New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Armageddon Shop & BSRLive Present: La Fraction (France), Mass Grave (Canada), Man The Conveyors (NH), Lolita Black (RI) Saturday May 5th @ The Brown Underground Providence RI by DistortThrash on May 1,2007 1:43pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by DistortThrash  at May 1,2007 1:43pm edited May 1,2007 1:44pm

Armageddon Shop Presents
in co-operation with BSRLIVE.COM:

La Fraction (France)
www.lafraction.org
www.myspace.com/lafractionustourmay07
Man The Conveyors (NH)
www.myspace.com/mantheconveyors
Mass Grave (Canada)
www.myspace.com/massgrave
Lolita Black (RI)
www.myspace.com/lolitablackprovidence

Saturday May 5th
@ The Brown Underground 75 Waterman St Providence RI
9 PM SHARP $7
ALL AGES
www.bsrlive.com
armageddondaynow@hotmail.com

LA FRACTION some reviews/descriptions:

"4 piece female fronted french punk from Paris, going since 199?, 3 albums out: 1- self titled on crash disques 2- Aussi Long sera le chemin (2002) on crash disques 3- La Vie Révée 2006 this one coming out on a flurry of various labels associated for the occasion. They have toured Europe extensively and done one north american tour so far, very energetic live shows, best seen when no time constraints are put on their performance."
"Long awaited 3rd album from them damn Punk Rockers, haha. Energetic Punk with catchy and melodic parts, nice female vocals (she sure knows how to use vibrato) and well written lyrics both personal and political. 10 tracks in the way of Aussi Long Sera le Chemin."
"The title translates into: "however long it takes". This is their 2nd Lp and it was really worth the wait. Raging straightforward fast and melodic punk with some of the best female vocals you can come across!! The style of singing reminds me a lot of this typical french "chanson-style" singing, if you don't know what I mean, get this and find out. Nothing really changed, but the production is more powerful than on their last already outstanding release. Comes in a nice 4-coloured sleeve with a 4 coloured booklet - lyrix are translated in english for those who are not familiar with French."

toggletoggle post by lbprovidencenli at May 1,2007 6:04pm
yeaahhhhhh!

toggletoggle post by Armageddon at May 2,2007 1:34pm
up

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 2,2007 5:34pm
uh, it's $8 and at 8pm sharp. see the updated poster @ bsrlive.com

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at May 2,2007 7:00pm
whoa...Man the conveyors is so good, I did not know there was a crust band like that from NH. fucking sick.

toggletoggle post by Armageddon at May 3,2007 12:43pm
Saturday...

toggletoggle post by lolitablackpvd at May 3,2007 11:14pm
may fizzifth!

toggletoggle post by Armageddon at May 5,2007 4:05pm
tonite. Played Philly last nite. word on Mass Grave is that they destroyed with their crust/grind. Looking forward to it.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at May 5,2007 4:41pm
I'll be there.

toggletoggle post by lolitablck at May 5,2007 5:24pm
they will destroy where as we will create...and people will leave

toggletoggle post by horror_tang  at May 5,2007 8:02pm
I was going to go, but do not dare cross the repost police. If I go to show from a thread already posted, I am a dead man.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at May 6,2007 3:27pm
This show went above my expectations in one sense that La Fraction was actually the best band that played. I mean, not that I didn't like the two crusty bands...I was listening to Man the Conveyors and thinking "This sounds like total Disrupt worship" and then they covered A Life's A Life and realized "Wow, I was right". Mass Grave didn't have the sonic assault of the band that played before them(only one guitarist) but I'd like to think they were a little more creative musically. But what the fuck is it about crusty bands and people not actually moving around to them, just standing there waving their fists? What the fuck is that? And why did both bands have two vocalists? Is that really necessary? Either way, when La Fraction came on it was kind of a moment of relief and a breath of fresh air(literally). They were a very high energy band and their singer was actually really good. The pit was a blast too, people basically groping each other, swinging around back and forth...I don't even drink and I just felt completely drunk in the pit and dizzy once it was all over. The show as a whole lacked the consistency and overall intensity of the Total Fury show on Thursday, but this was still a fun time.

toggletoggle post by Armageddon at May 8,2007 11:45am
Thanks for comin out man! It was a good time.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][4:17:44am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01847 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]