Wish series, and a couple of friend requests, so keep passing the word on fine folks...

Death Wish Photography

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 21,2007 10:51pm
TNFAC wants to do something too...get in touch with Sly!

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 11:19pm
pam said:
TNFAC wants to do something too...get in touch with Sly!

Tell him to drop me a line, I'm easy to find.

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 21,2007 11:19pm
No, you.

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 11:40pm
Where?

toggletoggle post by keithnli at May 21,2007 11:42pm
mark richards told me about this, def. very cool pictures!

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 21,2007 11:42pm
I don't know. He's on my friend list. myspace.com/aterribleguitarist maybe?

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 21,2007 11:43pm
keithnli said:

Keith if you look very close at Hope's shoot, there's a picture of you and her in a broken frame on the bathroom floor. I smashed you in the face with a hammer.

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 21,2007 11:44pm
keithnli said:

Thanks dude.

toggletoggle post by keithnli at May 21,2007 11:48pm
pam said:
keithnli said:

Keith if you look very close at Hope's shoot, there's a picture of you and her in a broken frame on the bathroom floor. I smashed you in the face with a hammer.

aww, i feel so special now

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 27,2007 7:07pm
Just got back from another shoot....it was a good one!

toggletoggle post by TheAccursedDrummer  at May 28,2007 11:15pm
pam said:
Just got back from another shoot....it was a good one!

Yup, I think so...

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Jul 28,2007 8:46pm
Seven new photo shoots in two days, check em out...
http://www.myspace.com/deathwishphotography

toggletoggle post by Keithnli at Jul 29,2007 4:56am
pam said:
keithnli said:

i added the site and saw the picture and was like "awwwww"

gay or not whatever, maryland death fest > almost anything

toggletoggle post by da chief at Jul 29,2007 8:31am
two things

pam....whats good fake blood to use

MDF is amazing, ill be returning next year if you havent gone you lose at life. best time ever !

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 29,2007 12:26pm
We use chocolate sauce for the black and whites...old horror movie trick. For color, there's a lot of good recipes online. I've used the one in Bruce Campbell's book.

toggletoggle post by sinofangels-ray  at Jul 29,2007 12:55pm
Them pics are great!!!! thats some killer shit...for some odd reason turns me on??

toggletoggle post by da chief at Jul 29,2007 1:04pm
pam said:
We use chocolate sauce for the black and whites...old horror movie trick. For color, there's a lot of good recipes online. I've used the one in Bruce Campbell's book.

cool, just asking cause the stage blood we got came out more pink then red or brownish red

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Jul 29,2007 10:48pm
pam said:
I've used the one in Bruce Campbell's book.

e-mail it to me?
thanx

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 29,2007 10:50pm
sinofangels-ray said:
Them pics are great!!!! thats some killer shit...for some odd reason turns me on??

That's kind of the idea...guilty boners anyone?

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Jul 29,2007 10:52pm
sinofangels-ray said:

I want people to feel like they're terrible for thinking that the pics are sexually charged because of the obvious illusion that the women are dead. It's a double edged sword kinda thing.

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Jul 29,2007 11:40pm
Oh yeah, I'm having a contest for Death Wish Photography too.

Everyone who is on MySpace, check this out...

Just wanted to tell everyone that the photo comments are great, it lets me know that people are actually looking at my work, and that they have something that they feel is important to say about it. I always read them, and take them to heart.

So, post a comment saying something about my photos, how they make you feel, what immediately comes to mind, what it reminds you of, something clever or funny, pretty much anything, and if you post a comment that's worthy, I'll use it as a caption (or tagline, or whatever you call it.) If your caption gets picked, I'll send (or give if you're a local) you a print of that picture, signed by yours truly and the photo's subject model(s).

Come on, it'll be fun. Let me know what you think of Death Wish Photography.

Death Wish Photography MySpace page

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][4:14:30pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.02861 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]