Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> The Poverty Belt. by Raycm on May 15,2007 11:49am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Raycm at May 15,2007 11:49am
If you live in Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, Idaho, Louisinia, Indiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Texas and Wyoming and are a minimum wage earner you will be living under the standards of people living in Guam. Guam's Minimum wage will be $5.75 per hour effective July 1st 2007.......Freaking Guam

toggletoggle post by HailAtWork at May 15,2007 11:55am
It's the American dream, to live in a country where you can make less than $6/hour, have no healthcare, and have your house and land taken away by the bank or government if you get sick or hurt and can't pay your bills. We could have a revolution if everyone wasn't too busy working and watching tv.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at May 15,2007 12:20pm
So what do you plan to do about it?

toggletoggle post by Raycm at May 15,2007 12:37pm
I'm moving to guam...lol...Kidding. I just think its a slap in the face from the State government in all of the above mentioned states. There are other states that operate at the federal mandated $5.15 an hour rate but they have plans in action with dates that the rate hikes will occur. The States I mentioned have no such plans and in effect don't beleive its peoples are worthy. I disagree and have made contact with my state government voicing my opinion, but I am just one voice and don't know if I can piss enough people off to have any effect or not.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at May 15,2007 12:39pm
I was actually talking to HTL, not you.

toggletoggle post by Raycm at May 15,2007 12:40pm
sooooooo can I count on you....lol

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 15,2007 12:44pm
HailAtWork said:
It's the American dream, to live in a country where you can make less than $6/hour, have no healthcare, and have your house and land taken away by the bank or government if you get sick or hurt and can't pay your bills. We could have a revolution if everyone wasn't too busy working and watching tv.

and what the fuck are you doing to help? i hope a revolution happens and it throws everything into chaos, and we can all blame your stupid hippie ass. state-mandated healthcare is a nightmare waiting to happen. you think its going to simply be people having access to coverage with no ifs, ands or buts? fuck no. state run healthcare means the state can start to tell you what to eat and how to live, because of all the fuckheads who will go to the ER for a sniffle. wake up.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at May 15,2007 1:08pm
I'm wearing a poverty belt right now... its made of extension cords.

toggletoggle post by Y_Ddraig_Goch  at May 15,2007 1:11pm
Hail, are you a red....

someone call the tribunal!

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at May 15,2007 2:54pm
Thank the open borders and all the illegal immigrants they let in for the minimum wage and the likes for being so low.

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at May 16,2007 1:29pm
HailAtWork said:

ah yes, and time and time again, these revolutions started by purveyors or liberal youth culture will CONTINUE to fail and make no real change. its because yer all pacifists. pacifism is an excuse to take no action

secession is the only answer, but it may require some violence to fulfill. so that means all the pacifist hippies are out

FAIL

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at May 16,2007 2:44pm
How many people actually stay on minimum wage for a very long time in entry level jobs?

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at May 16,2007 3:07pm
PatMeebles said:
How many people actually stay on minimum wage for a very long time in entry level jobs?

Around here, buisinesses keep people on minimum wage. Raises are a joke and are only in increments of like 25 cents every 3 years.

toggletoggle post by Raycm at May 16,2007 3:18pm
Well minimum wage jobs do have the highest turn over but with companies like walmart trying to get rid of all full time positions below dept managers it is getting harder for unskilled labor to move up and are remaining on the job longer i'm assuming for lack of options.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][5:07:14am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01758 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]