New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> RTTP NY: Serious!! Please repost! My friend was severly injured by a hit and run by the_taste_of_cigarettes on Apr 14,2007 1:31pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 14,2007 1:31pm
My friend Monica Henk, who I've known for almost 7 years now, and whose husband is a great friend of mine (he also did 4 of my major tattoo pieces) is now being taken off of life support.

About a week ago, someone in a black SUV hit her and took off. She was pronounced DOA but miraculously revived at the hospital only to be comatose and with little chance of recovery.

Unfortunately, there have been no immediate witnesses, so a massive reward is being offered up to anyone that can help find the person that did this.

Monica is a great, loving, hilarious person who moved up here from Columbia and has been a remarkable artist in the body modification community. She's a warm person and this is a huge blow to all her friends and family.

Here is all the info I know:

The police and NY Crimestoppers are seeking information on the driver of the SUV who has not been caught yet. The vehicle is believed to be a 95-97 Black Chevy S-10 Blazer missing the front bumper from the accident, and one of the headlights was smashed out. The accident occurred on the corner of Kent & Flushing Ave. in Brooklyn, New York at about 7am on Saturday, April 7th, 2007.

Crimestoppers is offereing $10,000 and the Henk family has raised $6,000 as well for information leading to the arrest of her killer. If you have information, please contact Dan Henk at (917) 554-1341 or call New York State Crimestoppers at (800) 577-TIPS. Further information will be posted to DanHenk.com.

And Also the myspace bulletin from <b>April 10th, 2007</b>:

"Artist Monica Henk who used to tattoo at PURE and SACRED TATTOO, was in an accident on her motorcycle two nights ago with a hit and run SUV and is in extremely critical condition. She was dead on the scene, revived by EMS, but is completely unresponsive in a coma right now. She isn't breathing on her own, nor responding to touch or pain. The doctors say she is amongst the 90th percentile of people who do not make it. Her oxygen/blood level is at 17% right now and decreasing, as of midnight.

Her husband, Dan Henk, who also works at Pure part time, is putting together a reward fund for anyone who can help find the hit and run black SUV on the corner of Kent and Flushing in Brooklyn. I was just wondering if you could post this on on your pages to help raise a little money for the reward. Any donations should be made to dan@danhenk.com with "Monica Henk Charity Fund" in the subject. He's up to around $3500. Thanks a bunch, in advance.

Dan is a good friend of the bands and contributed a lot of artwork for Indecision t-shirts over the years. Please help if you can or at the very least, pass this on. Thank you"

PLEASE forward this along to anyone that might even have been remotely in the area at the time or be able to pass it around as well. Dan is a great guy and the least he can get from this is some kind of justice.

Thank You.

-Nicholas

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 14,2007 2:12pm
aww so sad =(
i hope they find who did it

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 14,2007 2:13pm
thanks carina

I hope so too, if for nothing else but to give Dan some feeling of justice

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Apr 14,2007 2:24pm
I heard about this, how horrible : (

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 14,2007 2:29pm
what is up with hit and runs and new york?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 14,2007 5:13pm
please pass this around places. it will help us track down what may end up being -- and I really hope not -- but end up being a person that may have just murdered someone. Monica was a great person that I think many of you would have liked and may have been able to relate to (in true south american style she loves Sepultura, and she also loves Dimmu Borgir), and to help the Henk family and the people in her family feel some kind of peace, it's vital that this message reach someone who may have seen something.

Thank you all for the help you can provide, it means a lot.

toggletoggle post by NIGGER  at Apr 14,2007 6:41pm
I bet Whitey blames the Black Man for this one. Fuck.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 16,2007 12:23am
Monica passed away in the past few days I guess

The person we are looking for is now a murderer.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 16,2007 8:30am
thats so bad. my regards to the family.

toggletoggle post by shatteredliz   at Apr 16,2007 12:36pm
This is horrible. I am at least glad that lots of people are supporting the cause and spreading the word. I've seen/heard about this everywhere.

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Apr 16,2007 12:41pm
f.y.i. the reward is up to $20,000

though, I don't even know how a witness how could even accept such an amount from a family who has already taken the ultimate hit.

terrible stuff, hope the killer is caught.

toggletoggle post by shatteredliz   at Apr 16,2007 1:15pm
Monica Henk Benefit Show!!!Repost Please
Body: From: Dan Henk

We're planning a benefit show, to help pay for her funeral expenses and flying her ashes back to her native Colombia.
I talked to Most Precious Blood, Shai Hulud, and Sean from Coalesce. If anyone is in contact with any other bands, email me at dan@danhenk.com.
It doesn't have to be a hardcore or metal band, she liked Jazz, blues and hip hop as well. We already have one hip-hop band doing the show.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Apr 16,2007 1:21pm
That's sweet. I hope this loser gets whats coming to him... or her.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 16,2007 2:14pm

That's an album cover dan did. I bet a bunch of you know it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2007 2:19pm
she has the same dreads that nick used to have.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 16,2007 2:39pm
Well actually, she was my inspiration for getting the bridge of my nose pierced, and she personally pierced my labret.

She'll be missed.

toggletoggle post by cav at Apr 16,2007 2:47pm
this is wicked sad

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 18,2007 7:34pm

From DanHenk.com on April 12th, 2007:

"I have no words to describe what a horrible feeling it is to see your best friend and the love of your life pass away. Monica Henk was pronounced dead today at 12:50 PM...
The police has some updates, they have now confirmed it is a 95-97 black Chevy S-10 Blazer with front end damage. 5 Detectives are assigned to this case. The reward has risen to $18,000."

There's also funeral information available on there.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 18,2007 7:54pm
There is also a NUTZO benefit show May 5th in Brooklyn with UNSANE, Most Precious Blood, and more!!

http://www.returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=40571

toggletoggle post by keithnli at Apr 18,2007 8:08pm
that really sucks sooo bad.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Apr 18,2007 10:09pm
This is horrible. My regards to her family and friends.

Every day I get a new reason to hate humanity.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Mysterious Iced Visage
[default homepage] [print][10:26:59pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.02293 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]