New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Pokemon banned in Kansas schools, copies burned by y_ddraig_goch on Apr 6,2007 12:40pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Apr 6,2007 12:40pm

The Kansas Board of Education approved a controversial measure yesterday that will ban all Pokemon video games, trading cards, and related merchandise because of the franchise’s blatant promotion of evolution. The vote, which passed by a narrow margin after weeks of debate amongst members of the board, is being hailed as a victory by conservatives and religious groups.

Teachers will now be required to search their students at the beginning of the school day to make sure that they aren’t carrying any copies of the game. Any copies that are found will be immediately and permanently confiscated, and the student may be subject to punishments ranging from a temporary suspension to outright expulsion for repeat violators.

Pokemon is a popular children’s game that first gained popularity in the United States in 1996 with the release of the Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue roleplaying games for the Nintendo Gameboy. Players capture the “pocket monsters” and train them to fight other monsters in the game world. With enough training, a monster will eventually “evolve” into a more powerful monster.

The controversy first started when religious groups discovered the prominent role that evolution plays as a gameplay mechanic in the Pokemon games. Several prominent churches in the Topeka area started distributing pamphlets to parents warning of “the subversive content” in the Pokemon games, and then turned their eyes to the school system, which has long been a hotbed of Pokemon activity.

Soon religious groups were organizing protests outside their local school systems and flooding politicians, and especially the board of education, with angry letters demanding that Pokemon be permanently banned from the schools. Many Kansas churches also held events geared towards encouraging children to drop the game, ranging from several “Pokemon burnings” where copies of the games were thrown into large bonfires, to programs that provided students with a free Bible for every game they turned in to church authorities.

Above: Protestors from the Calvary Glorious Christ Church Militant and Triumphant Baptist Temple gather singing hymns and burning Pokemon games.

Still other church groups, recognizing the addictive nature of video games, have started voluntary support groups for children where they can admit to their video game addiction and give over their life to a higher power in order to remain Pokemon free for the rest of their lives.

This isn’t the first time that Kansas schools have been involved in a controversy over evolution’s place in science education. The Board of Education received national attention in 2005 when they added Intelligent Design theory, an idea that many alarmed citizens likened to teaching religion in the schools, to the curriculum.

Evolution the scientific theory that living organisms adapt to their environment over time and has been subjected to rigorous testing with overwhelming amount of empirical evidence showing that it does in fact happen. Intelligent Design theorists believe that the world is only six thousand years old, that a supreme being designed the entire Universe but somehow remains outside the universe to avoid the pesky question of who designed the creator, and that rampant homosexuality amongst dinosaurs is what led to their fiery destruction at the hand of God.

The ACLU has promised to take the Board of Education to court over the decision, claiming that the state shouldn’t make sweeping changes to the school system based on religious belief. It is unknown as of press time how the Board of Education will respond to another long and drawn-out court battle over the evolution issue, but Daily Gaming News will keep readers informed as the story develops.""

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 6,2007 12:43pm edited Apr 6,2007 12:44pm
as much as i hate pokemon... this is absolutely ludicris.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 6,2007 12:44pm
this just in: the US Government is banning humans because they are allegedly evidence of evolution.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Apr 6,2007 12:49pm edited Apr 6,2007 12:51pm
That's one of the most retarded things ever.

"Intelligent Design theorists believe that the world is only six thousand years old, that a supreme being designed the entire Universe but somehow remains outside the universe to avoid the pesky question of who designed the creator, and that rampant homosexuality amongst dinosaurs is what led to their fiery destruction at the hand of God."

... WTFF?!?!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 6,2007 12:54pm
You've never heard of the Lickalotopuss and the Megasoreass?

The gayest of all dinosaurs!!!!

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 6,2007 12:58pm

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Apr 6,2007 12:58pm
I can't believe they decided to teach that shit in school. How can these people be so fucking retarded?!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 6,2007 12:59pm
i think that the dinosaurs died because Tyrannosaurus Rex couldnt masturbate, and they all went berserk, killing the dinosaurs. seriously, T-Rex got screwed big time. he probably had a massive cock, but these tiny little useless arms that couldnt even reach it. poor bastard.

toggletoggle post by Chris_From_Shit_Fuck  at Apr 6,2007 1:05pm
this proves my theory that Kansas is full of retards.

Also, Germans love David Hasselhoff.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Apr 6,2007 1:10pm edited Apr 6,2007 1:13pm
I told those dinosaurs not to wear assless chaps, but did they listen?

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Apr 6,2007 1:12pm
RichHorror said:
I told those dinosaurs not to wear assless champs, but did they listen?

*ahem*... chaps.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Apr 6,2007 1:13pm
That's what I typed. No one is fooled by you editing the text on your quote.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Apr 6,2007 1:14pm
Sneaky sneak.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Apr 6,2007 1:17pm
Aw, go work on your wheelie.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 6,2007 2:13pm
I'd love to see the evidence to support the claim that dinosaurs turned to homosexuality. Like somehow Pat Robertson uncovers a stegosaurus fossil with semen in its asshole, but only he can see it.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 6,2007 2:15pm

FAGGOT

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 6,2007 2:22pm
Who wants to get extinct?!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 6,2007 2:47pm
xmikex said:

FAGGOT

look at the look on his face. he's practically begging to suck my cock.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 6,2007 2:49pm

2 Year old Timmy Pendergast (pictured above) re-enacts a homosexual courtship between two sexually and morally confused dinosaurs.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 6,2007 3:24pm

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Apr 6,2007 5:21pm
they should just ban the gameboys and video games from school.

toggletoggle post by PIKACHU at Mar 16,2009 4:44pm
PIKA?!?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 16,2009 5:08pm

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Mar 16,2009 6:19pm
HOAX
http://richarddawkins.net/article,836,Kans...to-Evolution-Content,DailyGamingnet

but seriously i wish it was real so I could continue laughing that hard

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][5:35:55am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01264 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]