New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli by Yeti on May 9,2007 3:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 9,2007 3:23pm
for those of you out there that are Dimmu fans, this album dominates. what a fresh change from their previous few works. they shyed away from the production aspects of Puritanical and Death Cult, keeping it much simpler and much darker. the drumming is similar but much more straight forward, Hellhammer does do fills, but not nearly as many as Nick Barker. the sound they got is much more mature as well. the overproduction and epic symphony stuff is gone, the keys are still very prevelant but they are used more for atmosphere than its own score. i like how it was a concept album, it allowed the lyrics to branch out from the overusage of huge words and your standard "hypo-christian" viewpoints. its still based around the anti-christian way, however its approached differently. Shagrath sounds awesome, he didnt do a lot of the "acidic" sounds, its kept much more raspy. i have to say i like this a lot more than Death Cult Armaggedon, they seem to have delved back into an earlier sound. they shouldnt refer to themselves as "norwegian black metal" because it really isnt. they captured their own sound. i strongly recommend this, its a great listen from start to finish. i think Mustis played a lot of God of War, because some of the ambient stuff sounds remarkably like the soundtrack. i definitely give this a 10. i cant think of one thing i dislike about it.

toggletoggle post by tylerl  at May 9,2007 5:26pm
Yeti said:
what a fresh change from their previous few works. they shyed away from the production aspects of Puritanical and Death Cult

what? the thing i like about dimmu is that they had switched it up from album to album up until this one. the production sounds exactly like the last album, it sounds like they just recorded the songs that didn't make the cut on DCA with the same gear, in the same studio. might as well have named this album death cult armageddon part II

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at May 9,2007 6:24pm
The new album is indeed great. I think they did an awesome job with it; Hellhammer fits right in on the drums, and I agree with you on the vocal aspect, Shagrath does sound a lot more powerful on this one. Production sounds good too, you're right that it doesn't sount really overproduced. Good album!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 10,2007 10:30am
tylerl said:
Yeti said:
what a fresh change from their previous few works. they shyed away from the production aspects of Puritanical and Death Cult

what? the thing i like about dimmu is that they had switched it up from album to album up until this one. the production sounds exactly like the last album, it sounds like they just recorded the songs that didn't make the cut on DCA with the same gear, in the same studio. might as well have named this album death cult armageddon part II

not even close man, it sounds way different than Death Cult.

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 10,2007 11:44am
My kid loves this album. I caught her making the metal face and nodding her head while she was doing her homework the other day.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at May 10,2007 11:50am
i like this album because everytime i listen to it a different song becomes my favorite song on the album...it's very solid

right now my favorite is "the invaluable darkness"

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at May 10,2007 11:53am
i like dimmu, but i do not know if i could watch them live for an hour and a half again....

this album is good, almost as good as some of their voice comments on their myspace page.

toggletoggle post by pam   at May 10,2007 11:54am
voice...comments...?

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][9:52:10am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.00881 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]